Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
zet
04-29-2006, 01:25 AM

Yesterday I bought 3 pieces of 10.000 days here in Holland. (1 for myself, 2 for friends that need some music education.)

Its exactly the same as the leaked material, the artwork is nice, but not amazing (3D pictures of the band, very well done.)

Sound quality a lot better than the first (mp4) leak; somewhat better than the RNS leak (which was 192kbs MP3 if i remember correctly, I deleted them yesterday and feel that my purchase of 3 cd's makes up for the DL.)

So, here my confession: I was a strong believer in the Hoax / Decoy theory, for the following reasons:
-I was not as blown away with 10.000 days as I was with Lateralus. That took my breath away.
-The silence of Blair and Kabir.
-The un-Tool like build-up of the music, and obvious throwbacks to earlier work.
-I thought I saw hidden messages in the "fake" artwork.

I conclude that I hoped for Tool to pulling us a fast one. I wanted them to be different and saying a big "fuck you" to the crowds and fanbase.

So I was wrong. I feel disapointment. I listened all night to the CD, it is growin on me a bit, but I still don't need weather-sounds in my tool music.

Maybe its me, maybe Aenema and Lateralus where too good. I don't know.

I'm going to see them in Luxembourg end of May. I still hope we will get some more new Tool music in the next weeks, but I reckon the chance is reall low.

Cheers for now,

Z
Old 04-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
zet
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Confession of a hoax-believer

Yesterday I bought 3 pieces of 10.000 days here in Holland. (1 for myself, 2 for friends that need some music education.)

Its exactly the same as the leaked material, the artwork is nice, but not amazing (3D pictures of the band, very well done.)

Sound quality a lot better than the first (mp4) leak; somewhat better than the RNS leak (which was 192kbs MP3 if i remember correctly, I deleted them yesterday and feel that my purchase of 3 cd's makes up for the DL.)

So, here my confession: I was a strong believer in the Hoax / Decoy theory, for the following reasons:
-I was not as blown away with 10.000 days as I was with Lateralus. That took my breath away.
-The silence of Blair and Kabir.
-The un-Tool like build-up of the music, and obvious throwbacks to earlier work.
-I thought I saw hidden messages in the "fake" artwork.

I conclude that I hoped for Tool to pulling us a fast one. I wanted them to be different and saying a big "fuck you" to the crowds and fanbase.

So I was wrong. I feel disapointment. I listened all night to the CD, it is growin on me a bit, but I still don't need weather-sounds in my tool music.

Maybe its me, maybe Aenema and Lateralus where too good. I don't know.

I'm going to see them in Luxembourg end of May. I still hope we will get some more new Tool music in the next weeks, but I reckon the chance is reall low.

Cheers for now,

Z
OFFLINE |  
nevermore
04-29-2006, 10:03 AM

Alas...
Old 04-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Confession of a hoax-believer

Alas...
OFFLINE |  
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-29-2006, 10:26 AM

well, we have all "watched the weather change". We knew it was coming. I was once on the same page as you.. But I feel compelled to listen further, for the music is indeed beautiful. Not Lateralus. Not Aenima, nor undertow. But beautiful.

Spiral Out.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

well, we have all "watched the weather change". We knew it was coming. I was once on the same page as you.. But I feel compelled to listen further, for the music is indeed beautiful. Not Lateralus. Not Aenima, nor undertow. But beautiful.

Spiral Out.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
OFFLINE |  
HalfASandwidch
04-29-2006, 01:58 PM

Best prank pulled by Tool evar! They made us think there was one. Looks like they took one from the page of satan...
Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

Best prank pulled by Tool evar! They made us think there was one. Looks like they took one from the page of satan...
OFFLINE |  
zet
04-29-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck

Spiral Out.
It is beautifull indeed. Not what I expected, but maybe what I needed, to paraprase Kabir ;-).

I did another 2 very extensive listening sessions today (running 20km's with a high-quality RIP in my mp3 player) and indeed, it is growing on me faster than I thought possible a few days ago. Especially 10.000 days, right in two, wings for mary, Jambi (I just becam a father myself so I understand the emotion a litthe better than I would have, say, 2 years ago).

We'll see what happens next weeks. Looking forward to the show in Luxembourg, thats for sure,

cheers for now,
Z
Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
zet
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck

Spiral Out.
It is beautifull indeed. Not what I expected, but maybe what I needed, to paraprase Kabir ;-).

I did another 2 very extensive listening sessions today (running 20km's with a high-quality RIP in my mp3 player) and indeed, it is growing on me faster than I thought possible a few days ago. Especially 10.000 days, right in two, wings for mary, Jambi (I just becam a father myself so I understand the emotion a litthe better than I would have, say, 2 years ago).

We'll see what happens next weeks. Looking forward to the show in Luxembourg, thats for sure,

cheers for now,
Z
OFFLINE |  
Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM

*Sigh* I wish there was an explanation though to all of the diarrhea of the mouth from blair over the past year with the "hints" and crap that has caused 50% of the tool fans to go ape-shit. I WANT AN EXPLANATION! :) What was up with all the subtle clues??
Old 04-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

*Sigh* I wish there was an explanation though to all of the diarrhea of the mouth from blair over the past year with the "hints" and crap that has caused 50% of the tool fans to go ape-shit. I WANT AN EXPLANATION! :) What was up with all the subtle clues??
OFFLINE |  
~piscean]-[delusions
04-29-2006, 03:23 PM

either way I am satisfied with the release, I think it further completes everything TOOL has done thus far.

the more I hear it, the more I appreciate it. it takes awhile to absorb it for what it is.

there's a lot of intricate melodies and time signature stuff going on that I've been noticing the more I listen, at first the music may seem simple and not so innovative to some, but I find it to be quite evolved in many ways.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

either way I am satisfied with the release, I think it further completes everything TOOL has done thus far.

the more I hear it, the more I appreciate it. it takes awhile to absorb it for what it is.

there's a lot of intricate melodies and time signature stuff going on that I've been noticing the more I listen, at first the music may seem simple and not so innovative to some, but I find it to be quite evolved in many ways.
OFFLINE |  
BDT's Avatar BDT
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM

Am I the only one who decided to not listen to the downloads?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
BDT
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

OFFLINE |  
the great collapse's Avatar the great collapse
04-29-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
i still haven't, there are many more
Old 04-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
i still haven't, there are many more
OFFLINE |  
BDT's Avatar BDT
04-29-2006, 03:41 PM

Good for you. I will Be patient until Tuesday.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #10
BDT
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Good for you. I will Be patient until Tuesday.
OFFLINE |  
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-29-2006, 03:57 PM

I'm the same as you guys. three more days to go. jesus
Old 04-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm the same as you guys. three more days to go. jesus
BDT's Avatar BDT
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM

I know I might cream my pants just holding it.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #12
BDT
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I know I might cream my pants just holding it.
OFFLINE |  
seppukujack
04-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Tool is the only reason I will wake up before 8o'clock in the morning just so I can get the album before my first class.

If that's not a compliment I dont know what is
Old 04-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Tool is the only reason I will wake up before 8o'clock in the morning just so I can get the album before my first class.

If that's not a compliment I dont know what is
OFFLINE |  
lachrymoIogy's Avatar lachrymoIogy
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zet
I listened all night to the CD, it is growin on me a bit, but I still don't need weather-sounds in my tool music.
What about ions?
Old 04-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by zet
I listened all night to the CD, it is growin on me a bit, but I still don't need weather-sounds in my tool music.
What about ions?
04-29-2006, 08:54 PM

the album is on SALE now for those who are waiting and do not want to rip off the tracks leaked on the net. Rumors say WalMart started selling it so all other outlets raced to compete. I just bought a legit copy. It was my first time to listen, but it was worth the wait even if it is a FAKE
Old 04-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

the album is on SALE now for those who are waiting and do not want to rip off the tracks leaked on the net. Rumors say WalMart started selling it so all other outlets raced to compete. I just bought a legit copy. It was my first time to listen, but it was worth the wait even if it is a FAKE
OFFLINE |  
zet
04-30-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
What about ions?
ions sounded more like an electrical storm upcoming to me. but indeed, a thin line between wings for mary and ions in terms of weather sounds.

its a great song (wings for mary) and very personal. I like the composition and his expression of his love to his mom vs his contempt for her fellow Xtians and their dogmatic beliefs. Its very mature, full of self critisism. We need more of that, but, if I had a choice, with less weather sounds ;-)

cheers,

z
Old 04-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #16
zet
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
What about ions?
ions sounded more like an electrical storm upcoming to me. but indeed, a thin line between wings for mary and ions in terms of weather sounds.

its a great song (wings for mary) and very personal. I like the composition and his expression of his love to his mom vs his contempt for her fellow Xtians and their dogmatic beliefs. Its very mature, full of self critisism. We need more of that, but, if I had a choice, with less weather sounds ;-)

cheers,

z
OFFLINE |  
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 01:04 AM

Any thoughts about the band being part of the artwork?
If you ask me, it's just so... '93
Old 04-30-2006, 01:04 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Any thoughts about the band being part of the artwork?
If you ask me, it's just so... '93
OFFLINE |  
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM

well done hoax believer!

Last edited by MacFoley; 04-30-2006 at 01:39 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

well done hoax believer!

Last edited by MacFoley; 04-30-2006 at 01:39 AM..
OFFLINE |  
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
04-30-2006, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfASandwidch

no. people like you brought it to yourself. you made yourself believe that this was a decoy album.

some otheres knew the leak was the real deal.

dont blame tool for everything buddy!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:38 AM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfASandwidch

no. people like you brought it to yourself. you made yourself believe that this was a decoy album.

some otheres knew the leak was the real deal.

dont blame tool for everything buddy!
OFFLINE |  
themayanlion
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Mind
the obvious explanation is that there wasn't any.

especially if he's the joker you guys make him out to be.

it is ok if you convinced yourself otherwise. well not really, but you see what i mean
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Mind
the obvious explanation is that there wasn't any.

especially if he's the joker you guys make him out to be.

it is ok if you convinced yourself otherwise. well not really, but you see what i mean
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply