opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 12-08-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
the pipe

i watched the video a few times after i saw some of these posts and most of it made sense then. the only part i didn't get was where he takes out a part of a like a water pipe and then there's brains inside; i just thought somebody might know...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: the pipe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Incredulity [/i]
[B]i watched the video a few times after i saw some of these posts and most of it made sense then. the only part i didn't get was where he takes out a part of a like a water pipe and then there's brains inside; i just thought somebody might know... [/B][/QUOTE]

The meat pipe is our main character's place of employment.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

You dont exactly know that. I cant see any way how that could be interpretated as his job
Old 02-20-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 57

[QUOTE=Incredulity]i watched the video a few times after i saw some of these posts and most of it made sense then. the only part i didn't get was where he takes out a part of a like a water pipe and then there's brains inside; i just thought somebody might know...[/QUOTE]

When he takes the peice away, it didn't look like brains to me, although i could be wrong (it has happened once or twice before), it looked like feces (shit) or maybe intestines. maybe another reference to anal sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave2addictions
I eat doodoo.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

*sigh*

A reference to anal sex in the sober video?

Now that just makes me chuckle.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

i think i have a better one.... the brains in the pipe are human beings, produced in lines. they will eventually get born and replace that puppet guy, because they're also not sober. Moreover, here is also a matter of perspectives: while the main character lives (i mean his head is still in one piece), we are only shown the room, because he can't see more. But the video goes on, and proves (for example) that what might seem to be a smbd's prison (or mearly the place he hangs around) could be a disguised place for mass indoctrination (i hope u got it, my style is quite confused)

btw, listen to the drums at the begining.. they suggest a factory, where products are released one after another. Rather disturbing
Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #7
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

The images of other claymation people working on stuff supports that.

Also...the pipe isn't full of brains or crap...it's referred to as the "meat tube" or something; so it's probably full of raw meat. It looks like human organs to me.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 233

I think it's maynard trying to express how he wants people to take away peices of his meatpipe. Then have anal sex.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Whatsup with anal sex?
The asshole is exit only for me.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1150

ROFL. The anal sex comes from songs like 4 Degrees (the anus is 4 degrees warmer than the vagina, hence the origins of the theory, but the lyrics moreso can slightly allude to it; although its already been decided as a metaphor by many supposedly, including myself. At a Tool concert though, Maynard claimed to have just found the fun fact out, so its not very legit.) and well of course, Prison Sex! Yayaya!
Common Misconception #1 About TOOL: All to most lyrics are created with anal sex as the front theme.
Common Misconception #2 About TOOL: TOOL and all that follow them are EVOL satanists! >.>
Boo to anal. Sorry gays.
Meat pipe though...sounds mildly suspicious. I need to see the Tool vids.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

I didnt think that was brains inside of the pipe. I thought it was a small intestine but I could be wrong considering my monitor has a very low brightness level even at 100%.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Looked like processed organs, perhaps for the puppeteer-esque guy to make more of the creatures.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 AM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561

[QUOTE=Wave.Existance.Tears]Common Misconception #1 About TOOL: All to most lyrics are created with anal sex as the front theme.[/quote]
I still tell people they are, anyway. :D yay!

[quote]Boo to anal. Sorry gays.[/QUOTE]
Not all gay people enjoy it. I've heard of heteros doing it just as frequently.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

[QUOTE=Odibilëph]I still tell people they are, anyway. :D yay![/QUOTE]
I love getting the average person's average reaction when I say that.
[QUOTE=Odibilëph]Not all gay people enjoy it. I've heard of heteros doing it just as frequently.[/QUOTE]
Indeed...it was just a stupid joke, I suppose. Although Prison Sex is guy-guy (father-son, technically)
Old 08-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

I Think it represents the house that the character is in is a living thing, maybe a metaphor about something of a *Close minded existance* or it could be a *Meat tube* like you said. The whole theme about the album is about things lying beneath the surface that bring you down with them. Its best not to know exactly what it means but to learn and feel from it instead.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Location: Somewhere Far Below The Mines Of The Superstition Mountains

[QUOTE=Haxpanda;608052]I Think it represents the house that the character is in is a living thing, maybe a metaphor about something of a *Close minded existance* or it could be a *Meat tube* like you said. The whole theme about the album is about things lying beneath the surface that bring you down with them. Its best not to know exactly what it means but to learn and feel from it instead.[/QUOTE]

I agree whole heartedly that's been my theory since I first saw the video
Old 12-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

[QUOTE=Nirvanoid68]*sigh*

A reference to anal sex in the sober video?

Now that just makes me chuckle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. What's up with you sadistic fucks and anal sex? Seriously?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Equation to all of Adam's videos: Take 2+ hits of acid for a few days straight and always have a notebook with you so you can write down ideas as they trip in. Take a week to recover and organize your writtings. Then gradually put them into a storyline. Then you create it. It's easy. It's simple. It's just plain fun.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 96

maybe when he removes the piece of piping and he sees all that junk, whatever it is, its him just checking that hes still alive. as the stuff is moving through the piping like blood through a vein, maybe the shit inside just shows how precariously he is living, like an unhealthy persons arteries get clogged up with fat.
the rest of the video appears to be like a drunken haze, seeing different rooms of images struggling or dangling hopelessly, like that big arm trying to grab hold of something, that could represent his inabililty to get a grip of himself.

does anyone agree with that? and also what is that giant mechanical thing toward the end of the video, looks like a type of turreted gun or something like that. i know its not that adsactly.

Don't get big ideas, they are not going to happen.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #20
On Probation

Bincount™: 13

The character likes to touch the meat, lol.

Seriously, it seems like the world he lives in is very inorganic, and removing the section of pipe to see the organic meat might just be to reinforce the idea that he has lost touch with the natural world.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I think this is being highly digested
Old 02-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

When I first saw it i thought it was like a worm or somethin
Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Meat pipe sounds like meat flute... but it has nothing to do with that.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Im a few years late.... maybe more

[QUOTE=Mattywasaracecardriver;1685846]maybe when he removes the piece of piping and he sees all that junk, whatever it is, its him just checking that hes still alive. as the stuff is moving through the piping like blood through a vein, maybe the shit inside just shows how precariously he is living, like an unhealthy persons arteries get clogged up with fat.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the pipes seem to be veins, the circulatory system of the house(a living thing) used to maintain life. So the house a living structural oraganism which he reveales when he removes a piece of the piping. He finds his veins to be clogged. Clogged arteries sometimes lead to kidney disease. His diseased kidneys could be a result of his heroin addiction. Another sign of his diminisioning health is by the wooden squares that have been distorted with inanimate objects. Damaged cells that have morphed into a virus. A diseased that prevents him from grasping the string of life. The incased head and body he reveals is his forgotten reflection. He sees how his addiction has taken a toll on his physical apperance. This figure also has nails(syringes) penetrating it. Leads him to check his health which he discovers his slow moving almost clogged pipes. I think the holes on the floor could symbolize track marks. Sometime during the video he drops the box in one...

I think its a great video with so much more meaning then whats typed aboved.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: