opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 08. 4 Degrees
User Name
Password
Old 02-04-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Anal Sex and 'Four Degrees'

Almost everyone knows the connection between the two, but in the FAQ, you see that the anal cavity is four degrees warmer than the vagina. I disagree. While this may be true, to my understanding, your body temperature rises four degrees during sex, creating the 'hot, steamy' effect. The lyrics in the song make a whole lot of sense when you think about it the FAQ's way, but I don't know. What do you think?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
i dotn know, i used to believe the whole anal sex interpretation of the song. but right now it woul dtake a lot to convince me, it just doesnt seem credible when compared to the other songs.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
Also says in the FAQ that the song isn't about penetration (which I'm guessing they mean anal sex). I never thought this song was about anal sex.. bleh.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:45 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18
open wide

if any thing the song is about beign open to new things and how you can improve your self by doing so...
Old 02-11-2003, 11:48 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: open wide

Quote:
Originally posted by Convoy_X
if any thing the song is about beign open to new things and how you can improve your self by doing so...
Yeah, that's what was said about the song before the opinion section disappeared. But, within that post, it was stated that anal sex was used as a metaphor to try new things...

Just a reminder - it's not good to get caught in the undertow...you don't want to be dragged along. Maybe 4 degrees implies something about anal sex, maybe not. In the end, you just have to find the key to 'free yourself from yourself'
Old 02-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 62
I think that "open to new things"-thing is the best explanation so far but knowing Tool's twisted humour they might as well write a song about anal sex literally and then everyone's trying to get some nice thoughts and interpretations about it.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:33 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
dude ok...i thought this one up but its while i was stoned so its probably not very good =( anyway i think its about people raping them (not literally) and thats what it has to do with anal sex...getting raped by censors...

i dont know im dumb
Old 03-03-2003, 03:58 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by pneuma i
dude ok...i thought this one up but its while i was stoned so its probably not very good =( anyway i think its about people raping them (not literally) and thats what it has to do with anal sex...getting raped by censors...

i dont know im dumb
no now lets not tear our selfs down... i coud see that but it seem that the song has a more positeve tone to it.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: Anal Sex and 'Four Degrees'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma i View Post

i dont know im dumb
yeah, you are dumb. people who smoke marijuana are dumb and marijuana is bad mmkay...

...just kidding...mwhahhaaha
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Sorry about that last post. Now let me say something that has something to do with the topic.

This is my favorite song off the Undertow album, because of several reasons:

1. Musically it kicks ass. Some say it sounds very mainstream, but hell, why should all Tool songs sound different than songs from other bands. It also has a kind of middle-eastern sound to it, especially the intro riff and there's also a nice solo in it. Finally, this song might has nothing to do with water, but it sure seems to "flow" like it.

2. This song has many layers and different meanings. Some people, like ThreeDeviations, only take ONE meaning into consideration and proclaim it as "the truth" and then tell other people their interpretation is wrong. I think people should accept that any Tool song can have different meanings.

3. What this song means to me is very comforting. It tells me that there's more to life than just science. If I'm willing to be open-minded I can somehow "unlock" my true "potential" and progres in the search for Truth and Wisdom.

I think the difference between wisdom and science lies within experiencing things for yourself instead of just observing, describing and predicting. I'm not saying people should renounce science. It's not a question of "Us against Them". That's the problem we also see in religion nowadays. People say:"Our religion is good and your religion is bad", while in fact every religion is good. Something useful can be learned from each religion. It's the people who try to convince you to enter "their" religion whom you should doubt.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19

Well, I wont get too much into it, but did you guys know that water (yes, H2O) reaches its maximum density at 4 degrees?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_(..._water_and_ice

Now check out the song...interesting connection, and follows the ideas of the album.

Take care,
Andy

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: