Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Leaf's Avatar Leaf
07-13-2007, 01:44 AM

Contrary to what Paraflux believes not ALL Americans are stupid, ignorant and unappreciative towards a Tool show as oppose to the "better humans" in other countries. These reviews prove that. Great crowd just like in Columbus last September. I was looking around at the crowd after Big Business played and I couldn't help but notice the people up in the VIP or owner box area or whatever, I saw a shadowy figure with a cowboy hat on and a few other shadowy figures just leanin over the rail lookin around at the crowd. Had to of been them. Big Business definately means big business, I enjoyed watching them. Great fuckin show, I went in just dying to hear Wings/10k Days live again(I dunno if it's just me but the energy during that is out of this world) and hoping that I would be blessed to hear Right in Two as they didn't play it in Columbus and boy was I lucky. Lateralus brought the fucking house down! An absolutey mind blowing moment and I feel sorry for anyone who did not get to witness that. Those silly baseball fans next door had no idea what was going down in US Bank Arena that night. Maynard spent so much energy busting a nut on us that he needed our help to sing the last verse of Vicarious. It was a nice surprise to see that the stage set up and lasers were much more elaborate than the previous shows, I would have been satisfied regardless but that is just Tool doing what they do best. I brought 2 friends with me this time, one being a friend who loved Tool and especially Danny since he is a drummer himself and the other being the guy that introduced me to Tool years ago so I was glad I got to be there at his first live Tool experience. The only thing that really bothered me was the jersey Danny chose to wear that night. ;) We can call him Dirty Danny now because the Sperms, I mean Spurs are dirty and everyone knows it. Thanks again for coming around this area guys and giving us another phenomenal night. What's round in the middle and tl out the outside?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH

Contrary to what Paraflux believes not ALL Americans are stupid, ignorant and unappreciative towards a Tool show as oppose to the "better humans" in other countries. These reviews prove that. Great crowd just like in Columbus last September. I was looking around at the crowd after Big Business played and I couldn't help but notice the people up in the VIP or owner box area or whatever, I saw a shadowy figure with a cowboy hat on and a few other shadowy figures just leanin over the rail lookin around at the crowd. Had to of been them. Big Business definately means big business, I enjoyed watching them. Great fuckin show, I went in just dying to hear Wings/10k Days live again(I dunno if it's just me but the energy during that is out of this world) and hoping that I would be blessed to hear Right in Two as they didn't play it in Columbus and boy was I lucky. Lateralus brought the fucking house down! An absolutey mind blowing moment and I feel sorry for anyone who did not get to witness that. Those silly baseball fans next door had no idea what was going down in US Bank Arena that night. Maynard spent so much energy busting a nut on us that he needed our help to sing the last verse of Vicarious. It was a nice surprise to see that the stage set up and lasers were much more elaborate than the previous shows, I would have been satisfied regardless but that is just Tool doing what they do best. I brought 2 friends with me this time, one being a friend who loved Tool and especially Danny since he is a drummer himself and the other being the guy that introduced me to Tool years ago so I was glad I got to be there at his first live Tool experience. The only thing that really bothered me was the jersey Danny chose to wear that night. ;) We can call him Dirty Danny now because the Sperms, I mean Spurs are dirty and everyone knows it. Thanks again for coming around this area guys and giving us another phenomenal night. What's round in the middle and tl out the outside?
OFFLINE |  
Schwann's Avatar Schwann
07-13-2007, 07:36 AM

This is the third Tool show I've been to this year. With all things considered it was a great show but as for it being a great Tool show I will have to disagree. The guys looked a little tired and bored, save 4 justin. How would I know you ask? I've been up front within 20 feet of the stage each time. Adam looked especially bored...Took 2 first timers and a guy for his second show and they all agreed. I think the set list kinda left me wanting more as seems to be the general opinion of many of the comments here. 10,000 days is a long drawn out affair and seemed to depress many of the crowds I've seen it played to. Would have been nice to have gotten some Opiate or Undertow tracks but I guess all of Tool's newbie fans probably don't get down with their old shit. Overall of the 7 shows I've been to this was my least favorite.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

This is the third Tool show I've been to this year. With all things considered it was a great show but as for it being a great Tool show I will have to disagree. The guys looked a little tired and bored, save 4 justin. How would I know you ask? I've been up front within 20 feet of the stage each time. Adam looked especially bored...Took 2 first timers and a guy for his second show and they all agreed. I think the set list kinda left me wanting more as seems to be the general opinion of many of the comments here. 10,000 days is a long drawn out affair and seemed to depress many of the crowds I've seen it played to. Would have been nice to have gotten some Opiate or Undertow tracks but I guess all of Tool's newbie fans probably don't get down with their old shit. Overall of the 7 shows I've been to this was my least favorite.
OFFLINE |  
pathforksfinest
07-13-2007, 10:40 AM

killer show. 8th time, 2nd on this tour, 3rd time for the new album. glad to see right in two, was hoping for flood but either way its killer. glad the page is finally fixed to post too. took my nephew to the show, he's 15, it was the first time he's been to a concert. he's normally reserved and quiet but he was jamming out, made me proud, worth it all for just that alone. had some killer seats, up on the side a bit from justin, could see everything perfectly. tight as hell tonight, and man the jam session on lateralus was probably the best i have seen it done, and i have seen it 8 times. cant wait to try and see them again, but probably will have to wait, dont believe they'll hit the u.s. again after europe, but hope they do.

btw, somebody had posted the shows they'd been to. thought i'd copy that idea.

6/29/07 - Cincinatti, OH - us bank arena
5/26/07 - Birmingham, AL - verizon wireless center
9/21/06 - Columbus, OH - nationwide arena
11/5/02 - Knoxville, TN - civic colisuem
8/31/02 - Cincinatti, OH - us bank arena
8/7/02 - Greenville, SC - bi-lo center
10/15/01 - Memphis, TN - mid-south coliseum
9/8/01 - Indianaplois, IN - verizon wireless center

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 10:49 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

killer show. 8th time, 2nd on this tour, 3rd time for the new album. glad to see right in two, was hoping for flood but either way its killer. glad the page is finally fixed to post too. took my nephew to the show, he's 15, it was the first time he's been to a concert. he's normally reserved and quiet but he was jamming out, made me proud, worth it all for just that alone. had some killer seats, up on the side a bit from justin, could see everything perfectly. tight as hell tonight, and man the jam session on lateralus was probably the best i have seen it done, and i have seen it 8 times. cant wait to try and see them again, but probably will have to wait, dont believe they'll hit the u.s. again after europe, but hope they do.

btw, somebody had posted the shows they'd been to. thought i'd copy that idea.

6/29/07 - Cincinatti, OH - us bank arena
5/26/07 - Birmingham, AL - verizon wireless center
9/21/06 - Columbus, OH - nationwide arena
11/5/02 - Knoxville, TN - civic colisuem
8/31/02 - Cincinatti, OH - us bank arena
8/7/02 - Greenville, SC - bi-lo center
10/15/01 - Memphis, TN - mid-south coliseum
9/8/01 - Indianaplois, IN - verizon wireless center

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 10:49 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply