opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Ænema
User Name
Password
Old 07-01-2003, 09:45 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
multi-universe

I hope this isn't just my dumbass TV. I was watching the video on salival, and below and above the main video there are parts of the same video just not in full screen. It is like when you have the negatives for photos and they are all in one strip. The videos are the same here. Tell me if I need to clarify this better and I will try but for now I want to get on with what I was thinking it might mean.
I still believe this song is about the mother nature destroying earth whatever blablabla thingy. Because there are multiple videos at the same time playing the same thing, maybe this is some idea of there's that parallel universes exist. Or that when the world ends it wont just be for this earth and this human race. Maybe when the world ends it will be a universal destruction? I don't have a firm standpoint on these thoughts so help me out people.
Laters
Old 07-02-2003, 02:02 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

no your right there are negatives in the video, im not sure what that symbolizes, but its a good thought. but i figured id tell you that your not going crazy seeing the negatives in the video.

machinametum
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

good - i saw there was already a reply to this and i was like "shit... im fucking crazy." - but im not! - thank you - any body have any ideas of what the hell these "negatives" are for?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 83
People often give Tool too much credit when they may not actually be trying to symbolize anything, but who knows they might be.

It could just be for thematic affect or whatever.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:17 AM   #5
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
Re: multi-universe

the point of all the weirdness is to inspire thought... i'd wager most of it means nothing at all, but the fact that fans delve so deeply is an accomplishment.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:20 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

some have said that since the song has to do with LA and LA is where they make movies that there could be a link with that and the filmstrip idea, which makes sense, but its lack roll in the video itself, unlike parabola's viewscreen thingy, lead me to believe that it is just a cool affect for the video and doesn't mean anything.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

there does not have to be meaning in everything, some things are just to provoke thought! Or just because it fuckin' looks cool.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomanirvana
People often give Tool too much credit when they may not actually be trying to symbolize anything, but who knows they might be.

It could just be for thematic affect or whatever.

Tool is almost always symbolizing things; it's too fluent not to be..
Old 04-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

it's interesting because a few of their videos have a certain "microscopic" element to them... aenima starts out with this magnifying glass looking thing if I remember correctly, then you see something kinda remeniscent of this in the beginning of schism. then parabol/a starts with a "molecular" breakdown of the scene in the beginning.

i think the fact that most of aenima is shown with a filmstrip around it is def. significant, if not for the actual story but just to give a proper set-up. videos are like books basically, they need to establish a proper setting or else they might lose some meaning.

filmstrip...movies...created...watched...laughed at...shock...admire...

kinda helps just to let go and "stream of consciousness" it on this video. :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: