Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM

SO..
I loved the album the first listen...
then the next couple i gradually enjoyed less and less...
I think i was expecting the fluidity of Lateralus, and the musical experimentation and brilliance of Aenima.... and like so many people on this silly forum... i became disappointed.
..but now im finding that i'm enjoying this album. A LOT..
Mebbe the reason this is, is because ive kinda found where this album fits (for me, anyways)... like what was said before by the band, this is their "blues" album.. and it totally is.. Maynard got to do the emotional thing with APC.. but this is Tool.. and it's definately got more emotion than the other albums (anger excluded). I've found myself diggin the album more and more since i kinda came to the realization. Tool's albums all have their own unique, and VERY strong personalities... and i didnt really see where this fit in the progression of things... but yeah.. the power of Tool, with some the most amazing lyrics and genre-bending songs ive ever heard *coughthepotcough*

So.... just thought i'd say my 2 cents so mebbe some of you whiny people could see things in a slightly different light, and hopefully enjoy the album as much as ive finally begun to.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Ze Blues..............

SO..
I loved the album the first listen...
then the next couple i gradually enjoyed less and less...
I think i was expecting the fluidity of Lateralus, and the musical experimentation and brilliance of Aenima.... and like so many people on this silly forum... i became disappointed.
..but now im finding that i'm enjoying this album. A LOT..
Mebbe the reason this is, is because ive kinda found where this album fits (for me, anyways)... like what was said before by the band, this is their "blues" album.. and it totally is.. Maynard got to do the emotional thing with APC.. but this is Tool.. and it's definately got more emotion than the other albums (anger excluded). I've found myself diggin the album more and more since i kinda came to the realization. Tool's albums all have their own unique, and VERY strong personalities... and i didnt really see where this fit in the progression of things... but yeah.. the power of Tool, with some the most amazing lyrics and genre-bending songs ive ever heard *coughthepotcough*

So.... just thought i'd say my 2 cents so mebbe some of you whiny people could see things in a slightly different light, and hopefully enjoy the album as much as ive finally begun to.
04-28-2006, 08:18 PM

Mebbe? Maybe has the same amount of characters, so just use the actual word.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746
Re: Ze Blues..............

OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-28-2006, 08:41 PM

Im starting to realize how much the Pot differs from the rest of the album. It is almost more of a blues-rock song in parts.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
Old 04-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Im starting to realize how much the Pot differs from the rest of the album. It is almost more of a blues-rock song in parts.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
OFFLINE |  
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM

I think the reason why we're at first in love with it and then second guess it is because it is great and refreshing to hear some new and truely artistic materail come down the pipeline. But at the same time it is not up to par with what we expect Tool to put out. Expectations are a bitch... The less you have of them, the greater you will be surprised/turned on/more receptive. Give it time and I think this album will grow upon you. If anything celebrate the fact that its not the same old boring bullshit that the mainstearm is trying to cram down your throat. At least Tool is taking the road less traveled

Last edited by meatchunk; 04-28-2006 at 09:10 PM..
Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

I think the reason why we're at first in love with it and then second guess it is because it is great and refreshing to hear some new and truely artistic materail come down the pipeline. But at the same time it is not up to par with what we expect Tool to put out. Expectations are a bitch... The less you have of them, the greater you will be surprised/turned on/more receptive. Give it time and I think this album will grow upon you. If anything celebrate the fact that its not the same old boring bullshit that the mainstearm is trying to cram down your throat. At least Tool is taking the road less traveled

Last edited by meatchunk; 04-28-2006 at 09:10 PM..
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
04-28-2006, 09:11 PM

i expected a ton, and got infinitely more. totally from left field i might add. intense album, better every day.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

i expected a ton, and got infinitely more. totally from left field i might add. intense album, better every day.
OFFLINE |  
Reagunn
04-28-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2and46
Dammn boi, spellin like all kerekt and shit ain't kewl, true dat.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2and46
Dammn boi, spellin like all kerekt and shit ain't kewl, true dat.
OFFLINE |  
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
04-29-2006, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner

...Now if only Lateralus would have been this way.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner

...Now if only Lateralus would have been this way.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply