opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 02-05-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
How many copies of Lateralus have you bought?

I was reading Blairs latest update tonite and he mentioned hidden messages where when your first cd gets scratched you want to go buy another immediately, and thats true, i've bought 4 i know of. i wonder if we're being brainwashed into some fucked up cult, i feel like ive been brainwashed into the cult of fucking CORRECTNESS but, whatever man, im just curious as to if that holds up with everyone because he seemed confident when he said "thought so"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Erm.. ive brought one copy...
Does that make me less of a tool fan then people like you who have brought four??
Old 02-05-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by the reverend
Erm.. ive brought one copy...
Does that make me less of a tool fan then people like you who have brought four??
Yeah, didn't you know? The more copies you have of each album the bigger the fan u are of the band, and the more money u spend on tool merchadise etc you're more likely to go to heaven and get good karma .........(jk, for those who don't read between the lines)
Old 02-06-2003, 12:33 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

ive bought four cuz i have money and i like having a good copy of an album, just so happens, lateralus is an easily scratched CD, has nothing to do with how much of a fan i am, i just buy them again, because i dont like listening to a song and having it sound all shitty cuz it got scratched
Old 02-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I have 1. I will soon purchase my 2nd Aenima though, fucking scratches!! They didn't even look bad enough to warrant how fucked up the CD sounds now, and I even used a CD cleaner. First CD I've ever had this happen to.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20
take all the money you spend on replacment cds and buy a skip doctor, they work
Old 02-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

got 2, bought the one with the "lateralis" in it, lost the copy(damn it!!) and bought another a month ago, but no "lateralis" =(
Old 02-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 8
have one copy, the one with the misprinted "lateralis" for track 9. keep good care of all my Tool cd's, unlike most of my other ones...
Old 02-08-2003, 11:58 PM   #9
Drug Crazed Grindfreak

Bincount™: 5716
I have bought 2 copies of Lateralus, the original one got stolen.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:04 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
lateralis is the only tool album that i have only bought once, a few months after salival came out, all my cds were stolen from me.

i have never had to replace any cd because it was too scratched to play. i leave my cds in the cases or in a stereo. i dont set them down anywhere where they might get damaged.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:07 AM   #11
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176
two of em! one of em cracked down the middle ring...completely fucking up the grudge...I was pissed and my new one is kind of scratched....must buy new one.....must buy new one....
Old 02-09-2003, 07:12 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
I have that "lateralis" version of Lateralus, does that error make it more special? Anyway, I take really good care of my records so I only have to buy one copy of each...
Old 02-09-2003, 07:46 AM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 23
Uh... I bought one copy, because there's no point in buying another CD when I already have one to listen to.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:04 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
I used to keep all my CDs in their proper cases. They were in alphabetical order and even separated into musical genres. When they weren't in use, they would be safely tucked away behind a plastic sleeve with there cover showing through on the opposite side. Sometimes I would even choose which art from the CD I wanted available, for those browsing my collection. It was a site to behold.

Then, one average day, I woke up and some of my CD's were missing. After further investigation, I began to notice that some were completely scratched to hell. In a moment of shock, I realized that some were even planning a mutiny to leave me forever. They were doing this by their own will. How is that possible? After all I had done for them, after all the care and nurturing, how could they betray me?

From that day forward, I never put much effort into storing my CDs. I spent days wondering why I had spent so much time and energy on them in the first place. Now they are in various-sized stacks on top of each other. They aren't in cases or sleeves. They aren't in any specific order. You can find them spread out throught-out my apartment, in their various colonies. You might find Dave Mathews grabbing a quick lunch with Tool and Soundgarden. Or you may find Coldplay watching a movie with Alice in Chains.

To my surprise, and yours, they play just fine under these conditions. In fact, they play almost as well as they did when I treated them like kings and queens. I'm beginning to believe that CDs are more like people than we think. If you spoil them, they will betray you and themselves.

Note: Do NOT try and develop relationships with CD-R's. They are clone-like and serve only themsleves.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:05 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

...oh yeah. I still have my original copy of Lateralus.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:35 AM   #16
Banned

Bincount™: 128
scratches

all my tool cds got scratches but i dont buy a new one.. it snot about the cd... FUCKERS!!!.... its about the music... if the cd still gives good music... why buy asnother?... ok try to explain that... i think a real toolfan gives more aboutr the music then about a scratch on the cd... but thats my opinion... dont get me wrong...

PEACE!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:33 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
"all my tool cds got scratches but i dont buy a new one.. it snot about the cd... FUCKERS!!!.... its about the music... if the cd still gives good music... why buy asnother?... ok try to explain that... i think a real toolfan gives more aboutr the music then about a scratch on the cd... but thats my opinion... dont get me wrong...
"

I agree that if there is no scratch, then there's no reason to buy a new CD.

I have 1 copy of every Tool CD, I keep 'em free of scratches. No way in hell am I gonna scratch a Tool CD.

I only have about 9 CD's total in my collection, and of course 5 of them being Tools, one APC, and three of Alice in Chains.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:50 PM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3053
my bf bought me my first coppy. i lent it to a friend and she scratched it so bad it skips and i can't listen from refliction on. pissed me off. she denyed it to. so i bought a new on and i hung the first one from my celing, beside the barbie head:)
Old 02-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 111
Quote:
Originally posted by ObviousParadox
two of em! one of em cracked down the middle ring...completely fucking up the grudge...I was pissed and my new one is kind of scratched....must buy new one.....must buy new one....
the same thing happend to my AEnima. now stinkfist skips through the entire intro and its only getting worse, i have dreaded these days for a long time. i'll have to go buy a new one soon but i am a poor college kid with no job.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 111
Quote:
Originally posted by Zinnia
my bf bought me my first coppy. i lent it to a friend and she scratched it so bad it skips and i can't listen from refliction on. pissed me off. she denyed it to. so i bought a new on and i hung the first one from my celing, beside the barbie head:)
same thing happend to me with that also, but instead of it being a TOOL cd it was my aqua(remember barbie girl?) cd. the girl still denies it to this day. geez girls, whats the deal with them?
Old 02-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

...maybe its the dimples?
Old 02-09-2003, 06:53 PM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Handy
the same thing happend to my AEnima. now stinkfist skips through the entire intro and its only getting worse, i have dreaded these days for a long time. i'll have to go buy a new one soon but i am a poor college kid with no job.

same here kindof it was my first tool cd (aenima) so i listened the fuck outa it the only songs that work rite r Jimmy,Intermission,and a few othas i cant remember but the rest ar so fucked that i cant listen to em i think ill burn anotha copy off a frend (if he has it)

i just got lateralus today i felt bad kuz i had every song of morpheus except a cupple so i got it to be a good supporta of tool and help them out(also kuz i like the cover and stuff and it completes my collection of legally owned too cds :)! )
Old 02-10-2003, 02:45 AM   #23
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 62
I have 666 copies of it so I'm the biggest Tool fan!

Really, one is enough and it's still without scratches so don't need another one. And an advice: don't loan your precious cd's to anyone, you'll get it back scratched. I have many scratched cd's not been destroyed by me.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #24
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
i got just one, but i need to buy another one. i think maybe i listen to it so much its been getting scratched. there's like 4 tracks on there that skip a little bit. besides, it never hurts to support your favorite band.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:10 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

...or for those of you with a cd burner (they're pretty cheap now anyways)you could burn a couple of copies and store the original in a safe place, preferably buried 20 ft. underground in a concrete and steel encased bunker. CD burners are running pretty cheap at Best Buy/Wal-Mart for about $50 to $100.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:39 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3053
geez girls, whats the deal with them? [/B][/QUOTE]

for the second time, i am a girl.
and if i ever damaged someones possestion, i would replace it to the best of my ability.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by aeonblue
I have that "lateralis" version of Lateralus, does that error make it more special? Anyway, I take really good care of my records so I only have to buy one copy of each...
(Finnish)Kas, joku muukin Suomesta!(/Finnish)

Two million copies with the "Lateralis"-typo have been made, so.. Not really.. :)
Old 07-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #28
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5127
Re: How many copies of Lateralus have you bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
I have bought 2 copies of Lateralus, the original one got stolen.
lol Mope.

"JESUS CHRIST, this suit is hot!" -- Maynard
Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #29
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Since I tend to be extremely disorganized and since people have stolen my cds in the past; I just burn my cds from my bf's collection.

After buying downward spiral three times I just said, "fuck it, I can't own actual cds anymore".

I had to have burned lateralus 9 times now.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
Since I tend to be extremely disorganized and since people have stolen my cds in the past; I just burn my cds from my bf's collection.

After buying downward spiral three times I just said, "fuck it, I can't own actual cds anymore".

Yeah, that seems to be the way to go. I always forget you're a chick, pardon me, I know that's stupid.

I think whenever CDs start looking like a thing of the past, I'll be collecting the shit out of them, with no intention of playing them. I really wish I had a 'Lateralis' copy of Lateralus. I have the picture disc Lateralus vinyl, and it's staying in a safe place. Might not be worth a whole lot now, but I know in the future it will be. It doesn't matter though, I'll never have a desire to sell it. I'll live on the street with my Lateralus vinyl when I'm older if I have to.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #31
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

GLADLY ONE COPY!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

I will only buy one copy of an album... if it gets scratched I download the album and burn a new one. If it gets lost/stolen/broken I buy another (I like to atlest have a copy of the real thing). I feel that as long as I buy the real album atleast once I am not ripping anybody off.... I have payed for the rights to listen to it, so why should I have to buy another if it gets scratched?

Last edited by InsideTheOutside20; 07-05-2007 at 01:35 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #33
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the way to go. I always forget you're a chick, pardon me, I know that's stupid.

I think whenever CDs start looking like a thing of the past, I'll be collecting the shit out of them, with no intention of playing them. I really wish I had a 'Lateralis' copy of Lateralus. I have the picture disc Lateralus vinyl, and it's staying in a safe place. Might not be worth a whole lot now, but I know in the future it will be. It doesn't matter though, I'll never have a desire to sell it. I'll live on the street with my Lateralus vinyl when I'm older if I have to.
I get that a lot. I really don't mind. I probably seem like a guy to others on here because my whole life I had been hanging out with pretty much only males, by choice.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

I've purchased 2, but I need a 3rd.
12/11/07 San Francisco, CA

I have seen Sober, Flood, Stinkfist, H., Forty-six & 2, Ænema, The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalypse, The Patient, Schism, Parabola, Lateralus, Disposition, Reflection, Triad, Vicarious, Jambi, Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two, and Holiday In Cambodia performed live.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I bought it for the first time about 3 weeks after it came out, due to hearing Schism on the radio. Than had that up until last weekend, when I was fed up with only being able to listen to the first half of the CD due to the scratches on he back.

5/15/2006 - Fox Theater. Detroit, MI
7/5/2007 - Van Andel Arena. Grand Rapids, MI
Old 07-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #36
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

I have three copies, but this is because I have OCD and feel compelled to keep a second (unopened and stashed away) of my favorite items, not just Tool CDs. The third copy was given to me by some guy I hated. I lost that one I think.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #37
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

fuck i need to rebuy it :(
Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #38
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Just one copy, but a lot of songs skip...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

one.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #40
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

I am going to buy you a nice electronic CD organizer from Sharper Image for Christmas...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: