opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 09-27-2003, 01:19 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 38
Photography

I finally got a scanner, and scanned my latest roll of film. I just take pictures of spontanious things, but I like the few that you might take the time to view.

http://www.neuroleptic.net/linkedStuff

That should work, and for those of you blessed with the dial-up like myself, the page will most likely take some time to load.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Hmmmz, personally I like the nature type of photographs better, but these seem nice.

I like the 2nd and the last one though, don't ask why... I just like 'em.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:39 AM   #3
Banned.

I'm big on sponteneity. I'm not sure why, but i really like to not really know how a photo will turn out. Like, the picture of the girl was taken wednesday, I had my camera, and the class was reading or something, and I saw her just zoning out, i took a picture, she got pissed, but the final result was very nice, i think. I also really like the picture of my dog, i'm not sure why, maybe just some sort of sentimental connection, and i like the candle picture too. the other two are just kinda nice.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:25 AM   #4
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Yeah, this stuff is really something you need to like, if you know what I mean.

But...

I still think it's good.

The picture of your dog is nice too and I think that girl was allready pissed before you took the picture, or is that the face she always uses?
Old 09-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44
hey mikey! he likes it!!
Old 09-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 4
Re: Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteran
I'm big on sponteneity. I'm not sure why, but i really like to not really know how a photo will turn out. Like, the picture of the girl was taken wednesday, I had my camera, and the class was reading or something, and I saw her just zoning out, i took a picture, she got pissed, but the final result was very nice, i think. I also really like the picture of my dog, i'm not sure why, maybe just some sort of sentimental connection, and i like the candle picture too. the other two are just kinda nice.
the picture of the girl is good, because you captured something. It really wasnt an amazing thing, but the point is you got something truely spontaneous. thats cool.

and i love spiders and their webs, so thanks for that
Old 09-27-2003, 11:59 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Excellent Work!
I really like it!

With the first photo, of the dog, even though the dog seems the point of focus of the picture, the eyesight is diverted, as the dog seems oblivious and ininterested, showing that there really is not much interest there at all. There is nothing else particularly of interest in the picture either, as the tend to seem to lack definition, leaving the viewer to feel that they dont know where they should be looking. However the photo does have an overall amiable feel to it becuase of the rich colour contained in it, lending the lack of interest it seems to show otherwise. -Maybe I just dont like dogs.

The second photo is very well done. I particularly like the light that shines right on the point where it should, in the upper right, curving toward the center, lending focal importance to that area, as it should, giving the photo great composition, despite the lack of substance in that region. The close zoom and medium angle really well share with us your inquisitiveness in seemingly simple things, seeing detail where it may normally be taken for granted. i.e. the seemingy perfect formation of the fallen wax. The grey colour really suits the photo well, emphasising shadow, gradation and light as opposed to colour, which I presume is a good thing, -seeing that the candle was prolly a crap colour.

I love this photo. There is a real sence of familiarity in it, even though I have never been in a place that looks like that at all.
The mirror focus is very cool, warping perspectives, producing multiples. The lighting and colour is highlly pleasing to look apon, and interesting how it differs in the "real" part of the picture, that isnt reflected; aside of course from where is gradates into that colour, which makes for an interesting look. The distortion of the poerline into the shape of the mirror is very interesting, as is the idea of looking up, down, forward, backward, around, in reflex all at the same time. -Mirrors are cool.

This picture is excellent! I love how she is the deffinate focus, by everything else being so faded or fuzzy. The look on her face is so deffinate and genuine. She seems to be thinking ahead and back at the same time, feeling sorry for herself, anxious about a decision she must make and wishes she doesnt have to. She is completely alone in that room of people, fidgetting, to show how uncomfortable she is with her thoughts, aswell as her oblivion to what's around her, and in her hands. The look on her face is a look she becomes aware is highly visible, showing a weakness or something she may be ashamed of. The news that she indeed got pissed off after the taking of this picture could lend cedibility to that theory. Also the prettiness of her face looks to be one that might not be so worried about being photographed other than the transparency it shamefully flaunted. -That chick is hot.

This spider web forms an excellent picture! The black background is teh first thing that makes this picture so good. The web is highlighted to make it the focus. The picture is messy, as the web seems old and dusty, yet the picture flaunts its near perfection through its articulately and deliberatey defined form and structure, although it is naturally occurring, being that it was arranged by human hands. The composition is also great, as it excellently follows a very particularly and amiably flowing general arrangement line. -I dont like spiders.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #8
Banned.

Thank all of you, namely Busdriver Jow. I'm not really learned when it comes to photo composition, and the like, and you really helped me understand my photos a lot better. You gave me a more technical respect for my photos, to partner my personal likeness for them.

For the picture of my dog, it might be an interesting fact to say that she is blind, and around half deaf. I was impressed how i was able to capture her using the surroundings as a guide. She must have heard me taking a picture of the spider web that you also saw, and was coming to investigate to the best of her ability.

The candle is actually green, which is my favorite part of the spectrum. This was actually from a black and white roll of film, so this photo is the only one that wasn't part this particular roll of film.

You really breathed life into my mirror photo, i'd never noticed that the mirror seemed to be reflecting a different world, or different time of day, or setting.

And, yeah, I just love the picture of Vi (her name). She was quite upset about it, she forced me to hand over the hard copy, but luckily she's unknowledgable about my digital copy, which i'll let her know of at some point. But after looking at it a little bit, she's acutally started to like it, and now has is on the front of her english binder. So, i'm glad she's been able to find a liking to it. And, yeah, she's also really hot.

And the spider web was on the handle of an old wheelbarrow that hasn't been used in a long time. The sun was right in front of the web, so, i'm thinking that it was actually slightly overexposed, giving it the dusty appearance. The black background was a canoe that is above it on some supports, and the canoe's shadow provided the nice background.

I wish i had more photo's to show, but i'm quite a beginner, I got this camera in May this year, and being my first camera i've gone through the learning process, and am just starting to love what i can do with a fully manual SLR.

Last edited by Matteran; 09-28-2003 at 01:35 AM..
Old 09-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #9
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
You captured the spider web with severe talnet.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

That is some very good work. I as well enjoy the art of photagraphy. I have some scaned, but no where to host them yet.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:28 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSummerSea
You captured the spider web with severe talnet.
can you tell me what exactly is talnet?

is that some sort of reference to the web?

and i got the candle picture set as my wallpaper right now :P
excellent work

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: