opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 06-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/08/19 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Concert Hall

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-20-2006, 01:08 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/19 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Concert Hall

Just got home from the 8/19 show, here's the setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right in Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Just got back. My first Tool concert - just so happened to be in Honolulu when they decided to come here.

Setlist:
stinkfist
the pot
forty-six & 2
jambi
schism
rosetta stoned
sober
intension segue
right in two
lateralus
vicarious
aenema

I'm really at a loss for words. I can die happy now that I've seen Lateralus played live. All members of the band were tight as hell; Maynard especially sounded good. I'd heard some live recordings where he'd been a little flat, but from what I could tell he was totally on tonight.

Adam Jones fucking rules.

Edit: Also, when I turned up at 7:00 I saw Blair outside sitting at a table with a woman and some other guy, but I found myself lacking testicles and didn't take the opportunity to go say hello. When I finally did work up the courage I found that they were already walking away. I'm such a loser.

Last edited by apathetic goat; 08-20-2006 at 01:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-20-2006, 02:27 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I kicked Blair in the nuts when I saw him walking around and screamed, "SPECIFY!"

Tight show. Loud as HELL! Right In Two was incredible! Every song got an amazing response and the energy just built to an amazing climax. Right before the two encore songs when the band was resting, the crowd got so loud I thought my eardrums were going to pop. They killed it tonight and I saw them have to carry some chick out who just couldn't handle the MASSIVE TOOL sound.
For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel, looking, looking, breathlessly. - don Juan
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Friday night's show was better IMHO but it was nice to hear Right in Two tonight.

The girl who got hauled out was right behind me, I have no idea what happened but she was totally unconscious/out of it.

We saw Blair et al on Friday night and went up and said hello and made dicks of ourselves. LOL.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

i couldn't really hear the singing for most of the songs except for bits, but i was at the very back of the seated area in the balcony. could people closer to the front hear any better? other than that it was awesome. my mom came with me since she thinks i'm too young to go to concerts by myself and now she is really into tool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Ya I could hear the vocals. For me the only muffled parts were the beginning of both Lateralus solos--Danny's drumming was just way way loud. I did love the GONG in Schism and Lateralus.
For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel, looking, looking, breathlessly. - don Juan

Last edited by schismsirp; 08-21-2006 at 02:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 04:33 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Man, first of all, let me send out an Aloha to all you Tool fans here. I have just officially become a lurker. Liking that one!!

Well, i have been a Tool fan since Undertow, but somehow, have never seemed to have been able to catch them live. That is up until now, and i will not miss another Hawaii show they put on, period. Shoots, maybe even have to start some vacation plans to catch them again on the mainland, although Maynard said at the Saturday night show that they may be back in the New Year. One can hope.

First show was Friday night, Row 12, and man, what a show. From start to finish, i was just mesmerized. Truly a phenomenal performance in a great intimate venue. Mind you, i spent a good portion of the show, in anticipation of Saturday night, knowing i would be one of the lucky 26 people in the Front Row. If i didn't think i was sonically assaulted enough on Friday, and believe me, it was jolting, Saturday was just a completely different story.

Saturday night, front row, directly infront of Adam, man, i am still speechless. To be able to have such a great view of these guys, to see what goes into putting out such great sounds, is really undescribable. I know someone else mentioned Kirk slaughtering Sober, well, i don't completely agree, it was an okay performance on Friday, but man. let me tell you, Saturdays version was f@$kin off the richter. Remember that sonic assault i was talking about, well after the intro to Sober, i thought i was going to EXPLODE. And loving every second of it. And the sonic assault was literally just that, on the entire body, every sense unignored.

And so glad to have gotten Right in Two, and Opiate. Honestly think that Rosetta Stoned was my favorite, but it's hard to rate any part of the show as better than the other. Well thanks for the experience, and i will honestly never miss another show brought to this island.

Sure wish i had a camera with me though, man, the pics i coulda got wouldve been sick, but i had to settle for the occasional phone pic.

A hui hou
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: