Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
sylph
05-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Of the video played on the screens during the concerts. I think this would be an awesome addition to have that come out with the albums.

sorry if this idea has been posted before

What are peoples thoughts on this idea?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
I would really like a dvd, not of the band but...

Of the video played on the screens during the concerts. I think this would be an awesome addition to have that come out with the albums.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hemiola's Avatar hemiola
05-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Hell, why not? They already did the hard part of creating it all, why not slam it on a disc and ship it? There really isn't enough content in those videos to make it extraordinarily interesting, but if you're going to rock the album through your home entertainment system (usually the best stereo in most homes) and have the TV there anyhow, why not have it flash some cool pictures along with the music? I dig it. Or better yet, release it with the super duper surround sound mix and included the vids on it. I really want to hear some of those guitar sounds swirl ALL the way around the room.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20
Re: I would really like a dvd, not of the band but...

Hell, why not? They already did the hard part of creating it all, why not slam it on a disc and ship it? There really isn't enough content in those videos to make it extraordinarily interesting, but if you're going to rock the album through your home entertainment system (usually the best stereo in most homes) and have the TV there anyhow, why not have it flash some cool pictures along with the music? I dig it. Or better yet, release it with the super duper surround sound mix and included the vids on it. I really want to hear some of those guitar sounds swirl ALL the way around the room.
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
05-22-2007, 07:42 AM

Chet Zar's "Disturb the Normal" DVD has a 13 of the looping animations that Tool uses in their live shows. As for the other images, we need to do some scouting and find where those are.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Chet Zar's "Disturb the Normal" DVD has a 13 of the looping animations that Tool uses in their live shows. As for the other images, we need to do some scouting and find where those are.

DTA = don't trust anyone
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
05-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
Or better yet, release it with the super duper surround sound mix and included the vids on it. I really want to hear some of those guitar sounds swirl ALL the way around the room.
did you ever play 10,000 days on a 5.1 surround system?
if not, try it!
i strongly assume that the album is recorded for 5 speakers! :D
( try "the pot" for starters, it's obvious in that song)

peace
Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #4

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
Or better yet, release it with the super duper surround sound mix and included the vids on it. I really want to hear some of those guitar sounds swirl ALL the way around the room.
did you ever play 10,000 days on a 5.1 surround system?
if not, try it!
i strongly assume that the album is recorded for 5 speakers! :D
( try "the pot" for starters, it's obvious in that song)

peace
05-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham Asylum View Post

Thanks for that, I'll have a look around for it. Not sure of my luck though, down here at the bottom of the world. Might have to import it.

My TV,Dvd &video players and stereo are all hooked up to eachother so the sound would still be great, I just thought It'd be cool to have the visuals
Old 05-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Thanks for that, I'll have a look around for it. Not sure of my luck though, down here at the bottom of the world. Might have to import it.

My TV,Dvd &video players and stereo are all hooked up to eachother so the sound would still be great, I just thought It'd be cool to have the visuals
05-23-2007, 08:21 AM

http://www.chetzar.com/buy.html
Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #6

Bincount™: 1

http://www.chetzar.com/buy.html
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Sylph, you should also browse around on the following: Tool's Dissectional art site, Cam de Leon's Happy Pencil site, and Alex Grey's CoSM site.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Sylph, you should also browse around on the following: Tool's Dissectional art site, Cam de Leon's Happy Pencil site, and Alex Grey's CoSM site.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Rodney Ashley 2
06-14-2007, 03:08 PM

dude! i bought a Dvd at the gwinette show in ga on the 4th of June. It's exactly what you want...It has all the video images from the concert....sweet stuff.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

dude! i bought a Dvd at the gwinette show in ga on the 4th of June. It's exactly what you want...It has all the video images from the concert....sweet stuff.
Lamb & Martyr^'s Avatar Lamb & Martyr^
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM

Is the Disturb the Normal DVD worth the money? How is it?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #9

Bincount™: 6

03-01-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb & Martyr^ View Post
It's entertaining the first time only. It's worth something, but not the $25 they're charging. There's literally 45 seconds of animation looped for like 20 minutes. Check out Chet Zar's website first and determine whether or not you like his art enough to buy the DVD and THEN maybe consider getting the DVD, because it's STILL only 45 seconds of his original animations.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb & Martyr^ View Post
It's entertaining the first time only. It's worth something, but not the $25 they're charging. There's literally 45 seconds of animation looped for like 20 minutes. Check out Chet Zar's website first and determine whether or not you like his art enough to buy the DVD and THEN maybe consider getting the DVD, because it's STILL only 45 seconds of his original animations.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Lamb & Martyr^'s Avatar Lamb & Martyr^
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I already bought it. It cost $27.50. 25 seconds, ugh thats a shame.
Oh well.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #11

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
I already bought it. It cost $27.50. 25 seconds, ugh thats a shame.
Oh well.
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM

i think they should have a dvd with, kind of a show, i would like everything in a show with out the band, i know thats cool and stuff but thats fore when you see them live, but they would make so much if they put out wht they do as a performance like all the screens and lasers, plus jambi would be sweet i love how the four screens behind them started with two when adam started, then when jc and dc started the other two
Old 07-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

i think they should have a dvd with, kind of a show, i would like everything in a show with out the band, i know thats cool and stuff but thats fore when you see them live, but they would make so much if they put out wht they do as a performance like all the screens and lasers, plus jambi would be sweet i love how the four screens behind them started with two when adam started, then when jc and dc started the other two
09-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post

I agree, that would be rad. I'd love to have a dvd....for my archives.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post

I agree, that would be rad. I'd love to have a dvd....for my archives.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply