opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » Artwork
User Name
Password
Old 04-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
4 Deaths of Lateralus MAN

the first page of the booklet has the 4 eyes and the spiral which i beleave to be mind , will , speach , action .. the spiral goes where ever the will desires . .

the second page is the first death he is a muscle man he sees the ring of eyes behind him and thinks more . untill...

the third page he dies a little more the ring is definate and he starts to glow forming new knowledge which is the pentagram behind his head ....

the fourth page dies some more , now the knowlege is inside his head and it seems definate ..

the fifth page dies agian and now understands GOD as you see it built now into his brain ..

the sixth page i beleave is suposed to represent Reality and god

....................... hes shedding skin .....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

other

i used to think that they where just different kind of people ... but then i noticed that the pictures get deeper and deeper untill it reaches god .
Old 10-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: 4 Deaths of Lateralus MAN

Why was this post so neglected . .

the original idea holds true , depth of understanding employed threw the 4 eyes .

I would love to hear what others have to say about it .
Old 10-11-2003, 05:41 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
I always saw it as someone getting more and more vulnerable... that's just what hit me when I first saw it, I'm not saying it makes sense.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

hmm... good theory... doesnt matter if that IS what its meant to be, thinking is good!

im more interested in the red 'thing' on the last page------what the hell is it????
Old 02-24-2004, 05:56 AM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter Specter
the first page of the booklet has the 4 eyes and the spiral which i beleave to be mind , will , speach , action .. the spiral goes where ever the will desires . .

the second page is the first death he is a muscle man he sees the ring of eyes behind him and thinks more . untill...

the third page he dies a little more the ring is definate and he starts to glow forming new knowledge which is the pentagram behind his head ....

the fourth page dies some more , now the knowlege is inside his head and it seems definate ..

the fifth page dies agian and now understands GOD as you see it built now into his brain ..

the sixth page i beleave is suposed to represent Reality and god

....................... hes shedding skin .....

Your perception is very nice. I like the way you think.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Kay, I like what's already been said, but I'm going to add my few cents.

The first man is a representation of the muscular system. The second is the skeletal. The third is the organ systems (forgot the name for that). The fourth is the circulatory and respiratory. I think a look at the functions of each of these could help: The muscular system's purpose is to provide us with a means of movement and action. The skeletal system supports us. The organs...organs convert energy we take in into chemicals we need; a sort of factory. And obviously, the circulatory and respiratory is how we get oxygen and get it to cells. I myself can't think of where to go with this, but maybe someone else will get a good idea...?

The equal-armed cross intrests me a lot. Old Gaelic crosses that look like that one represented peace. It also has ties to a lot of things: myth, the compass rose (and the rose is actually a myth thing too), sacrifice (in the Christian sense), etc. I was more interested in the spirals that came out of the center however. It looks like a magnetic field; specifically the Earth's. By that train of thought, the cross would represent Earth, and those little particles...well I'm not sure. I would guess that the number Phi might have something to do with the arrangement of the particles, but I haven't looked into this yet either.

It's like I know what it all means, but the words are lost on the way to my mouth (or fingers). Sort of an emotion, if you will. Or gut feeling. Very mystical.

Ahh, just had a thought: instead of earth:cross::magnetic field:spirals, substitute a person for the cross, and go from there. That makes sense too, only no words again.

Close, but no cigar.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

What if it isnt 4 deaths as it is the creation of life, and then flipped around, death.
Like maybe the last page is the soul.
then the layers over it are created, then death is just the deconstruction of the creation.
Just a thought doods...
Old 08-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 4701

wow, I thought that was a very good theory. Nicely done.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:54 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Before I begin this brief "theory" of mine, there are two things to keep in mind.

One. We, as humans, are much more than our physical bodies. Humans are much more complex than that, and are made up of a number of different "bodies." We are a five-piece being, a conglomeration of a physical body, a vital body, an emotional body, a mental body, and then the "Inner Spirit."

Now, armed with this knowledge of the five pieces of individual human existence, go back through the booklet, starting on the "muscle-man" piece, and designating him as the "physical body." Then, the next page will be your "vital body," and so on and so forth.

Be sure to take careful notice of all seemingly insignificant details, as they are the most important in your analysis.

After having finished with looking at the booklet in this light, reconsider the possibility that the booklet symbolizes not a gradual Death of Man, but rather, the Multi-Dimensionality of Man.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:36 PM   #11
On Probation

the sphere is the counter-rotating circle of light that surrounds you during merkaba meditational breathing http://www.crystalinks.com/merkabah.html
Old 11-06-2004, 01:30 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

If you read up about Chakras, Meditation, Khundalini etc etc, you will see the spiritual represntaion of EVERYTHING in this booklet, including spiritual diagrams or drawings that have been done WAAAAY before Lateralus that have extreme resemblences.

The eyes, they are ALL positiond at the exact place of the variouse Chakras, the one on the hand being a 'sub-chakra' (not a main one, but it is there and is used). The one on his chest represents the 'Heart Chakra', the one over his throat is the 'Throat Chakra', and the one by his forehead is at the position of the 'Third Eye Chakra'. The base, or Root Chakra isnt on these drawings as it is located below the base of the spine, this is where the Khundalini lies dormant. Through meditations, and LOOKING INTO YOURSELF, you can activate the Khundalini, which SPIRALS up and exits through the 'Crown Chakra', which is located at the top of the head.

Think about the Parabola viedeo aswell, the eyes enter through the Sub-Chakra points, which are at the feet and the hands. They spiral up and create Lotus Flowers at each of the Chakra points, they are done in the correct colours, and it shows all of them. Thats all i can be stuffed typing, sry, lol, but if this hasnt intrigued you enough, i dont know how obviouse the meaning need to be. Here are some links to artwork which has absolutely no link to Tool, or even music for that matter, purely spiritual:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d.mccam...i%20Rising.htm
http://eclore.chez.tiscali.fr/img/kund2.jpg

Notice anything farmiliar, not only to the Lateralus booklet, but the colours used in the Parabola music video, the flowers representing the chakras etc etc.

Read this as a short intro to the chakras, but the last paragraph is the main link to the lateralus art, and the Parabola music video does use lotus flowers, they are not just any flower thrown into the video. Enjoy

http://webpages.shepherd.edu/tsantm01/chakra.html

Something Else:

http://www.spirit-alembic.com/crown.html

And for those who dont own Salival, you wont see the significance of that link. If you dont, on the Salival boxset, the Tree of Life is superimposed over the beings body (I say being cos it isnt exactly human looking), and for those who dont know what the tree of life is, its thos circles connected by lines in the image on the page i linked to above. Quite a few connections, wouldnt you say.

Last edited by Lateral Us; 11-06-2004 at 01:51 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: