opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #4681
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Junior. or anyone who's seen tool overseas, I was wondering: how do the American crowds compare with crowds from a country like, say, Turkey or Japan? It would be cool to know how different cultures react to Tool's music.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #4682
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck86 View Post
Junior. or anyone who's seen tool overseas, I was wondering: how do the American crowds compare with crowds from a country like, say, Turkey or Japan? It would be cool to know how different cultures react to Tool's music.
Probably way cooler than Reno fans!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 PM   #4683
Level 7 - Loquacious

BTW, any other leaks about Rage possibly playing conventions? I know they got permits and were public with the DNC in 2000, maybe they're being a bit more stealth this time? Too bad I used my free Southwest ticket earlier in the month, could possibly see a rage show for virtually free!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #4684
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
Probably way cooler than Reno fans!
What the hell happened at that Reno show? I hear about it all the time and still don't know.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #4685
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEK View Post
What the hell happened at that Reno show? I hear about it all the time and still don't know.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=81887

Idiots rushing the stage and shortened set-lists. Half of the lyrics being sung. MJK seemingly pissed off. Etc.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #4686
Level 7 - Loquacious

I suddenly have the insane urge to goto Minneapolis... :)

http://www.startribune.com/entertain...ion_refer=news

all though $60 at a venue that is named after a company Rage oh must so love for its cheap crap...I dunno man...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #4687
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I suddenly have the insane urge to goto Minneapolis... :)

http://www.startribune.com/entertain...ion_refer=news

all though $60 at a venue that is named after a company Rage oh must so love for its cheap crap...I dunno man...
Gives me hope for an announcement soon for the DNC here in Denver.... C'MON!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #4688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=81887

Idiots rushing the stage and shortened set-lists. Half of the lyrics being sung. MJK seemingly pissed off. Etc.
Now I know, thanks:)
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #4689
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEK View Post
Now I know, thanks:)
Yeah dude, we drove out from San Francisco to see the show and I felt like I was surrounded by the characters of Reno 911. They really aren't that far from the truth. I think the Marbolo Man was sitting next to me and the a-hole in front of us was flipping them off when they were playing Right in Two and 10,000 Days. Bill Graham more than made up for that show, but I still need to see Aenima while knowing what the hell is going on! I think Maynard was more pissed about the security throwing the guy down the stairs than the homage to Adam, he could've picked a better song to do it on though...fuck...haha, but hey, I got to see the band at a mortal level, so that was unique too (Then they played Pushit in my hometown damnit! lol)
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-05-2008, 05:46 AM   #4690
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Saw an ad on tv saying "special guest" with NIN. I'm going to guess Les Claypool for the hell of it, it is bay area!

Puscifer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #4691
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I just saw this video on you tube. I don't think there is ever going to be a live DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_Vb...eature=related
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #4692
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

we need some new info. it's getting pretty stale around here.

Junior,
hook us up on some info, even if not Tool related. You still on tour?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #4693
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfall View Post
we need some new info. it's getting pretty stale around here.

Junior,
hook us up on some info, even if not Tool related. You still on tour?
I've been off tour for a week.
My next 2 weeks are full of television stuff. Yesterday I went to a meeting at Warner Bros on the set of "Americas Best Dance Crew", where Tool's video director (Breck) is currently working. It looks like I'm going to go do the tour version in September/October, although I'm also weighing offers from 2 bands that are touring during that time.
Tomorrow I'm at Telemundo/Mun2 all day. The talk show I was subbing on over there got cancelled in April, but they've got some other shows like "One Nation Under Hip-Hop", "Vivo", "Reventon", and "Late Shift" that they usually crank out in a one day session in the same studio at City Walk.
Saturday and Monday I'll be at Fox studios advising the lighting on behalf of the Pretenders for their "Yahoo/Nissan Live Set".
The remainder of next week will be at Telemundo for an awards show.
Other than that, I think Duran Duran are doing South American dates in November/December.

Nothing new to report Tool-wise. I haven't seen any of them in 2 months (I was in Europe).
As far as I know, Danny hasn't injured himself in awhile and currently has the use of all of his limbs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #4694
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I've been off tour for a week.
My next 2 weeks are full of television stuff. Yesterday I went to a meeting at Warner Bros on the set of "Americas Best Dance Crew", where Tool's video director (Breck) is currently working. It looks like I'm going to go do the tour version in September/October, although I'm also weighing offers from 2 bands that are touring during that time.
Tomorrow I'm at Telemundo/Mun2 all day. The talk show I was subbing on over there got cancelled in April, but they've got some other shows like "One Nation Under Hip-Hop", "Vivo", "Reventon", and "Late Shift" that they usually crank out in a one day session in the same studio at City Walk.
Saturday and Monday I'll be at Fox studios advising the lighting on behalf of the Pretenders for their "Yahoo/Nissan Live Set".
The remainder of next week will be at Telemundo for an awards show.
Other than that, I think Duran Duran are doing South American dates in November/December.

Nothing new to report Tool-wise. I haven't seen any of them in 2 months (I was in Europe).
As far as I know, Danny hasn't injured himself in awhile and currently has the use of all of his limbs.

I like watching the spanish television channel for the hot women, not the lighting. Sorry Junior! sounds like you have your plate full though. Much more exciting then my office job :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #4695
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I like watching the spanish television channel for the hot women, not the lighting. Sorry Junior! sounds like you have your plate full though. Much more exciting then my office job :)
The lighting on Mexican television can get pretty tacky, but without lights you wouldn't be able to see the hot women. Just a thought...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #4696
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
The lighting on Mexican television can get pretty tacky, but without lights you wouldn't be able to see the hot women. Just a thought...

good point! Do you play any instruments yourself? What other things do you enjoy other than lighting?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #4697
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I like watching the spanish television channel for the hot women, not the lighting.
I like watching mexican television for ¡Show Biz Grande Explosion!

http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,3493846050.aspx
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #4698
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

any truth in the rumer of an upcoming tour???
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #4699
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poudge View Post
any truth in the rumer of an upcoming tour???
Yeah, Tool tour dates all over the US just popped up in ticketmaster...

Made ya look?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #4700
Level 7 - Loquacious

My friend has brought this to my hilarious attention:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JX9VeL7n4

ha.

haha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #4701
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
My friend has brought this to my hilarious attention:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JX9VeL7n4

ha.

haha.
That made me laugh as much as watching WWF. Loved the skulls on the pikes with church music. lolz
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #4702

Tool should tour in-the-round on the next arena tour.
I saw Yes do it in 1991 at the Oakland arena.
Sound was excellent.
And more people had a better view.
Saw Peter Gabriel this way too.
Not as good a show, but still, more 'prime seating' in this layout.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #4703
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned View Post
Sound was excellent.
the guys don't move around, so I don't know how well that would work. unless it was like the foofighters recent stage in the round(square) and had NIN type screen shows on all 4 sides
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #4704

Sometimes Maynard was 'in the round' during Lateralus on the 2001 tour.

That's okay though, just a thought.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #4705
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Did anyone see the news post at www.fourtheye.net? Apparently Maynard is touring CA, NV, and AZ and signing more wine bottles at Whole Foods. The dates are scattered this fall.
Very disappointed. Wish he was in the studio working with Danny, Justin, and Adam this fall.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #4706
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanminded050 View Post
Did anyone see the news post at www.fourtheye.net? Apparently Maynard is touring CA, NV, and AZ and signing more wine bottles at Whole Foods. The dates are scattered this fall.
Very disappointed. Wish he was in the studio working with Danny, Justin, and Adam this fall.
Maynard's quotes in the Tool Revolver issue seemed to suggests that he waits until the three instrumental members have most of the song complete before contributing lyrics. He claimed to be more of a reactionary artists and writes in response to what the others have already created.

It kind of makes sense, though, right? If you're creating lyrics with a harmony that flows with the music of the song, and then the music ends up being changed, it screws up the progress of the lyrics. So you'd wait until the music is all laid out before writing in response to it.

Additionally, if you look up old Lateralus studio footage, there are clips of A/D/J playing in their practice space, refining the Lateralus track with Maynard being absent. I don't think this is really anything new, nor does it affect the progress of the next record.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #4707
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Maynard's quotes in the Tool Revolver issue seemed to suggests that he waits until the three instrumental members have most of the song complete before contributing lyrics. He claimed to be more of a reactionary artists and writes in response to what the others have already created.
That's a good point.
But I still had blind hope that maybe the band has been jamming and putting together songs, and Maynard would be laying down the vocal tracks this fall.
I'm itching for some real news about the band. Something besides Maynard's vineyards, guitar hero, or Puscifer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #4708
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
That's a good point.
But I still had blind hope that maybe the band has been jamming and putting together songs, and Maynard would be laying down the vocal tracks this fall.
I'm itching for some real news about the band. Something besides Maynard's vineyards, guitar hero, or Puscifer.
I agree with you. I'm still holding some vague hope that there will be a new release in '09, but that probably isn't plausible. Has there been any official word what the band is working on that Blair was referring to awhile back? (The be patient post, with picture of a beach and sunset). The GHIV bit was just a joke, right?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #4709
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs View Post
Gives me hope for an announcement soon for the DNC here in Denver.... C'MON!!!!!!
Here's a little hope from today's LA Times interview with Zach. Still nothing official though.

You’ve been touring with Rage again. What is your relationship like with those guys now?

So much has changed. When you get older, you look back on tensions and grievances and have another perspective on it. I think our relationship now is better than it’s ever been. I would even describe it as great. We’re going to keep playing shows -- we have a couple of big ones happening in front of both conventions. As far as us recording music in the future, I don’t know where we all fit with that. We’ve all embraced each other’s projects and support them, and that’s great.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #4710
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I agree with you. I'm still holding some vague hope that there will be a new release in '09, but that probably isn't plausible. Has there been any official word what the band is working on that Blair was referring to awhile back? (The be patient post, with picture of a beach and sunset). The GHIV bit was just a joke, right?
I don't think a new release in '09 is completely out of the question. But what do I know, I'm just an overly obsessed fan.

And no, the GHIV bit was not a joke. I could really care less about Tool being featured in Guitar Hero. At this point, I'm only interested in news about the next album.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #4711
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I don't think a new release in '09 is completely out of the question. But what do I know, I'm just an overly obsessed fan.

And no, the GHIV bit was not a joke. I could really care less about Tool being featured in Guitar Hero. At this point, I'm only interested in news about the next album.
Yeah I didn't exactly wet my pants when I heard about that (lol whenever I strap on that plastic controller I can't help but think of the Guitar Queero episode of South Park), but it seems to me that Tool doesn't do anything half-assed; I wouldn't be surprised if they modified/added parts to whatever songs make it in.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #4712
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck86 View Post
Yeah I didn't exactly wet my pants when I heard about that (lol whenever I strap on that plastic controller I can't help but think of the Guitar Queero episode of South Park), but it seems to me that Tool doesn't do anything half-assed; I wouldn't be surprised if they modified/added parts to whatever songs make it in.
"Congratulations, you have reached 10,000 points. YOU ARE A ***!"

They should do Rosetta Stoned and put it on Rock Band. That will fuck up the nerd drummers hahaha
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #4713
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned View Post
Sound was excellent.
Not as good a show? I liked that Peter Gabriel tour so much, I flew to England to see it. Ended up seeing the Up tour about 8 times total.

Just saw him again a year or so ago on the Warm Up Summer tour. Yup, flew back to England for it since he did not bring that tour here. I dearly love Peter Gabriel.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #4714
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

RATM confirmed for Denver. And it's free!
Lucky bastards...

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_10201881
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #4715

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Not as good a show? I liked that Peter Gabriel tour so much, I flew to England to see it. Ended up seeing the Up tour about 8 times total.

Just saw him again a year or so ago on the Warm Up Summer tour. Yup, flew back to England for it since he did not bring that tour here. I dearly love Peter Gabriel.
Did you see that Yes tour in 1991?
Not as theatrical, no Tony Levin on bass.
But I just like their tunes more than Genesis or PG solo
Peter Gabriel is a phenomenal artist.
Lamb Lies Down on Broadway...great album.
They were going to make a movie out of it at one point.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #4716
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
RATM confirmed for Denver. And it's free!
Lucky bastards...

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_10201881
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

win tickets by lottery, 2 tickets per winner. lame.

i'm still gonna try :)
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #4717
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"Remember my news post back on April 20th? The one with the photo of a tranquil Caribbean sunset and thatched shade palapa awaiting those relaxing souls (with or without a Corona)? Of course you do. Well, as I said back then: Good things are coming... Be patient... Don't speculate or over analyze. Don't search the message boards for rumors or look for this on anyone's Myspace page... Just know that good things are coming (albeit under easy sail)... So, to reiterate,... just relax..."
-Blair post on the www.toolband.com page

So does anyone want to speculate or analyze this recent news posting? hahahaha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #4718
Level 7 - Loquacious

Whats with the pix from MJK???

Looks like the remains of a laptop???
Old 08-16-2008, 01:27 AM   #4719
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

win tickets by lottery, 2 tickets per winner. lame.

i'm still gonna try :)

I'm definitely trying. Actually hoping to get a few of my friends to go down and enter themselves into the lottery so they have a chance at getting tix as well as myself. I'm seeing the show no matter what. Although i hope they're playing outside The Coleseum because i heard the sound is TERRIBLE inside of it as far as concerts go. The rodeo is one thing, but a musical act is another....
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #4720
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
"Remember my news post back on April 20th? The one with the photo of a tranquil Caribbean sunset and thatched shade palapa awaiting those relaxing souls (with or without a Corona)? Of course you do. Well, as I said back then: Good things are coming... Be patient... Don't speculate or over analyze. Don't search the message boards for rumors or look for this on anyone's Myspace page... Just know that good things are coming (albeit under easy sail)... So, to reiterate,... just relax..."
-Blair post on the www.toolband.com page

So does anyone want to speculate or analyze this recent news posting? hahahaha.
There wasn't an April 20th post haha

and good ole' Maynard, if only I could throw away money on hammering a laptop haha
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: