opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 09. Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 11-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Red and Yellow Experience

I recently started smoking marijuana and i had a very interesting experience. I was outside smoking from a glass pipe with my friends and everyone kept asking me if i was stoned yet or if i felt anything and so on. After about ten minutes and 4 lung-fulls of smoke, the drug hit me instantly and hard. Imediately, every color in my vision faded, and in its place came horizontal stripes that were colored red and yellow alternately. It was like i was seeing everything through an old TV that would have lines through the picture.

Since then, everytime I do marijuna colors seem to dull and become a redish/yellowish color.

This obviously made me think of lateralus due to the lyrics in the song. Has anyone had a similar experience or have insight into the significance of those colors and their meaning in the song?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
On Probation

Re: Red and Yellow Experience

ya dude, the same thing happened to me when i was way high on weed smoke...it was sooooooooooo cool. I jerked off. am. jerking off. right now. reading. typing. high. thanks.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

I've heard that red and yellow are colors that are seen more easily at infancy (after black and white); I sort of took it as seeing something in a whole new light, an analogy to being born or being in infancy. Experiencing something new, I suppose.

If you are seeing red and yellow horizontal stripes while high on weed, maybe you should make sure that it's really only weed-because I used to smoke out quite a bit for several years and I've never had that experience, not even in the beginning. Or maybe I just don't remember.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PShepherd11 View Post
I've heard that red and yellow are colors that are seen more easily at infancy (after black and white)
You know, I've heard the same thing, and just now I thought "I wonder if it has to do with light exposing blood vessels. " You know, that color of red you see when you have your eyes just barely shut, and you look at something bright like the sun. Before an infant opens it's eyes, I would think red and yellow tones would be all they would see from all the light coming through the skin. I don't know, I'm pretty tired......

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: