Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
05-17-2010, 10:12 AM

^ Thats a good point.

Its not like the band hires some dude to come in and be a dictator. If anything I would assume that they want to bring someone in who will bend over backwards to accomodate their vision. For the record I don't necessarily hate the production of 10,000 Days- I just wonder what the album would have sounded like if they did it like Lateralus.

Also I remember first hearing Vicarious and thinking to myself...wow Maynard has lost it. He definitely had a powerful voice once but the fact that the band wouldnt bring his voice to the foreground more in a song as potentially heavy as Vicarious is telling. I think he has lost a step... which is perfectly understandable but kind of sad.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #761
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: New Album

^ Thats a good point.

Its not like the band hires some dude to come in and be a dictator. If anything I would assume that they want to bring someone in who will bend over backwards to accomodate their vision. For the record I don't necessarily hate the production of 10,000 Days- I just wonder what the album would have sounded like if they did it like Lateralus.

Also I remember first hearing Vicarious and thinking to myself...wow Maynard has lost it. He definitely had a powerful voice once but the fact that the band wouldnt bring his voice to the foreground more in a song as potentially heavy as Vicarious is telling. I think he has lost a step... which is perfectly understandable but kind of sad.
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM

I'm gonna come right out and say it. I've had no trouble hearing Maynard on anything he's ever done... ever.

Am I alone on this?

Specifically speaking with Tool, I realize and can tell he's lower in the mix that what is TYPICAL for most vocalists.... but Tool is not typical. Even still... I've never seen this as a problem. I think it only reinforces everything Tool is about. Experiencing the music, not just the lead singer. So when you can barely hear Maynard in that "Fight til they die! Over what? Polarizing!" part of Right in Two, I think it absolutely serves the force of the song and the overall composition to have Maynard deeeeep in the mix and then have Adam jump in on top of it all with that HARSH pick scrap at the end. It's intense! And I love it everytime I hear it.

There, I said it.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-17-2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: tyyyyyyyppppooooooooooooos lol <3
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #762
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

I'm gonna come right out and say it. I've had no trouble hearing Maynard on anything he's ever done... ever.

Am I alone on this?

Specifically speaking with Tool, I realize and can tell he's lower in the mix that what is TYPICAL for most vocalists.... but Tool is not typical. Even still... I've never seen this as a problem. I think it only reinforces everything Tool is about. Experiencing the music, not just the lead singer. So when you can barely hear Maynard in that "Fight til they die! Over what? Polarizing!" part of Right in Two, I think it absolutely serves the force of the song and the overall composition to have Maynard deeeeep in the mix and then have Adam jump in on top of it all with that HARSH pick scrap at the end. It's intense! And I love it everytime I hear it.

There, I said it.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-17-2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: tyyyyyyyppppooooooooooooos lol <3
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mr3rdeye420
05-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Ya I also feel 10k days really wasnt too bad for maynard.

I mean he's honestly still talented as fuck. He just sung in different ways in 10k days..

The pot.. kicks ass.
Vicarious.. kicks fucking ass (and was necessary... tv fucking sucks dude)
jambi.. holy fucking rapes live.. I mean lets be real this song live is just audio-gasm

intension/RI2.. Really great singing by maynard. He doesn't sing extremely loud throughout.. but I think thats good, for the way those songs were made. Nd dude Danny tears it up with those drum solos in each song... fuck

wings 1-2.. Never heard such a feeling of compassion in maynards voice, dude almost put me 2 tears with that song 1 night when I was uber-stoned
and the instrumentals kick ass 2 here dude..

Lipan conjuring (its good to know that tool have been tripping with indigenous tribes lately.. Woot for peyote)
lost keys-rosetta stoned - Haha, ya know, I kinda believe that maynard actually did get abducted by aliens :p. Not my fave on this album, but definitely good, and Hella hard to play for guitar , bass or drums. (nd damn does maynard speak fast)

so ya.. 10k days was ALMOST as good as lateralus.. And I regard lateralus as the best album, in existence probably...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #763
On Probation

Bincount™: 34

I mean he's honestly still talented as fuck. He just sung in different ways in 10k days..

The pot.. kicks ass.
jambi.. holy fucking rapes live.. I mean lets be real this song live is just audio-gasm

intension/RI2.. Really great singing by maynard. He doesn't sing extremely loud throughout.. but I think thats good, for the way those songs were made. Nd dude Danny tears it up with those drum solos in each song... fuck

wings 1-2.. Never heard such a feeling of compassion in maynards voice, dude almost put me 2 tears with that song 1 night when I was uber-stoned

Lipan conjuring (its good to know that tool have been tripping with indigenous tribes lately.. Woot for peyote)
lost keys-rosetta stoned - Haha, ya know, I kinda believe that maynard actually did get abducted by aliens :p. Not my fave on this album, but definitely good, and Hella hard to play for guitar , bass or drums. (nd damn does maynard speak fast)

so ya.. 10k days was ALMOST as good as lateralus.. And I regard lateralus as the best album, in existence probably...
05-17-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3rdeye420 View Post

The pot.. kicks ass.

I dont have trouble hearing MJK either I just think that 10,000 Days wasnt a strong album for him. He didnt sound that invested to me. This is a highly subjective, opinionated thing for me to say - but its just how I feel. Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days are songs which sound better to me without vocals.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #764
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

The pot.. kicks ass.

I dont have trouble hearing MJK either I just think that 10,000 Days wasnt a strong album for him. He didnt sound that invested to me. This is a highly subjective, opinionated thing for me to say - but its just how I feel. Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days are songs which sound better to me without vocals.
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days are songs which sound better to me without vocals.
Wow... thats so weird.

I mean I would love to hear ALL of Tool's catalog without vocals... just to experience it in that way. I think that'd be a blast. But those two songs right there, especially 10kdays.... the lyrics (perhaps more so than the vocals) just totally enhance the musical experience for me. Like.. I get giddy when Adam's solo on Rosetta Stoned gets to that last high note... hang's there for.... SO LONG (lol) while Maynard is low in the mix with this intense growl/scream that explodes into "Overwhelmed as one would be.." just as Adam come down off the high note.

I guess I've always felt that way. The pieces all just fit together so well, I'd hate to take any part away from it. But at the same time, I'd love to hear each one of them on their own, or in various combinations.

PS: I just realized I made two posts that described how I enjoy the way Maynard's vocals and Adam's guitar play together... not meaning to overlook Danny and Justin, i mean.. holy shit... talk about critical, as well.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-17-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #765
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days are songs which sound better to me without vocals.
Wow... thats so weird.

I mean I would love to hear ALL of Tool's catalog without vocals... just to experience it in that way. I think that'd be a blast. But those two songs right there, especially 10kdays.... the lyrics (perhaps more so than the vocals) just totally enhance the musical experience for me. Like.. I get giddy when Adam's solo on Rosetta Stoned gets to that last high note... hang's there for.... SO LONG (lol) while Maynard is low in the mix with this intense growl/scream that explodes into "Overwhelmed as one would be.." just as Adam come down off the high note.

I guess I've always felt that way. The pieces all just fit together so well, I'd hate to take any part away from it. But at the same time, I'd love to hear each one of them on their own, or in various combinations.

PS: I just realized I made two posts that described how I enjoy the way Maynard's vocals and Adam's guitar play together... not meaning to overlook Danny and Justin, i mean.. holy shit... talk about critical, as well.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-17-2010 at 10:52 AM..
CCP
05-18-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Turn up bass on 10,000 Days to +4.
I did it and it sounded a lot better... almost distorted all the rubbish.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #766
CCP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Turn up bass on 10,000 Days to +4.
I did it and it sounded a lot better... almost distorted all the rubbish.
CCP
05-18-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:

The pot.. kicks ass.

I don't think even you believed a word you just wrote lol, it's almost as though you're trying to convince yourself you like it.

But hey, you said the pot kicks ass, so you're obviously confused.

Last edited by CCP; 05-18-2010 at 01:03 AM..
Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #767
CCP

Quote:

The pot.. kicks ass.

I don't think even you believed a word you just wrote lol, it's almost as though you're trying to convince yourself you like it.

But hey, you said the pot kicks ass, so you're obviously confused.

Last edited by CCP; 05-18-2010 at 01:03 AM..
CCP
05-18-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Taste is subjective.

I do not agree with your dislike of 10,000 Days.

I think Lateralus is pretty dragging after all these years.
Unlike Ænima which still owns.

10,000 Days is Tool's masterpiece. In my, subjective, own opinion.
Well I never liked Lateralus as much as Aenima, which does still own. I was here in 2001 hassling Lateralus, but it only took about 6 months for me to like it and now i think it's a good album, 10,000 days has had 4 years to grow on me, and it only gets worse.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #768
CCP

Quote:
Taste is subjective.

Well I never liked Lateralus as much as Aenima, which does still own. I was here in 2001 hassling Lateralus, but it only took about 6 months for me to like it and now i think it's a good album, 10,000 days has had 4 years to grow on me, and it only gets worse.
CCP
05-18-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Well, crap happens. I had it the other way around with Lateralus.
I guess you're right about it being subjective. But I only love Lateralus because The Grudge is so damn awesome, if it wasn't track 1 I don't think i'd put that album on as often.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #769
CCP

Quote:
Well, crap happens. I had it the other way around with Lateralus.
I guess you're right about it being subjective. But I only love Lateralus because The Grudge is so damn awesome, if it wasn't track 1 I don't think i'd put that album on as often.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-18-2010, 04:15 AM

It is a pretty bitchin album opener, i'd even say, Tool's best. I love stinkfist, it's a close second. But shit.. The Grudge is like being pummeled in the face with awesomeness right off the bat.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 AM   #770
Level 10 - Vehement

It is a pretty bitchin album opener, i'd even say, Tool's best. I love stinkfist, it's a close second. But shit.. The Grudge is like being pummeled in the face with awesomeness right off the bat.
Tree of Mercury's Avatar Tree of Mercury
05-22-2010, 04:51 AM

I'm pretty sure Tool's next album is confirmed to be a 90's popular song cover album.

You know, back to the roots.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:51 AM   #771
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm pretty sure Tool's next album is confirmed to be a 90's popular song cover album.

05-22-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree of Mercury View Post

Close, but we all know the only way to follow up 10,000 Days is to do a cover of the album "Our Time in Eden" by 10,000 Maniacs

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-22-2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 05-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #772
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree of Mercury View Post

Close, but we all know the only way to follow up 10,000 Days is to do a cover of the album "Our Time in Eden" by 10,000 Maniacs

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-22-2010 at 05:25 AM..
OCDT's Avatar OCDT
05-22-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

Or perhaps a cover of '10,000 nights' by Alphabeat...
Old 05-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #773
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Or perhaps a cover of '10,000 nights' by Alphabeat...
05-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Hahahaha, oh my.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #774
Level 10 - Vehement

Hahahaha, oh my.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-24-2010, 09:45 AM

Or perhaps 10,000 Fists by Disturbed
Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #775
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Or perhaps 10,000 Fists by Disturbed
05-24-2010, 09:57 AM

10,000 Bottles of beer on the wall?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #776
Level 10 - Vehement

05-24-2010, 11:44 AM

The next album will likely be the long awaited ACOUSTIC ALBUM!! The album will come with a CD featuring a live recording of 9 songs from the 2010 Tool Acoustic Summer Tour!

TRACKLIST:
1. Maynards Dick
2. Mantra
3. Ions (-) (ft. Tricky)
4. Faaip De Oiad (Danny on Vocals!)
5. Sober
6. Eulogy (L.Ron Hubbard Mix)
7. Aenima
8. Vicarious

9. Track 9 is a secret track!

This is Tool like you have never heard them before. In the summer of 2010 the band put on a terrific acoustic show. Garbed in tuxedos each member really pushes the boundaries and defies expectations. Legendary drummer Danny Carey was the highlight of the show playing with bongos and a steel drum! With MJK taking the role of DJ and keyboardist on a number of songs, Adam playing a 12-string as well as a Viola! Dont forget about Justin Chancellor doing his thing on the stand-up bass.

Coming in September 2010
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #777
Level 8 - Vociferous

The next album will likely be the long awaited ACOUSTIC ALBUM!! The album will come with a CD featuring a live recording of 9 songs from the 2010 Tool Acoustic Summer Tour!

TRACKLIST:
1. Maynards Dick
2. Mantra
3. Ions (-) (ft. Tricky)
4. Faaip De Oiad (Danny on Vocals!)
5. Sober
6. Eulogy (L.Ron Hubbard Mix)
7. Aenima
8. Vicarious

9. Track 9 is a secret track!

This is Tool like you have never heard them before. In the summer of 2010 the band put on a terrific acoustic show. Garbed in tuxedos each member really pushes the boundaries and defies expectations. Legendary drummer Danny Carey was the highlight of the show playing with bongos and a steel drum! With MJK taking the role of DJ and keyboardist on a number of songs, Adam playing a 12-string as well as a Viola! Dont forget about Justin Chancellor doing his thing on the stand-up bass.

Coming in September 2010
05-24-2010, 08:38 PM

You forgot to mention the orchestra that will be playing behind them.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #778

You forgot to mention the orchestra that will be playing behind them.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-25-2010, 09:47 AM

As much as it was sarcasm, it'd be interesting
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #779
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

As much as it was sarcasm, it'd be interesting
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Nope, they'll be covering a Saga album.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #780
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Nope, they'll be covering a Saga album.
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Taste is subjective.

Agreed wholeheartedly, McRoggles!! Not sure if they can top 10K Days. And yes, I'm OGT, 1992, 19 shows beginiing in 1993, etc. blah blah.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #781

Quote:
Taste is subjective.

Agreed wholeheartedly, McRoggles!! Not sure if they can top 10K Days. And yes, I'm OGT, 1992, 19 shows beginiing in 1993, etc. blah blah.
05-28-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
lol yeah right. But then again, there are people who believe the bible is true, so i guess people can make themselves believe anything, so.... yeah lol
Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #782
CCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
lol yeah right. But then again, there are people who believe the bible is true, so i guess people can make themselves believe anything, so.... yeah lol
CCP
05-28-2010, 12:49 AM

Question: How bad is that thunder clap sound when the track 10,000 days is suppose to get emotional? lol ok i promise that's the last time I laugh about the album, in a public forum atleast. Let's just HOPE they have sorted their stuff out since then and will record something awesome again.

And yeah i'm almost OGT, but not really. Got into them when I was 13 and Aenima was being rumoured.

Last edited by CCP; 05-28-2010 at 12:56 AM..
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #783
CCP

Question: How bad is that thunder clap sound when the track 10,000 days is suppose to get emotional? lol ok i promise that's the last time I laugh about the album, in a public forum atleast. Let's just HOPE they have sorted their stuff out since then and will record something awesome again.

And yeah i'm almost OGT, but not really. Got into them when I was 13 and Aenima was being rumoured.

Last edited by CCP; 05-28-2010 at 12:56 AM..
CCP
05-28-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
You know: the thunderclap is very good if you have the settings right.
Yes and I tell my young (13 months) daughter her scribbles are great drawings, and ya know what, they are pretty cool, and I see all sorts of talent in them, probably because I have an emotional connection with the artist. Oh shit, I think i've just figured something out :)
Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #784
CCP

Quote:
You know: the thunderclap is very good if you have the settings right.
Yes and I tell my young (13 months) daughter her scribbles are great drawings, and ya know what, they are pretty cool, and I see all sorts of talent in them, probably because I have an emotional connection with the artist. Oh shit, I think i've just figured something out :)
CCP
05-28-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
You're being daft.
Possibly mcroggles ;) but not making such a daft point imo :)
Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #785
CCP

Quote:
You're being daft.
Possibly mcroggles ;) but not making such a daft point imo :)
CCP
05-28-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
A subjective one.
Remember: taste will and has always been subjective.
I'm aware of that :) which is why a democracy isn't such a great idea hehe, anyways... my subjective opinion ain't necessarily a bad one..
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #786
CCP

Quote:
A subjective one.
Remember: taste will and has always been subjective.
I'm aware of that :) which is why a democracy isn't such a great idea hehe, anyways... my subjective opinion ain't necessarily a bad one..
crincled
05-28-2010, 05:32 AM

i subjectively approve of rogg's subjective opinion.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #787
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

TOOL_Rules
05-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crincled View Post
And I second that, subjectively of course!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by crincled View Post
And I second that, subjectively of course!
05-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCP View Post

I agree.

The thunderclap represents what I dont like about that song. What makes it epic is the instrumentation IMO. This sounds really harsh but I dont think MJK should have written those lyrics for that song. I read somewhere that Adam really like the lyrics and thought they were appropriate but I still think MJK should have done something else. I think there should have been less lyrics/singing in the song in general.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #789
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I agree.

The thunderclap represents what I dont like about that song. What makes it epic is the instrumentation IMO. This sounds really harsh but I dont think MJK should have written those lyrics for that song. I read somewhere that Adam really like the lyrics and thought they were appropriate but I still think MJK should have done something else. I think there should have been less lyrics/singing in the song in general.
05-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
CCP is like a forum Frankenstein.... "PROBING BAD!!! 10,000 DAYS BAD!!!! SUBJECTIVITY BAD!!!!!!!!! MY OPINION!!! Gooooooooood!!"

Edit: I don't know where that joke came from btw... just popped into my head.

Double Edit: /high-five McRoggles

P.S. I like the rain and thunder sounds, even outside of loving storms, I think it serves a purpose in the song. It feels right.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-28-2010 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #790
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
CCP is like a forum Frankenstein.... "PROBING BAD!!! 10,000 DAYS BAD!!!! SUBJECTIVITY BAD!!!!!!!!! MY OPINION!!! Gooooooooood!!"

P.S. I like the rain and thunder sounds, even outside of loving storms, I think it serves a purpose in the song. It feels right.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-28-2010 at 07:17 PM..
CCP
05-30-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:

Wow, someone has multiple peronalities, atleast multiple somethin, certainly not multiple IQ points.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #791
CCP

Quote:

Wow, someone has multiple peronalities, atleast multiple somethin, certainly not multiple IQ points.
05-31-2010, 09:00 AM

ADHD actually, and for the record my IQ is 131.

Man what is it with overtly hostile and demeaning attitudes here?

CCP, I wasn't trying to be mean, it was just a light-hearted joke. Sorry if it offended you.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #792
Level 10 - Vehement

ADHD actually, and for the record my IQ is 131.

Man what is it with overtly hostile and demeaning attitudes here?

CCP, I wasn't trying to be mean, it was just a light-hearted joke. Sorry if it offended you.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
05-31-2010, 03:38 PM

i like it

this album you talk of
Old 05-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #793
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

i like it

this album you talk of
06-02-2010, 03:00 AM

So when is the Trolling rule going to be enforced in this forum?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #794
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

So when is the Trolling rule going to be enforced in this forum?
06-03-2010, 04:28 AM

What do you think about the concept/composition/flow of 10000 Days, when compared with, say, Lateralus?
I'd love 10.000 Days if:
- it would flow more logically. Look: Fuck TV - Should've loved my mother - I miss you mom - People are shit - Random stuff - Aliens - People are going nowhere - Random stuff. Either it's not amazing or I don't get it. Lateralus owns on this field, save Faaip de Oiad.
- Production. The way everything goes on together on all the layers, from the quietest whispers to cymbal hits. The dynamics, the way you can follow every band member troughout the song, if you only want to. It is so much easier on Lateralus than on 10KD, where the opening tracks, even though they're cool, have been recorded in such a "jammed" way, everything is stuffed, mixes and blurs with each other. The louder parts of WFM have been literally killed.

I hope the next album will go undamaged trough the mixing/mastering process. I also hope they can really blend the ideas to make something huge again.
And for Danny, you know, tablas, mandala pads, tropical rainforest samples, polyrhythms, i'm sure he will exceed any expectations as allways.

+1 to absolute The Grudge lovers.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #795

Bincount™: 35

What do you think about the concept/composition/flow of 10000 Days, when compared with, say, Lateralus?
I'd love 10.000 Days if:
- it would flow more logically. Look: Fuck TV - Should've loved my mother - I miss you mom - People are shit - Random stuff - Aliens - People are going nowhere - Random stuff. Either it's not amazing or I don't get it. Lateralus owns on this field, save Faaip de Oiad.
- Production. The way everything goes on together on all the layers, from the quietest whispers to cymbal hits. The dynamics, the way you can follow every band member troughout the song, if you only want to. It is so much easier on Lateralus than on 10KD, where the opening tracks, even though they're cool, have been recorded in such a "jammed" way, everything is stuffed, mixes and blurs with each other. The louder parts of WFM have been literally killed.

I hope the next album will go undamaged trough the mixing/mastering process. I also hope they can really blend the ideas to make something huge again.
And for Danny, you know, tablas, mandala pads, tropical rainforest samples, polyrhythms, i'm sure he will exceed any expectations as allways.

+1 to absolute The Grudge lovers.
TOD
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM

10,000 Days is an album you have to work for, it is the most Occult of all. I mean, people think it's a hoax...That's Crowley style for sure...

Is it something golden, or just lead? My opinion is that you have to really work for it because there is just too much absurdity. This makes sure that only the most diligent of Tool fans will unlock the riddle, and those who do are no longer here to tell the story.

My only problem....Crowley was really fat to be an ace mountain climber and master yogi...

Quote:
IQ tests do not measure an accurate reading of the entire intelligence of the person, only those that Western Culture value. One value is a High score on an IQ test and we see how that has worked out. Answer these questions in this amount of time and we'll "know" something! We are really good at building boxes that we can't get of imo...

Last edited by TOD; 06-03-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #796
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

10,000 Days is an album you have to work for, it is the most Occult of all. I mean, people think it's a hoax...That's Crowley style for sure...

Is it something golden, or just lead? My opinion is that you have to really work for it because there is just too much absurdity. This makes sure that only the most diligent of Tool fans will unlock the riddle, and those who do are no longer here to tell the story.

My only problem....Crowley was really fat to be an ace mountain climber and master yogi...

Quote:
IQ tests do not measure an accurate reading of the entire intelligence of the person, only those that Western Culture value. One value is a High score on an IQ test and we see how that has worked out. Answer these questions in this amount of time and we'll "know" something! We are really good at building boxes that we can't get of imo...

Last edited by TOD; 06-03-2010 at 12:56 PM..
CCP
06-04-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post

My only problem....Crowley was really fat to be an ace mountain climber and master yogi.....
I hope that was a joke

But ya never know around here..
Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #797
CCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post

My only problem....Crowley was really fat to be an ace mountain climber and master yogi.....
I hope that was a joke

TOD
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I hope that was a joke

It was multiple things that obviously went way over your head...

Quote:
That was his opinion, when the frick are you gonna accept that there are people who appreciate 10,000 Days. Who think it is awesome.

Michal's post, now, that was a joke.
Thanks for the back up McRoggles and lol@ the "real joke"...

Last edited by TOD; 06-04-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #798
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

Quote:
I hope that was a joke

It was multiple things that obviously went way over your head...

Quote:
That was his opinion, when the frick are you gonna accept that there are people who appreciate 10,000 Days. Who think it is awesome.

Michal's post, now, that was a joke.
Thanks for the back up McRoggles and lol@ the "real joke"...

Last edited by TOD; 06-04-2010 at 03:10 PM..
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
06-05-2010, 03:14 AM

i really like 10,000 days. that being said, it is my least favorite tool album. undertow ftw.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #799
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

i really like 10,000 days. that being said, it is my least favorite tool album. undertow ftw.
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein View Post
I hear that. The power and energy of Undertow is just ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #800
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein View Post
I hear that. The power and energy of Undertow is just ridiculous.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply