opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Ænema
User Name
Password
Old 05-10-2003, 03:36 AM   #1
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
flush those babies

i was watching salival videos today and ænema came on... as i watched, i just focused on what i was seeing (great way to distract yourself if you're feeling down, right?) and my mind began to make connections between the imagery.

the fetus. there are two moments, both brief, in which a fetus creature is displayed on the screen. i frowned as i wondered what could be the purpose of it, and then an idea began to grow: what if this song is about an abortion?

think about it; the fetus, the alien with the tube coming out of its gut (this is an umbilical cord perhaps?), which later pricks its own eye (blinding itself to the reality of what happens? yeah, i'm reaching...) as its stomach bloats up to an almost pregnant-looking state. think of the words: flush it all away, references to "mom", 'faultline' (which is also used in Pushit, possibly to symbolize the change in turf involving a woman's outer/inner vagina... if you aren't familiar with the sex theories, go over there and freshen up because they make sense).

if these connections aren't convincing (after all, just because they show a fetus doesn't mean it's about the fetus) then backtrack one track on the album to cesaro summability. they come in this order: pushit (sex), cesaro summability (incubation--that baby sounds like it's in a cave, doesn't it?), ænema (the flush-out). if you think about it, abortion really is just a massive enema, so that much at least makes sense. don't say maynard wouldn't have any reason to think about such a thing, because if my timeline is correct, his boy was born in close proximity to the creation of the album.

sorry if i'm unclear... i haven't quite organized my thoughts on the matter yet. let me know what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:08 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
you've got a point there
Old 01-16-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: flush those babies

good point. But what does L Ron Hubbard, pilots, armageddon and so on have to do with abortions?

Its symbolism for something else
Old 01-16-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

the baby bit i mean

Could be for sumthin like... uhm.... LA is part of the world [the baby].... uuh... the mother is the world... and uhm... abortion... and... LA gone...

I dunno, not seen video yet :P
Old 02-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

i'd say the two parts have no relation....if any at all...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: