opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Tool Aenima promo picture vinyl

....greetingz........

Can anyone from this forum tell me how many records are made from the Tool Aenima promo picture record (Matrix Tool001)?
i read something about 50 - 100 copies!

best regards Tom
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Tool Aenima promo picture vinyl

there were 2000 pressed and released as a promotion through the distributors or something along those lines. i've been looking for one myself, all i can say is i've seen them go from 600-1200 dollars before on ebay, i don't know how you'd find one otherwise.

edit: i just noticed i don't know which picture disc you're talking about, if it's the album primer (it has about half of the album on it, they released one for lateralus as well.), then the original post should answer your question.

i'm a collector so if you ever need to know anything else in the vinyl department, feel free to pm me.

Last edited by chaotic_confusion; 12-04-2007 at 03:43 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_confusion View Post
there were 2000 pressed and released as a promotion through the distributors or something along those lines. i've been looking for one myself, all i can say is i've seen them go from 600-1200 dollars before on ebay, i don't know how you'd find one otherwise.

edit: i just noticed i don't know which picture disc you're talking about, if it's the album primer (it has about half of the album on it, they released one for lateralus as well.), then the original post should answer your question.

i'm a collector so if you ever need to know anything else in the vinyl department, feel free to pm me.

Hi
i mean the picture Lp with the angel.....

Last edited by slayer-bootlegs; 12-04-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Hi again
i don't know how i get a picture on this side from the record i mean but i have one on my homepage.

best regards Tom

Last edited by slayer-bootlegs; 12-04-2007 at 11:39 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

i hope this link works........i have this record already in my collection but i want to know how many records are made from this.How i say, some people say 50 -100 copies but i would be nice to know the exactly number.....

[img=http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/5885/aenima1tv0.th.jpg]

Last edited by slayer-bootlegs; 12-05-2007 at 05:00 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #6

yeah, that's the album primer. 1,000 were made, (according to the site listed below, i read somewhere else that it was 2,000, but this is a trusted website.) for more information on it you can check out http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/ in the vinyl lp's section it's listed as Ænima promo/picture disc.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
yeah, that's the album primer. 1,000 were made, (according to the site listed below, i read somewhere else that it was 2,000, but this is a trusted website.) for more information on it you can check out http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/ in the vinyl lp's section it's listed as Ænima promo/picture disc.

Hi

1000 were made from this? - i can't believe it........if were 1000 or 2000 pressed and give to the public why this record goes for over 1000$ on Ebay?
if you visit www.popsike.com and search for Tool Aenima you can read that some seller's write that this record is limited to 50 - 100 copies............
Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer-bootlegs View Post
Hi

1000 were made from this? - i can't believe it........if were 1000 or 2000 pressed and give to the public why this record goes for over 1000$ on Ebay?
if you visit www.popsike.com and search for Tool Aenima you can read that some seller's write that this record is limited to 50 - 100 copies............
there are millions of people in there world, 1000-2000 for about 1,000 bucks is pretty common, especially because of collectors value, a good few were signed by the band and given to close friends. i've seen the tool demo tape, which had at least double the amount above made, i'm sure, go for 1,500 before. it's the chaos of supply and demand, but it was a promotional release only.

and that site that i linked you to is legit, they have information on almost everything ever released by tool, and members there of, before, and during. it's a trader's network for tool memorabillia, such as the Ænima picture disc. there isn't much that you can't find on that site.

Last edited by chaotic_confusion; 12-06-2007 at 08:08 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: