Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosette feasted
I wish so much that tolll12 is right, but I'm 99% sure that he isn't :(
yup. me too on both counts.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73
Re: Fake: a more concise look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosette feasted
I wish so much that tolll12 is right, but I'm 99% sure that he isn't :(
yup. me too on both counts.
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
I don't agree on all accounts.
We know, you want to deepthroat 10,000 days. Stop telling everyone. Atleast the OP had something original to say, unlike you.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
I don't agree on all accounts.
We know, you want to deepthroat 10,000 days. Stop telling everyone. Atleast the OP had something original to say, unlike you.
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangefist
except that's just your own stupid opinion. It's not a fact that the new album sounds like a poor version of Tool, and it in no way proves either than Adam is a moron or that the leak is fake.
lol. Now you're going to argue the similiarites to other albums. Its apparent in so many songs that you cant argue it.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #43
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangefist
except that's just your own stupid opinion. It's not a fact that the new album sounds like a poor version of Tool, and it in no way proves either than Adam is a moron or that the leak is fake.
lol. Now you're going to argue the similiarites to other albums. Its apparent in so many songs that you cant argue it.
OFFLINE |  
Dr. Strangefist
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM

You're right, there is no subjectivity to this. You must be god. Either that or you are incapable of understanding what an "opinion" is.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

You're right, there is no subjectivity to this. You must be god. Either that or you are incapable of understanding what an "opinion" is.
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM

Sigh, just like the rest of the 06-ers
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #45
Banned.

OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM

I agree. It's a diversion.

From becoming too caught up in all this stuff, I have come to the following possibilities.

1. What was leaked is what we get. FINAL.
2. What was leaked is what we get on May 2. Then a few weeks later we get the real deal. Possible 2 discs.
3. 10,000 Days is released. But the track names as well as music is different.
4. We get the songs, but they are more polished and more Tool.

After listening to the leak, I have come to the realization that these all (with the exception of Vicarious), lack what separates Tool from other bands. Danny’s drums are almost non existent. They lack the dynamics he is known for. Justin just sounds like he is goofing off. Still cool though. Adam has taken a way different approach, which sometimes is too different, even for him. Maynards lyrics are “meh”. Wings is about the only one that has substance. The Rosetta Stoned lyrics are hilarious. The Pot is just a bunch of clichés.

Another thing that bothers me is the obvious use of their past songs. Most of the songs are just a mishmash of various riffs. The flow is off as well. They seem very straight forward. There is a complete lack of hooks, harmonies, and melodies except for Vicarious. Also, the saying “Work hard, stay in school. Listen to your mother, your father was right”, in Intension, is a goof. Then with the saying of “Timmay!”, in Right and Two, is funny. The whole album just feels like a big, “Gotcha”. There are probably many more “Easter Eggs” in this album.

Tool fans are die hard. If Tool shit on a stick and told us it was a popsicle, many of us would eat it right up. They know that too. There are parts of these songs that are freaking cool, fresh and new. However, even on Michael Jordan’s worst day he still had moments of greatness. What I’m saying is this is half ass effort on these songs, on purpose!

What bothers me the most about this is the Wings series. It written poetically, a true testament, of Maynard’s Talent. Why would a goof album have a song dedicated to his mother? Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof? I tried looking up some obituaries in Ohio. The only thing I could find was Judith Marie Garrison. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_80004002=judith&_80004003=garrison&gsco=2 %2CUnited+States&gspl=38%2COhio&_82000004=&_810002 A3=&_810002A2=&_810002A1=&rg_83004031-int=&rs_83004031-int=0&_81004013=&_81004012=&_81004011=&_81004033=& _81004032=&_81004032=&_80100002=&_80100003=&_F0002 717=&gskw=&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=webobitgroup &gss=mp-webobitgroup&gst=&rank=1&so=3
One of the others said that she died because of complications of an aneurism. I know obituaries aren’t going to say if she was paralyzed, but actual evidence of the length would be helpful. I know Maynard says “Broken down and paralyzed” in Judith, but was she really paralyzed for “around 10,000 days”?

Another thing that bothers me is that my brother works for Best Buy. He said that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days coming to them. It gives the same UPC number that is going around. It also states that the CD count is ONE. However it states that the packaging itself is one half of an inch thick. A regular CD is a little over one quarter of an inch thick. This could be because of the Digipak though.

The audio leak gets me as well. Usually when CD’s leak there are many sources. Meaning multiple hacker/insider groups rip the same CD. It only seems that there is one source with this leak. An awful one at that. Who the hell rips music to mp4’s?

I am so worked up about this now. Sometimes I just wish I would have never got caught in this mind fuck.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree. It's a diversion.

From becoming too caught up in all this stuff, I have come to the following possibilities.

1. What was leaked is what we get. FINAL.
2. What was leaked is what we get on May 2. Then a few weeks later we get the real deal. Possible 2 discs.
3. 10,000 Days is released. But the track names as well as music is different.
4. We get the songs, but they are more polished and more Tool.

After listening to the leak, I have come to the realization that these all (with the exception of Vicarious), lack what separates Tool from other bands. Danny’s drums are almost non existent. They lack the dynamics he is known for. Justin just sounds like he is goofing off. Still cool though. Adam has taken a way different approach, which sometimes is too different, even for him. Maynards lyrics are “meh”. Wings is about the only one that has substance. The Rosetta Stoned lyrics are hilarious. The Pot is just a bunch of clichés.

Another thing that bothers me is the obvious use of their past songs. Most of the songs are just a mishmash of various riffs. The flow is off as well. They seem very straight forward. There is a complete lack of hooks, harmonies, and melodies except for Vicarious. Also, the saying “Work hard, stay in school. Listen to your mother, your father was right”, in Intension, is a goof. Then with the saying of “Timmay!”, in Right and Two, is funny. The whole album just feels like a big, “Gotcha”. There are probably many more “Easter Eggs” in this album.

Tool fans are die hard. If Tool shit on a stick and told us it was a popsicle, many of us would eat it right up. They know that too. There are parts of these songs that are freaking cool, fresh and new. However, even on Michael Jordan’s worst day he still had moments of greatness. What I’m saying is this is half ass effort on these songs, on purpose!

What bothers me the most about this is the Wings series. It written poetically, a true testament, of Maynard’s Talent. Why would a goof album have a song dedicated to his mother? Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof? I tried looking up some obituaries in Ohio. The only thing I could find was Judith Marie Garrison. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_80004002=judith&_80004003=garrison&gsco=2 %2CUnited+States&gspl=38%2COhio&_82000004=&_810002 A3=&_810002A2=&_810002A1=&rg_83004031-int=&rs_83004031-int=0&_81004013=&_81004012=&_81004011=&_81004033=& _81004032=&_81004032=&_80100002=&_80100003=&_F0002 717=&gskw=&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=webobitgroup &gss=mp-webobitgroup&gst=&rank=1&so=3
One of the others said that she died because of complications of an aneurism. I know obituaries aren’t going to say if she was paralyzed, but actual evidence of the length would be helpful. I know Maynard says “Broken down and paralyzed” in Judith, but was she really paralyzed for “around 10,000 days”?

Another thing that bothers me is that my brother works for Best Buy. He said that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days coming to them. It gives the same UPC number that is going around. It also states that the CD count is ONE. However it states that the packaging itself is one half of an inch thick. A regular CD is a little over one quarter of an inch thick. This could be because of the Digipak though.

The audio leak gets me as well. Usually when CD’s leak there are many sources. Meaning multiple hacker/insider groups rip the same CD. It only seems that there is one source with this leak. An awful one at that. Who the hell rips music to mp4’s?

I am so worked up about this now. Sometimes I just wish I would have never got caught in this mind fuck.
04-21-2006, 02:37 PM

Not that my opinion matters much... but a friend of mine, that listens to Tool all the time, said the following: "This sounds like a bunch of old tool songs? doenst soiund real almost". Never did he say it sucked or it was garbage or anything like that. He just thought something was off when he heard it. He doesnt visit tool forums everyday like we do and come up with crazy conspiracies. I really dont think thisi is the album and if it is then I guess you get what you get.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Not that my opinion matters much... but a friend of mine, that listens to Tool all the time, said the following: "This sounds like a bunch of old tool songs? doenst soiund real almost". Never did he say it sucked or it was garbage or anything like that. He just thought something was off when he heard it. He doesnt visit tool forums everyday like we do and come up with crazy conspiracies. I really dont think thisi is the album and if it is then I guess you get what you get.
OFFLINE |  
placidium's Avatar placidium
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM

1. blair mentions that this idea was discarded.
2. see: the mars volta.
3. i hear the drums.
4. the pot is too intense and too good to be from Undertow/Opiate days, and that is definitely justin's bass playing.
6. tool always have a lot of material left over.
5. the lyrics on Right in Two, Wings for Marie, Vicarious, and Jambi are easily Maynard's best.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #48
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

1. blair mentions that this idea was discarded.
2. see: the mars volta.
3. i hear the drums.
4. the pot is too intense and too good to be from Undertow/Opiate days, and that is definitely justin's bass playing.
6. tool always have a lot of material left over.
5. the lyrics on Right in Two, Wings for Marie, Vicarious, and Jambi are easily Maynard's best.
OFFLINE |  
Dr. Strangefist
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
So then I guess "the 06-ers" must refer to the rest of the sane, rational, level-headed people who understand that art is subjective and don't try to rationalize their disapointment with crazy, parnoid conspiracy theories? Man, I'm really disapointed about being lumped in with that group

hahaha "the 06-ers"
Old 04-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
So then I guess "the 06-ers" must refer to the rest of the sane, rational, level-headed people who understand that art is subjective and don't try to rationalize their disapointment with crazy, parnoid conspiracy theories? Man, I'm really disapointed about being lumped in with that group

hahaha "the 06-ers"
OFFLINE |  
Jayar's Avatar Jayar
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM

1. Let's just fucking wait till May.
2. Uh...
Old 04-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #50
Suicide Booth ID: 15

Bincount™: 2221

1. Let's just fucking wait till May.
2. Uh...
OFFLINE |  
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM

The sound and production and overall style of Vicarious carried so much promise for the rest of what the album seemed like it would have been until the leak. That potential is not realized.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

The sound and production and overall style of Vicarious carried so much promise for the rest of what the album seemed like it would have been until the leak. That potential is not realized.
OFFLINE |  
SomethingSpecial
04-21-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
the only thing i have to say about this is regarding the christian quality of the lyrics, and it seems like no one here knows how to read or can think for themselves.

it is pretty obvious he is speaking for his mother in the song, not about himself as far as christian beliefs. i mean christ "what have i done to be son to an angel", "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"...he still says it's not his thing. and the whole "fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father" bit is right AFTER he says "you are the only one who can stand at the gates and say..."

i mean seriously, i didn't think for a second he became or implied any conversion to christianity, he is just saying his mother deserves whatever she believed in for what she had to go through, and that he's burning in hell with the rest but heopful his mother will get what she wanted.

i mean seriously, all talk about decoys and crap aside, there's no excuse to take leave of your senses.
I agree with this observation completly.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
the only thing i have to say about this is regarding the christian quality of the lyrics, and it seems like no one here knows how to read or can think for themselves.

it is pretty obvious he is speaking for his mother in the song, not about himself as far as christian beliefs. i mean christ "what have i done to be son to an angel", "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"...he still says it's not his thing. and the whole "fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father" bit is right AFTER he says "you are the only one who can stand at the gates and say..."

i mean seriously, i didn't think for a second he became or implied any conversion to christianity, he is just saying his mother deserves whatever she believed in for what she had to go through, and that he's burning in hell with the rest but heopful his mother will get what she wanted.

i mean seriously, all talk about decoys and crap aside, there's no excuse to take leave of your senses.
I agree with this observation completly.
04-21-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicenza
absolutely. on most albums you normally don't wonder when and in what year each song was probably written. With pretty much every track here, the production values jump so violently from one place to the next that you could very reasonably argue either way, and that's unusual for a "new" album.

well, an older track can easily be remastered to sound sharp, like it was recorded recently. heck, that's the whole point of remastering. and, even if it was recorded recently, those sound like old Maynard vocals, which could have been easily added while putting this album together.
Man, there are a lot of people completely talking out their backsides like they know what they're talking about.

1.) The production values don't "jump violently from one place to the next" on this album. They're completely consistent, especially the guitars. I don't know where you're getting this from.

2.) The point of remastering is not to make a record sound like it was recorded recently, as that would require a total remix, and it still would not be "easily" done because older material is recorded with older gear and sounds a certain way. You can't just magically EQ something in 1996 and make it sound like it was recorded in 2006. Dave Mustaine's remixed Megadeth albums don't sound like 2004 recordings.

Albums are recorded with specific microphones, in a specific room, capturing specific room noise, on specific pre-amps, through specific compressors, etc. There are thousands of variables committed to tape that you can't just change on a whim, even with Pro Tools. A remaster evens out volume levels between tracks and brings in a little global compression and sometimes even some light EQ to make an album sound louder or fuller and give it a consistent sound.

You guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment on May 2nd. You're not accepting that this is the new album, which is preventing you from sitting down, listening to it, and enjoying it.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
absolutely. on most albums you normally don't wonder when and in what year each song was probably written. With pretty much every track here, the production values jump so violently from one place to the next that you could very reasonably argue either way, and that's unusual for a "new" album.

well, an older track can easily be remastered to sound sharp, like it was recorded recently. heck, that's the whole point of remastering. and, even if it was recorded recently, those sound like old Maynard vocals, which could have been easily added while putting this album together.
Man, there are a lot of people completely talking out their backsides like they know what they're talking about.

1.) The production values don't "jump violently from one place to the next" on this album. They're completely consistent, especially the guitars. I don't know where you're getting this from.

2.) The point of remastering is not to make a record sound like it was recorded recently, as that would require a total remix, and it still would not be "easily" done because older material is recorded with older gear and sounds a certain way. You can't just magically EQ something in 1996 and make it sound like it was recorded in 2006. Dave Mustaine's remixed Megadeth albums don't sound like 2004 recordings.

Albums are recorded with specific microphones, in a specific room, capturing specific room noise, on specific pre-amps, through specific compressors, etc. There are thousands of variables committed to tape that you can't just change on a whim, even with Pro Tools. A remaster evens out volume levels between tracks and brings in a little global compression and sometimes even some light EQ to make an album sound louder or fuller and give it a consistent sound.

You guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment on May 2nd. You're not accepting that this is the new album, which is preventing you from sitting down, listening to it, and enjoying it.
OFFLINE |  
bonch
04-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodaboy
Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof?
Maynard's aMOTION commentary.

Quote:
1.) One original source for an album leak is not unusual.
2.) Who rips to MP4s? Some worker who obviously grabbed the CD from the warehouse and ripped it in iTunes. This isn't the first time I've seen someone so damn confused that the leak wasn't in MP3 format, and I don't understand why that's such an important point toward the theory of a decoy album.

Quote:
You and me both.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodaboy
Does any one know for sure that she was paralyzed for about 27 years? How did this rumor start? Where is the proof?

Quote:
2.) Who rips to MP4s? Some worker who obviously grabbed the CD from the warehouse and ripped it in iTunes. This isn't the first time I've seen someone so damn confused that the leak wasn't in MP3 format, and I don't understand why that's such an important point toward the theory of a decoy album.

Quote:
You and me both.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-21-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch

You and me both.
If some employee, grabbed the CD and ripped it wouldn't he have scanned the album art in? Everything about this leak smells fishy.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch

You and me both.
If some employee, grabbed the CD and ripped it wouldn't he have scanned the album art in? Everything about this leak smells fishy.
04-21-2006, 11:44 PM

If this is a decoy I bet the members of tool are pretty happy. EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE is talking about THIS set of songs. Hell, what if someone FOUND the real 10,000 days songs. Hows he going to get people to download his "other 10,000 days songs"?

I still think this set of songs will be released on may 2nd. However, I think Tool has NEW materials, not b sides, that they will release later.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #56
Banned.

If this is a decoy I bet the members of tool are pretty happy. EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE is talking about THIS set of songs. Hell, what if someone FOUND the real 10,000 days songs. Hows he going to get people to download his "other 10,000 days songs"?

I still think this set of songs will be released on may 2nd. However, I think Tool has NEW materials, not b sides, that they will release later.
OFFLINE |  
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
04-21-2006, 11:57 PM

This thread has cred.

....then God is not dead.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #57
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

This thread has cred.

....then God is not dead.
OFFLINE |  
art
04-22-2006, 12:14 AM

Maynard was 27 when he joined tool, too. This has got to be the most entertaining conspiracy spawned in years. Its so much god damn fun reading all this shit. It's almost as beautiful as the leak itself. As far as i can tell from listenening to the leak, all the songs sound fuking awesome, the production might be raw, but its not shit. Its a sound charachteristic of these recordings. This is the most complex we've ever heard tool imo. And they've really tapped into that harmonic/ambient tool sound which i really dig ie patient intro, merkaba intro, opiate intro, pushit breakdown. If this isn't the real album, it certainly makes the past three albums a lot more full. Personally i think 10,000 days as we have it is ace. Crisp, tech, fun.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:14 AM   #58
art
Level 4 - Thinker

Maynard was 27 when he joined tool, too. This has got to be the most entertaining conspiracy spawned in years. Its so much god damn fun reading all this shit. It's almost as beautiful as the leak itself. As far as i can tell from listenening to the leak, all the songs sound fuking awesome, the production might be raw, but its not shit. Its a sound charachteristic of these recordings. This is the most complex we've ever heard tool imo. And they've really tapped into that harmonic/ambient tool sound which i really dig ie patient intro, merkaba intro, opiate intro, pushit breakdown. If this isn't the real album, it certainly makes the past three albums a lot more full. Personally i think 10,000 days as we have it is ace. Crisp, tech, fun.
OFFLINE |  
macfreak's Avatar macfreak
04-22-2006, 12:26 AM

Lol...this is the album and it is amazing
Old 04-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Lol...this is the album and it is amazing
OFFLINE |  
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-22-2006, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Flanger
Yes, The newsletters were always really serious and all...
that would suggest that blair would have been lying.

i don't know about you but it seems evident blair has been truthful with everything he has posted leading up to the album...

something to think about
Old 04-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #60

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Flanger
Yes, The newsletters were always really serious and all...
that would suggest that blair would have been lying.

i don't know about you but it seems evident blair has been truthful with everything he has posted leading up to the album...

something to think about
04-22-2006, 12:41 AM

I don't think the album is "amazing" sounds like b-sides to me - worth listening to, but I like the other stuff better.

In other news - unless I am mistaken they have changed www.toolband.com. Some new graphic minus the music (until you click listen).
Old 04-22-2006, 12:41 AM   #61

Bincount™: 5

I don't think the album is "amazing" sounds like b-sides to me - worth listening to, but I like the other stuff better.

In other news - unless I am mistaken they have changed www.toolband.com. Some new graphic minus the music (until you click listen).
OFFLINE |  
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 03:52 AM

Quote:

without question! I thought this conspiracy stuff was a load of crap yesterday morning but i remember when i first heard vicarious i was struck by how awesome the production is. danny's drum hits are crystal clear. Then you listen to the Pot(which style wise sounds like its 10 years old) and it sounds like an old recording hammered smooth with modern plugins. Its absurdly muddy. Vicarious is much louder than the other tracks, much fuller. Besides for maynards voice style wise sounding like its way old, listen to danny's drumming! A straight on the beat hat hit? Comeon...
1. Production is all over the place on the decoy. It makes no sense that we would get a leak that has one mastered song amazing production that also happens to be the single on the radio and the wrest unmastered to account for why the production on vicarious is so much better.
2. meshuggah influence? where on the leak is the meshuggah influence? Danny has said this is the most complex music he has ever made. where is it?
3. the leak doesnt flow togather very well. it sounds like a bunch of bsides thrown togather.
4. Watch the mandala video clips on the site, especially where you can do melodic hits depending on where you strike the head. Where the hell do you hear anything like that on the leak?

Listen to the end of vicarious, thats where these monsters are at chops wise. These songs on the leak are fantastic but the musicianship and especially the production does not sound like it was done in the past year on anything but vicarious.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:52 AM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

without question! I thought this conspiracy stuff was a load of crap yesterday morning but i remember when i first heard vicarious i was struck by how awesome the production is. danny's drum hits are crystal clear. Then you listen to the Pot(which style wise sounds like its 10 years old) and it sounds like an old recording hammered smooth with modern plugins. Its absurdly muddy. Vicarious is much louder than the other tracks, much fuller. Besides for maynards voice style wise sounding like its way old, listen to danny's drumming! A straight on the beat hat hit? Comeon...
1. Production is all over the place on the decoy. It makes no sense that we would get a leak that has one mastered song amazing production that also happens to be the single on the radio and the wrest unmastered to account for why the production on vicarious is so much better.
2. meshuggah influence? where on the leak is the meshuggah influence? Danny has said this is the most complex music he has ever made. where is it?
3. the leak doesnt flow togather very well. it sounds like a bunch of bsides thrown togather.
4. Watch the mandala video clips on the site, especially where you can do melodic hits depending on where you strike the head. Where the hell do you hear anything like that on the leak?

Listen to the end of vicarious, thats where these monsters are at chops wise. These songs on the leak are fantastic but the musicianship and especially the production does not sound like it was done in the past year on anything but vicarious.
OFFLINE |  
Topher
04-22-2006, 11:36 AM

The 'alarm' that the original poster speaks of, is definately not new. Danny has been using it since at least 2002, perhaps even before. I have a bootleg DVD of the St. Paul, MN show from the Lateralus tour (2002) and the 'alarm' which you refer to is played several times just before they start Schism.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

The 'alarm' that the original poster speaks of, is definately not new. Danny has been using it since at least 2002, perhaps even before. I have a bootleg DVD of the St. Paul, MN show from the Lateralus tour (2002) and the 'alarm' which you refer to is played several times just before they start Schism.
OFFLINE |  
ObviousParadox's Avatar ObviousParadox
04-22-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
2. see: TOOL.
fixed.

they always play songs that they're working on during tours. look at opiate to undertow. undertow to aenima. aenima to lateralus.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #64
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
2. see: TOOL.
fixed.

they always play songs that they're working on during tours. look at opiate to undertow. undertow to aenima. aenima to lateralus.
04-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I'd have to disagree here. The style of the song is very similar to their earlier work, and MAY have been written long ago, but this The Pot was certainly recorded recently. The quality of the track makes that clear. Listen to the tracks from Undertow, or even Aenima, and how they were recorded - The Pot is much more crisper quality, and sounds to me like it was recorded very recently.

your line about maynard soundling like madonna made me loller
I agree with you, also look at the playing. They just weren't that talented on undertow. I don't think Adam did many polyrythms on undertow like on the pot
Old 04-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I'd have to disagree here. The style of the song is very similar to their earlier work, and MAY have been written long ago, but this The Pot was certainly recorded recently. The quality of the track makes that clear. Listen to the tracks from Undertow, or even Aenima, and how they were recorded - The Pot is much more crisper quality, and sounds to me like it was recorded very recently.

your line about maynard soundling like madonna made me loller
I agree with you, also look at the playing. They just weren't that talented on undertow. I don't think Adam did many polyrythms on undertow like on the pot

they said a lot of stuff recently that will make them mega retards if this is the real album
Old 04-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #66
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

they said a lot of stuff recently that will make them mega retards if this is the real album
OFFLINE |  
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson

IT'S A LIE.

Think about it. The album leaks due to "advance copies being sent out".

My ass.

We would have pictures of every single page of the liner notes, the back of the case, the disc itself, all taken by different people. But we don't. We have about five pictures of the supposed stereoscope packaging. No disc, no additional pages of liner notes, just the digipak opened up. If they lied about advance copies, what gives these leaked songs any credibility towards the new album?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

IT'S A LIE.

My ass.

We would have pictures of every single page of the liner notes, the back of the case, the disc itself, all taken by different people. But we don't. We have about five pictures of the supposed stereoscope packaging. No disc, no additional pages of liner notes, just the digipak opened up. If they lied about advance copies, what gives these leaked songs any credibility towards the new album?
OFFLINE |  
kholla
04-22-2006, 12:27 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else but..... One of radio stations in Denver has been playing at least 6 of the leaked tracks off 10,000 days. They are saying the "stole" the album just for us. I am not sure how this can be legal. It's a clear channel station, so it's not just some small station that has nothing to lose. Makes me think something else might be going on, but who knows. Any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #68
Level 1 - Lurker

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else but..... One of radio stations in Denver has been playing at least 6 of the leaked tracks off 10,000 days. They are saying the "stole" the album just for us. I am not sure how this can be legal. It's a clear channel station, so it's not just some small station that has nothing to lose. Makes me think something else might be going on, but who knows. Any thoughts?
OFFLINE |  
philipjfry
04-22-2006, 12:40 PM

has anyone tried taking one word from each song apart from 10000 days and leaving out vicarious you get
jam b for 10000 days the conjuring lost stoned intension in 3
dunno it means anything you can change it about a bit and get different results
Old 04-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 1

has anyone tried taking one word from each song apart from 10000 days and leaving out vicarious you get
OFFLINE |  
Dr. Strangefist
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson
IT'S A LIE.

My ass.

Promo copies rarely come in the full packaging. My dad gets them all the time from this guy at a local record show, they usually come in slip cases from the label. Sometimes they are even CD-R. Another weak argument based on uninformed speculation.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #70
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson
IT'S A LIE.

My ass.

Promo copies rarely come in the full packaging. My dad gets them all the time from this guy at a local record show, they usually come in slip cases from the label. Sometimes they are even CD-R. Another weak argument based on uninformed speculation.
OFFLINE |  
Dr. Strangefist
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipjfry
what would it mean? where did you even get the idea for doing that, or think that it would have meaning? Why are you leaving out Vicarious? What made you choose the words that you did? Why use the entire title of 10,000 days and not, for example, just the number or the word days? Here's why: it's all completely arbitrary. We can't just pull shit out of nowhere and look for meaning, there has to be some sort of logic or reasoning behind it. As usual, speculation about anything regarding Tool is wild and out of control.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #71
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipjfry
what would it mean? where did you even get the idea for doing that, or think that it would have meaning? Why are you leaving out Vicarious? What made you choose the words that you did? Why use the entire title of 10,000 days and not, for example, just the number or the word days? Here's why: it's all completely arbitrary. We can't just pull shit out of nowhere and look for meaning, there has to be some sort of logic or reasoning behind it. As usual, speculation about anything regarding Tool is wild and out of control.
OFFLINE |  
Parabolee
04-22-2006, 02:00 PM

Oh my god!!!

You guys are messing with my head!!

I honestly think that the leak is as good as Lateralus after about 7 listenings. And when I first started to read this thread I though the fake version believers were crazy.

But now I'm starting to think that you may be right.

And I certainly hope you are because that would mean we get 2 Tool albums!

But I am afraid that you are probably wrong, and if that is the case it will be VERY sad that many people thought that the new album was "a collection of B-sides". And that many of us listened to it thinking some better version was coming out soon.

But I truelly hope that this version is just one amazingly good fake and we get an even better album on the 2nd! That would be mind blowing. And probably the best stunt ever pulled on music fans!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #72
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Oh my god!!!

You guys are messing with my head!!

I honestly think that the leak is as good as Lateralus after about 7 listenings. And when I first started to read this thread I though the fake version believers were crazy.

But now I'm starting to think that you may be right.

And I certainly hope you are because that would mean we get 2 Tool albums!

But I am afraid that you are probably wrong, and if that is the case it will be VERY sad that many people thought that the new album was "a collection of B-sides". And that many of us listened to it thinking some better version was coming out soon.

But I truelly hope that this version is just one amazingly good fake and we get an even better album on the 2nd! That would be mind blowing. And probably the best stunt ever pulled on music fans!
OFFLINE |  
Carpeljet
04-22-2006, 04:12 PM

hah, before i found a link to the whole downloaded album i tried to download rosetta stoned from a file sharing program and when it finished downloading i listened to the first minute or so and thought "dangit another fake" then i download the whole album and there's the same song again hah...good times
Old 04-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #73
Level 1 - Lurker

hah, before i found a link to the whole downloaded album i tried to download rosetta stoned from a file sharing program and when it finished downloading i listened to the first minute or so and thought "dangit another fake" then i download the whole album and there's the same song again hah...good times
OFFLINE |  
Hey It's Aaron
04-22-2006, 04:34 PM

For all the people that say on "The Pot" Paul is playing because it sounds like his old Bass knos nothing of basses.. Paul and Justin both used or use Music Man Basses that sound ver similar. But its Justin 's tone.. The Bass has his style written all over it.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #74
Level 1 - Lurker

For all the people that say on "The Pot" Paul is playing because it sounds like his old Bass knos nothing of basses.. Paul and Justin both used or use Music Man Basses that sound ver similar. But its Justin 's tone.. The Bass has his style written all over it.
OFFLINE |  
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
04-22-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
... BAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
Old 04-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
... BAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
OFFLINE |  
ghost_horse
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
1. In the September 2005 newsletter Blair wrote: "Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design." Read it for yourself http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php

If you don't understand Blair's dark since of humor by now you probably never will. Listen to what he says. There is no way Tool spent a year making an album that would fool a few people for a couple of weeks. Common since and Logic has not blessed you.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #76
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
1. In the September 2005 newsletter Blair wrote: "Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design." Read it for yourself http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php

If you don't understand Blair's dark since of humor by now you probably never will. Listen to what he says. There is no way Tool spent a year making an album that would fool a few people for a couple of weeks. Common since and Logic has not blessed you.
OFFLINE |  
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM

You are really smart. Especially to recognize something you heard on a live album from four years ago. That was impressive. I look forward to hearing the new album.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #77
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

You are really smart. Especially to recognize something you heard on a live album from four years ago. That was impressive. I look forward to hearing the new album.
OFFLINE |  
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
04-22-2006, 09:34 PM

Ive got a question: What would be the point in releasing a fake album with poorer quality songs just before the realease of a real album? It would mean that people who have already downloaded it would be less likely to go out and buy the real version because a)they are cunts; and b)they think it sucks. If the leaked version did prove to be a fake, by the time it is known to the general public the real album would be available to download anyway
Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #78

Bincount™: 4

Ive got a question: What would be the point in releasing a fake album with poorer quality songs just before the realease of a real album? It would mean that people who have already downloaded it would be less likely to go out and buy the real version because a)they are cunts; and b)they think it sucks. If the leaked version did prove to be a fake, by the time it is known to the general public the real album would be available to download anyway
OFFLINE |  
Samadhi Junky
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM

Q: Why would the track titles be released months in advance?

A: 'Cause it's a total Red Herring.

Even still, I teared up while listening to the title track, driving in a thunderstorm.

Enlightenment on May 2nd...
Old 04-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #79

Q: Why would the track titles be released months in advance?

A: 'Cause it's a total Red Herring.

Even still, I teared up while listening to the title track, driving in a thunderstorm.

Enlightenment on May 2nd...
OFFLINE |  
egrue
04-22-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeng
quoted for truth.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #80

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeng
quoted for truth.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply