Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidabyss View Post
i dunno if i have the patients to scan, the WHOLE mag. is about tool pretty much. i mean its not a huge magazine but there is a fair amount of pages

i cant get over how cool danny's car is
LMFAO!! the patients to scan?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #41
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Revolver Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidabyss View Post
i dunno if i have the patients to scan, the WHOLE mag. is about tool pretty much. i mean its not a huge magazine but there is a fair amount of pages

i cant get over how cool danny's car is
LMFAO!! the patients to scan?
05-12-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liecheatnsteal View Post
Magazine was a good read to see things "from a different angle". I was most impressed by MJK talking about how having a son changed his life. Not to get too personal, but I too had a son recently and I can relate. I don't have the exact quote in front of me (had to lend it to a fellow fan here because they are hard to find!) but MJK says something to the effect that after he had a son, his friends would be off to do something crazy and he'd have to stay behind because now he had responsibilites. He also wished that some of the other guys in the band would expereince what he had by becoming a father yet at the same time thought that them being different was good for the creative process.
Which is exactly why I've said since day one that H is about his son.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #42
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by liecheatnsteal View Post
Magazine was a good read to see things "from a different angle". I was most impressed by MJK talking about how having a son changed his life. Not to get too personal, but I too had a son recently and I can relate. I don't have the exact quote in front of me (had to lend it to a fellow fan here because they are hard to find!) but MJK says something to the effect that after he had a son, his friends would be off to do something crazy and he'd have to stay behind because now he had responsibilites. He also wished that some of the other guys in the band would expereince what he had by becoming a father yet at the same time thought that them being different was good for the creative process.
Which is exactly why I've said since day one that H is about his son.
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM

I would like to pick up a copy but I can't find one anywhere, I have checked amazon, borders, barnes and noble etc...... The only one I have find is on ebay for $60, fuck that guy! Anyways it be very appreciated if someone can point me the direction of a place where I can order one online.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

I would like to pick up a copy but I can't find one anywhere, I have checked amazon, borders, barnes and noble etc...... The only one I have find is on ebay for $60, fuck that guy! Anyways it be very appreciated if someone can point me the direction of a place where I can order one online.
05-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenda View Post
I got my mom to pick mine up from Wal-Mart during one of her trips. I don't think its as rare as it's led on to believe. Just check some local stores and I bet they'll have them now.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
I got my mom to pick mine up from Wal-Mart during one of her trips. I don't think its as rare as it's led on to believe. Just check some local stores and I bet they'll have them now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Agenda's Avatar Agenda
05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

The june issue is already out, the tool issue has been moved out. Thanks though
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

The june issue is already out, the tool issue has been moved out. Thanks though
05-12-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah the June issue was released the same week as the Tool one out here in Canada. It's not the monthly installment of Revolver but instead a special. I'd still look into it at different stores that aren't run by incompetent workers.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #46
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Yeah the June issue was released the same week as the Tool one out here in Canada. It's not the monthly installment of Revolver but instead a special. I'd still look into it at different stores that aren't run by incompetent workers.
magiclessmarker
05-12-2008, 06:35 PM

I got mine from Hot Topic. I went to Borders first, searched and searched the magazine section, couldn't find it, asked one of the employees and he said to check out Hot Topic. Went into Hot Topic and the strange guy with long hair and an Iron Maiden t-shirt at the cash register was reading it! I was like, um, can I buy that? He was like, well it's the only copy we have in the entire store, but....here...6 bucks later I was a happy man. I apologized for snagging the magazine that he was reading, and I was on my way. :)
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I got mine from Hot Topic. I went to Borders first, searched and searched the magazine section, couldn't find it, asked one of the employees and he said to check out Hot Topic. Went into Hot Topic and the strange guy with long hair and an Iron Maiden t-shirt at the cash register was reading it! I was like, um, can I buy that? He was like, well it's the only copy we have in the entire store, but....here...6 bucks later I was a happy man. I apologized for snagging the magazine that he was reading, and I was on my way. :)
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
That's fucked up
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #48
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
That's fucked up
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Huh, the Wal-Mart's by me didn't have them, that was the first place I looked.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #49
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Huh, the Wal-Mart's by me didn't have them, that was the first place I looked.
05-14-2008, 10:58 AM

and I quote:

"I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks 'wings" and "wings pt. 2." I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It's just too difficult in what I would consider a hostile environment. It's not a very nurturing setting, a Tool concert. There's a lots of people there that get it, but theres definitely a percentage who don't and it's a very, very,very difficult place to try to express those kinds of feelings. So having put yourself out there in that way with songs like "prison sex" and "wings," I don't want to do that anymore. All those songs were exploited and misconstrued. People were flippant and dismissive. And technically, "wings" is very difficult to pull off, so if any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and that's not a good song for me to have fall apart."

-Maynard

Hmmm.

I remember when I went to the show in San Diego, during the intro/quiet moments to/of wings, "a percentage" of the people were yelping and screaming like a bunch of rabid wolves. Maynard stopped in his tracks and addressed the idiots personally by saying to the crowd something along the lines of (non-verbatim, of course, it was a long time ago), hey guys, thanks for acting like drunk assholes while I'm sharing my inner most feelings in a song about my dead mother. I, personally, was mesmerized and moved to the bottom of my soul by both the song and the performance. And I hope for the well-being of mankind, that he does not decide to stop sharing, because when he lets it out, I don't care who you are, you'll feel it too.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

and I quote:

"I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks 'wings" and "wings pt. 2." I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It's just too difficult in what I would consider a hostile environment. It's not a very nurturing setting, a Tool concert. There's a lots of people there that get it, but theres definitely a percentage who don't and it's a very, very,very difficult place to try to express those kinds of feelings. So having put yourself out there in that way with songs like "prison sex" and "wings," I don't want to do that anymore. All those songs were exploited and misconstrued. People were flippant and dismissive. And technically, "wings" is very difficult to pull off, so if any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and that's not a good song for me to have fall apart."

-Maynard

Hmmm.

I remember when I went to the show in San Diego, during the intro/quiet moments to/of wings, "a percentage" of the people were yelping and screaming like a bunch of rabid wolves. Maynard stopped in his tracks and addressed the idiots personally by saying to the crowd something along the lines of (non-verbatim, of course, it was a long time ago), hey guys, thanks for acting like drunk assholes while I'm sharing my inner most feelings in a song about my dead mother. I, personally, was mesmerized and moved to the bottom of my soul by both the song and the performance. And I hope for the well-being of mankind, that he does not decide to stop sharing, because when he lets it out, I don't care who you are, you'll feel it too.
05-14-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclessmarker View Post
and I quote:

-Maynard

Hmmm.

<<--hates those fucking drunk ignorant disrespectful wanna be assholes
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #51
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclessmarker View Post
and I quote:

-Maynard

Hmmm.

<<--hates those fucking drunk ignorant disrespectful wanna be assholes
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM

mjk is such a dumbass. he wants rain but doesn't wanna get wet.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #52
Banned.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi_driver View Post
"much better you than I" ??
Old 05-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #53
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi_driver View Post
"much better you than I" ??
05-14-2008, 12:41 PM

-.-
Old 05-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #54
Banned.

-.-
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM

I got an email from Revolver telling me that the magazine is on back order until there are more in stock...... I'm worried.

BTW, about the quote from Maynard... i was actually thinking about that today. I was driving to work listening to 10kdays, reminiscing of seeing Wings and 10,000days live. While i was far from a "drunken asshole", unfortunately i found myself not quite involving myself emotionally with those songs. Can't say i know why really... i WAS paying attention.

Then it dawned on me... Crap! i will probably never see that song played live again. There is no way Maynard will keep singing it... if anything it will end up being a HUGE rarity in their setlist. At which point i was a little upset and dissapointed in myself for not realizing that that was my only shot to connect with the song in person.

...fucknshit
Old 05-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #55
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

I got an email from Revolver telling me that the magazine is on back order until there are more in stock...... I'm worried.

BTW, about the quote from Maynard... i was actually thinking about that today. I was driving to work listening to 10kdays, reminiscing of seeing Wings and 10,000days live. While i was far from a "drunken asshole", unfortunately i found myself not quite involving myself emotionally with those songs. Can't say i know why really... i WAS paying attention.

Then it dawned on me... Crap! i will probably never see that song played live again. There is no way Maynard will keep singing it... if anything it will end up being a HUGE rarity in their setlist. At which point i was a little upset and dissapointed in myself for not realizing that that was my only shot to connect with the song in person.

...fucknshit
TOOL_Rules
05-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

...fucknshit
DUH!!! Great time to realize that. I'm glad I appreciated it every one of the 5 times I saw it performed. Very moving experience having lost my father mere months before. You're right, we probably won't see that again, and if so, very rarely. I've seen TOOL 16 times and only seen Third Eye performed once. I hate that the drunk disrespecting assholes cause Maynard to not want to "put himself out there" emotionally anymore. There's plenty of material to write about besides yourself, but when it comes from the heart like that it tends to become classic in some sort of way. Oh well, in a way that sort of signals the beginning of the end of TOOL as we know them. Sigh.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #56
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:

...fucknshit
DUH!!! Great time to realize that. I'm glad I appreciated it every one of the 5 times I saw it performed. Very moving experience having lost my father mere months before. You're right, we probably won't see that again, and if so, very rarely. I've seen TOOL 16 times and only seen Third Eye performed once. I hate that the drunk disrespecting assholes cause Maynard to not want to "put himself out there" emotionally anymore. There's plenty of material to write about besides yourself, but when it comes from the heart like that it tends to become classic in some sort of way. Oh well, in a way that sort of signals the beginning of the end of TOOL as we know them. Sigh.
05-18-2008, 06:39 AM

I subscribe to Revolver, so I got my copy in the mail a couple of weeks ago. But, I have seen it on the shelves of several stores in the last two days. Good luck to anyone looking for it. Ebay sucks for stuff like this.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #57
On Probation

I subscribe to Revolver, so I got my copy in the mail a couple of weeks ago. But, I have seen it on the shelves of several stores in the last two days. Good luck to anyone looking for it. Ebay sucks for stuff like this.
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:

...fucknshit

My mom and I were fortunate enough to share seeing wing live, it sounds cheesy but after the song i gave her a hug. I dunno, it just made me appreciate that moment being alive with her and thankful we both experienced that moment. After the show (her frist tool concert actually), we went to the traditional meeting place after concerts, dennys, and i told her that will be the last time tool will probably ever perform that song. I just felt that the song is too long, and after the 10kd tour they probably wont have it in rotation, except for maybe a rare occasion.

on another note, i wish they would fucking play 'the grudge' again live.. i dunno why that song has been dropped from the lineup, it made such an awesome opener.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #58
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:

...fucknshit

My mom and I were fortunate enough to share seeing wing live, it sounds cheesy but after the song i gave her a hug. I dunno, it just made me appreciate that moment being alive with her and thankful we both experienced that moment. After the show (her frist tool concert actually), we went to the traditional meeting place after concerts, dennys, and i told her that will be the last time tool will probably ever perform that song. I just felt that the song is too long, and after the 10kd tour they probably wont have it in rotation, except for maybe a rare occasion.

on another note, i wish they would fucking play 'the grudge' again live.. i dunno why that song has been dropped from the lineup, it made such an awesome opener.
05-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
hmm, i just hope this wont hinder the lyrics from maynard, you know thinking about performing live and such.

I was also at the san diego show (not when i took my mom) and i remember that comment about drunken idiots, i just remember thinking at the time, "man, maynard should lighten up a bit and realize not everyone is going to receive, or want to receive that message." ..something along those lines.. i was also disgusted at the people moshing and shit to the 'heavy' parts of the song.. it just did not seem right. Not out of disrespect or anything, but i think for that show I sat down and took it in. I dont even recall having the urge to bob my head.

p.s- I found the magazine while I was at frys looking for Adobe InDesign. I just thought, hmm I wonder if they have the tool mag. and sure enough two were available. I kinda wish i bought both, just to hang on to one and be an ass and sell it on ebay at a later date. Who knows though, i would probably put the buy it now for 7 bucks or so though... knowing me.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-18-2008 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #59
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
hmm, i just hope this wont hinder the lyrics from maynard, you know thinking about performing live and such.

I was also at the san diego show (not when i took my mom) and i remember that comment about drunken idiots, i just remember thinking at the time, "man, maynard should lighten up a bit and realize not everyone is going to receive, or want to receive that message." ..something along those lines.. i was also disgusted at the people moshing and shit to the 'heavy' parts of the song.. it just did not seem right. Not out of disrespect or anything, but i think for that show I sat down and took it in. I dont even recall having the urge to bob my head.

p.s- I found the magazine while I was at frys looking for Adobe InDesign. I just thought, hmm I wonder if they have the tool mag. and sure enough two were available. I kinda wish i bought both, just to hang on to one and be an ass and sell it on ebay at a later date. Who knows though, i would probably put the buy it now for 7 bucks or so though... knowing me.

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-18-2008 at 12:32 PM..
Angel on the Sideline
05-19-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:

...fucknshit
Elusiv:

Worry not. They'll print more. I'm a magazine editor for a living and I can tell you firsthand that when an issue sells out and is in demand more of it will be printed. Two of Revolver's best selling issues ever have had TOOL on the cover. They likely did this special issue for the sole purpose of jump starting slow sales. They'll print more if the demand is there.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

...fucknshit
Elusiv:

Worry not. They'll print more. I'm a magazine editor for a living and I can tell you firsthand that when an issue sells out and is in demand more of it will be printed. Two of Revolver's best selling issues ever have had TOOL on the cover. They likely did this special issue for the sole purpose of jump starting slow sales. They'll print more if the demand is there.
dancingflame
05-20-2008, 09:26 AM

so- whats the deal now? read somewhere that there are mostly older interviews and not really much new in that magazine...I live in germany and its quite difficult to get the paper here and I don`t want to spend so much money on it (rather I got and buy a new aenima-cd with hologramme-cover)...whatever...just a question...:)
Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

so- whats the deal now? read somewhere that there are mostly older interviews and not really much new in that magazine...I live in germany and its quite difficult to get the paper here and I don`t want to spend so much money on it (rather I got and buy a new aenima-cd with hologramme-cover)...whatever...just a question...:)
mvb
05-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Yeah, never knew the whole creating of laterlus was a coincidence instead of carefully planned and meaningful song.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 PM   #62
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

Yeah, never knew the whole creating of laterlus was a coincidence instead of carefully planned and meaningful song.
dissectional's Avatar dissectional
05-21-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb View Post
There's footage of Lateralus (the song) in its infancy being jammed on in their rehearsal space if you look hard enough. Its quite interesting to hear and see the beginnings of the outro being toyed with, coupled with a retarded looking Adam Jones shrugging his shoulders due to lack of ideas.

Eventually though something came to him as is evident at that song's final incarnation. I love the jamming process and its especially cool to see historical footage of bands I like muck around with ideas that eventually turn into monsters.

- Mr. Keenan
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb View Post
There's footage of Lateralus (the song) in its infancy being jammed on in their rehearsal space if you look hard enough. Its quite interesting to hear and see the beginnings of the outro being toyed with, coupled with a retarded looking Adam Jones shrugging his shoulders due to lack of ideas.

Eventually though something came to him as is evident at that song's final incarnation. I love the jamming process and its especially cool to see historical footage of bands I like muck around with ideas that eventually turn into monsters.

- Mr. Keenan
mvb
05-21-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissectional View Post

You mean footage on bootleg sites or youtube?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #64
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

You mean footage on bootleg sites or youtube?
jwb's Avatar jwb
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Just went by my local Barnes & Nobles and they had a fresh shipment of the TOOL issue of Revolver in, so check again if you missed out the first time around.

Last edited by jwb; 05-22-2008 at 03:56 AM..
Old 05-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #65
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Just went by my local Barnes & Nobles and they had a fresh shipment of the TOOL issue of Revolver in, so check again if you missed out the first time around.

Last edited by jwb; 05-22-2008 at 03:56 AM..
Agenda's Avatar Agenda
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Just went by my local Barnes & Nobles and they had a fresh shipment of the TOOL issue of Revolver in, so check again if you missed out the first time around or give me a shout and I'll hook you up.

Hey Adam I just got the copy you sent me. Thanks again. Did you get my payment?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Just went by my local Barnes & Nobles and they had a fresh shipment of the TOOL issue of Revolver in, so check again if you missed out the first time around or give me a shout and I'll hook you up.

Hey Adam I just got the copy you sent me. Thanks again. Did you get my payment?
05-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destination experiment View Post
Some were older interviews, but there's some pretty heavy duty info in there regarding the journey of each album. There's also explanations about songs that I had never heard before, in fact I always thought they refused to explain. Lateralus the song, for example.

It's worth the read.
damn! that sounds good! O_O
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Some were older interviews, but there's some pretty heavy duty info in there regarding the journey of each album. There's also explanations about songs that I had never heard before, in fact I always thought they refused to explain. Lateralus the song, for example.

It's worth the read.
damn! that sounds good! O_O
jwb's Avatar jwb
05-22-2008, 03:55 AM

got it. thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #68
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

got it. thanks.
dancingflame
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM

?nacs
Old 05-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

?nacs
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
05-23-2008, 05:22 AM

yeah i got it. i live in the uk and i got someone from the USA to post me a copy. yes it is worth the money. things like knowing maynard is in the PARABOLA video is a blessing.

and seeing danny carey's kit from an overhead view is another amazing picture.

the interview with alex grey is also interesting.

yes this mag is worth every penny. thanks TOOL and revolver.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #70

yeah i got it. i live in the uk and i got someone from the USA to post me a copy. yes it is worth the money. things like knowing maynard is in the PARABOLA video is a blessing.

and seeing danny carey's kit from an overhead view is another amazing picture.

the interview with alex grey is also interesting.

yes this mag is worth every penny. thanks TOOL and revolver.
dancingflame
05-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post
?nacs
shame on me- how much does it cost d´to have it sent overseas?
Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post
?nacs
shame on me- how much does it cost d´to have it sent overseas?
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
Elusiv:

Thanks for the re-assurance. I actually just got a notice a couple days ago that it has been shipped. I'll have it soon, hopefully before I head out on the road for 10 days on a school trip. It would make for nice reading material to pass the long hours on the Interstate.

Quote:

How would one go about finding this footage? Tool's creative process is something i would love to see more of.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #72
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
Elusiv:

Thanks for the re-assurance. I actually just got a notice a couple days ago that it has been shipped. I'll have it soon, hopefully before I head out on the road for 10 days on a school trip. It would make for nice reading material to pass the long hours on the Interstate.

Quote:

How would one go about finding this footage? Tool's creative process is something i would love to see more of.
Kody27
05-26-2008, 07:45 AM

i've seen the footage of tool jammin lateralus the song in their rehearsal space but it wasn't "in it's infancy" it was the actual song. and no maynard
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #73
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

i've seen the footage of tool jammin lateralus the song in their rehearsal space but it wasn't "in it's infancy" it was the actual song. and no maynard
Kedzie_Matthews
05-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BSc74ltoZy4
Old 05-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #74
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 763

Quote:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BSc74ltoZy4
solidabyss
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM

yeah, the footage was taken by the guy that is/or was suppose to make the new website design for them. quite a while back he had a long video showing some concepts he had which looked cool (lots of asian deamons), he also made the intro thing you see when you first go to their website, with the colorful things swirling around.

and as for anything coming about from the new album, i wouldnt expect it anytime soon seeing as they just got back together in the jam room in april (as well did king crimson :-D )

Last edited by solidabyss; 05-26-2008 at 10:48 PM..
Old 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

yeah, the footage was taken by the guy that is/or was suppose to make the new website design for them. quite a while back he had a long video showing some concepts he had which looked cool (lots of asian deamons), he also made the intro thing you see when you first go to their website, with the colorful things swirling around.

and as for anything coming about from the new album, i wouldnt expect it anytime soon seeing as they just got back together in the jam room in april (as well did king crimson :-D )

Last edited by solidabyss; 05-26-2008 at 10:48 PM..
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
05-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I am very curious of what those that have read the magazine think of the implications of Blair's recent mystery and the band expressing their desire of playing new songs live before recording...

It would make my heart smile to see something along the lines of a live premier of the new album.
that would never happen now with TOOL. danny said something like with bootleggers about who record shows and downloading sites, it would not happen.

they did that with the 2 live tracks on opiate, but he said it would never happen again.

and blair just really talks about danny's and his interest with the occult. they met in the mid 80's and he was the one who suggested to carey about the setting up of his kit to tie in with his size and his beliefs, if you get my say.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #76

Quote:
I am very curious of what those that have read the magazine think of the implications of Blair's recent mystery and the band expressing their desire of playing new songs live before recording...

It would make my heart smile to see something along the lines of a live premier of the new album.
that would never happen now with TOOL. danny said something like with bootleggers about who record shows and downloading sites, it would not happen.

they did that with the 2 live tracks on opiate, but he said it would never happen again.

and blair just really talks about danny's and his interest with the occult. they met in the mid 80's and he was the one who suggested to carey about the setting up of his kit to tie in with his size and his beliefs, if you get my say.
Kody27
05-29-2008, 07:17 AM

yes but tool is always one step ahead of our expectations.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #77
On Probation

yes but tool is always one step ahead of our expectations.
Kody27
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM

so there's been like 5 years in between any tool "product" and it's 2 years since their last one and now all of a sudden they're behind expectations....riiiight. what more do you want, would you actually like it if they pushed out an album a year because it's in their contract like other bands? And yeah i guess you have to be a fan of tool not to be a stubborn douche bag about their work progress.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #78
On Probation

so there's been like 5 years in between any tool "product" and it's 2 years since their last one and now all of a sudden they're behind expectations....riiiight. what more do you want, would you actually like it if they pushed out an album a year because it's in their contract like other bands? And yeah i guess you have to be a fan of tool not to be a stubborn douche bag about their work progress.
fawks
05-30-2008, 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=
Tool has the aura of "fuck you" about them, and that's fine, but they shouldn't be surprised when that finger is returned.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree
Although, i get that feeling way more through Maynard than any of the other members.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #79
Level 4 - Thinker

[QUOTE=
Tool has the aura of "fuck you" about them, and that's fine, but they shouldn't be surprised when that finger is returned.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree
Although, i get that feeling way more through Maynard than any of the other members.
$avage's Avatar $avage
05-30-2008, 06:46 AM

Originally 10k Days was a good album, but it lacked the personal feel to me that Aenima and Lateralus did. There never was a point in time when I was like 'Damn, this is brilliant' which I've said in my mind time and time again with the two prior releases. It's a good album with some good grooves but it definitely didn't meet my expectations, but I still enjoy it. It isn't bad, or even sub-par to me in anyway. It just isn't that classic album that I got spoiled on with the others.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #80
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Originally 10k Days was a good album, but it lacked the personal feel to me that Aenima and Lateralus did. There never was a point in time when I was like 'Damn, this is brilliant' which I've said in my mind time and time again with the two prior releases. It's a good album with some good grooves but it definitely didn't meet my expectations, but I still enjoy it. It isn't bad, or even sub-par to me in anyway. It just isn't that classic album that I got spoiled on with the others.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply