opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 11. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 06-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
"Let Me Out of Here!"

Heard this while on Acid listening to this song. Its around the 7:00 min mark when the music starts to pick up. Even the guitar and bass rhythm are playing to this phrase. But its very weird and kinda startled me at first. But if listen closely you'll hear what im talking about. Pretty easy to tell why that phrase is in there based on the songs premise. Feel like it has a lot of relation to the abyss and being locked away.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: "Let Me Out of Here!"

is it one of those instrumental composite allusions to the euphonics which make up the phrase: "let me out of here"? or is maynard clearly saying this? is it tucked deep within the music, would i need to alter the music somehow, how was it weird or startling, can you hear it clearly on the natch, how close to the 7min mark, are there any 'landmarks' in the song to 'look' for? i'd imagine i may hafta been high to understand where you be coming from. i've tried it a few times and couldn't find it, not a single word really. :/
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
is it one of those instrumental composite allusions to the euphonics which make up the phrase: "let me out of here"? or is maynard clearly saying this? is it tucked deep within the music, would i need to alter the music somehow, how was it weird or startling, can you hear it clearly on the natch, how close to the 7min mark, are there any 'landmarks' in the song to 'look' for? i'd imagine i may hafta been high to understand where you be coming from. i've tried it a few times and couldn't find it, not a single word really. :/
It's deep in there and yes I think it has something to do with the way the music is all sonically coming together, I guess. Truthfully I heard it plain as day when I was tripping, but it's definitely hard to hear sober but its there. I think when someone trips they can hear different frequencies a lot easier so things start to become clearer when listening to tool's music. It Kinda sounds like Maynard but I think there's something more to it. The timeline goes like this, around 6:25 the drums start to sorta play this phrase pattern with the downbeats as each word of the phrase. At about 6:55 the phrasing then starts with the guitar. Then at 7:07 the bass starts to play it very prominently. From this point on it's very hard to hear, but at 7:25 the words are kinda audible, more or less you barely hear "Let". But at 7:48, 7:56, 8:04 and 8:13 I can definitely hear the whole phrase, especially at 7:48. It startled the shit out me because I was just zoned in and I had listened to the song a hundred times and then heard it for the first while tripping so it was pretty weird. I know this sounds probably sounds whacky but It's there dude lol
Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

?

Code:
7:48
g------------9-9-/12-12--7-7-6-6-6-9-6-----------
d------/7-7----------------------------7~--------
a--------------------------------------0~--------
       (let  me   out    of  h e r e)
       saw that gap again today, yeah
7:56
d--5-5-/7-7----------------------------7~--------
       while you were begging me to stay

8:04
d--5-5-/7-7----------------------------7~--------
       managed to push myself away
8:13
d--5-5-/7-7----7---5-----------------------------
a------------7---7---5-5-5-4-7-4-0~--------------
d------------------------------------------------
       (let  me  out of  h e r e)
       and you, as well, my dear
i'm not sure what i'm hearing (or if i'm forcing it) but - if i understand you correctly - the 8:13 phrase does stand out for me. like maynard singing in the tone of adam's guitar. i've tripped over it a few times now. subtle (if even there), but i think i hear what you mean. seems like a strong possibility anyhow. being "zoned out" at that point in the song makes a lot of sense, too, given the repeated, driving, trance-like, shamanic shit they were conjuring a few riffs before. like after the pot's "weap in shades of indigo, shed w/o a reason". a tool, an instructional for meditation.

they've done this sort of thing before. whispers, news commentary, matrix-phoneline sounds (end of rosetta stoned), jambi vox box solos, overlapped multiple personalities, and even entire rhythmic phrases ...like a king crimson thrak moment! i.e. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! holy fucking shit ... holy fucking shit ... holy fucking shit ... so. actually, rosetta stoned's just trippy all over the place. (and it still instructs : you better listen!)

idk, it's like finding out that black holes exist on paper before ever thinking to look for 'em above. with how mathematical/methodic, geometrically precise, and all that crazy/random hidden-for-centuries black magic stuff (they're all into and seek out, like a life-line sorta thing) ...i have little doubt they're hiding stuff in plain sight ...all over the place. just like this. sometimes i imagine danny carey has translated entire grimoire spells into popular drum patterns and solos ...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Yea I could go on for days with all the weird shit I've heard in their music. But for those tabbed out phrases you had, the "let me out of here" comes in between each of Maynard's lyrics in that one part. Maynard sings saw the gap again today..LMOOH..while you were beggin me stay..LMOOH and so on. I listened to lateralus on shrooms on 12-21-12, of all days, and no joke and out of nowhere I started speaking in tongues to the music. It was some wild shit, I had never even heard tongues in my life. It was almost like German and it went with the rhythm of the music. My buddy was like dude your starting to freak me out lol! Ever since then their music took on a whole new level for me in terms of respect and preparation of the mind for what your getting into with their music. It's not anything to take lightly. The undertow album has enochian or tongues on it in one of the songs, I heard it once while on a trip but couldn't remember what song it was. That album was like a scary movie when tripping haha

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: