opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Schism
User Name
Password
Old 08-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Anima/Animus Integration

I did a search in the schism video section for anima and I guess no one said anything about this yet.

Anyways, I think adams perspective on the song is anima/animus integration.

I wont go through everything just yet, but in the end you see the mans inner self trying to get out and once it does its attacking the sleeping woman (anima), its trying to lift or wake her up (waking up the anima). Then the man and the woman (anima) come together as one. Its the balance of anima and animus.

In the beginning you see the scale off balance, but at the end of the song its balanced.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 08-13-2007 at 04:44 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Anima/Animus Integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
I did a search in the schism video section for anima and I guess no one said anything about this yet.

I wont go through everything just yet, but in the end you see the mans inner self trying to get out and once it does its attacking the sleeping woman (anima), its trying to lift or wake her up (waking up the anima). Then the man and the woman (anima) come together as one. Its the balance of anima and animus.

In the beginning you see the scale off balance, but at the end of the song its balanced.

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."
Old 08-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicendice View Post
thanks for your contribution, bro.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicendice View Post
please give me your analysis on this line.

BTW

I found this line in the Flower of Life 2000+ Workshop Manual said by Ronald Holt (if you are unfamiliar with the Flower of Life, you can find it on the Salival CD case, I believe. The book of the Flower of Life by drunvalo talks about the merkaba, unity consciousness, 46 and 2, etc.):

"In this day and age many are experiencing a schism within themselves that feels as if the self is split in two"- page 100

With that said fit it with the song and video.

Am I really going too far at pointing out symbolism here or do you lack in thinking skills?

Quit being ignorant and I'll stop being ignorant to you.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

that was the seed of life on the salival boxset, drea, and it's also on caduceus's webpage. the flower of life, however, shows up in the background of the r amiro rodriguez "aenema" poster (if you have it up on your wall, go check it out now).

integration, yeah, go back to the pronoun thing (horrible name, i know). male, female ...integrate ...sparkbecomesaflamebecomesaFIIIIIIIRE (triad). schism vid. back catalogue through my posts or something ...

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/album/aenemalpsmall.jpg
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
that was the seed of life on the salival boxset, drea, and it's also on caduceus's webpage. the flower of life, however, shows up in the background of the r amiro rodriguez "aenema" poster (if you have it up on your wall, go check it out now).

integration, yeah, go back to the pronoun thing (horrible name, i know). male, female ...integrate ...sparkbecomesaflamebecomesaFIIIIIIIRE (triad). schism vid. back catalogue through my posts or something ...

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/album/aenemalpsmall.jpg
oh my bad. I thought this image was some where with the cd http://toolshed.down.net/buttons/hea...660salival.jpg. I dont own Salival. Either way the seed of life is a part of the flower of life.

Yah its about integration of all sorts. dark and light, left brain and right brain, conscious and unconscious, anima and animus. But in the video the male and the female are mostly symbols of anima and animus. The special bond between the ego and the anima/animus.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

i just wonder when the toolfanbase'll start taking these "occult" symbols into consideration. t'see where THAT stuff may take 'em...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

I kind of feel this is a good way to interpret all of the videos except Hush. Stinkfist especially really seems to explore this theme of the relationship vs. abuse of the male and female within the psyche. While the feminine presence isn't really as clear in videos such as Parabola, Ænema and the two Undertow videos, a sense of both "twin-ness" and androgeny is apparent, which is an easy reference to masculine/feminine presence in the Tarot.

Your point on balance at the end of the Schism video is interesting though, because to me the image of the male and female joined together into a single being speaks more of something more grotesque and forced. It's an ugly image, and to me it's a reference to the ugliness of a forced relationship between the male and female... something which is apparent when there is a communication breakdown between people. It's ugly in real life, and I think Keenan's point here might be that it's just as ugly and horrible when it happens within.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

It's interesting to note in the first shot that the topmost symbol seen along the disc looks like a yin-yang.) ???

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: