Forty-six & 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings 1+2
Lateralus (ext. w/ Kinksi)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by marcus; 08-02-2009 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext.)
Forty-six & 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings 1+2
Lateralus (ext. w/ Kinksi)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by marcus; 08-02-2009 at 10:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
neondistraction462
05-26-2007, 08:41 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ Kinski)
Vicarious

Just got back from the concert. Amazing show! Second time to see them in as many weeks and they were just as good the second time as the first. It didn't look like they messed up the entire time either. Maynard talked alot more than he did the first time I saw him in Southaven. Didn't close with Aenima or play Right in Two but definitely made up for it with Pushit. Almost the entire crowd freaked when they played the opening riff to it. Once again, a great show and can't wait to see them again in Cape Girardeau.

Last edited by neondistraction462; 05-26-2007 at 08:47 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ Kinski)
Vicarious

Just got back from the concert. Amazing show! Second time to see them in as many weeks and they were just as good the second time as the first. It didn't look like they messed up the entire time either. Maynard talked alot more than he did the first time I saw him in Southaven. Didn't close with Aenima or play Right in Two but definitely made up for it with Pushit. Almost the entire crowd freaked when they played the opening riff to it. Once again, a great show and can't wait to see them again in Cape Girardeau.

Last edited by neondistraction462; 05-26-2007 at 08:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
bhamfan63
05-26-2007, 09:32 PM

HOLY FUCK THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN, it was my first time to see Tool, i dont see how anyone could possibly complain about these shows, PUSHIT HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flipped my shit, it seemed like MJK really dug, but maybe he just puts on a good show, but he did say a lot more than people have been saying he does. After Jambi he had my favorite comment with "ALA - FUCK YEA - BAMA" it was an amazing show, everything was tight, the band was receptive, the laser light show was amazing, my view was great, it was just amazing, i want to go to 20 more shows right now, did i mention we got PUSHIT?!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

HOLY FUCK THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN, it was my first time to see Tool, i dont see how anyone could possibly complain about these shows, PUSHIT HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flipped my shit, it seemed like MJK really dug, but maybe he just puts on a good show, but he did say a lot more than people have been saying he does. After Jambi he had my favorite comment with "ALA - FUCK YEA - BAMA" it was an amazing show, everything was tight, the band was receptive, the laser light show was amazing, my view was great, it was just amazing, i want to go to 20 more shows right now, did i mention we got PUSHIT?!!!
OFFLINE |  
spiralout41
05-26-2007, 10:26 PM

"Hope you enjoyed the popcorn!!! Consider that your bonus..."

"Kinski come on down you are the next contestant on the Price is Right"

/\ COURTESY OF MJK /\ (Much more talkative tonight than the last couple shows)

My god this show rocked!!! Except for the couple in front of me pretty much missing the whole show because they sucked face the whole time!! I was SECTION 201 ROW F, anyone around there??? ANYHOW!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT!!! Yea PUSHIT!!! OMG.... Nothing more to say!!! Cant wait to see them in ATL - FUCK YEAH - ANTA!!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

"Hope you enjoyed the popcorn!!! Consider that your bonus..."

"Kinski come on down you are the next contestant on the Price is Right"

/\ COURTESY OF MJK /\ (Much more talkative tonight than the last couple shows)

My god this show rocked!!! Except for the couple in front of me pretty much missing the whole show because they sucked face the whole time!! I was SECTION 201 ROW F, anyone around there??? ANYHOW!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT!!! Yea PUSHIT!!! OMG.... Nothing more to say!!! Cant wait to see them in ATL - FUCK YEAH - ANTA!!!!
OFFLINE |  
dilaudid's Avatar dilaudid
05-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Really great show. Third time seeing them, the first being their show at Oak Mountain last tour. The last half of the show was REALLY strong, from lost keys on. There were a lot of loud, obnoxious drunks in my section that screamed way too much, with one guy in particular that would not stop yelling out, "You know what time it is? TOOL TIME!! IT'S TOOL TIME EVERYONE! Hope Tim Allen doesn't show up! huh huh huh" If you're reading this, whoever you are, fuck you. love; dude with a ponytail a row in front of you, five seats to the left.

The sort of intermission right before they (I think) played Wings/10,000 Days was really cool. They started pumping smoke into the air for the lasers, and had a laser painting a really sweet flowing red pattern on the center screen, all while they played a looping track that sounded like an alien ship was landing near by (made me wish I had brought a joint...). That was the most memorable moment for me. Everyone broke out their lighters then and held them up for a good minute, even though there was no real music being played.

Right before they went into Vicarious, Maynard thanked us for coming out, and said he was glad that we weren't soaking wet this time (glad they remembered, because I sure do...)

Last edited by dilaudid; 05-26-2007 at 10:38 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Really great show. Third time seeing them, the first being their show at Oak Mountain last tour. The last half of the show was REALLY strong, from lost keys on. There were a lot of loud, obnoxious drunks in my section that screamed way too much, with one guy in particular that would not stop yelling out, "You know what time it is? TOOL TIME!! IT'S TOOL TIME EVERYONE! Hope Tim Allen doesn't show up! huh huh huh" If you're reading this, whoever you are, fuck you. love; dude with a ponytail a row in front of you, five seats to the left.

The sort of intermission right before they (I think) played Wings/10,000 Days was really cool. They started pumping smoke into the air for the lasers, and had a laser painting a really sweet flowing red pattern on the center screen, all while they played a looping track that sounded like an alien ship was landing near by (made me wish I had brought a joint...). That was the most memorable moment for me. Everyone broke out their lighters then and held them up for a good minute, even though there was no real music being played.

Right before they went into Vicarious, Maynard thanked us for coming out, and said he was glad that we weren't soaking wet this time (glad they remembered, because I sure do...)

Last edited by dilaudid; 05-26-2007 at 10:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
rabidardvark
05-26-2007, 11:04 PM

So Kinski played for 30 not bad at all alot of energy tonight the crowd and the band were awesome. 3 extended songs omg and let me mention my friend converted to Maynardism after Pushit which btw was mind blowing. Adam messed up in Vicarious but covered his tracks really well and it was hardly noticable. All in all a fucking awesome show I was waiting for MJK to make it rain this time.
Quote:
"Thanks for coming out glad it was dry this time" He remembered......... Fuck Yea!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

So Kinski played for 30 not bad at all alot of energy tonight the crowd and the band were awesome. 3 extended songs omg and let me mention my friend converted to Maynardism after Pushit which btw was mind blowing. Adam messed up in Vicarious but covered his tracks really well and it was hardly noticable. All in all a fucking awesome show I was waiting for MJK to make it rain this time.
Quote:
"Thanks for coming out glad it was dry this time" He remembered......... Fuck Yea!
OFFLINE |  
paradoxgirl
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM

The setlist that is listed above is correct.

The show was AWESOME. I first saw Tool in Atlanta on May 15th at the Tabernacle on the day Lateralus was released. I must say, they are still flawless!

At first I was confused about the lasers. I had read about them, but none were seen until mid-concert. It was indeed spectacular.

Maynard and all of the guys hit everything perfectly. I did notice that there were some confusing echos in the vocals, but I am not sure if it is intentional or just due to my crappy location (extreme right of the stage).

I was so stoked that they did Pushit. I was sorta sad about Right In Two being cut, but it was a fair trade I suppose. Perhaps they didn't play it because of all the conservative people in the south??

Also, from what I've read here, Maynard talked more to the crowd than any other show. He opened up with something like "How are you Bama?" He also remembered that last time they were at the same venue (approx 7 yrs ago or so) that it rained. He spoke quite a bit. I was pleasantly shocked. I figured they would end with Lateralus, but they didn't.

The crowd was very into the performance as well. When they went into the guitar solo on Stinkfist, you could hear the crowd roaring "i'll keep digging...". They were pretty into Jambi as well. This is the first time I have ever seen the Verizon Wireless center near max capacity ever since it added the crappy third tier.

I had the pleasure of meeting a nice guy named Jeremy who came to see the show from San Diego...he got a ticket the day of the show that was 2nd tier, row C, while I woke up early on the day they went on sale and had an army of helpers and the best I could score (at the very second tickets were available) was 2nd tier, row V. argh.

Maynard was dancing and moving about quite a bit, it was enjoyable to watch. From my viewpoint, I couldn't see the whole stage, but the lighting and effects were very rad. The white stage added something special also.

Last edited by paradoxgirl; 05-26-2007 at 11:59 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

The setlist that is listed above is correct.

The show was AWESOME. I first saw Tool in Atlanta on May 15th at the Tabernacle on the day Lateralus was released. I must say, they are still flawless!

At first I was confused about the lasers. I had read about them, but none were seen until mid-concert. It was indeed spectacular.

Maynard and all of the guys hit everything perfectly. I did notice that there were some confusing echos in the vocals, but I am not sure if it is intentional or just due to my crappy location (extreme right of the stage).

I was so stoked that they did Pushit. I was sorta sad about Right In Two being cut, but it was a fair trade I suppose. Perhaps they didn't play it because of all the conservative people in the south??

Also, from what I've read here, Maynard talked more to the crowd than any other show. He opened up with something like "How are you Bama?" He also remembered that last time they were at the same venue (approx 7 yrs ago or so) that it rained. He spoke quite a bit. I was pleasantly shocked. I figured they would end with Lateralus, but they didn't.

The crowd was very into the performance as well. When they went into the guitar solo on Stinkfist, you could hear the crowd roaring "i'll keep digging...". They were pretty into Jambi as well. This is the first time I have ever seen the Verizon Wireless center near max capacity ever since it added the crappy third tier.

I had the pleasure of meeting a nice guy named Jeremy who came to see the show from San Diego...he got a ticket the day of the show that was 2nd tier, row C, while I woke up early on the day they went on sale and had an army of helpers and the best I could score (at the very second tickets were available) was 2nd tier, row V. argh.

Maynard was dancing and moving about quite a bit, it was enjoyable to watch. From my viewpoint, I couldn't see the whole stage, but the lighting and effects were very rad. The white stage added something special also.

Last edited by paradoxgirl; 05-26-2007 at 11:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-26-2007, 11:35 PM

paradox girl, will you marry me?

oh the show? absolute perfection. good to see my baby boy mr chris googlewell.

vicarious?

why the fuck not-

(with props to knobby?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/IMG_0195.jpg
Old 05-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

paradox girl, will you marry me?

oh the show? absolute perfection. good to see my baby boy mr chris googlewell.

vicarious?

why the fuck not-

(with props to knobby?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/IMG_0195.jpg
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-26-2007, 11:46 PM

oh yeah, i was in the parking lot for the soundcheck. you could hear it perfectly. they did most of stinkfist and some of lateralus and just to ket yall know whats coming, a full intension. i guess they are warming it up, i had hoped to get the live debut of it, but they didnt make it happen. its coming soon though, i promise.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

oh yeah, i was in the parking lot for the soundcheck. you could hear it perfectly. they did most of stinkfist and some of lateralus and just to ket yall know whats coming, a full intension. i guess they are warming it up, i had hoped to get the live debut of it, but they didnt make it happen. its coming soon though, i promise.
OFFLINE |  
DRoehl
05-27-2007, 12:18 AM

Setlist is correct!!! PUSHIT!!!
fucking amazing

I got to hear the whole sound check
the played Jambi, Stinkfist, some of lateralus, intension, some of right in to and a few other "jams" that were unfamiliar

fucking brilliant show. Sound was amazing!! AMAZING!
Really good venue!!! acoustics are really good and not a bad seat in the house.
Pushit was fucking awsome.

Was really looking foward to Right in to but would have rather had Pushit! From my perspective the crowd was good (not really any place to mosh) so had a great view and the sound was perfect!
Cannot wait to see them in ATL and SC next week and I don't care if its the same setlist!
Really loved that they remembered the last time they played there with the fucking monsoon that happened! Those of you who were there know what I am talking about!
Spiral out....Keep going!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Setlist is correct!!! PUSHIT!!!
fucking amazing

I got to hear the whole sound check
the played Jambi, Stinkfist, some of lateralus, intension, some of right in to and a few other "jams" that were unfamiliar

fucking brilliant show. Sound was amazing!! AMAZING!
Really good venue!!! acoustics are really good and not a bad seat in the house.
Pushit was fucking awsome.

Was really looking foward to Right in to but would have rather had Pushit! From my perspective the crowd was good (not really any place to mosh) so had a great view and the sound was perfect!
Cannot wait to see them in ATL and SC next week and I don't care if its the same setlist!
Really loved that they remembered the last time they played there with the fucking monsoon that happened! Those of you who were there know what I am talking about!
Spiral out....Keep going!!!
OFFLINE |  
Khastra_KSC's Avatar Khastra_KSC
05-27-2007, 12:31 AM

All I have to say is... It was worth the drive from Atl.

Section 102, Row A, Seats 5&6. Yeah... Thats right. Front and center.

Suck it.

This was mine and my g/f's first time seein' T00L. Awesome. Jambi opened great... Stinkfist... Pushit... You know...
There were actually a few messups... But I can't remember where they were cuz they recovered so well. Very tight playing from the boys for sure.

Kinski actually really fucking rocked! I was surprised.
And the going away present thingy was really funny. Definatly gave the night a speial feel.

Extended Lateralus... I'll take it.

Awesome show. Very impressed. Can't wait 'till ATLANTA!!!

See ya there.

__KARL__
Old 05-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #11
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173

All I have to say is... It was worth the drive from Atl.

Section 102, Row A, Seats 5&6. Yeah... Thats right. Front and center.

Suck it.

This was mine and my g/f's first time seein' T00L. Awesome. Jambi opened great... Stinkfist... Pushit... You know...
There were actually a few messups... But I can't remember where they were cuz they recovered so well. Very tight playing from the boys for sure.

Kinski actually really fucking rocked! I was surprised.
And the going away present thingy was really funny. Definatly gave the night a speial feel.

Extended Lateralus... I'll take it.

Awesome show. Very impressed. Can't wait 'till ATLANTA!!!

See ya there.

__KARL__
OFFLINE |  
Chris_Brightwell's Avatar Chris_Brightwell
05-27-2007, 12:58 AM

This is the first Tool show I've seen since November of 2002 and, in a few words, it was well worth the wait.

This was my 10th Tool show, my wife's 8th, my friend's 2nd, another friend's 2nd or 3rd, and her brother's 1st. A good time was had by all, to say the least, and I'm glad it didn't rain. I'd love to see those lasers in the rain, though.

Wings 1+2 were a bit anti-climactic for me, as was Rosetta Stoned, but I enjoyed them. I just just think of 10 or 12 songs I'd *rather* hear than either of those. Hearing Pushit was nice. The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.

Maynard seemed to enjoy being back in "Ala-'fuck yeah'-bama." The band was as solid as I've ever seen them. The sound was a bit lacking in places, but that might've been due to me being all the way up in the third tier.

Maynard had a good laugh at the crowd's expense during the extended bridge on Stinkfist. I always wondered if they laughed at that, but I'd never heard the mic in his hand pick it up. You'd think that, after ten years, people would know that Stinkfist isn't what it used to be.

Overall, a spectacular show. I'm looking forward to what Bonnaroo may bring.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #12
meh.

Bincount™: 1074

This is the first Tool show I've seen since November of 2002 and, in a few words, it was well worth the wait.

This was my 10th Tool show, my wife's 8th, my friend's 2nd, another friend's 2nd or 3rd, and her brother's 1st. A good time was had by all, to say the least, and I'm glad it didn't rain. I'd love to see those lasers in the rain, though.

Wings 1+2 were a bit anti-climactic for me, as was Rosetta Stoned, but I enjoyed them. I just just think of 10 or 12 songs I'd *rather* hear than either of those. Hearing Pushit was nice. The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.

Maynard seemed to enjoy being back in "Ala-'fuck yeah'-bama." The band was as solid as I've ever seen them. The sound was a bit lacking in places, but that might've been due to me being all the way up in the third tier.

Maynard had a good laugh at the crowd's expense during the extended bridge on Stinkfist. I always wondered if they laughed at that, but I'd never heard the mic in his hand pick it up. You'd think that, after ten years, people would know that Stinkfist isn't what it used to be.

Overall, a spectacular show. I'm looking forward to what Bonnaroo may bring.
grimLoK
05-27-2007, 01:02 AM

this was my 5th TooL show and i say, possibly with a slight bias, that the two best i've seen were in birmingham. how can you beat seeing TooL play 'aenima' in the pouring rain? (besides seeing TooL play 'flood' in the rain). well, you can see them not play it at all, and play, instead, 'wings for marie'/ '10,000 days' and 'pushit' in perfect weather. i agree, maynard was talkative, but not nearly as talkative as the last time they were here. although having great seats, i could barely make out the price is right bit. i thought he said that because the crowd ,from my vantage point, was rabid, not because he was introducing a guest (who did a great job on lateralus, by the way). after seeing them on the warm up tour in dallas i thought that this show was much tighter. the set list was great, too, although i would've loved to hear 'right in two'. and to the writer who thought the didn't play it because they were in the south i don't know what to say. i saw TooL in biloxi, ms years back and they played 'opiate', so i would think the region the band's playing in doesn't affect the setlist. anyway, the band sounded great. i paid a hefty fee to ticketmaster for 16th row seats but my kind friend and my brother allowed my girlfriend and me to stand with them in the 2nd row in front of adam, which was nice. some a-hole stole my $43 shirt so i had to buy a new one (thanks, jerk). so all in all, after paying $400 for four tickets, $56 for alcohol, and approximately $120 for three cotton t-shirts it was a priceless evening. i was thrilled to hear 'rosetta stoned' for the second time. that's just as good as hearing 'third eye' live (which i've never seen them play) in my opinion. well if if's and but's... you know the rest. i hope TooL enjoys playing in birmingham because it's much easier on me to drive to oak mountain than to say, biloxi, pensacola, or dallas. i feel like the crowd is always great here (with the exception of the tard who stole my shirt). i talked to a lot of people from all over and hope they enjoyed birmingham as well. anyway, although the new songs are freaking great and the setlist was fantastic, for me, i would say, pushit was the highlight of the show. great show. and i hope anyone who hears 'right in two' on the rest of the tour burns in hell. kidding. there's no such thing.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

this was my 5th TooL show and i say, possibly with a slight bias, that the two best i've seen were in birmingham. how can you beat seeing TooL play 'aenima' in the pouring rain? (besides seeing TooL play 'flood' in the rain). well, you can see them not play it at all, and play, instead, 'wings for marie'/ '10,000 days' and 'pushit' in perfect weather. i agree, maynard was talkative, but not nearly as talkative as the last time they were here. although having great seats, i could barely make out the price is right bit. i thought he said that because the crowd ,from my vantage point, was rabid, not because he was introducing a guest (who did a great job on lateralus, by the way). after seeing them on the warm up tour in dallas i thought that this show was much tighter. the set list was great, too, although i would've loved to hear 'right in two'. and to the writer who thought the didn't play it because they were in the south i don't know what to say. i saw TooL in biloxi, ms years back and they played 'opiate', so i would think the region the band's playing in doesn't affect the setlist. anyway, the band sounded great. i paid a hefty fee to ticketmaster for 16th row seats but my kind friend and my brother allowed my girlfriend and me to stand with them in the 2nd row in front of adam, which was nice. some a-hole stole my $43 shirt so i had to buy a new one (thanks, jerk). so all in all, after paying $400 for four tickets, $56 for alcohol, and approximately $120 for three cotton t-shirts it was a priceless evening. i was thrilled to hear 'rosetta stoned' for the second time. that's just as good as hearing 'third eye' live (which i've never seen them play) in my opinion. well if if's and but's... you know the rest. i hope TooL enjoys playing in birmingham because it's much easier on me to drive to oak mountain than to say, biloxi, pensacola, or dallas. i feel like the crowd is always great here (with the exception of the tard who stole my shirt). i talked to a lot of people from all over and hope they enjoyed birmingham as well. anyway, although the new songs are freaking great and the setlist was fantastic, for me, i would say, pushit was the highlight of the show. great show. and i hope anyone who hears 'right in two' on the rest of the tour burns in hell. kidding. there's no such thing.
OFFLINE |  
booty0
05-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Last time I saw Tool was the in support of Undertow... 13 years ago? It was at the Trocadero in Philly. I was blown away and knew then that they would be huge. Well, they didn't disappoint. Last night's show was brilliant. They rocked us hard for the first half, then cut loose with the lasers and blew our minds! The crowd was very enthusuastic and I believe that the band appreciated it. I hope they keep on keepin' on because nobody else out there does it like they do. Thanks for being here Tool. Pushit, dayum!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Last time I saw Tool was the in support of Undertow... 13 years ago? It was at the Trocadero in Philly. I was blown away and knew then that they would be huge. Well, they didn't disappoint. Last night's show was brilliant. They rocked us hard for the first half, then cut loose with the lasers and blew our minds! The crowd was very enthusuastic and I believe that the band appreciated it. I hope they keep on keepin' on because nobody else out there does it like they do. Thanks for being here Tool. Pushit, dayum!!!
OFFLINE |  
anu's Avatar anu
05-27-2007, 06:54 AM

Show started at 907pm and ended at 1103 pm. 1 hour and 56 minutes!!!

“& following our will & wind we may just go where no one's been.
we'll ride the spiral to the end & may just go where no one's been.”

And I may have just gone to where I’ve never been—to the Tool concert I hungered and ached for! May everyone who has ears to hear experience the healing power of what awaits you at this show!

On a magical May night at an outdoor venue graced by the sunset at showtime and a waxing moon high in the sky by show’s end, Tool brought 10,000 people from all over the region to Birmingham for the still strong 10,000 Days Tour—to then take a rock crowd on a prog-metal spiral to an inner constellation of crashing and crushing creativity.

Look folks—seats matter. We were not happy with our 300 level tickets and spent the whole night wearing our Harry Potter invisibility cloaks for weaving and wiggling throughout the venue. By the lighters hoisted “break” before the fierce final movements and moments, we ended up in abandoned “box seat”—the special reserved rows at the back of the 100-level section. Finally, I could feel the bass in my belly and balls and really appreciate the visionary video show for its pure psychedelic craft.

The long, gentle intro to “10,000 Days” and its sustained and building emotions suggests to me the sophisticated place where Tool gets its “prog” credentials. With “10,000 Days” and “Wings for Marie” working like movements in classical music and building to an epic crescendo, we immerse ourselves in a swirling baptism of bass, guitars, and drums seek solace when all the combined sounds construct an ear-bleeding symphony, a sweeping ocean of noise.

I had to shut out the side-chatter, the peripheral banter of people who thought that the opening parts to this piece were specially provided for the band for you to talk on the cell-phone and make other superficial comments to your concert-mates. Once I did, it was all over. At first, I was just misty eyed. By the smashing end of the song, I was a howling and convulsing and crying mess, feeling the pain and the joy that this song packs into one place and then releases to the sky. It wasn’t sadness or elation I felt but something deeper—perhaps the raw version of what this song symbolizes to me: the liberation wrought by both acceptance of love’s reality and defiance of religion’s hypocrisy.

Floating to the parking lot, I mused: Tool gave us our wings!!!

Look, I have much more to say, but we need to check out of the hotel and hit the road for Tennessee. I’m going to spin some of this into a published review for a webzine I edit, and I will also post more here.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #15
anu
Level 4 - Thinker

Show started at 907pm and ended at 1103 pm. 1 hour and 56 minutes!!!

“& following our will & wind we may just go where no one's been.
we'll ride the spiral to the end & may just go where no one's been.”

And I may have just gone to where I’ve never been—to the Tool concert I hungered and ached for! May everyone who has ears to hear experience the healing power of what awaits you at this show!

On a magical May night at an outdoor venue graced by the sunset at showtime and a waxing moon high in the sky by show’s end, Tool brought 10,000 people from all over the region to Birmingham for the still strong 10,000 Days Tour—to then take a rock crowd on a prog-metal spiral to an inner constellation of crashing and crushing creativity.

Look folks—seats matter. We were not happy with our 300 level tickets and spent the whole night wearing our Harry Potter invisibility cloaks for weaving and wiggling throughout the venue. By the lighters hoisted “break” before the fierce final movements and moments, we ended up in abandoned “box seat”—the special reserved rows at the back of the 100-level section. Finally, I could feel the bass in my belly and balls and really appreciate the visionary video show for its pure psychedelic craft.

The long, gentle intro to “10,000 Days” and its sustained and building emotions suggests to me the sophisticated place where Tool gets its “prog” credentials. With “10,000 Days” and “Wings for Marie” working like movements in classical music and building to an epic crescendo, we immerse ourselves in a swirling baptism of bass, guitars, and drums seek solace when all the combined sounds construct an ear-bleeding symphony, a sweeping ocean of noise.

I had to shut out the side-chatter, the peripheral banter of people who thought that the opening parts to this piece were specially provided for the band for you to talk on the cell-phone and make other superficial comments to your concert-mates. Once I did, it was all over. At first, I was just misty eyed. By the smashing end of the song, I was a howling and convulsing and crying mess, feeling the pain and the joy that this song packs into one place and then releases to the sky. It wasn’t sadness or elation I felt but something deeper—perhaps the raw version of what this song symbolizes to me: the liberation wrought by both acceptance of love’s reality and defiance of religion’s hypocrisy.

Floating to the parking lot, I mused: Tool gave us our wings!!!

Look, I have much more to say, but we need to check out of the hotel and hit the road for Tennessee. I’m going to spin some of this into a published review for a webzine I edit, and I will also post more here.
OFFLINE |  
Undertowaway's Avatar Undertowaway
05-27-2007, 07:51 AM

An Awesome show !! I was sec 103 row T. Sound was tight. Kinski was decent. This was my 2nd Tool show and I was shocked Maynard remembered the downpour back in 2001. Maynard laughed during Stinkfist when the crowd yelled I'll keep digging. He was very talkative. The only negative aspect would be the people around me who didn't appreciate the intro to Wing and took that time to talk to each other and act drunk and stupid. I lost my shit when they did Pushit. The Prison Sex tease was funny. Thank you Tool. I know ya'll are dead tired from a long tour that's nowhere near completion. Thanx for giving B'ham your all last night.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

An Awesome show !! I was sec 103 row T. Sound was tight. Kinski was decent. This was my 2nd Tool show and I was shocked Maynard remembered the downpour back in 2001. Maynard laughed during Stinkfist when the crowd yelled I'll keep digging. He was very talkative. The only negative aspect would be the people around me who didn't appreciate the intro to Wing and took that time to talk to each other and act drunk and stupid. I lost my shit when they did Pushit. The Prison Sex tease was funny. Thank you Tool. I know ya'll are dead tired from a long tour that's nowhere near completion. Thanx for giving B'ham your all last night.
05-27-2007, 08:25 AM

Just wanted to give props to the best show ever to come through B-ham...
I was at the last show and I braved three tornados..LOL..I was very impressed that Maynard acknowledged the fact and appreciates the fans here..B/c we LOVE YOU TOO...I waited almost 6 or 7 years for them to come back and I was not disappointed...And as for wishing there was some herbal remedy going around at the show..TRUST me when I say it was going strong in my area...But even without no one should care either way..IT was TOOL........I can't believe that it is over all ready....." ALA_FUCKIN_BAMA"........Can't wait to see you all again..I just hope it isnt that long..but I would wait forever....THANKS FROM YOUR FANS........
Old 05-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Just wanted to give props to the best show ever to come through B-ham...
I was at the last show and I braved three tornados..LOL..I was very impressed that Maynard acknowledged the fact and appreciates the fans here..B/c we LOVE YOU TOO...I waited almost 6 or 7 years for them to come back and I was not disappointed...And as for wishing there was some herbal remedy going around at the show..TRUST me when I say it was going strong in my area...But even without no one should care either way..IT was TOOL........I can't believe that it is over all ready....." ALA_FUCKIN_BAMA"........Can't wait to see you all again..I just hope it isnt that long..but I would wait forever....THANKS FROM YOUR FANS........
OFFLINE |  
E.T.'s Avatar E.T.
05-27-2007, 08:58 AM

I've seen TOOL on several occasions, this is definately one of the best shows I've seen. I too was in the monsoon the last time, not only that but at the VERY top of 300 and mostly remember Maynard saying something like "I'm glad you all came out to see us in the rain, I wouldn't have come see me". How COULD he forget that fucking storm... Anyhow, I was thoroughly pleased and moved almost to tears more than once. Kinski was great (my first time even hearing the name) and the light show was perfect. Kind of makes you feel a part of thew show being under the sea of lights. I too was behind some fucks that wanted to not only suck face the entire show, but talk loud enough that my wife was yelling "shut the fuck up" and they didn't hear. Later on one dumbass stood up in the chair in front of us and my wife told her hell no, when the chick held up a finger to say "wait a minute" I had to ask my wife to please not flip any further as I would be the one having to deal with , not her, but the sot guy next to her. Who comes to a show, much less a TOOL show, and doesn't pay attention to the show??? We do live in a very fucked up world. Despite the few inconveniences, it was one for the ages... Now if I could only get my hands on some ATL tickets. -E.T.

Me : http://www.myspace.com/ethree423

www.TheUnsatisfied.com

Me in a trailer (running)... www.thedevilthemovie.com (enter then teaser)
Old 05-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

I've seen TOOL on several occasions, this is definately one of the best shows I've seen. I too was in the monsoon the last time, not only that but at the VERY top of 300 and mostly remember Maynard saying something like "I'm glad you all came out to see us in the rain, I wouldn't have come see me". How COULD he forget that fucking storm... Anyhow, I was thoroughly pleased and moved almost to tears more than once. Kinski was great (my first time even hearing the name) and the light show was perfect. Kind of makes you feel a part of thew show being under the sea of lights. I too was behind some fucks that wanted to not only suck face the entire show, but talk loud enough that my wife was yelling "shut the fuck up" and they didn't hear. Later on one dumbass stood up in the chair in front of us and my wife told her hell no, when the chick held up a finger to say "wait a minute" I had to ask my wife to please not flip any further as I would be the one having to deal with , not her, but the sot guy next to her. Who comes to a show, much less a TOOL show, and doesn't pay attention to the show??? We do live in a very fucked up world. Despite the few inconveniences, it was one for the ages... Now if I could only get my hands on some ATL tickets. -E.T.

Me : http://www.myspace.com/ethree423

www.TheUnsatisfied.com

Me in a trailer (running)... www.thedevilthemovie.com (enter then teaser)
OFFLINE |  
spintran
05-27-2007, 08:58 AM

This was my first TOOL concert. I would just describe it as PURE BLISS. The show was so amazing I couldn't convey in thousand words. Set list was perfect. OMG PUSHIT... Even though I was sitting in section 303 row FF, the view was fantastic and the visuals looked picture perfect. The laser show was great during the Wings/10,000 days and lateralus. I really liked when, I guess it was Justin who first started lighter on the stage during the break, everyone in the audience lit their lighters. The extended version of Lateralus was the highlight of the night. By the way the opening band KINSKI did a great job. I was really lucky to be a part of this awesome show. Thanks TOOL for making this day one of the most memorable days of my life.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first TOOL concert. I would just describe it as PURE BLISS. The show was so amazing I couldn't convey in thousand words. Set list was perfect. OMG PUSHIT... Even though I was sitting in section 303 row FF, the view was fantastic and the visuals looked picture perfect. The laser show was great during the Wings/10,000 days and lateralus. I really liked when, I guess it was Justin who first started lighter on the stage during the break, everyone in the audience lit their lighters. The extended version of Lateralus was the highlight of the night. By the way the opening band KINSKI did a great job. I was really lucky to be a part of this awesome show. Thanks TOOL for making this day one of the most memorable days of my life.
OFFLINE |  
tuck's Avatar tuck
05-27-2007, 09:26 AM

I was worried going to this show. I have read many reviews of the shows they have done in the month before this show. I was worried that maynard wouldnt be into it, that they would all just stand there and play the setlist and walk off. That would have been great, but also a bit of a let down. It seems to me the band needs energy to give that extra bit that takes a show from being great to one that is spectacular and mind blowing. I think tool got that energy last night. They got it from the 10,000+ fans at the verizon wireless music amphitheatre.

They opended with Jambi. As I listened to the band absolutely knock it out of the park. I noticed something that I had not really expected. There was no moshing. There were no fights. No negative energy at all, in fact it was the opposite. There was an incredible feeling of positivity. To my surprise, the crowd new every fucking word to Jambi and sang it loud. I felt like I was at a sing along. A smile came across my face and as Jambi came to a close Maynard yells out, "Ala- fucking- bama". I saw this as a good sign as he was rarely speaking at his other shows.

And so, we welll upon or way as they kicked it into the extended version of stinkfist. As everyone above posted, Maynard got a big laugh out of the fact that the whole crowd yelled, "ILL KEEP DIGGING, Til I FEEL.....huh". I was one of those who did this and I did feel akward as did the other 10,000 people who sang it. It didnt matter....we all just looked around and chuckled to ourselves. Maynard was very animated and dancing around. Im soo glad he was into it, he put on a good show.

Then came 46&2. This used to be my favorite tool song. It was the song that got me hooked on tool. They killed it. Again the crowd was awesome. Singing every word of the song as loud as they could. In fact I couldnt tell if Maynards vocals were being drowned out by us or just some sound mixing problems. Ive read in other threads that Maynards vocals were not as audible and were being drowned by the other instruments. Maybe they are doing this intentionally. My wife was with me and shes not a big tool fan. I kind of told her what to expect and let her hear the songs before we went to the show so whe wouldnt be totally lost. She leaned over to me during this song and said, "look at the drummer, that is amazing." I just smiled and said, "yup, he's the best there is."

Schism. Very cool extended version. Maynard hit the notes of the "between supposed lovers" part....but I heard an echo to it which Im pretty sure was intentional and to me didnt sound that great.

Lost Keys/RS - I can not get those damn eery notes out of my head. I was so excited for RS this one of the songs I had really been looking forward to. Unfortunately, the vocals were not that audbile but I could pick out some of the verses. He does seem to be able do this song even faster than on the album which was pretty damn amazing. The other band members were right on time with this one. It sounded perfect. Obviously this is one of those songs that is not really one you can sing along with him but then came the climax.....and the crowd came right back into it. "OVERWHELMED AS ONE WOULD BE PLACED IN MY POSITION, SUCH A HEAVY BURDEN TO BE THE ONE...." You have never heard this song the right way until you hear 10,000 people singing this song in perfect unison with Maynard. It blew me away.

At this point, I leaned over to my wife and said, "this is where they play right in two." I knew they had been playing pushit in special circumstances but I really didnt think they would consider bham a special place, but as the crowd energy was so positive and Maynard and the boys seemed really into it......I heard those riffs and I could not believe my ears. What I had been thinking all along about the crowd being so wonderful was in fact solidified by the fact that they played pushit. It was as if the band was saying, "you guys are kick ass and here is your present". The crowd went absolutely nuts when adam started it and Maynard came through with , "saw the gap again today" and the crowd replied, "while you were begging me to stay" and then we all sang together, " take care not to make me enter, if I do we both may disappear"......I really dont have the words for how great they did this song. And I really am grateful that audience was so into it. Again we sang the whole song word for word right with Maynard and it had by brain melted. Some of the lyrics that sounded the best with all of us singing with him were....

"Slipping back into the gap again, Im alive when your touching me, alive when your shoving me down."

"But Id trade it all, for just a little piece of miiiiinnnndddd!!!!"

of course the part where he starts,"If say I might feel like a sigh if stayeeya, you minimize my movements anyway. I must persuade you another waaay!!!"

and then finally...."Remember I will always love you as I claw your fucking throat way, it will end no other way....it will end no other wayy!!!!"

The came wings/10,000 days. You havent heard this song til you hear it live. what a beautiful experience. We were all sitting down in our section just chiling out and enjoying one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. The lasers were amazing.

Lateralus. Just as everyone has said was one of the best. The lasers. the lights. the music. the singing. it was all incredibly well performed and the extended part was alright but I didnt get into it as much. but then kinski walked off and the band started playing the climax and again the crowd stepped it up as we all knew the set was coming to an end. Simply unbeleivable.

Finally, Vicarious, this song was probably my 5th or 6th favorite song on 10,000 days until I heard it live. Holy shit this song is increbile live and I loved it at the end when right before the climax he yells out to us encouraging us to sing it loud with him.." come on Bama!!" ....."VICARIOUSLY I, LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES, much better you than I."

The crowd cheered and cheered. tool seemed grateful and threw out picks, drum sticks, bottled water. they hugged. the crowd kept cheering and clapping not wanting it to end. then came the foot stomping which sounded like a small earthquake. Maynard walked off stage waving and bowing. Danny, adam and Justin stayed out for a bit longer bowing waving. No one wanted it to end....the lights came up. I felt a little empty but really grateful, I didnt think I would ever get to see them again after they came in 2001 on lateralus tour. But as I left the concert with my wife I thought to myself that the night could not have been any better (except for maynards vocal sound being low). It shook me. When I got back to the lake house. I couldnt go to sleep. I just sat on the porch reliving each moment I had just experienced during the show, while looking at a peaceful lake. Thank you tool.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 133

I was worried going to this show. I have read many reviews of the shows they have done in the month before this show. I was worried that maynard wouldnt be into it, that they would all just stand there and play the setlist and walk off. That would have been great, but also a bit of a let down. It seems to me the band needs energy to give that extra bit that takes a show from being great to one that is spectacular and mind blowing. I think tool got that energy last night. They got it from the 10,000+ fans at the verizon wireless music amphitheatre.

They opended with Jambi. As I listened to the band absolutely knock it out of the park. I noticed something that I had not really expected. There was no moshing. There were no fights. No negative energy at all, in fact it was the opposite. There was an incredible feeling of positivity. To my surprise, the crowd new every fucking word to Jambi and sang it loud. I felt like I was at a sing along. A smile came across my face and as Jambi came to a close Maynard yells out, "Ala- fucking- bama". I saw this as a good sign as he was rarely speaking at his other shows.

And so, we welll upon or way as they kicked it into the extended version of stinkfist. As everyone above posted, Maynard got a big laugh out of the fact that the whole crowd yelled, "ILL KEEP DIGGING, Til I FEEL.....huh". I was one of those who did this and I did feel akward as did the other 10,000 people who sang it. It didnt matter....we all just looked around and chuckled to ourselves. Maynard was very animated and dancing around. Im soo glad he was into it, he put on a good show.

Then came 46&2. This used to be my favorite tool song. It was the song that got me hooked on tool. They killed it. Again the crowd was awesome. Singing every word of the song as loud as they could. In fact I couldnt tell if Maynards vocals were being drowned out by us or just some sound mixing problems. Ive read in other threads that Maynards vocals were not as audible and were being drowned by the other instruments. Maybe they are doing this intentionally. My wife was with me and shes not a big tool fan. I kind of told her what to expect and let her hear the songs before we went to the show so whe wouldnt be totally lost. She leaned over to me during this song and said, "look at the drummer, that is amazing." I just smiled and said, "yup, he's the best there is."

Schism. Very cool extended version. Maynard hit the notes of the "between supposed lovers" part....but I heard an echo to it which Im pretty sure was intentional and to me didnt sound that great.

Lost Keys/RS - I can not get those damn eery notes out of my head. I was so excited for RS this one of the songs I had really been looking forward to. Unfortunately, the vocals were not that audbile but I could pick out some of the verses. He does seem to be able do this song even faster than on the album which was pretty damn amazing. The other band members were right on time with this one. It sounded perfect. Obviously this is one of those songs that is not really one you can sing along with him but then came the climax.....and the crowd came right back into it. "OVERWHELMED AS ONE WOULD BE PLACED IN MY POSITION, SUCH A HEAVY BURDEN TO BE THE ONE...." You have never heard this song the right way until you hear 10,000 people singing this song in perfect unison with Maynard. It blew me away.

At this point, I leaned over to my wife and said, "this is where they play right in two." I knew they had been playing pushit in special circumstances but I really didnt think they would consider bham a special place, but as the crowd energy was so positive and Maynard and the boys seemed really into it......I heard those riffs and I could not believe my ears. What I had been thinking all along about the crowd being so wonderful was in fact solidified by the fact that they played pushit. It was as if the band was saying, "you guys are kick ass and here is your present". The crowd went absolutely nuts when adam started it and Maynard came through with , "saw the gap again today" and the crowd replied, "while you were begging me to stay" and then we all sang together, " take care not to make me enter, if I do we both may disappear"......I really dont have the words for how great they did this song. And I really am grateful that audience was so into it. Again we sang the whole song word for word right with Maynard and it had by brain melted. Some of the lyrics that sounded the best with all of us singing with him were....

"Slipping back into the gap again, Im alive when your touching me, alive when your shoving me down."

"But Id trade it all, for just a little piece of miiiiinnnndddd!!!!"

of course the part where he starts,"If say I might feel like a sigh if stayeeya, you minimize my movements anyway. I must persuade you another waaay!!!"

and then finally...."Remember I will always love you as I claw your fucking throat way, it will end no other way....it will end no other wayy!!!!"

The came wings/10,000 days. You havent heard this song til you hear it live. what a beautiful experience. We were all sitting down in our section just chiling out and enjoying one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. The lasers were amazing.

Lateralus. Just as everyone has said was one of the best. The lasers. the lights. the music. the singing. it was all incredibly well performed and the extended part was alright but I didnt get into it as much. but then kinski walked off and the band started playing the climax and again the crowd stepped it up as we all knew the set was coming to an end. Simply unbeleivable.

Finally, Vicarious, this song was probably my 5th or 6th favorite song on 10,000 days until I heard it live. Holy shit this song is increbile live and I loved it at the end when right before the climax he yells out to us encouraging us to sing it loud with him.." come on Bama!!" ....."VICARIOUSLY I, LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES, much better you than I."

The crowd cheered and cheered. tool seemed grateful and threw out picks, drum sticks, bottled water. they hugged. the crowd kept cheering and clapping not wanting it to end. then came the foot stomping which sounded like a small earthquake. Maynard walked off stage waving and bowing. Danny, adam and Justin stayed out for a bit longer bowing waving. No one wanted it to end....the lights came up. I felt a little empty but really grateful, I didnt think I would ever get to see them again after they came in 2001 on lateralus tour. But as I left the concert with my wife I thought to myself that the night could not have been any better (except for maynards vocal sound being low). It shook me. When I got back to the lake house. I couldnt go to sleep. I just sat on the porch reliving each moment I had just experienced during the show, while looking at a peaceful lake. Thank you tool.
OFFLINE |  
JERUSALEM's Avatar JERUSALEM
05-27-2007, 09:27 AM

my 4th TOOL show . Stage set-up: Perfect
lighting : Perfect
Sound : Perfect
interaction: Great
Weather : Perfect
Crowd : Good except for a redneck tussle in 3rd tier
overall the best show i have had the opportunity to be a part of. Hope TOOL realizes
how much we truly love having them here in Ala...FuckYeah...Bama. Loved the EXT. Lateralus W/ Kinski . It was the last show for them. Danny is a sideshow freak of a drummer. Setlist was good especially with PUSHIT . Man Fuck why am i even talkin ? I can go on to heaven right now.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

my 4th TOOL show . Stage set-up: Perfect
lighting : Perfect
Sound : Perfect
interaction: Great
Weather : Perfect
Crowd : Good except for a redneck tussle in 3rd tier
overall the best show i have had the opportunity to be a part of. Hope TOOL realizes
how much we truly love having them here in Ala...FuckYeah...Bama. Loved the EXT. Lateralus W/ Kinski . It was the last show for them. Danny is a sideshow freak of a drummer. Setlist was good especially with PUSHIT . Man Fuck why am i even talkin ? I can go on to heaven right now.
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM

I have to say ALOT about this concert.

Jambi was very good. I was hoping that they would play that song before the concert started. I was very glad they did! I knew from then on that the show would be an event that I would never forget!

Stinkfist was very strong, uplifting, and agressive. I loved hearing this song live for it brought a stronger feeling to my personal situations. I screamed the whole song from the top of my lungs! Maynard tricked the crowd by shortly extending the middle part. "I'll keep digging". This song sent chills and energy all in my body. I love this song. I was sure satisfied. ;-) -The music video was played for the visual video-

Forty-Six and Two was a big suprise to me. The visual video was amazing. I had no idea that they would play this song. This is one of my favorite songs from tool and I was appauld to hear this live.

Schism was a very nice performance even though it's not my favorite, it still kicked major ass!

Lost Keys + Rosetta Stoned was pretty intense. The whole time during Lost Keys I had my eyes closed taking in all of the pleasure of the sound which was very amazing and euphoric. When Rosetta Stoned then played it rose me to a more intense level.

Then... suddenly... Pushit unexpectedly shows up! I was VERY excited and suprised to hear this song. I was actually hoping for the song to show up on the list. My favorite part of this song was the part where we all sang "But i'd trade it aaaall.. for just a little... piece of miiiind!!!" Fuck man.

After Pushit there was a short intervention. I believe they were preparing for the next song, which was Wings for Marie 1 and 2. There were 3 top ufo looking objects about tool on stage desending and turning towards the crowd. The middle object had the flower of life shown, which looked really nice. Soon everyone had their lighters flickered including me and Justin from the band. lol. Soon enough they played the song. Starting off with the bell. I went berserks on the inside, my legs shaking and chills forming again on my arms. I closed my eyes as Maynard sang the beginning of wings. The breeze and lazers that shot up to the sky, along with the fog that you could see going through the lazers all aligned making it seem like there were actual CLOUDS was perfect. It was so uplifting, I felt like crying.

Soon enough a blanket of lasers covered the sky, causing an energetic light grid which was wicked. I kept looking up to the sky amazed by what Tool had created. As wings part 2 finally broke out at the peak the lazers went crazy, shooting all over the sky and between us all. The visuals of clouds in the background added to the amazing performance also.

Soon again, unexpectedly Lateralus came on. At this point I knew that this was probably one of the best days of my life. This materpiece is my favorite out of all of the tool songs. I enjoyed the extremely stretched out version of Lateralus. Kinksy re-entered the stage and played from the break down point (before maynard says I embrace my desirrrrre tooooo). Soon Tool continued the song after Kinksy left. The last 2 minutes of Lateralus was ORGASMIC, including Danny's drum part at the very end. Woo! I believe his drum solo at the end was shortly extended also.

Maynard then thanked everyone and talked for a bit. Maynard has an interesting personality. Lol.

Lastly Vicarious played after I thought that the concert was over. I was shocked and finally in full content of the concert. The video visual was pretty nice also, showing a fuzzy tv screen, and a zombies head with a knife cutting into it's forehead and revealing it's third eye. When the song finally rocked out at the beginning it was very intense. Everyone sang with Maynard. At the very end after "We all feed on tragedy. It's like blood to a vampire" Maynard then turned the microphone towards the crowd for us to sing the last part "Vicariously, I Live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I!!!" Oh man... the ending was a perfect closure.

I have SO much more to say, but i'll try to keep it short. =P

This concert was the first full concert I've ever been to. I have to say it is and probably will be the best concert I will EVER experience.

Tool brought me on a new level of euphoria and gave me chill bumps throughout the whole concert. The crowd was pretty cool too. I was suprised at the reaction and capacity of the crowd.

All of the songs were 10 times better live. Everything was perfect in my eyes. =)

Thank you SO much Tool for showing me that in life you can experience so many great feelings, and that you just have to dig for them!

Mind Blowing...

Last edited by HeartOfTheWolf; 05-27-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Old 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

I have to say ALOT about this concert.

Jambi was very good. I was hoping that they would play that song before the concert started. I was very glad they did! I knew from then on that the show would be an event that I would never forget!

Stinkfist was very strong, uplifting, and agressive. I loved hearing this song live for it brought a stronger feeling to my personal situations. I screamed the whole song from the top of my lungs! Maynard tricked the crowd by shortly extending the middle part. "I'll keep digging". This song sent chills and energy all in my body. I love this song. I was sure satisfied. ;-) -The music video was played for the visual video-

Forty-Six and Two was a big suprise to me. The visual video was amazing. I had no idea that they would play this song. This is one of my favorite songs from tool and I was appauld to hear this live.

Schism was a very nice performance even though it's not my favorite, it still kicked major ass!

Lost Keys + Rosetta Stoned was pretty intense. The whole time during Lost Keys I had my eyes closed taking in all of the pleasure of the sound which was very amazing and euphoric. When Rosetta Stoned then played it rose me to a more intense level.

Then... suddenly... Pushit unexpectedly shows up! I was VERY excited and suprised to hear this song. I was actually hoping for the song to show up on the list. My favorite part of this song was the part where we all sang "But i'd trade it aaaall.. for just a little... piece of miiiind!!!" Fuck man.

After Pushit there was a short intervention. I believe they were preparing for the next song, which was Wings for Marie 1 and 2. There were 3 top ufo looking objects about tool on stage desending and turning towards the crowd. The middle object had the flower of life shown, which looked really nice. Soon everyone had their lighters flickered including me and Justin from the band. lol. Soon enough they played the song. Starting off with the bell. I went berserks on the inside, my legs shaking and chills forming again on my arms. I closed my eyes as Maynard sang the beginning of wings. The breeze and lazers that shot up to the sky, along with the fog that you could see going through the lazers all aligned making it seem like there were actual CLOUDS was perfect. It was so uplifting, I felt like crying.

Soon enough a blanket of lasers covered the sky, causing an energetic light grid which was wicked. I kept looking up to the sky amazed by what Tool had created. As wings part 2 finally broke out at the peak the lazers went crazy, shooting all over the sky and between us all. The visuals of clouds in the background added to the amazing performance also.

Soon again, unexpectedly Lateralus came on. At this point I knew that this was probably one of the best days of my life. This materpiece is my favorite out of all of the tool songs. I enjoyed the extremely stretched out version of Lateralus. Kinksy re-entered the stage and played from the break down point (before maynard says I embrace my desirrrrre tooooo). Soon Tool continued the song after Kinksy left. The last 2 minutes of Lateralus was ORGASMIC, including Danny's drum part at the very end. Woo! I believe his drum solo at the end was shortly extended also.

Maynard then thanked everyone and talked for a bit. Maynard has an interesting personality. Lol.

Lastly Vicarious played after I thought that the concert was over. I was shocked and finally in full content of the concert. The video visual was pretty nice also, showing a fuzzy tv screen, and a zombies head with a knife cutting into it's forehead and revealing it's third eye. When the song finally rocked out at the beginning it was very intense. Everyone sang with Maynard. At the very end after "We all feed on tragedy. It's like blood to a vampire" Maynard then turned the microphone towards the crowd for us to sing the last part "Vicariously, I Live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I!!!" Oh man... the ending was a perfect closure.

I have SO much more to say, but i'll try to keep it short. =P

This concert was the first full concert I've ever been to. I have to say it is and probably will be the best concert I will EVER experience.

Tool brought me on a new level of euphoria and gave me chill bumps throughout the whole concert. The crowd was pretty cool too. I was suprised at the reaction and capacity of the crowd.

All of the songs were 10 times better live. Everything was perfect in my eyes. =)

Thank you SO much Tool for showing me that in life you can experience so many great feelings, and that you just have to dig for them!

Mind Blowing...

Last edited by HeartOfTheWolf; 05-27-2007 at 11:51 AM..
OFFLINE |  
etaipo's Avatar etaipo
05-27-2007, 10:47 AM

I was in the 300's but I'm not going to complain because I was just proud to say I've seen Tool, and enjoyed the show so much because if any other band played there it would have been a pretty wrank spot for any other band, but not Tool because you can still feel the emotion coming from the stage even from the 300's!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

I was in the 300's but I'm not going to complain because I was just proud to say I've seen Tool, and enjoyed the show so much because if any other band played there it would have been a pretty wrank spot for any other band, but not Tool because you can still feel the emotion coming from the stage even from the 300's!
OFFLINE |  
scrody312
05-27-2007, 11:53 AM

My 9th Tool show. Sec 302, Row A. Of course, Pushit was a nice treat following an Intension-like intro, I already assumed we were getting Right In Two.

I always get a good laugh everytime they play the extended version of Stinkfist and a majority of the crowd continues to sing...well, didn't look like anyone else has mentioned it yet, but they fooled Maynard. He sang that next line with all he could and then just kind of laughed it off, classic.

Vicarious is a weird song to close with, almost think they'd be better off ending with Lateralus. Of course, I'd rather hear Aenema at the end, but so be it. We got PUSHIT!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My 9th Tool show. Sec 302, Row A. Of course, Pushit was a nice treat following an Intension-like intro, I already assumed we were getting Right In Two.

I always get a good laugh everytime they play the extended version of Stinkfist and a majority of the crowd continues to sing...well, didn't look like anyone else has mentioned it yet, but they fooled Maynard. He sang that next line with all he could and then just kind of laughed it off, classic.

Vicarious is a weird song to close with, almost think they'd be better off ending with Lateralus. Of course, I'd rather hear Aenema at the end, but so be it. We got PUSHIT!
OFFLINE |  
bhamfan63
05-27-2007, 12:47 PM

i forgot to post my seat

section 203, row G seat 20, anyone near?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

i forgot to post my seat

section 203, row G seat 20, anyone near?
OFFLINE |  
shaggy127
05-27-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell View Post

The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.
I was going fucking nuts when i herd that, and yes it was very mean. (probably one of my all time favorite songs!!)
Old 05-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell View Post

The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.
I was going fucking nuts when i herd that, and yes it was very mean. (probably one of my all time favorite songs!!)
OFFLINE |  
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM

So we get to Birmingham and we met up with our friends at Hooters and to my suprise right behind it was VWMC and we could hear Tool practicing. I so badly wanted to go check what was going on at the time I didnt know it was them practicing. Anyways we we was hungry so we ate. But on to the show.

We get in the line and they do the regular pat-down and search. The lady searching me was a bit frisky and grabbed my ass, one uneeded time, but atleast it was a woman. I was seating in section 203. Damn good seats right there towards the center of the stage. I told my friend that I always seemed to screwed at concerts with people in front of me. It was all during kinski no one was sitting in front of me. A few rows down there was a drunk passed out and propped up in the seats the whole time for the kinski opener It was pretty funny. He finally woke up for the Tool show atleast. Then Tool came out and and the seats packed in. And yes I got screwed with a tall and skinny Luigi looking motherfucker in a red shirt that said, "say no to drugs" who thought he was some badass dancing like Maynard. His girlfriend said something to the likes you always talk about Maynard. But anyways I get to him later on. On to the show.

Jambi was a great opening song. The fast pace really got people into the show. This being my first Tool show I was in thrills knowing that this is an awesome experience. And Jambi is probably my favorite (as of now) on 10,000 days. They did a superb job.

Stinkfist extended version what can I say, it was fukin awesome. Forty-Six and two was my friends favorite song so he was stoked. Yet another great song just to be suprised by and take in.

Schism extended version I have to say was my favorite of the night. It seemed to really unify the band and it was very loud (in a good way). I got a hole new feel to this song and the extended version really fit the mood. After the song was over the crowd was roaring. Just awesome sight and feel.

Rosetta Stoned live was a nice treat. Its definately a cilmatic piece. It really gives off a different atmosphere. Being one of their longest songs it really did it's job as it didn't seem to fly by for me. Like im saying it's climatic, like a movie, and you just start feeling the suspence and damn it was a good one. And of course the ending always seems so old school. Love the sounscapes of this song.

Holy fuck they did pushit. I said I wanted to see this live and I did. A pleasent suprise indeed. The sad thing is, as of right now I really can't remember much of this song at this point. I know it was great. Maybe I'm still in shock I dunno.

So the lighters are out and a few cell phones. It's time for Wings for Marie. And in comes dueche bag Luigi. Well the drunk guy I spoke of decided to stand on the seats to watch. And a few minutes later anti drug Luigi who was probably over 6 foot decides to stand on the seats. I was fucking pissed and lost my concentration to the whole mood of what was going on. I was cursing and all that shit. I was looking around and these two idiots and their friends were the only one standing on their seats. My friend just made room for me to move over but I could still still see him in the corner of my eye.

Wings Pt 2 starts and he actually got off the seats which was good and his girlfriend took his place but she didnt bother me, because she didnt do the stupid maynard wannabe dancing. So back to the song. It was great but is it me or was Adams guitar not loud enough through the first half of the song. It didnt matter to me much though that doesnt make the song for me. The song kicked otherwise.

Lateralus was right up there with Schism for best of the night. At that point I was wishing Tool would play all night. This was kinski's last night with Tool and they came out to play with them before the last half of the song. It was great of Tool to do this. I wasnt a big fan of kinski but I loved the drum mix with the band. Then ofcourse the greatest ending of all Tool songs is Lateralus and it was amazing.

And last was Vicarious the song that everyone sings to. It was good it kinda took me out back to the "real world" and all that BS. Tool was great indeed. I really wished they would of done Parabol/Parabola for the closer. It woulda been nice after a song like vicarious can give bad vibes. It's the whole face value thing of the song though. But all in all I was most pleased with a few interuptions. Not Tools fault at all and great playing guys!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

So we get to Birmingham and we met up with our friends at Hooters and to my suprise right behind it was VWMC and we could hear Tool practicing. I so badly wanted to go check what was going on at the time I didnt know it was them practicing. Anyways we we was hungry so we ate. But on to the show.

We get in the line and they do the regular pat-down and search. The lady searching me was a bit frisky and grabbed my ass, one uneeded time, but atleast it was a woman. I was seating in section 203. Damn good seats right there towards the center of the stage. I told my friend that I always seemed to screwed at concerts with people in front of me. It was all during kinski no one was sitting in front of me. A few rows down there was a drunk passed out and propped up in the seats the whole time for the kinski opener It was pretty funny. He finally woke up for the Tool show atleast. Then Tool came out and and the seats packed in. And yes I got screwed with a tall and skinny Luigi looking motherfucker in a red shirt that said, "say no to drugs" who thought he was some badass dancing like Maynard. His girlfriend said something to the likes you always talk about Maynard. But anyways I get to him later on. On to the show.

Jambi was a great opening song. The fast pace really got people into the show. This being my first Tool show I was in thrills knowing that this is an awesome experience. And Jambi is probably my favorite (as of now) on 10,000 days. They did a superb job.

Stinkfist extended version what can I say, it was fukin awesome. Forty-Six and two was my friends favorite song so he was stoked. Yet another great song just to be suprised by and take in.

Schism extended version I have to say was my favorite of the night. It seemed to really unify the band and it was very loud (in a good way). I got a hole new feel to this song and the extended version really fit the mood. After the song was over the crowd was roaring. Just awesome sight and feel.

Rosetta Stoned live was a nice treat. Its definately a cilmatic piece. It really gives off a different atmosphere. Being one of their longest songs it really did it's job as it didn't seem to fly by for me. Like im saying it's climatic, like a movie, and you just start feeling the suspence and damn it was a good one. And of course the ending always seems so old school. Love the sounscapes of this song.

Holy fuck they did pushit. I said I wanted to see this live and I did. A pleasent suprise indeed. The sad thing is, as of right now I really can't remember much of this song at this point. I know it was great. Maybe I'm still in shock I dunno.

So the lighters are out and a few cell phones. It's time for Wings for Marie. And in comes dueche bag Luigi. Well the drunk guy I spoke of decided to stand on the seats to watch. And a few minutes later anti drug Luigi who was probably over 6 foot decides to stand on the seats. I was fucking pissed and lost my concentration to the whole mood of what was going on. I was cursing and all that shit. I was looking around and these two idiots and their friends were the only one standing on their seats. My friend just made room for me to move over but I could still still see him in the corner of my eye.

Wings Pt 2 starts and he actually got off the seats which was good and his girlfriend took his place but she didnt bother me, because she didnt do the stupid maynard wannabe dancing. So back to the song. It was great but is it me or was Adams guitar not loud enough through the first half of the song. It didnt matter to me much though that doesnt make the song for me. The song kicked otherwise.

Lateralus was right up there with Schism for best of the night. At that point I was wishing Tool would play all night. This was kinski's last night with Tool and they came out to play with them before the last half of the song. It was great of Tool to do this. I wasnt a big fan of kinski but I loved the drum mix with the band. Then ofcourse the greatest ending of all Tool songs is Lateralus and it was amazing.

And last was Vicarious the song that everyone sings to. It was good it kinda took me out back to the "real world" and all that BS. Tool was great indeed. I really wished they would of done Parabol/Parabola for the closer. It woulda been nice after a song like vicarious can give bad vibes. It's the whole face value thing of the song though. But all in all I was most pleased with a few interuptions. Not Tools fault at all and great playing guys!
05-27-2007, 01:08 PM

oh yeah...
This was my 5th TOOL show. Definitely one of the best i've seen. I acctually might say that i like the normal version of pushit better than the slow version which they played in '01. It was especially special for me because that was the song that brought my girlfriend and i togather, and we finally got to hear it live together. I really enjoyed the venue. The weather was perfect. The music was perfect. Everything was perfect.

Last edited by shaggy127; 05-27-2007 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

oh yeah...
This was my 5th TOOL show. Definitely one of the best i've seen. I acctually might say that i like the normal version of pushit better than the slow version which they played in '01. It was especially special for me because that was the song that brought my girlfriend and i togather, and we finally got to hear it live together. I really enjoyed the venue. The weather was perfect. The music was perfect. Everything was perfect.

Last edited by shaggy127; 05-27-2007 at 01:12 PM..
OFFLINE |  
akasha_evil
05-27-2007, 02:21 PM

This was the one of the best experiences of my life. The setlist was amazing, the lazers mesmerizing. I even loved those crazy UFOs.

PUSHIT!!! holy mother fucking Hell....where the fuck did that come from? After the prison sex teaser I expected it to be just another mind fuck...but god damn they actually played it.

The crowd was amazing. Everyone knew the words. There weren't any dumb rednecks fighting for their woman or their beer. Everyone there seemed to be there out of sheer, utter, undying love of this music. If there is a Utopia...it's VWMC w/ TOOL and the population is the entire crowd.

I have just a few complaints, which really aren't the band's fault.
1) $7 beer....I mean wtf?
2) $38 t-shirt? really? My damn shirt better have some of maynards sweat on it for that price.
3) It was an oudoor venue....and no smoking? are you serious? Damn security bitched at me twice. All I wanted to do was sit back with my beer and my butt and drink in the magic of tool. (2 outta 3 ain't bad)
4) The Pelham Police officers were not nice, and definitely were not southern gentlemen. at 1am, when a girl has a flat tire and needs help, you don't turn your back and say "we're not allowed to help". But the Wrecker service out of Hoover that came gets an A+.

The concert turned into a big ordeal for me. But even driving 3 hours on a spare couldn't diminish the magnificence of this show. This was my first TOOL concert, and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

ala-fuck yeah- bama
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
Old 05-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

This was the one of the best experiences of my life. The setlist was amazing, the lazers mesmerizing. I even loved those crazy UFOs.

PUSHIT!!! holy mother fucking Hell....where the fuck did that come from? After the prison sex teaser I expected it to be just another mind fuck...but god damn they actually played it.

The crowd was amazing. Everyone knew the words. There weren't any dumb rednecks fighting for their woman or their beer. Everyone there seemed to be there out of sheer, utter, undying love of this music. If there is a Utopia...it's VWMC w/ TOOL and the population is the entire crowd.

I have just a few complaints, which really aren't the band's fault.
1) $7 beer....I mean wtf?
2) $38 t-shirt? really? My damn shirt better have some of maynards sweat on it for that price.
3) It was an oudoor venue....and no smoking? are you serious? Damn security bitched at me twice. All I wanted to do was sit back with my beer and my butt and drink in the magic of tool. (2 outta 3 ain't bad)
4) The Pelham Police officers were not nice, and definitely were not southern gentlemen. at 1am, when a girl has a flat tire and needs help, you don't turn your back and say "we're not allowed to help". But the Wrecker service out of Hoover that came gets an A+.

The concert turned into a big ordeal for me. But even driving 3 hours on a spare couldn't diminish the magnificence of this show. This was my first TOOL concert, and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

ala-fuck yeah- bama
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
OFFLINE |  
deadheadchemistry3
05-27-2007, 04:01 PM

It was fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i enjoyed this show better than last even though we weren't front row this time we were in sec.303 row j it was awsome i could see and hear everything perfectly. maynard seemed to be really into it he spoke more than the last show i was at. Stinkfist was awsome i will always love this song and i managed not to injury my face during it this time i may have whip lash but thats better than a hole through your lip. anywho lateralus was insane kinski did an awsome job. I want to go see them again. this was my second show. I didnt want it to end. i would stay as long as they would just keep playin and talkin and die happy. I love tool's laser light show no way to describe how spectacular it is everyone should see tool at least once in their life span. hope you enjoyed the popcorn.

the controversy of my car did maynard say
a. al fuck yeah bama
b. al fucking bama
c . fuck yeah bama

plz someone clear this up for us its driving me nuts

Last edited by deadheadchemistry3; 05-27-2007 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: controversy
Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 8

It was fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i enjoyed this show better than last even though we weren't front row this time we were in sec.303 row j it was awsome i could see and hear everything perfectly. maynard seemed to be really into it he spoke more than the last show i was at. Stinkfist was awsome i will always love this song and i managed not to injury my face during it this time i may have whip lash but thats better than a hole through your lip. anywho lateralus was insane kinski did an awsome job. I want to go see them again. this was my second show. I didnt want it to end. i would stay as long as they would just keep playin and talkin and die happy. I love tool's laser light show no way to describe how spectacular it is everyone should see tool at least once in their life span. hope you enjoyed the popcorn.

the controversy of my car did maynard say
a. al fuck yeah bama
b. al fucking bama
c . fuck yeah bama

plz someone clear this up for us its driving me nuts

Last edited by deadheadchemistry3; 05-27-2007 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: controversy
OFFLINE |  
sam959
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM

2nd show. great. Can't believe they did Pushit. I wanted to hear it so bad I was completely ready for them to not play it.

I was in 201, was a bit disappointed by the sound being pretty low (yes, I know it's outdoors). I kept hearing all the idiots around me chatter stupidly and screaming "Hell Yeah!" during pivotal moments of a song. I never heard anyone around me in the tiny arena I was at last time. I can only imagine how low the sound was in the top section.

Overall, what a great fucking concert. Rosetta Stoned just kills live. I love it more each time I hear it. Wings isn't good live. Too many of the kiddies at the concert have a 2 minute attention span (the average time of a song on a top40 radio station that they probably won their tickets from) and the entire place just loses interest during the buildup. Oh well, their loss.

On a related note, this concert just confirmed what I already suspected: I don't like other people. Not all of you, just most of you. I can't stand crowded places like concerts. I guess some people get this 'good vibe' from a bunch of people listening to tool. It's the opposite for me. I don't care how into the music you are. Most of you are ugly, loud, fat, smelly, rude, ignorant, and proud of it. I'm so glad when I get in my car and I don't have to hear/smell/see you anymore.

I can't help but feeling part of the 'joke' of Tool's entire 'joke band' theme as we all sing along to "Stinkfist" or "46&2" for the millionth time. I bet that a bunch of stoned/drunk rednecks in the middle of Alabama were coming to some great realization of themselves. I bet everyone went home and meditated on it. Or watched wrestling.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

2nd show. great. Can't believe they did Pushit. I wanted to hear it so bad I was completely ready for them to not play it.

I was in 201, was a bit disappointed by the sound being pretty low (yes, I know it's outdoors). I kept hearing all the idiots around me chatter stupidly and screaming "Hell Yeah!" during pivotal moments of a song. I never heard anyone around me in the tiny arena I was at last time. I can only imagine how low the sound was in the top section.

Overall, what a great fucking concert. Rosetta Stoned just kills live. I love it more each time I hear it. Wings isn't good live. Too many of the kiddies at the concert have a 2 minute attention span (the average time of a song on a top40 radio station that they probably won their tickets from) and the entire place just loses interest during the buildup. Oh well, their loss.

On a related note, this concert just confirmed what I already suspected: I don't like other people. Not all of you, just most of you. I can't stand crowded places like concerts. I guess some people get this 'good vibe' from a bunch of people listening to tool. It's the opposite for me. I don't care how into the music you are. Most of you are ugly, loud, fat, smelly, rude, ignorant, and proud of it. I'm so glad when I get in my car and I don't have to hear/smell/see you anymore.

I can't help but feeling part of the 'joke' of Tool's entire 'joke band' theme as we all sing along to "Stinkfist" or "46&2" for the millionth time. I bet that a bunch of stoned/drunk rednecks in the middle of Alabama were coming to some great realization of themselves. I bet everyone went home and meditated on it. Or watched wrestling.
OFFLINE |  
Mister Pegram
05-27-2007, 08:57 PM

First show, egggcellent. Went with my cousin, he was a bit distracted with family but he had a great time. I fought through effects of a form of chemo i started a little over a month to be there. No question i was coming. Nope. Fuck chemo. I sat down and 2 hours later my mind is cleaning cum off itself. Not to mention this fine asian chick politely posed topless for my digital camera. Very thoughtful girl. Very, very drunk girl. i could bitch about people who aren't "feeling it", but the crowd was great and noone spilled beer on me and i didn't see a single fight. I'm not much on large crowds, but it was a very good exchange between them and us. during the spaceship interlude, fella near me guaranteed that someone was tripping shouting ",YES LORD MAYNARD, AFTER 10 YEARS OF LOYAL WORSHIP, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!' i think Maynard was deliberately dressed like Kenny Chesny. good form. Back to reality. Well, you fuckers, glad yall came, we showed great enthusiasm. My body is weak but my will is strong. Peace! Fulfill your destiny, douches! Great night, peace! Mr. Pegram
Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

First show, egggcellent. Went with my cousin, he was a bit distracted with family but he had a great time. I fought through effects of a form of chemo i started a little over a month to be there. No question i was coming. Nope. Fuck chemo. I sat down and 2 hours later my mind is cleaning cum off itself. Not to mention this fine asian chick politely posed topless for my digital camera. Very thoughtful girl. Very, very drunk girl. i could bitch about people who aren't "feeling it", but the crowd was great and noone spilled beer on me and i didn't see a single fight. I'm not much on large crowds, but it was a very good exchange between them and us. during the spaceship interlude, fella near me guaranteed that someone was tripping shouting ",YES LORD MAYNARD, AFTER 10 YEARS OF LOYAL WORSHIP, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!' i think Maynard was deliberately dressed like Kenny Chesny. good form. Back to reality. Well, you fuckers, glad yall came, we showed great enthusiasm. My body is weak but my will is strong. Peace! Fulfill your destiny, douches! Great night, peace! Mr. Pegram
OFFLINE |  
pathforksfinest
05-28-2007, 08:52 AM

set list is up, so i wont be redundant. this was the 7th time i've seen tool, first time at ths venue, which was a remarkable venue, very beautiful. the band was tight tonight, and they sounded much heavier than last fall when i saw them. the three extended versions were really good. had seen the stinkfist one before, but dont think he did the "white lines" part this time, tell me if i am wrong. the entende schism was bad, in a good way. 2nd time i had see pushit, was hoping or right in two, but pushit is so good. the laser show was better in the open than in an arena, felt like i could reah up in the air and grab them. but i was drunk too, so... but all in all another stellar performance, and by the way, glad they did an encore, but even if they hadnt, i wouldnt have bitched, and neither should anybody else, be happy u even get to see them, cause in thirty years this is the band that people will ask about "did u see tool live?" would u have bitched after a zeppelin show back in the day, come on, of course they're gonna be shit u dont see, because their catalog is so good, u r not gonna get every song.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

set list is up, so i wont be redundant. this was the 7th time i've seen tool, first time at ths venue, which was a remarkable venue, very beautiful. the band was tight tonight, and they sounded much heavier than last fall when i saw them. the three extended versions were really good. had seen the stinkfist one before, but dont think he did the "white lines" part this time, tell me if i am wrong. the entende schism was bad, in a good way. 2nd time i had see pushit, was hoping or right in two, but pushit is so good. the laser show was better in the open than in an arena, felt like i could reah up in the air and grab them. but i was drunk too, so... but all in all another stellar performance, and by the way, glad they did an encore, but even if they hadnt, i wouldnt have bitched, and neither should anybody else, be happy u even get to see them, cause in thirty years this is the band that people will ask about "did u see tool live?" would u have bitched after a zeppelin show back in the day, come on, of course they're gonna be shit u dont see, because their catalog is so good, u r not gonna get every song.
OFFLINE |  
vokour15
05-28-2007, 01:00 PM

8th tool show.the venue was exellent. section 203 row f. not much to add, they were really tight, pushit was amazing. might be the best tool show i've seen. and thats saying alot. i thought kinski was really good. much thanks to the couple on row e for the much needed buzz, thank you very much!!. i'll be at orlando in a few days! cheers
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

8th tool show.the venue was exellent. section 203 row f. not much to add, they were really tight, pushit was amazing. might be the best tool show i've seen. and thats saying alot. i thought kinski was really good. much thanks to the couple on row e for the much needed buzz, thank you very much!!. i'll be at orlando in a few days! cheers
OFFLINE |  
Seminole
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM

This was my second Tool show and 3rd opportunity to see Maynard perform live (saw him with Tool in Birmingham in 2001 and this past weekend and saw him with APC at Boutwell a few years ago).

The show was incredible (again) and much better weather this time (thanks, Maynard for mentioning that)...

I was in section 305 (third tier again) but I do not mind sitting in the third tier for a Tool show. The venue isn't huge, so being towards the back doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Anyway, on to the show.

The turnout was incredible - one of the larger crowds I have seen at the Verizon Wireless Music Center. I am sure this one had to be close to a sell out, as it appeared there was only around 100-200 empty seats in the top corners of the third tier (and there was a lot of people standing up in the walkways that probably would have filled those seats). Much larger crowd than the show in 2001 (the weather may have had something to do with that though)...The crowd was very into the show and many times it was hard to hear the vocals because of everybody singing along.

Was it just me, or did Maynard laugh or say "haha" when everyone was yelling "I'll keep digging..." as they started playing the extended portion of Stinkfist? I thought I heard him laugh...

I had been telling my wife all day that I really hope they play Push It, but thought they wouldn't since theres been a few shows on this tour that they didn't play it on, and they played it last time they came...but by God they did and it rocked my face off...

Excellent set list, didn't expect to hear Rosetta Stoned, but LOVED IT...The lasers were a very nice touch (would have been cool to have the laser part of the show back in 2001 with all of the rain). What can you say really? The show was incredible, probably even better than the 2001 show. I can not wait until these guys come back to town...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second Tool show and 3rd opportunity to see Maynard perform live (saw him with Tool in Birmingham in 2001 and this past weekend and saw him with APC at Boutwell a few years ago).

The show was incredible (again) and much better weather this time (thanks, Maynard for mentioning that)...

I was in section 305 (third tier again) but I do not mind sitting in the third tier for a Tool show. The venue isn't huge, so being towards the back doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Anyway, on to the show.

The turnout was incredible - one of the larger crowds I have seen at the Verizon Wireless Music Center. I am sure this one had to be close to a sell out, as it appeared there was only around 100-200 empty seats in the top corners of the third tier (and there was a lot of people standing up in the walkways that probably would have filled those seats). Much larger crowd than the show in 2001 (the weather may have had something to do with that though)...The crowd was very into the show and many times it was hard to hear the vocals because of everybody singing along.

Was it just me, or did Maynard laugh or say "haha" when everyone was yelling "I'll keep digging..." as they started playing the extended portion of Stinkfist? I thought I heard him laugh...

I had been telling my wife all day that I really hope they play Push It, but thought they wouldn't since theres been a few shows on this tour that they didn't play it on, and they played it last time they came...but by God they did and it rocked my face off...

Excellent set list, didn't expect to hear Rosetta Stoned, but LOVED IT...The lasers were a very nice touch (would have been cool to have the laser part of the show back in 2001 with all of the rain). What can you say really? The show was incredible, probably even better than the 2001 show. I can not wait until these guys come back to town...
OFFLINE |  
PublisherMan1
05-29-2007, 07:47 AM

After buying 5 tickets and then purchasing another 4 just to get better seats......was it worth the $600 + beer + food + gas......ABSOLUTELY!! Our seats was originally in the 300's and then got the better seats at 103. This was my 1st TOOL show! After consuming multiple BEERZ at Hooters and walking to the show, the first 1/2 was a little hazy but his show was amazing!! I can't wait to see them at Bonnaroo!!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

After buying 5 tickets and then purchasing another 4 just to get better seats......was it worth the $600 + beer + food + gas......ABSOLUTELY!! Our seats was originally in the 300's and then got the better seats at 103. This was my 1st TOOL show! After consuming multiple BEERZ at Hooters and walking to the show, the first 1/2 was a little hazy but his show was amazing!! I can't wait to see them at Bonnaroo!!
OFFLINE |  
Briah
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM

i was at the show.

My vote goes for "Ala - fuck yeah - bama". As other stated, the show was fucking awesome. I for one thought that the extended Lateralus jam with Kinski was one of the highlights of the night(the other being pushit). It was so badass that even the people who saw it fit to yell and scream through 10000 days were mesmerized into shutting the hell up during that. How refreshing.

I was wondering if he would remember us risking hypothermia out there to see them in 2001.....I guess so:)

http://www.soundclick.com/assiah
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

i was at the show.

My vote goes for "Ala - fuck yeah - bama". As other stated, the show was fucking awesome. I for one thought that the extended Lateralus jam with Kinski was one of the highlights of the night(the other being pushit). It was so badass that even the people who saw it fit to yell and scream through 10000 days were mesmerized into shutting the hell up during that. How refreshing.

I was wondering if he would remember us risking hypothermia out there to see them in 2001.....I guess so:)

http://www.soundclick.com/assiah
OFFLINE |  
headlessjo
05-29-2007, 04:21 PM

absolutely incredible. sec 101 row n. amazing seats. originally had seats in sec 204, and was lucky to get those on the day tickets went on sale. out of curiosity, i checked ticketmaster again a week before the show and was able to get sec 101. i guess the fuckin scalpers had the tix tied up when they went on sale. anyway, no complaints about this event of epic proportions. sat around cool people, no drunk redneck douchebags around me. i was at the deluge back in '01, and i was excited that maynard remembered. the lasers were spectacular, though i imagine they could be better seen from farther back. kinski was surprisingly good. the whole snowing popcorn thing was pretty damn cool. does anyone know if that was maynard sweeping the stage in the costume? his body language made me think it could have been him. definately worth the 6 year wait, and i hope to see them again in atl next week.

fyi: tool fans should check out myspace.com/chalkrock
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

absolutely incredible. sec 101 row n. amazing seats. originally had seats in sec 204, and was lucky to get those on the day tickets went on sale. out of curiosity, i checked ticketmaster again a week before the show and was able to get sec 101. i guess the fuckin scalpers had the tix tied up when they went on sale. anyway, no complaints about this event of epic proportions. sat around cool people, no drunk redneck douchebags around me. i was at the deluge back in '01, and i was excited that maynard remembered. the lasers were spectacular, though i imagine they could be better seen from farther back. kinski was surprisingly good. the whole snowing popcorn thing was pretty damn cool. does anyone know if that was maynard sweeping the stage in the costume? his body language made me think it could have been him. definately worth the 6 year wait, and i hope to see them again in atl next week.

fyi: tool fans should check out myspace.com/chalkrock
OFFLINE |  
morganic111
05-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Incredible. Not much else to be said. At least not like all the hip singer wanna-be's, belting every lyric to every song at the tip top of their lungs. Man, oh man, why can't everybody just listen. I was up in the center-top portion of the 300 section, which was difficult because we could barely hear the music. This was my 4th Tool show and my best friends' first. I don't know if he enjoyed it or not. Too busy trying to have some kind of love fest with every female he could strike up a conversation with. His loss. He was shrooming pretty heavily though. I thought they almost fell apart in Stinkfist when the breakdown started. Maynard sang the old part, or part of it, then stopped while everyone else continued. Twas strange. I enjoyed watching the lasers stretch for miles behind the venue, up into the treetops and on to who-knows-where. Wondered if there were homes up in those little hills behind the place. If people were living out there, they witnessed a pretty incredible thing. I mean, those beams are very powerful. Drove down from Nashville...so much for a Tennessee show that is THEIRS. Bonnaroo has their own stage set up and I am very curious to see how much of the original equipment will be used there. I mean, 3 shows in Iowa?? 5 shows in Florida alone. Why the scarce showings in other parts of the country?? Weirdest tour pattern I've seen in a while. Can't complain though. Did anyone notice that MJK DID sing the end portion of the La la la lieee, la liieee part at the end of Vicarious?? I know I heard it and he has not been singing that, if at all, to my knowledge. I think the extended jam during Lateralus showed promise with all the cats from Kinski, but it didn't really move until right before they finally left the stage. That's when you could actually hear what they were all playing. Before that, all that was discernable was the main bass riff and Danny hitting around...then Kinski finally started to play their asses off. Guess they took it for granted and got shy or something cause they started to wail at the end. Oh well, an awesome ending to Lateralus, though not nearly as exciting as when I heard/saw Danny just doing his drum solo by himself at some previous shows. Suppose this happened cause it was supposedly Kinski's last showing as opening band. They seemed reserved. All in all, a very solid show even though it was very difficult to hear at times where I was sitting/standing. Hardly any breeze in the place, so it was pretty stifling at times. Seemed like everybody lit up a number or five...I personally think the VWMC is in a crummy location. You can see every single lighted sign in Pelham from the upper confines of the Music Center. Kind of a distraction, all those lights. Every picture I took of the stage area has either a hotel sign or McDonalds sign looming in the distance. The folks down in the front 200's and all of the 1st tier had great seats cause I know they couldn't see all the "sights" like we could at the top. I bought my tickets from TM and got the worst possible seats imagineable. 3rd tier, upper corner. That was best available the day they went on sale. Of course, when I checked back in the weeks before the show, every other great seat imagineable was there for the purchase. Not 1st Tier, but definitely 2nd Tier...and they were in the center, too!! Couldn't find anything close when they first went on sale. Ticketmaster sucks. That is so true. Thank you Tool!! You rocked the fucking house. You guys always do it right. See you guys in Jacksonville, Bonnaroo, Cape Girardeau and Huntington, WV. I want to hear Eulogy. Anyone else??

Last edited by morganic111; 05-30-2007 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

Incredible. Not much else to be said. At least not like all the hip singer wanna-be's, belting every lyric to every song at the tip top of their lungs. Man, oh man, why can't everybody just listen. I was up in the center-top portion of the 300 section, which was difficult because we could barely hear the music. This was my 4th Tool show and my best friends' first. I don't know if he enjoyed it or not. Too busy trying to have some kind of love fest with every female he could strike up a conversation with. His loss. He was shrooming pretty heavily though. I thought they almost fell apart in Stinkfist when the breakdown started. Maynard sang the old part, or part of it, then stopped while everyone else continued. Twas strange. I enjoyed watching the lasers stretch for miles behind the venue, up into the treetops and on to who-knows-where. Wondered if there were homes up in those little hills behind the place. If people were living out there, they witnessed a pretty incredible thing. I mean, those beams are very powerful. Drove down from Nashville...so much for a Tennessee show that is THEIRS. Bonnaroo has their own stage set up and I am very curious to see how much of the original equipment will be used there. I mean, 3 shows in Iowa?? 5 shows in Florida alone. Why the scarce showings in other parts of the country?? Weirdest tour pattern I've seen in a while. Can't complain though. Did anyone notice that MJK DID sing the end portion of the La la la lieee, la liieee part at the end of Vicarious?? I know I heard it and he has not been singing that, if at all, to my knowledge. I think the extended jam during Lateralus showed promise with all the cats from Kinski, but it didn't really move until right before they finally left the stage. That's when you could actually hear what they were all playing. Before that, all that was discernable was the main bass riff and Danny hitting around...then Kinski finally started to play their asses off. Guess they took it for granted and got shy or something cause they started to wail at the end. Oh well, an awesome ending to Lateralus, though not nearly as exciting as when I heard/saw Danny just doing his drum solo by himself at some previous shows. Suppose this happened cause it was supposedly Kinski's last showing as opening band. They seemed reserved. All in all, a very solid show even though it was very difficult to hear at times where I was sitting/standing. Hardly any breeze in the place, so it was pretty stifling at times. Seemed like everybody lit up a number or five...I personally think the VWMC is in a crummy location. You can see every single lighted sign in Pelham from the upper confines of the Music Center. Kind of a distraction, all those lights. Every picture I took of the stage area has either a hotel sign or McDonalds sign looming in the distance. The folks down in the front 200's and all of the 1st tier had great seats cause I know they couldn't see all the "sights" like we could at the top. I bought my tickets from TM and got the worst possible seats imagineable. 3rd tier, upper corner. That was best available the day they went on sale. Of course, when I checked back in the weeks before the show, every other great seat imagineable was there for the purchase. Not 1st Tier, but definitely 2nd Tier...and they were in the center, too!! Couldn't find anything close when they first went on sale. Ticketmaster sucks. That is so true. Thank you Tool!! You rocked the fucking house. You guys always do it right. See you guys in Jacksonville, Bonnaroo, Cape Girardeau and Huntington, WV. I want to hear Eulogy. Anyone else??

Last edited by morganic111; 05-30-2007 at 03:25 PM..
OFFLINE |  
fazebesnappin's Avatar fazebesnappin
06-03-2007, 07:49 PM

The Show was great. I'm gonna see them tomorrow again in Duluth. I drove to this show from atlanta and it was well worth it. I'm not even from alabama and I freaked out when maynard said "Ala-Fuck Yeah-Bama". Stinkfist and 46&2 are some of my favorite Tool song's so I was VERY pleased. This was my second Tool experience and it was just as I remebered it! Can't wait to see them in Duluth. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn! Consider that your bonus!
P.S. For pictures of this show you can check out the pics section of myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jodiemcdonald
Old 06-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

The Show was great. I'm gonna see them tomorrow again in Duluth. I drove to this show from atlanta and it was well worth it. I'm not even from alabama and I freaked out when maynard said "Ala-Fuck Yeah-Bama". Stinkfist and 46&2 are some of my favorite Tool song's so I was VERY pleased. This was my second Tool experience and it was just as I remebered it! Can't wait to see them in Duluth. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn! Consider that your bonus!
P.S. For pictures of this show you can check out the pics section of myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jodiemcdonald

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply