opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 01. The Grudge
User Name
Password
Old 02-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #161
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard Hates Mars Volta

I'd rather be happy than right any day, well are you?? Hahahaha no - well that's where it all falls down of course
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #162
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard listens to The Mars Volta.

You want proof? It is in one of his own handmade videos about wine-making:
http://youtu.be/LJALnQiLyR0

Evidence that he doesn't hate the band.

And why would he, when they are GOOD? :P

Last edited by mysoultheunderground; 05-31-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Old 05-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #163
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Little late with that bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Haha, this myth is BUSTED!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #164
Level 1 - Lurker

I know this thread is super old, but I felt like commenting. I'm loving the banter between MrMcPheezy and Cyanide ChrYst. I feel most akin to Lady Mackay, though. MrMcPheezy is trying to get some real discussion going on with Cyanide ChrYst, but is a bit opinionated and sometimes calls Cyanide names, which, in turn, incites Cyanide and he retorts with equally opinionated and hurtful comments.

In any event, I'd love to know (perhaps from MrMcPheezy) if there is indeed a way to quantify talent (notes per second, tonal accuracy). The way I see it, there will nearly always be a level of professionalism and dedication to bands/artists who have made it onto a major label. Of course this is not the same talent, but they usually are better rehearsed than your average Tuesday-night high-school band - even if they are simply puppets of the record label who receive world-class training and tedious tonal correction and lip-sync and all that jazz - they still are dedicated.

In any event, I've only seen The Volta once live, and really enjoyed seeing a creative prog-rock band just going for it, but their sound was simply too "loose" for the venue hall. All I heard was delay on everything and high-pitched voice. It was only during the drum breakdowns where the guitars and synths stopped that I could tell what they were trying to do. But I was still glad they just went for it. I definitely gotta grab their albums and have a listen.

But of course the reason we're all here on this forum is because tool just does it for us - our true musical love. I am both glad that I found arguably the best band to ever have existed, but on the other hand I'm sad I will probably never be able to create something as great as what they have created. But perhaps it is a good thing - it pushes me to be something different - something closer to what I truly am...
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #165
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide ChrYst View Post
That still doesnt explain why maynard hates mars volta.
And nothing here explains what any of it has to do with The fucking Grudge.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #166
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHODE View Post
And nothing here explains what any of it has to do with The fucking Grudge.
it doesn't at all.

Last edited by DogStar_OG; 03-09-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: