opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362
Interest in making drawings for short stories?

Hope this is in the right place.

I am a writer of just a few short stories. The most well known story I wrote was one called "Holy Scrotum" and as you may have assumed it involved a priest and a young boy. I posted that story in April and am currently working on the sequel. In addition to that I am also working on two more stories at this time. One entitled "The Golden Ticket" That one is about a man who wants to kill himself, but not without first getting his mothers permission.

The second it tentatively titled "The Last Chance"

While I can't say much about these projects at the present time, I am looking for someone who would be willing to make drawings as almost the chapter separators in addition to the front cover.

Normally I just post my stories on myspace and I will with the previously mentioned stories as well. But I'd also like to maybe print them out and give them to friends and family looking as though they were books. And I also hope to one day get some published.

The problem is I will not be able to pay anyone for the time or the rights to the artwork. All I can promise is to keep you updated on anything that happens with the stories and also spread your name to everyone who is looking for an artist.

To repeat I am an under 20 writer who has a day job and can't afford to pay anyone for there time.

All I can hope is that someone that has a passion for art and the gift they were given reads this and would like to come aboard.

As far as the work, like I said before I'd need a lot of drawings but you'd be given deadlines of at least a few months (I work slow) And the content you draw would be chosen by yourself. For example I'd give you a chapter of a story and you'd read it, draw your own conclusions and make a piece out of what you see. Also I'm not big into switching my partners so I would like to use anyone who replies multiple times as opposed to once.

Feel free to message me back here or in a private message.

Thanks Dustin-
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Re: Interest in making drawings for short stories?

Sorry, I mean If anyone were interested I'd like to keep them on board with all my stories and not have get someone new everytime I write a story.

I apologize for the confusion.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
Formerly Tool Aenema11

BUMP
-DXH
Old 09-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Formerly Tool Aenema11

It's the lack of money ain't it?
-DXH
Old 09-18-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

Can I give you a word of advice? Even though you are young and your work is not recognised you should protect yourself from copyright theft. It is easy - just photocopy all your work and send it to yourself via registered mail. Then leave it unopened. You have the originals. If someone steals your ideas you can prove that your work pre-dates theirs. For the sake of a stamp it is good insurance.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Seems interesting
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I'll take it!! message me with some material and I'll produce the first peice ASAP!!!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: