opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #41
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Live DVD discussion/demand

i was at the san diego show when they stated that they would be releasing a dvd containing that show and 3 others i belive, ending with LA...and i definitely saw cameras up close and everything, with sweeping shots and obscure angles...but that was back in 2002...so i dont know...bottom line for me with tool....it's going to come out when it's going to come out, no matter what, so i just appreciate when things do actually come out, despite such a long wait for everything...i've just grown to accept it...but TOOL at street scene will hold me over for a little...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 322

Look how long Pink Floyds Pulse took to come out on dvd..........now that was a long wait.....Tool dvd, i bet they are gonna wait after the 10,000 days tour to make a live dvd
Old 07-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

We've waited this long, so I wouldn't mind waiting until the end of this next big tour to see a double live DVD.

Disc 1 = Lateralus Tour, Disc 2 = 10,000 days tour.

King Crimson has done it, amongst others.

A man can dream...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #44
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Tool cultivates patience and common sense.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

I was at the "infamous" Reno show so I REALLY can't wait until this thing comes out. Be patient my friends,...it will arrive soon.Before 2007 I bet.
10,000 Days:4/30/06--5/4/06--9/3/06--12/11/07--7/13/10
Opiate Anniversary/ Pre-new album: 3/11/14--3/12/14
TOOL/Primus tour(minus Primus): 1/6/16
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

on this note, I have recently acquired the live show in Minnesota from back in '02. I don't mean to brag or anything but this is damn near as good as it gets. Whoever made this did a great job. There is at least 2 cameras, complete with fades from one to the other and no interuptions in the sound; not too much crowd noise either. The cams are also very steady, so I'm thinking these guys even had tripods or mounted these cameras very craftily. In any case, getting this sure has made me anticipate seeing them on September 12, in SanAntonio Texas!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda Electric Eye
Look how long Pink Floyds Pulse took to come out on dvd..........now that was a long wait.....Tool dvd, i bet they are gonna wait after the 10,000 days tour to make a live dvd
but that was originally put out in 1995 on CD and VHS only a year after the tour. the DVD is just a remaster.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #48
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman
A man can dream...
and spread some made up rumors to make other men salivate....ah yes....

their new live DVD is gonna be called "super salival" and be a four hour live DVD compilation, like NIN's "and all that could have been" but longer
Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

What if they waited to release it until the end of Tool?

I have seen the Long Beach concert on video, and every now and then you see a guy (or maybe Camella) with a video camera. I believe they have shitloads of footage, but them controlfreaks wont release it yet.

And I am not expecting a typical concert dvd. Wouldn't you be surprised if you were to see any of their faces? It'll be something like the live version of The Noose by APC, I'm guessing.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:58 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

it'll come. probably just not as soon as anyone wants. or maybe november 23. one of those is right.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy View Post
it'll come. probably just not as soon as anyone wants. or maybe november 23. one of those is right.
hahaha. now dont be starting that again. i remember the whole august bullshit last year. random dates never help. TOOL is very sneeky
Old 09-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjac18 View Post
I don't know about any of you but i'm really, ready for a live Tool dvd, one that we know is gonna come out and don't have to wait long! one that is 3 hrs long with videos included and rock you so hard your eyes pop out on the floor so you can watch your own pants being rocked off!
i was just thinking the same thing last night. i was on youtube.com like a crackhead watching every single tool song live, some of the footage is excellent, along with the audio, of coarse some suck, but like anything else its trial and error. i was supprised when i typed in tool no quater and there was even a live performance of that song too, basically every song i've tried has yielded like ten different live performances of that song so for now i think you tube will hold me over, as far as that live dvd, i doubt we will see anything like that in the near future with them just having released a new record and all, but i wouldn't be supprised if they released a dvd between the next few years and their next studio albulm, sort of like the release of salival.

"think for yourself, question authority"
Old 09-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

Old 09-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool View Post
i'll believe it when i see it. thanks for the link
Old 09-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #55
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

maybe there just waiting for spike lee to clear up his schedule to they can release the tour videos in theaters entitled " the original tools"
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
Old 09-13-2006, 02:37 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

seeing as maynard doesnt want any of us to take the band or himself too seriously how cool would it be to do a bikini bandits/Tenacious D-Pick of Destiny style dvd.
Maybe we could do with the lighter side for once...then the live dvd.
Or they could spoof how we see them in a "Spinal Tap" kinda way, after all there is a huge amount of mystique surrounding tool :P
Old 09-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #57
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist View Post
Easy.

Did they have a DVD and Book in the works?
-Yes.

Does it make sense to have a Book about the collaberation between Alex Grey and Tool come out that is now out of date and missing the new material?
-No.

Does it makes sense to release a DVD of an out of date tour, without having anything from more recent shows included?
-Beyond us big fans...not really.

Updating in progress!

Ba-zing!

P.S. Fuck that avy
I sent him a message and i got the same thing we are just going to have to wait he is not letting any info out.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #58
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11 View Post
In any case, getting this sure has made me anticipate seeing them on September 12, in SanAntonio Texas!
Oh dear... im so sorry...

Anywho... I get the impression we are pretty much all on the same page. 'A Live Tool DVD? Gosh that woudl be swell! And knowing Tool they would probably make it something special.' Then our heads race with ideas of what they could do, leaving us drooling... twiddling our thumbs. I like the idea of seeing a 2 disc DVD release with stuff from both of the most recent tours. Possibly some very old live goodies. Is anyone here familiar with the Primus DVD that came out last year? Animals Should not try to Act Like People? It wouldnt surprise me if Tool had enough material for something along those lines.

But for now... here's to wishing...

P.S. While writing this post, Part of Me (Live) off the Salival CD played on my Yahoo! radio station. Could this be a sign?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

Of course DVD would have to be shot in widescreen with 5.1 Dolby/DTS Surround Sound!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #60
Level 4 - Thinker

A live dvd, yes, please.
I have never been to a show where the visuals were that stunning (Dallas, 9-14), and I'm holding true to the thought that anyone who sees their live performance will be entranced/intrigued with it.
LIVE DVD DAMMIT!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #61
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 129

An review/interview with DC. Read the last paragraph. I dont know if this an ass-sumption from the writer or info from DC.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/f...210.xml&coll=5

The new songs have grown so much onstage that "I wish we could go in and record the record again; it would be so much heavier," Carey said.

Tool has stripped away a lot of what the drummer calls the "clutter" of past multimedia extravaganzas to put more emphasis on the music. It also has dispensed with any pretense of a traditional encore, preferring instead to simply sit on stage for a few minutes before resuming the show.

"It takes some of the distance between the band and the crowd away to sit there, hang out and enjoy the moment," Carey said.

The band is considering releasing a live DVD of the tour, which will continue through next year and is likely to return to the U.S. sometime in 2007. "All cylinders are firing, the vibes are good," Carey said, "It's coming together in a good way."

Last edited by jonboy; 09-26-2006 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #62
Level 3 - Talker

Hell yeah that would be so cool. However I thought that the Lateralus tour would have been a better one to make a DVD of. The stage was bigger, they played older tunes, and Danny did a drum solo.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #63
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

it's all about the marketing folks... they dropped salival at just the right time to whet our appetites and prepare us for lateralus...

they're just waiting for the right moment. there will be a live DVD... probably two...

one that will feature footage from the shows supporting lateralus, and one for 10k days...

i was at the Voodoo Music Fest show in New Orleans, way back when (i think it was '01), and there were actually cameras on huge booms, and cranes.... there was some badass footage from that show, that's never seen the light of day...

its out there, and we'll see it somewhen....

...PeAcE...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabula.rassa View Post
it's all about the marketing folks... they dropped salival at just the right time to whet our appetites and prepare us for lateralus...

they're just waiting for the right moment. there will be a live DVD... probably two...

one that will feature footage from the shows supporting lateralus, and one for 10k days...

i was at the Voodoo Music Fest show in New Orleans, way back when (i think it was '01), and there were actually cameras on huge booms, and cranes.... there was some badass footage from that show, that's never seen the light of day...

...PeAcE...
they 'dropped salival' because of legal issues, silly.

I think theyre just gonna release a single dvd with footage from their old and new show.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookerWithADick View Post
Hell yeah that would be so cool. However I thought that the Lateralus tour would have been a better one to make a DVD of. The stage was bigger, they played older tunes, and Danny did a drum solo.
By 2007 or whenever the DVD may potentially see the light of day, the setlist, and the stage may change yet again...and with the lazers they've been bringing out in their show, the DVD footage from this tour may potentially kick the shit out of the Lateralus tour...however I didn't see them during the Lateralus tour so I wouldn't really know. :-P
Old 09-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #66
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabula.rassa View Post

...PeAcE...
I hope this guy is right
Old 10-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst View Post
By 2007 or whenever the DVD may potentially see the light of day, the setlist, and the stage may change yet again...and with the lazers they've been bringing out in their show, the DVD footage from this tour may potentially kick the shit out of the Lateralus tour...however I didn't see them during the Lateralus tour so I wouldn't really know. :-P
no,..you wouldn't know,..I was there and can tell you they can shove the lasers up their asses and bring back the jams!!! Lateralus tour was their prime
10,000 Days:4/30/06--5/4/06--9/3/06--12/11/07--7/13/10
Opiate Anniversary/ Pre-new album: 3/11/14--3/12/14
TOOL/Primus tour(minus Primus): 1/6/16
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #68
Banned.

http://stashbox.org/575/tooldvd.txt

here it is. found the fucker.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #69
Banned.

oh!

now i get the stash thing that dan got!

hooray for dan!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #70
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I hope it's a video of them whazzing in each other's ears personally.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #71
Banned.

Bincount™: 70

don't know about video, but the sound board guys were recording the chicago show. there were two separate microphones both 5' - 6' above the main board. who knows what they will do with it, if anything.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #72
Banned.

Bincount™: 24

I've never been to a live Tool show, so I'm hoping I can see what I missed out on.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #73
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I've never been either, but i've watched plenty of decent bootlegs and they've given me toolgasms, so I could only imagine the real thing. I couldn't even imagine the REAL thing....someday they'll be in Montana, you just wait.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #74
Banned.

me neither. hopefully it will all change by the end of this year.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:43 AM   #75
Banned.

Bincount™: 24

I just saw a bootleg, it was shitty quality, like it looked like it was shot with a cell phone kinda bad, but damn it looks like an awesome show.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #76
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
http://stashbox.org/575/tooldvd.txt

here it is. found the fucker.

best dvd art eva!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #77
Level 2 - Poster

i dont htink a live dvd would be that great. one of those bands whos live performance does not translate well to video, imo. i'd rather them tour more and release albums regularily than start putting out dvds. because we know that once a band puts one out, they never stop.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #78
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalnuisance.com View Post
I've never been to a live Tool show, so I'm hoping I can see what I missed out on.
I hear ya. I missed out their last Chicago show because of a lack of money, a class i couldnt ditch anymore, potentially horrible seats, and no one was going to be able to share the experience with me (okay, that last one is a minor reason... but a reason nontheless, i dont like going to shows alone :-/ ). I am hoping that if/when they come back in the round of tours next spring that they dont schedule the show on a week i have to be out on the road storm chasing.... If that happens.... i dont think i will be able to hold back the tears. And i will need some kind of Live DVD more than ever....

Oh please Tool, dont come to Chicago the first week of May 07... Please!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

i've seen tool 386,000 times. they were all great.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #80
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanichippie View Post
i dont htink a live dvd would be that great. one of those bands whos live performance does not translate well to video, imo. i'd rather them tour more and release albums regularily than start putting out dvds. because we know that once a band puts one out, they never stop.
I disagree, Tool does cool shit that would translate very well to DVD, especially this tour:

1. new versions of songs--Salival proved that Tool's "same old songs" are very listenable and enjoyable as the live versions.
2. far away visuals--just look at their reflective screen-on-the-floor visuals and of course the lasers, also those big light thingies hanging above the band
3. close up visuals--would be nice to get in close to see Maynard dancing, or closeups of A, D, or J doing their stuff.
4. Surround sound! We need more surround sounded Tool!

Personally, I find concert DVDs very interesting, but at that point, it's all up to personal preference.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: