opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate
User Name
Password
Old 11-21-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
opiate on vinyl

Well, I was always trying to find opiate on vinyl, then one day, walked into the poser hot topic store (sorry, they are trying to sell a style, no differnt the the "preps", bah, the joy of social status by cloths in school.) And there, in this little section between the listening booths, was a rew racks of vinyl (that I knew about before), and low and behold, a vinyl copy of opiate.

But was I was wondering is, that on the first track of the B side, it should be cold and ugly, but nope, it is gaping lotus experiance (friend takes lsd, pisses on a lighter). I was wondering, was this normal for the vinyl copy, or what?

As for the rest of the album, its a great start for one of the best band ever.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: opiate on vinyl

Well, I played it for the 3rd time, and it was cold and ugly. Ither I am tripping out, or there are two seporate groves on it. or something. Does anyone else know of this? I am rather lost at the moment with it. Or it could be the fact that I was making out with a girl when it was playing and was not really paying much attention to it. Oh well.
I would like to get this figured out so I dont go crazy over it. Does anyone else know? Is this common knowlage, and I am just ignorent to the fact?
Does anyone even read the opiate section?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

See the FAQ for the answer to your question. I'll give you a hint: you're not tripping out.

I'll give you a REALLY BIG HINT: You're not special, either.

I'll now actually save you the bother of reading the FAQ: Yes, there are two grooves.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

And just in case you were wondering, Monty Python were the first people to use this clever technique, back on their "Matching Tie and Handkerchief" album.

It's really the only way to hide a track on an LP. Aside from putting something in the run-out groove or whatever. Pretty damn slick, if you ask me...

I burned a combined copy of my Undertow and Opiate CDs by mixing all the tracks together (Disgustipated at the end of course), and hiding GLE before the first track! You actually have to press "rewind" to hear it! Nifty, huh?
Old 01-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

There is 2 grooves! it scared me too! hahahahaha I was really tripping... and the girl probably contributed to your not noticing!
Old 02-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I use Hot Topic as a means for TOOL merchandise only. I've picked up the vinyls of Undertow and Opiate...which they had MANY copies of. I noticed a copy of Mer De Noms (Perfect Circle), but I was unfortunately out of funds for the extra album at the time.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 14

wahoo! i have that also \m/ if it plays Gaping Lotus Experience pick up the needle and put it back down and BAM you got Cold and Ugly
Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 4

That happend to me too, i thought my record had dust in it becuase it would go from cold and ugly to the gaping lotus experience and after i cleaned it a million times i realised i was an idiot.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #9
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
Originally Posted by botley
I burned a combined copy of my Undertow and Opiate CDs by mixing all the tracks together (Disgustipated at the end of course), and hiding GLE before the first track! You actually have to press "rewind" to hear it! Nifty, huh?
How do you do that? What software do you use, etc.?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Does anyone know where I can pick up this for new? Other than Ebay. I live naer Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thanks ^^

Last edited by Insanekat; 09-19-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

wow, this is a really old thread revived. why not make your own...?

if you can't find it in any stores, i doubt there is a secret store with a secret stock. just order online (and not ebay).
Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
wow, this is a really old thread revived. why not make your own...?

if you can't find it in any stores, i doubt there is a secret store with a secret stock. just order online (and not ebay).
they have it here at hot topic in jersey undertow as well

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: