Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
D/R/T
04-25-2003, 10:36 PM

who do you think is the best member of tool? your favourite member, basically...what does it for you? Maynard's 'voice of god', Adam's awesome tones and distortition? Danny's amazing rhythms? Justin's inspiring riffs? Or to put it this way...if someone had to leave, who would you choose to kick?

This, here, this my friend, is a spoon.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
best member

who do you think is the best member of tool? your favourite member, basically...what does it for you? Maynard's 'voice of god', Adam's awesome tones and distortition? Danny's amazing rhythms? Justin's inspiring riffs? Or to put it this way...if someone had to leave, who would you choose to kick?

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Alexandra's Avatar Alexandra
04-25-2003, 10:44 PM

Definitely Danny. His rhythms MAKE TOOL. Danny Carey is awesome. His philosophies are really purposeful and intelligent, and he's just the most chilled-out, relaxed guy. His drumming is some of the best in the business. It's probably why I, and others, like The Patient so much.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 495
Definitely Danny. His rhythms MAKE TOOL. Danny Carey is awesome. His philosophies are really purposeful and intelligent, and he's just the most chilled-out, relaxed guy. His drumming is some of the best in the business. It's probably why I, and others, like The Patient so much.
crow011
04-26-2003, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by D/R/T
please tell me you're joking . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .
Old 04-26-2003, 05:49 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 2518
Re: best member

Quote:
please tell me you're joking . . .

crow011 . . .
revolver_7
04-26-2003, 08:08 AM

why the fucking hell would i have a favourite member?
why would anyone that is a true TOOL fan have a favorite member?

but unfortunatly there is one member that could be replaced .. (not saying any names) but if you look at it his work it is what gives lateralus the edge. and if he were to leave TOOL would have to reorganize their sound again.

yeah anyone who posts here with a favorite member can go fuck themselves

REvolver......
Old 04-26-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 193
why the fucking hell would i have a favourite member?
why would anyone that is a true TOOL fan have a favorite member?

but unfortunatly there is one member that could be replaced .. (not saying any names) but if you look at it his work it is what gives lateralus the edge. and if he were to leave TOOL would have to reorganize their sound again.

yeah anyone who posts here with a favorite member can go fuck themselves

REvolver......
D/R/T
04-26-2003, 06:25 PM

jesus, just hypothetically, of course i love tool, every single one of them, or i wouldn't be here!!! u guys think i dont love all of them? im just curious which one u like; i know i prefer any of them to a member of any other band!

Old 04-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

jesus, just hypothetically, of course i love tool, every single one of them, or i wouldn't be here!!! u guys think i dont love all of them? im just curious which one u like; i know i prefer any of them to a member of any other band!

reign3's Avatar reign3
04-26-2003, 08:07 PM

U are new here. When I first came here, I might have answered a question like yours. But I've learned a lot. Tool is Tool. Tool is not MJK, its not Adam, its not Danney and its not Justin. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

You need to think a little deeper my man.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:07 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
U are new here. When I first came here, I might have answered a question like yours. But I've learned a lot. Tool is Tool. Tool is not MJK, its not Adam, its not Danney and its not Justin. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

adjkl's Avatar adjkl
04-26-2003, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by reign3
Or do you? Everyone obviously has different opinions of each member and his contribution in making the whole. One may fancy Justin's riffs a lot more than Maynard's voice.
The title should be changed to "favorite member" or maybe "who do you relate to most? who do you make the deepest connection with? who do you like wacking off to most?"
Old 04-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Quote:
Originally posted by reign3
Or do you? Everyone obviously has different opinions of each member and his contribution in making the whole. One may fancy Justin's riffs a lot more than Maynard's voice.
The title should be changed to "favorite member" or maybe "who do you relate to most? who do you make the deepest connection with? who do you like wacking off to most?"
reign3's Avatar reign3
04-26-2003, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by adjkl
You tell me I should think deeper? And then you go and say that this guy should change his thread around? Yes...the title should be changed. Best member? Lets talk about something a little more meaningful and mature. "Who do you make the deepest connection with?" would work. But that's a whole different thread. I'm just trying to push this guy and help him think deeper.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:53 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally posted by adjkl
You tell me I should think deeper? And then you go and say that this guy should change his thread around? Yes...the title should be changed. Best member? Lets talk about something a little more meaningful and mature. "Who do you make the deepest connection with?" would work. But that's a whole different thread. I'm just trying to push this guy and help him think deeper.
adjkl's Avatar adjkl
04-26-2003, 10:04 PM

Quote:
who do you think is the best member of tool? your favourite member, basically
That's what he means though.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:04 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
who do you think is the best member of tool? your favourite member, basically
That's what he means though.
reign3's Avatar reign3
04-26-2003, 10:15 PM

Favorite member huh? I guess I shouldn't care too much about this. I'm sure this was like the first question that was asked when this forum started, that's why I'm just a little agitated (but I'll let it go.)

Personaly I don't have a favorite member. Each of them is very unique and different, yet somehow they mesh perfectly to form the ultimate creative force. That sort of thing is a very rare occurance.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Favorite member huh? I guess I shouldn't care too much about this. I'm sure this was like the first question that was asked when this forum started, that's why I'm just a little agitated (but I'll let it go.)

Personaly I don't have a favorite member. Each of them is very unique and different, yet somehow they mesh perfectly to form the ultimate creative force. That sort of thing is a very rare occurance.
04-27-2003, 12:35 AM

Hmmmm I feel sheepish.....for answering........

I don't really think you can deny it. Somehow, you are inclined to relate to one of the bandmates the best. That's how I saw it. It's not at all that I hate any member, or even think that one of them is unnecessary. I just go "wow" every time I hear Danny. I do not discredit any other bandmates either. I love them all, and mostly, I really do love how they achieve the force of one unit, it's amazing. I am a very rhythmic person. I have been to DC's website and I like the things he has to say. I like his philosophies on life and on drumming. I feel/connect with him the most. Sorry you're offended by my opinion.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:35 AM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Hmmmm I feel sheepish.....for answering........

I don't really think you can deny it. Somehow, you are inclined to relate to one of the bandmates the best. That's how I saw it. It's not at all that I hate any member, or even think that one of them is unnecessary. I just go "wow" every time I hear Danny. I do not discredit any other bandmates either. I love them all, and mostly, I really do love how they achieve the force of one unit, it's amazing. I am a very rhythmic person. I have been to DC's website and I like the things he has to say. I like his philosophies on life and on drumming. I feel/connect with him the most. Sorry you're offended by my opinion.
George Bush Sr.'s Avatar George Bush Sr.
04-27-2003, 07:41 PM

History, materialism, monism, positivism, and all the "isms" of this world are old and rusty tools which I don't need or mind anymore. My principle is life, my end is death. I wish to live my life intensely for to embrace my life tragically.

You are waiting for the revolution? My own began a long time ago! When you will be ready (God, what an endless wait!) I won't mind going along with you for awhile. But when you'll stop, I shall continue on my insane and triumphal way toward the great and sublime conquest of the nothing! Any society that you build will have its limits. And outside the limits of any society the unruly and heroic tramps will wander, with their wild & virgin thoughts--they who cannot live without planning ever new and dreadful outbursts of rebellion!

I shall be among them!

And after me, as before me, there will be those saying to their fellows: "So turn to yourselves rather than to your Gods or to your idols. Find what hides in yourselves; bring it to light; show yourselves!"

Because every person; who, searching his own inwardness, extracts what was mysteriously hidden therein; is a shadow eclipsing any form of society which can exist under the sun! All societies tremble when the scornful aristocracy of the tramps, the inaccessibles, the uniques, the rulers over the ideal, and the conquerors of the nothing resolutely advances.

So, come on iconoclasts, forward!

"Already the foreboding sky grows dark and silent!"

--Renzo Novatore
Arcola, January, 1920
Old 04-27-2003, 07:41 PM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 8
History, materialism, monism, positivism, and all the "isms" of this world are old and rusty tools which I don't need or mind anymore. My principle is life, my end is death. I wish to live my life intensely for to embrace my life tragically.

You are waiting for the revolution? My own began a long time ago! When you will be ready (God, what an endless wait!) I won't mind going along with you for awhile. But when you'll stop, I shall continue on my insane and triumphal way toward the great and sublime conquest of the nothing! Any society that you build will have its limits. And outside the limits of any society the unruly and heroic tramps will wander, with their wild & virgin thoughts--they who cannot live without planning ever new and dreadful outbursts of rebellion!

I shall be among them!

And after me, as before me, there will be those saying to their fellows: "So turn to yourselves rather than to your Gods or to your idols. Find what hides in yourselves; bring it to light; show yourselves!"

Because every person; who, searching his own inwardness, extracts what was mysteriously hidden therein; is a shadow eclipsing any form of society which can exist under the sun! All societies tremble when the scornful aristocracy of the tramps, the inaccessibles, the uniques, the rulers over the ideal, and the conquerors of the nothing resolutely advances.

So, come on iconoclasts, forward!

"Already the foreboding sky grows dark and silent!"

--Renzo Novatore
Arcola, January, 1920
crow011
04-28-2003, 01:59 AM

georgey boy:

you scare me sometimes . . . a lot . . .

crow011 . . .

ps: youre still my favourite poster, though . . . even though you are terribly weird . . .
Old 04-28-2003, 01:59 AM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 2518
georgey boy:

you scare me sometimes . . . a lot . . .

crow011 . . .

ps: youre still my favourite poster, though . . . even though you are terribly weird . . .
D/R/T
04-28-2003, 11:37 PM

yeah, what i meant was favourite member...

Old 04-28-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah, what i meant was favourite member...

Graf's Avatar Graf
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM

Dude, if I had to kick out one of the guys in Tool, it would definitely have to be their lousy bassist.

Man, what is *with* that Paul D'amour guy? They seriously need to give him the boot.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Dude, if I had to kick out one of the guys in Tool, it would definitely have to be their lousy bassist.

Man, what is *with* that Paul D'amour guy? They seriously need to give him the boot.
Martin's Avatar Martin
05-02-2003, 01:36 PM

Er...
By what you wrote in your post, it seems that you did not know this;
Paul D'Amour is no longer with the band...
Old 05-02-2003, 01:36 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15
Er...
D/R/T
05-02-2003, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Graf

Um, yeah, Paul is gone, and he was pretty good imo, and also, justin is one of the best i have heard, if u mean they should kick him, cause they sure as hell shouldn''t

Old 05-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Graf

Um, yeah, Paul is gone, and he was pretty good imo, and also, justin is one of the best i have heard, if u mean they should kick him, cause they sure as hell shouldn''t

Flojob's Avatar Flojob
05-03-2003, 01:20 PM

they are all amazing and if one of them was gone then TOOL wouldnt be TOOL , although Paul was very very good. I must say i enjoy danny the most because i am a drummer as well, but if Tool was missing any of the 4 that they have they wouldnt be the same.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:20 PM   #18
On Probation

Bincount™: 1138
they are all amazing and if one of them was gone then TOOL wouldnt be TOOL , although Paul was very very good. I must say i enjoy danny the most because i am a drummer as well, but if Tool was missing any of the 4 that they have they wouldnt be the same.
05-03-2003, 03:31 PM

Graf was being sarcastic.

I HOPE.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Graf was being sarcastic.

I HOPE.
chazbot
05-03-2003, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Er...
Dude, I seriously think to have your sarcasm detector brought in to get fixed.

I mean... holy shit it boggles the mind that graf could be misinterpreted as serious. Albeit his joke was not that funny... :)
Old 05-03-2003, 03:43 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Er...
Dude, I seriously think to have your sarcasm detector brought in to get fixed.

I mean... holy shit it boggles the mind that graf could be misinterpreted as serious. Albeit his joke was not that funny... :)
05-05-2003, 05:16 PM

Choosing a favorite band member would be like choosing a favorite finger. All band members act as a single unit, and to exclude one would be to deprive the entire band of its complete functionability. They sound great not only because each individual is talented, but because they all blend together so incredibly.

Last edited by nate; 05-05-2003 at 05:19 PM..
Old 05-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27
Choosing a favorite band member would be like choosing a favorite finger. All band members act as a single unit, and to exclude one would be to deprive the entire band of its complete functionability. They sound great not only because each individual is talented, but because they all blend together so incredibly.

Last edited by nate; 05-05-2003 at 05:19 PM..
random_1
05-12-2003, 12:16 AM

its just a bit of fun, people take things far to serouis around here.

my fav memmber is maynard, wait no danny, oh no adam. arghh maby its justin :D

hard to choose.. if i WAS to choose, maby maynard.

coz i have a picture of them on my wall and maynard looks like he is sitting in a chair. BUT THERE IS NO CHAIR
it looks mad, tuff thig's

i base my whole choice on maynard because his pose in the poster is the best!!!

btw whats the link to dannys website

parting words. Things said in here, can be taken way to far
its just a bit of fun. and why Alexandra did you say you feel sheepish, it was just a harmless question and you answered. no one told you to.

and "You need to think a little deeper my man." maby you think to deep, and take stuff to serouis, if u didnt want to answer, dont post in here just to and him feel shallow
not every thing to do with tool has to be deep.

play nice maynard can pretend he is seating on a chair :D
Old 05-12-2003, 12:16 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

its just a bit of fun, people take things far to serouis around here.

my fav memmber is maynard, wait no danny, oh no adam. arghh maby its justin :D

hard to choose.. if i WAS to choose, maby maynard.

coz i have a picture of them on my wall and maynard looks like he is sitting in a chair. BUT THERE IS NO CHAIR
it looks mad, tuff thig's

i base my whole choice on maynard because his pose in the poster is the best!!!

btw whats the link to dannys website

parting words. Things said in here, can be taken way to far
its just a bit of fun. and why Alexandra did you say you feel sheepish, it was just a harmless question and you answered. no one told you to.

and "You need to think a little deeper my man." maby you think to deep, and take stuff to serouis, if u didnt want to answer, dont post in here just to and him feel shallow
not every thing to do with tool has to be deep.

play nice maynard can pretend he is seating on a chair :D
Atratus
05-21-2003, 02:41 AM

I think i'll have to go with Adam. He makes the whole thing accesible to dense little me. He soothes my busy little soul and allows me to open my ears a little. Then, as soon as i do the rest of them flood in.

Old 05-21-2003, 02:41 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9
Scratch, scratch, scratch... tear out...

I think i'll have to go with Adam. He makes the whole thing accesible to dense little me. He soothes my busy little soul and allows me to open my ears a little. Then, as soon as i do the rest of them flood in.

05-21-2003, 04:01 PM

Danny.... i never even knew what a good drummer was until I heard Lateralus. Adam's guiar is also very intregal for me, there are times when it sounds more emotional than the vocals (third eye comes to mind)
Old 05-21-2003, 04:01 PM   #24
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Danny.... i never even knew what a good drummer was until I heard Lateralus. Adam's guiar is also very intregal for me, there are times when it sounds more emotional than the vocals (third eye comes to mind)
Soror B's Avatar Soror B
09-24-2019, 04:16 AM

One of my boyfriends played bass guitar. So, thanks to Justin and the Captain everything came together.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:16 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

One of my boyfriends played bass guitar. So, thanks to Justin and the Captain everything came together.
10-03-2019, 10:33 PM

I was going to nominate myself but then realized you were talking about the band and not this Board.

:)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

I was going to nominate myself but then realized you were talking about the band and not this Board.

:)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Whowatchesthewampas's Avatar Whowatchesthewampas
10-04-2019, 03:02 AM

My favorite part of this is the 16 years inbetween posts
Old 10-04-2019, 03:02 AM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

My favorite part of this is the 16 years inbetween posts
koko
03-17-2020, 03:21 PM

My favorite part is when a banned member comes back as an alt.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

My favorite part is when a banned member comes back as an alt.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply