Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
0ctopod's Avatar 0ctopod
09-04-2007, 07:01 AM

For anyone who feels the segues are mere practical jokes:

http://www.inkescape.blogspot.com
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: What the hidden message is really saying

09-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ctopod View Post

Dude, that's some of the best writings I've seen in a long time. Not that it is all necessarily all correct or false but, it's very well thought out and written and raises an eyebrow to many subleties I myself have overlooked in the past. You should write many more.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ctopod View Post

Dude, that's some of the best writings I've seen in a long time. Not that it is all necessarily all correct or false but, it's very well thought out and written and raises an eyebrow to many subleties I myself have overlooked in the past. You should write many more.
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM

I agree with the Ascisco theory. Yesterday I synced it up with 10,000 Days and I was a little surprised (and why not, freaked out), that Ascisco came immediately after "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, your way home ...". So, immediately after Maynard says she's on her way home, you can hear a voice from above claiming "Ascisco". "I ascend, to my home".
Old 12-01-2007, 02:38 AM   #83
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I agree with the Ascisco theory. Yesterday I synced it up with 10,000 Days and I was a little surprised (and why not, freaked out), that Ascisco came immediately after "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, your way home ...". So, immediately after Maynard says she's on her way home, you can hear a voice from above claiming "Ascisco". "I ascend, to my home".
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Dez 46&2's Avatar Dez 46&2
01-21-2008, 09:18 AM

its all confusing
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #84
Level 4 - Thinker

its all confusing
rand()%0
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondo View Post
The Message is clear.

"Ascisco"

It is Latin, as the title suggests it would be. It is the soudn of God calling to the people below him, "I accept my people!"

Imagine that, finally, after 10,000 years in the fire, God finally gives his final edict, the swirling winds, the torrents of earth, and the final rapture.

"Ascisco! I accept my people! You're going home!"

That is the message.
Um, sounds to me just like "This is good" (And God saw that it was good) which is also fairly close to the above
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #85
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondo View Post
The Message is clear.

"Ascisco"

It is Latin, as the title suggests it would be. It is the soudn of God calling to the people below him, "I accept my people!"

Imagine that, finally, after 10,000 years in the fire, God finally gives his final edict, the swirling winds, the torrents of earth, and the final rapture.

"Ascisco! I accept my people! You're going home!"

That is the message.
Um, sounds to me just like "This is good" (And God saw that it was good) which is also fairly close to the above
ManicMuppets
02-13-2008, 02:57 AM

Maybe it's the words "Acids good" with the space between words cut out, there is a cut in the words if you listen. I dont think it matters what it really is, the fact that these interpretations exist and add way more meaning to the tracks then was ever put into them is awesome. Makes me wish i had a fanbase devoted to creative interpretations.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #86
Level 2 - Poster

Maybe it's the words "Acids good" with the space between words cut out, there is a cut in the words if you listen. I dont think it matters what it really is, the fact that these interpretations exist and add way more meaning to the tracks then was ever put into them is awesome. Makes me wish i had a fanbase devoted to creative interpretations.
something_Dark's Avatar something_Dark
03-22-2008, 01:45 AM

hey didnt Danny claim to have some PUP demon living in his lodge? It's trapped in this thing about his home kit I guess. Say's it gives him ideas for structures of rhythm. Here's a far out idea but hey maybe the lil bugger is giving out vocal advice as well!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

hey didnt Danny claim to have some PUP demon living in his lodge? It's trapped in this thing about his home kit I guess. Say's it gives him ideas for structures of rhythm. Here's a far out idea but hey maybe the lil bugger is giving out vocal advice as well!
Etamina's Avatar Etamina
05-02-2008, 10:45 AM

I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #88
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etamina View Post

Of course, because Tool has no sense of humor and everything they do is deliberate and with impeccable seriousness.

Ever listened to Maynard's Dick, Hooker With A Penis?? Of course if you're into finding the underlying meaning behind the almighty cock then have at it.

On the other side, I know what you're saying but all I'm saying is some things Tool does is just meant at a face value without the layered hidden messages.

"lay off the acid dickhead, no puzzles here"
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #89
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Of course, because Tool has no sense of humor and everything they do is deliberate and with impeccable seriousness.

Ever listened to Maynard's Dick, Hooker With A Penis?? Of course if you're into finding the underlying meaning behind the almighty cock then have at it.

On the other side, I know what you're saying but all I'm saying is some things Tool does is just meant at a face value without the layered hidden messages.

05-02-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
QFT.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #90
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
QFT.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
05-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Didn't Bill Hicks mention "there will be dickjokes later on", when he got too far into the serious subjects? Maybe Tool does so by making dicksongs, LOL

So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it. Same goes for the whole Puscifer catalogue.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #91
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:

Didn't Bill Hicks mention "there will be dickjokes later on", when he got too far into the serious subjects? Maybe Tool does so by making dicksongs, LOL

So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it. Same goes for the whole Puscifer catalogue.
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it.

I wouldn't say that at all, at least concerning "Stinkfist". I mean, there's a definite message underneath those lyrics.

I did forget about Maynard's Dick, but even still I feel it falls into a different category. You wouldn't hear that at the end of a studio album.

We're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.

What I mean to say is, to disqualify Viginti Tres as an inspired, deliberate track is foolish, given their reputation and discography. They have something to say!

Last edited by Etamina; 05-06-2008 at 11:05 PM..
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it.

I wouldn't say that at all, at least concerning "Stinkfist". I mean, there's a definite message underneath those lyrics.

I did forget about Maynard's Dick, but even still I feel it falls into a different category. You wouldn't hear that at the end of a studio album.

We're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.

What I mean to say is, to disqualify Viginti Tres as an inspired, deliberate track is foolish, given their reputation and discography. They have something to say!

Last edited by Etamina; 05-06-2008 at 11:05 PM..
05-07-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Ie're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.
Yeah but there's also a big difference between saying they're meaningless or saying that there's some super secret underlying message that you must envision with your thrid eye while playing the lateralus vinyl backwords at 23rpm in while the temperature drops 4 degrees.

...all I'm saying is that some are to be taken at face value while others may have some multi-layered meanings but when you try to make the music into the Holy Grail you've gone too far. Trust me, I do appreciate Tool and their music to the highest degree. I think Lateralus was a masterpiece the way they integrated the fibonacci sequence into it and how they imbed Freemason-esque hidden easter eggs in their music, art and lyrics. But that's all it is, they each have their own personal curiousities and interests that they throw into the mix. With the occult references, aliens, religion, the third eye, etc. It doesn't make them gods by all means, they're just clever fuckers that leave us fans interested to know more and read into what they're displaying because they do make it somewhat subliminal and not just in black and white. It's simple as that, appreciate it for what it is and put away your Crackerjack box decoder ring.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #93
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Ie're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.
Yeah but there's also a big difference between saying they're meaningless or saying that there's some super secret underlying message that you must envision with your thrid eye while playing the lateralus vinyl backwords at 23rpm in while the temperature drops 4 degrees.

...all I'm saying is that some are to be taken at face value while others may have some multi-layered meanings but when you try to make the music into the Holy Grail you've gone too far. Trust me, I do appreciate Tool and their music to the highest degree. I think Lateralus was a masterpiece the way they integrated the fibonacci sequence into it and how they imbed Freemason-esque hidden easter eggs in their music, art and lyrics. But that's all it is, they each have their own personal curiousities and interests that they throw into the mix. With the occult references, aliens, religion, the third eye, etc. It doesn't make them gods by all means, they're just clever fuckers that leave us fans interested to know more and read into what they're displaying because they do make it somewhat subliminal and not just in black and white. It's simple as that, appreciate it for what it is and put away your Crackerjack box decoder ring.
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Well said.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #94
Jedi Master

Quote:

Well said.
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Well said.
I know
Old 05-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #95
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Well said.
I know
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I know
Now that was narcistic, wasn't it?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #96
Jedi Master

Quote:
I know
05-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
...or just confidence...I don't think I am...just a smartass, one who's narcistic acts like it but really means it
Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #97
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
...or just confidence...I don't think I am...just a smartass, one who's narcistic acts like it but really means it
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM

I think we're on the same page.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #98
Level 4 - Thinker

05-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Who's on what page with you?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #99
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
05-09-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You. I just mean to say that I think we agree with one another, even though we're sort of arguing. At least as far as Viginti Tres is concerned, there is something to be gleaned.

Right?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #100
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
You. I just mean to say that I think we agree with one another, even though we're sort of arguing. At least as far as Viginti Tres is concerned, there is something to be gleaned.

Right?
05-09-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:

Right?
Ok, I just wasn't sure what you were referring to by the comment **shrug**
Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #101
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Right?
Ok, I just wasn't sure what you were referring to by the comment **shrug**
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM

Many seem to be in agreement that "ascisco " (which does make perfect sense to me) may be the "hidden lyric". However, my interpretation is this:

Judith Marie has ascended, and it is the voice of God saying "MY SISTER"...welcoming her home.

Now this is what I hear without slowing or speeding up the recording, or doctoring it up with an audio editor, just good ol' fashioned headphones.

I'm probably wrong, but after listening to the long and mostly sad story told in the 3 parts of "Wings", it's rather conforting to picture the journey having a somewhat happy ending.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

Many seem to be in agreement that "ascisco " (which does make perfect sense to me) may be the "hidden lyric". However, my interpretation is this:

Judith Marie has ascended, and it is the voice of God saying "MY SISTER"...welcoming her home.

Now this is what I hear without slowing or speeding up the recording, or doctoring it up with an audio editor, just good ol' fashioned headphones.

I'm probably wrong, but after listening to the long and mostly sad story told in the 3 parts of "Wings", it's rather conforting to picture the journey having a somewhat happy ending.
Gotr
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM

I'm not going to make any real argument about the validity of the ascisco argument itself, but I will say that the Latin scholar earlier made a crucial mistake: yes, in *classical* Latin ascisco would be pronounced "ahss-keess-koe" and viginti tres would be pronounced "wi-ghen-tee traess," in *ecclesiastical* Latin (shorthand amongst Latin scholars to refer to Latin as it is used since the 20th century largely by scholars from the Roman Catholic Church and a few other protestant groups), ascisco would be pronounced "ah-shee-schoe," and viginti tres would be pronounced "vi-jen-tee traes."
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm not going to make any real argument about the validity of the ascisco argument itself, but I will say that the Latin scholar earlier made a crucial mistake: yes, in *classical* Latin ascisco would be pronounced "ahss-keess-koe" and viginti tres would be pronounced "wi-ghen-tee traess," in *ecclesiastical* Latin (shorthand amongst Latin scholars to refer to Latin as it is used since the 20th century largely by scholars from the Roman Catholic Church and a few other protestant groups), ascisco would be pronounced "ah-shee-schoe," and viginti tres would be pronounced "vi-jen-tee traes."
CommanderKeen
03-09-2012, 01:20 AM

ok you might think this is stupid but
jambi is the name of the genie on pee wees play house when genies grant wishes they usually say a magic word what is said in viginte tres is that magic word the pot is jambi's lamp maynard made a wish WANT TO WISH IT ALL AWAY and he will know WHEN TO LET YOU OUT
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #104
On Probation

ok you might think this is stupid but
jambi is the name of the genie on pee wees play house when genies grant wishes they usually say a magic word what is said in viginte tres is that magic word the pot is jambi's lamp maynard made a wish WANT TO WISH IT ALL AWAY and he will know WHEN TO LET YOU OUT
11235's Avatar 11235
03-14-2012, 04:26 AM

The asisco argument is definetely as wrong as the "my sister" argument.
I found out some things but the mods in this forum haven't approved my posting yet. Apparently they have to approve it because there is a link in my posting.

In the posting I came to this conclusion:
- The voice doesn't speak "asisco" (I'll post the disprove when I'm allowed to do so) but several sounds with vowels in it.
- The sequence said by the voice is repeated over the whole song but at very very different speeds and different pitch.
- At its normal speed the voice doesn't sound human. Especially the intonation is not how humans speak. It sounds like alien voice.
- Maybe the spoken sounds are Enochian?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #105
Level 2 - Poster

The asisco argument is definetely as wrong as the "my sister" argument.
I found out some things but the mods in this forum haven't approved my posting yet. Apparently they have to approve it because there is a link in my posting.

In the posting I came to this conclusion:
- The voice doesn't speak "asisco" (I'll post the disprove when I'm allowed to do so) but several sounds with vowels in it.
- The sequence said by the voice is repeated over the whole song but at very very different speeds and different pitch.
- At its normal speed the voice doesn't sound human. Especially the intonation is not how humans speak. It sounds like alien voice.
- Maybe the spoken sounds are Enochian?
mcam88
10-02-2013, 11:42 PM

Wow... an almost decade old forum trail. Awesome. I like what you a throwing down 11235; it does sound inhuman. It sounds almost like an EVP, as others have said. Don't know, won't know. God damn, shit the bed.

The main riff to Lateralus is the intro to X-Files. They just 're-tooled it.'
If it is, "the sister," then it is a reference to Fox Mulder's sister who was taken by ETs.

If it isn't the sister, it's a computerized anagram of some kind with layered syllables and letters. Solve it... nahh.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #106
Level 2 - Poster

Wow... an almost decade old forum trail. Awesome. I like what you a throwing down 11235; it does sound inhuman. It sounds almost like an EVP, as others have said. Don't know, won't know. God damn, shit the bed.

The main riff to Lateralus is the intro to X-Files. They just 're-tooled it.'
If it is, "the sister," then it is a reference to Fox Mulder's sister who was taken by ETs.

If it isn't the sister, it's a computerized anagram of some kind with layered syllables and letters. Solve it... nahh.
mcam88
10-03-2013, 12:31 AM

I just wanted to let you know...
I figured it out...
Mwahahahhahahahhahaha
It is not a 'Human' voice. But this is a hint as to what language it is ;)
Old 10-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #107
Level 2 - Poster

I just wanted to let you know...
I figured it out...
Mwahahahhahahahhahaha
It is not a 'Human' voice. But this is a hint as to what language it is ;)
Aenima72826
08-25-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peolesdru View Post
Actually, it's a line from Star Wars Episode VI, where Darth Vader says:
"A Sister..."
In the scene where he goes on to say "So! You have a sissster"
LMFAO
aenima72826#3762
Old 08-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #108
Level 1 - Lurker