Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
dancingflame
10-19-2011, 09:24 AM

just saw a documentary about the riemann hypothesis...1996 (the year aenima came out) was quite an important year for the researchers (there was conference with scientists from diffferent disciplines in that year)...i don`t know much about math but its a kind of unsolved puzzle that could give answers about primenumbers and their relevance in sub-atomic physics, quantummechanics and stuff like this...i am quite sure it is all a big blair joke again :D
tool is a wonderful waste of time, inner_eulogy- your posts are really a great lecture, probably all 6,378 of them (jeeeeez- thats much TIME spent here...)

Last edited by dancingflame; 10-19-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?

just saw a documentary about the riemann hypothesis...1996 (the year aenima came out) was quite an important year for the researchers (there was conference with scientists from diffferent disciplines in that year)...i don`t know much about math but its a kind of unsolved puzzle that could give answers about primenumbers and their relevance in sub-atomic physics, quantummechanics and stuff like this...i am quite sure it is all a big blair joke again :D
tool is a wonderful waste of time, inner_eulogy- your posts are really a great lecture, probably all 6,378 of them (jeeeeez- thats much TIME spent here...)

Last edited by dancingflame; 10-19-2011 at 09:28 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
EverReady
10-19-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpntnthc123 View Post
some people say that about jobs, social lives and hobbies etc.
Breeding...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #82
On Probation

Bincount™: 232

Quote:
some people say that about jobs, social lives and hobbies etc.
Breeding...
srpntnthc123
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM

the idea of such an atrocious and selfish act and what kind of needs drive a person to "want" to breed makes me want to stove sheep's skulls inward. Not saying whether i think that makes me bad, I'm just saying that's how the idea makes me feel, feelings change.( i dont know if its intelligence or experience that lets me accept that because undoubtedly I fall short in both area's). I do enjoy fishing though.! I also like to watch shows about nature, foreign nature more so, and today i saw a bird get shit on its back by another bird and then proceed to eat said shit from its own back, i saw a baby owl climb a tree to learn to fly and i saw another bird swim beneath glaciers to learn to fly. All these things i saw, (and many others) tells me that existence is balance, otherwise it couldn't exist........right? In a balanced existence even crtn srpnts can be right about something they really don't know about. I like the idea of the song existing, I really like the idea the other person had about it being on a cd, but that's not likely. Let be be clear, when i do the math i don't see it working out like that, reasons?, (we all need them right?) Because even those discs were mass produced and i swear i remember reading that only a handful existed. Another reason is because i cant see even the most devoted TooL fan, follower, or friend putting that disc in a place where it would stare them in the face on a daily basis, ESPECIALLY when they probably don't even know the song is there. I'm almost certain that when someone has possession of a bands gold record they hang it on the wall.......at about eye level and they never think to play the damn thing. I don't know if anyone remembers but Nasa put earths digital profile on a gold disc along with a specific stylus, then attached the two to a satellite and shot it into deep space. Ok, im not the devoted fan or follower, i probably don't even get what tool is about, Ive never owned a tool shirt or been to a tool show, i don't have any tool tattoos or great stories to offer. what i do have is four swollen fingers on my left hand from running through the albums on an acoustic guitar for the last two days straight. Not being that type of enthusiast i probably don't possess the vocabulary to convey how i felt the last 2 days, and in turn, the last 13 years, but if you hold my feet to the fire i would have to say that when i am feeling that way the only thing i can relate TOOL to is NASA. Deep Space Explorers. I do enjoy using tools though. 7inch power grinders, chainsaws, torches, welding machines, wrenches, ratchets, framing squares, levels, chalk lines, hammers and i can go on and on and on but my belligerence beckons me to get to the point. When a fisherman uses a tool he thinks about how that tool came to be, then he realizes it was born from necessity, and how necessity is the grandfather of all advancements we as a species have made. I don't think about the man that invented the wheel, i think about the necessity he experienced to make the tools to make the wheel. I know the feeling of wanting, but have no fucking clue where or what to start with. And by the way, im not being belligerent but i have noticed that certain things are necessary at certain times for the sake of advancement,.................. so i use certain tools.

P.s, im a seer then believer, but i always believe that man, (me) can see anything.

P.s.s i probably should proofread this so not to give hunters ammunition to use against me,

P.s.s.s. but i won't
Old 11-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #83
Level 3 - Talker

the idea of such an atrocious and selfish act and what kind of needs drive a person to "want" to breed makes me want to stove sheep's skulls inward. Not saying whether i think that makes me bad, I'm just saying that's how the idea makes me feel, feelings change.( i dont know if its intelligence or experience that lets me accept that because undoubtedly I fall short in both area's). I do enjoy fishing though.! I also like to watch shows about nature, foreign nature more so, and today i saw a bird get shit on its back by another bird and then proceed to eat said shit from its own back, i saw a baby owl climb a tree to learn to fly and i saw another bird swim beneath glaciers to learn to fly. All these things i saw, (and many others) tells me that existence is balance, otherwise it couldn't exist........right? In a balanced existence even crtn srpnts can be right about something they really don't know about. I like the idea of the song existing, I really like the idea the other person had about it being on a cd, but that's not likely. Let be be clear, when i do the math i don't see it working out like that, reasons?, (we all need them right?) Because even those discs were mass produced and i swear i remember reading that only a handful existed. Another reason is because i cant see even the most devoted TooL fan, follower, or friend putting that disc in a place where it would stare them in the face on a daily basis, ESPECIALLY when they probably don't even know the song is there. I'm almost certain that when someone has possession of a bands gold record they hang it on the wall.......at about eye level and they never think to play the damn thing. I don't know if anyone remembers but Nasa put earths digital profile on a gold disc along with a specific stylus, then attached the two to a satellite and shot it into deep space. Ok, im not the devoted fan or follower, i probably don't even get what tool is about, Ive never owned a tool shirt or been to a tool show, i don't have any tool tattoos or great stories to offer. what i do have is four swollen fingers on my left hand from running through the albums on an acoustic guitar for the last two days straight. Not being that type of enthusiast i probably don't possess the vocabulary to convey how i felt the last 2 days, and in turn, the last 13 years, but if you hold my feet to the fire i would have to say that when i am feeling that way the only thing i can relate TOOL to is NASA. Deep Space Explorers. I do enjoy using tools though. 7inch power grinders, chainsaws, torches, welding machines, wrenches, ratchets, framing squares, levels, chalk lines, hammers and i can go on and on and on but my belligerence beckons me to get to the point. When a fisherman uses a tool he thinks about how that tool came to be, then he realizes it was born from necessity, and how necessity is the grandfather of all advancements we as a species have made. I don't think about the man that invented the wheel, i think about the necessity he experienced to make the tools to make the wheel. I know the feeling of wanting, but have no fucking clue where or what to start with. And by the way, im not being belligerent but i have noticed that certain things are necessary at certain times for the sake of advancement,.................. so i use certain tools.

P.s, im a seer then believer, but i always believe that man, (me) can see anything.

P.s.s i probably should proofread this so not to give hunters ammunition to use against me,

P.s.s.s. but i won't
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
11-14-2011, 07:18 AM

yes. i stopped at birds shitting on other birds backs
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

yes. i stopped at birds shitting on other birds backs
base metal's Avatar base metal
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM

I think Tool is trying to say you have to cut through the bullshit in your own mind and find your self, because that's what we're doing.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #85
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

I think Tool is trying to say you have to cut through the bullshit in your own mind and find your self, because that's what we're doing.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM

exactly. they are showing you a mirror. no ones path to enlightenment is the same.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #86
Level 7 - Loquacious

exactly. they are showing you a mirror. no ones path to enlightenment is the same.
dancingflame
11-15-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
well, thats a wonderful point. but what about the alleged song?
maybe "staring at a daily basis" means- the mirror? i am writing songs sometimes...?!?!?!?!?!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
well, thats a wonderful point. but what about the alleged song?
maybe "staring at a daily basis" means- the mirror? i am writing songs sometimes...?!?!?!?!?!
srpntnthc123
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM

that may have been me going around my elbow to get to my ass hole, but that's all i was saying, what about the song? i hope im wrong , really i do because if im right there goes any chance of ever hearing it. i wasn't being hostile, i was actually aiming for laughs, but i guess if you have to explain the joke it isn't very funny.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #88
Level 3 - Talker

that may have been me going around my elbow to get to my ass hole, but that's all i was saying, what about the song? i hope im wrong , really i do because if im right there goes any chance of ever hearing it. i wasn't being hostile, i was actually aiming for laughs, but i guess if you have to explain the joke it isn't very funny.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM

i dont beleive it exists. i think there is more band envolvement in the forum than most people think and they are having a laugh
Old 11-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

i dont beleive it exists. i think there is more band envolvement in the forum than most people think and they are having a laugh
srpntnthc123
11-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:

this could be very possible, maybe they are laughing at all of us without the secret decoder ring, because those with the ring have already heard the song.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #90
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

this could be very possible, maybe they are laughing at all of us without the secret decoder ring, because those with the ring have already heard the song.
dancingflame
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
the band was killed in a car-accident, maynard found jesus, danny did some drum-recording in a room filled with helium and they recorded a song called "problem 8 (reimann hypothesis)"...it all seems to fit together and NO ONE is having a laugh or trying people to start coming up with some individual thoughts and beware! maybe even creativity...everything you know is wrong. humor is forbidden.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #91
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
the band was killed in a car-accident, maynard found jesus, danny did some drum-recording in a room filled with helium and they recorded a song called "problem 8 (reimann hypothesis)"...it all seems to fit together and NO ONE is having a laugh or trying people to start coming up with some individual thoughts and beware! maybe even creativity...everything you know is wrong. humor is forbidden.
srpntnthc123
11-21-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post

you gotta be a pretty sick mofo to think thats a funny april fools joke. thats just not funny at all. hope is naive?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #92
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post

you gotta be a pretty sick mofo to think thats a funny april fools joke. thats just not funny at all. hope is naive?
dancingflame
11-22-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
actually i would love to hear the song...and i still have hope..but i would also like to hear all of the tapes of the jams they ever recorded (although there is probably a lot of weird stuff)...but where are the hints? its quite difficult to find it out...all i do from now on is posting something cynic now and then and hope someone finds it and shares it online or something...in the meantime i could listen to "divorced" by the melvins again...btw: the helium-story wasn`t even an aprils fool joke, it was printed in a drum-magazine which i find REALLY amusing...
Old 11-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
actually i would love to hear the song...and i still have hope..but i would also like to hear all of the tapes of the jams they ever recorded (although there is probably a lot of weird stuff)...but where are the hints? its quite difficult to find it out...all i do from now on is posting something cynic now and then and hope someone finds it and shares it online or something...in the meantime i could listen to "divorced" by the melvins again...btw: the helium-story wasn`t even an aprils fool joke, it was printed in a drum-magazine which i find REALLY amusing...
dancingflame
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM

and now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9mSsx9--1o

(look in the infotext who played organ and synth) bravo, blair! (8

Last edited by dancingflame; 11-29-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #94
Level 7 - Loquacious

and now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9mSsx9--1o

(look in the infotext who played organ and synth) bravo, blair! (8

Last edited by dancingflame; 11-29-2011 at 10:56 AM..
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM

^thanks for the link :D haha!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #95
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

11-29-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
no problem :D glad to share...but could not find a download or even a way to purchase...it seems to have been re-issued on cd somewhen in the 90ies...
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #96
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
no problem :D glad to share...but could not find a download or even a way to purchase...it seems to have been re-issued on cd somewhen in the 90ies...
lachrymoIogy's Avatar lachrymoIogy
04-01-2012, 02:01 AM

I'm glad to see if I visit this place on April 1st I can still see the same rhetoric from people debating and analyzing the validity of something posted by Blair on April first. Any of you guys go to that 10,000 days listening party few years back on April 1st? Yeah..
Old 04-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

I'm glad to see if I visit this place on April 1st I can still see the same rhetoric from people debating and analyzing the validity of something posted by Blair on April first. Any of you guys go to that 10,000 days listening party few years back on April 1st? Yeah..
04-01-2012, 07:18 AM

The song is real, I've heard though and it sucks.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #98
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

The song is real, I've heard though and it sucks.
04-01-2012, 10:37 AM

I remember reading a post by blair indicating problem 8 track was only included in cassettes. Wish I had the energy to find it on the blog, but i dont. I only have enough energy to post this.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #99
Level 1 - Lurker

I remember reading a post by blair indicating problem 8 track was only included in cassettes. Wish I had the energy to find it on the blog, but i dont. I only have enough energy to post this.
EndEyeQuote's Avatar EndEyeQuote
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
its obviously on the plat vinyl of aenima.
This.

There is only a PICTURE of it with the post. I dont think its a joke at all. I think if someone who had one were to put their Ænima platinum album on their record player and give it a listen they might be very very surprised.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
Old 04-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #100
Level 666 - Cenobite (tdn $supporter)

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
its obviously on the plat vinyl of aenima.
This.

There is only a PICTURE of it with the post. I dont think its a joke at all. I think if someone who had one were to put their Ænima platinum album on their record player and give it a listen they might be very very surprised.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
tooltweeker
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM

8= symbol for infinity? thus this must be an infinite problem
2002 Inglewood, CA 7/15 | 2002 Long Beach, CA 11/24 | 2006 Indio, CA 4/30 | 2006 Phoenix, AZ 7/9 | 2007 Tucson, AZ 5/6 | 2009 Phoenix, AZ 7/21 | 2010 Los Angeles, CA 7/18 | 2012 Las Vegas, NV 1/15 | 2012 Tucson, AZ 1/17 | 2014 Phoenix, AZ 3/27 | 2015 Tempe, AZ 10/31 | 2016 San Diego, CA 1/10
Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #101
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

8= symbol for infinity? thus this must be an infinite problem
2002 Inglewood, CA 7/15 | 2002 Long Beach, CA 11/24 | 2006 Indio, CA 4/30 | 2006 Phoenix, AZ 7/9 | 2007 Tucson, AZ 5/6 | 2009 Phoenix, AZ 7/21 | 2010 Los Angeles, CA 7/18 | 2012 Las Vegas, NV 1/15 | 2012 Tucson, AZ 1/17 | 2014 Phoenix, AZ 3/27 | 2015 Tempe, AZ 10/31 | 2016 San Diego, CA 1/10
nivem
04-01-2012, 08:29 PM

so i think i figured it out, if it really isn't a joke. since there is a picture of the album with the eye showing seems to me all clues lead to playing the vinyl underneath the eye sticker on the aenima album...right?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

so i think i figured it out, if it really isn't a joke. since there is a picture of the album with the eye showing seems to me all clues lead to playing the vinyl underneath the eye sticker on the aenima album...right?
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM

we will never know for sure because no one will ever want to rip that sticker off.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #103
Level 7 - Loquacious

we will never know for sure because no one will ever want to rip that sticker off.
mysoultheunderground
04-02-2012, 01:57 AM

I think Blair would probably derive enjoyment from posting some genuine information on April 1st just to add that ambiguity and make people confused. I wouldn't put it past him to even save a bit of news/info for a couple of weeks if it meant he could post it on April Fools day. Maybe he took that photo of the dry-erase board weeks ago.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #104
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think Blair would probably derive enjoyment from posting some genuine information on April 1st just to add that ambiguity and make people confused. I wouldn't put it past him to even save a bit of news/info for a couple of weeks if it meant he could post it on April Fools day. Maybe he took that photo of the dry-erase board weeks ago.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
04-03-2012, 06:40 PM

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/.../t-564596.html

this link was posted on fourtheye. in it says that some of these vinyls have other music not expected to be on it. soooo if you play the aenema vinyl all built up on hearing a rare tool song you'll get the biggest april fools joke by hearing something not even tool on the record.

case closed
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #105
Level 7 - Loquacious

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/.../t-564596.html

this link was posted on fourtheye. in it says that some of these vinyls have other music not expected to be on it. soooo if you play the aenema vinyl all built up on hearing a rare tool song you'll get the biggest april fools joke by hearing something not even tool on the record.

case closed
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM

I bet all those Tool platinum albums are all Rick Astley
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #106
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I bet all those Tool platinum albums are all Rick Astley
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM

its maynard impersonating rick astley on a megaphone
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #107
Level 7 - Loquacious

its maynard impersonating rick astley on a megaphone
incubusflyguy
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM

The hidden song is quite easy to play or locate, but locating a VINYL that contains it is nearly impossible. When the RIAA issues certifications (silver, gold, platinum), they usually come in a big ol nice frame. Blaire showed a picture guys. Jeez. The RIAA Silver certification issues of Ænima that were presented to band members, recording staff, and close friends. Blair gave you guys a picture of the damn thing. It DOES exist. It is NOT an april fools joke.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #108
Level 1 - Lurker

The hidden song is quite easy to play or locate, but locating a VINYL that contains it is nearly impossible. When the RIAA issues certifications (silver, gold, platinum), they usually come in a big ol nice frame. Blaire showed a picture guys. Jeez. The RIAA Silver certification issues of Ænima that were presented to band members, recording staff, and close friends. Blair gave you guys a picture of the damn thing. It DOES exist. It is NOT an april fools joke.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
04-04-2012, 06:59 PM

try reading posts before you post.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #109
Level 7 - Loquacious

try reading posts before you post.
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubusflyguy View Post
hello blaire :)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #110
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubusflyguy View Post
hello blaire :)
04-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Good to see the mysterious lost page is still haunting these forums. As for the post, I don't think Blair would have posted a picture of what he was talking about along with "only 30 copies may be in existence" also along with "I'm not sure which bassist recorded the song" if he was just joking. All signs point to a very early Aenema track that didn't make the cut which was included on the vinyl nobody ever thought to play. Why he bothered telling us about it when none of us will likely ever get the chance to actually play one of those albums is probably where the April fool's joke lies. That, and getting a good laugh at all the people putting various portions of their Tool CD cases on their turntables while trying to make out some sort of song among all the scratching and popping.

Last edited by frosty nugs; 04-04-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #111
Level 4 - Thinker

Good to see the mysterious lost page is still haunting these forums. As for the post, I don't think Blair would have posted a picture of what he was talking about along with "only 30 copies may be in existence" also along with "I'm not sure which bassist recorded the song" if he was just joking. All signs point to a very early Aenema track that didn't make the cut which was included on the vinyl nobody ever thought to play. Why he bothered telling us about it when none of us will likely ever get the chance to actually play one of those albums is probably where the April fool's joke lies. That, and getting a good laugh at all the people putting various portions of their Tool CD cases on their turntables while trying to make out some sort of song among all the scratching and popping.

Last edited by frosty nugs; 04-04-2012 at 09:52 PM..
garfield1211
04-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
Being in radio and having been the recipient of a couple of these RIAA Platinum albums (none from Tool), I can assure you that your theory is probably spot on. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Problem 8 is embedded into the Vinyl that's encased in the glass. After all, if the song was mysteriously hidden on a CD, you'd think SOMEONE would have discovered it by now and it would be all over youtube. Nobody wants to bust those platinums open though...so until someone does, you're never going to hear Problem 8.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #112
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
Being in radio and having been the recipient of a couple of these RIAA Platinum albums (none from Tool), I can assure you that your theory is probably spot on. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Problem 8 is embedded into the Vinyl that's encased in the glass. After all, if the song was mysteriously hidden on a CD, you'd think SOMEONE would have discovered it by now and it would be all over youtube. Nobody wants to bust those platinums open though...so until someone does, you're never going to hear Problem 8.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM

it doesnt exist. a lot of those vinyls dont have they music or the band even it says it is. its an april fools joke. imagine someone cracking one open only to hear rick roll. tada!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #113
Level 7 - Loquacious

it doesnt exist. a lot of those vinyls dont have they music or the band even it says it is. its an april fools joke. imagine someone cracking one open only to hear rick roll. tada!
srpntnthc123
04-06-2012, 05:32 AM

aenima, and i said undertow............wheres my fucking brain.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #114
Level 3 - Talker

aenima, and i said undertow............wheres my fucking brain.
IC's Avatar IC
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypin View Post

And then he died.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #115
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypin View Post

And then he died.
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield1211 View Post
IT would seem that you may be wrong about that, seeing as Tool seems to be re-rehersing and re-recording The song.

Problem #8 Reimann hypothesis

it would seem that Nature (in her infinite wisdom) has played a practical joke on our mathematicians considering it created problem that involves a virtual mobius strip of chaos, where the a set of formulas that would normally create a valid model for prediction ends up right where it started at the beginning and with no resolution to the problem.

Its my opinion that this mathematical theory is direct proof of the cyclic nature of the reality we so delightfully believe exists separate from our own minds.

practical magik will relate, one can seek to control reality by grasping for external control, only to end up enslaving that which is within. But the real power comes from controlling that which is with in, and thus the external world follows suit.

Has any one ever considered that the relationship between the Body and the universe is like that of a mobius strip?
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #116
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield1211 View Post
IT would seem that you may be wrong about that, seeing as Tool seems to be re-rehersing and re-recording The song.

it would seem that Nature (in her infinite wisdom) has played a practical joke on our mathematicians considering it created problem that involves a virtual mobius strip of chaos, where the a set of formulas that would normally create a valid model for prediction ends up right where it started at the beginning and with no resolution to the problem.

Its my opinion that this mathematical theory is direct proof of the cyclic nature of the reality we so delightfully believe exists separate from our own minds.

practical magik will relate, one can seek to control reality by grasping for external control, only to end up enslaving that which is within. But the real power comes from controlling that which is with in, and thus the external world follows suit.

Has any one ever considered that the relationship between the Body and the universe is like that of a mobius strip?
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Thermington's Avatar Thermington
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

That's so irrelevant and pseudo intellectual it's not even funny.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #117
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

That's so irrelevant and pseudo intellectual it's not even funny.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM

little harsh; i thought it was funny.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #118
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

little harsh; i thought it was funny.
04-08-2012, 06:52 PM

You know, he was reposting a section of a newsletter from last year(not April) when referring to Problem 8. If this is an April Fool's joke, then Blair has certainly put more effort into this one than in past jokes. Blair's April Fool's jokes are usually more obvious than this anyways. Blair does like to f with people, but this typing of fing with people doesn't fit with what i have seen before.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #119
Level 2 - Poster

You know, he was reposting a section of a newsletter from last year(not April) when referring to Problem 8. If this is an April Fool's joke, then Blair has certainly put more effort into this one than in past jokes. Blair's April Fool's jokes are usually more obvious than this anyways. Blair does like to f with people, but this typing of fing with people doesn't fit with what i have seen before.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-09-2012, 12:32 PM

I got 99 problems but a song ain't one
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #120
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I got 99 problems but a song ain't one

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply