opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
2006/08/13 - Tokyo, JAP - Summersonic Festival

Tool are scheduled to headline.

http://www.summersonic.com/
Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/13 - Tokyo, JAP - Summersonic Festival

does any one know a good way to get tickets, they say they can't ship them outside of japan, and i don't want to wait till i get there to get them...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Sorry, bro. I have a friend that lives in Tokyo that bought ours.

I'm worried about actually getting to see Tool during this thing. It looks like they are scheduled to play in a convention center. I went on the site and it only holds 9k people! This festival draws something like 50k. Any insights into how to make sure we dont miss them? I imagine getting there early and waiting is the only option.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
raj
Level 2 - Poster

Now the Summer Sonic website says you can pick up the tickets at a Will Call booth, BUT STILL, how the hell do you order them online if you don't have an address in Japan?!?

This is madness - the odds that Tool will be there during the 3 weeks I'll be in Tokyo are pretty f-ing slim... Therefore, I must go to this show!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

anyone have any more info on how to get tickets? I'm not set to arrive in Japan untl 8.29, but I would consider arriving early before school starts and bumming around for a week if I could score tickets to this. I think tool in Japan would be quite an experience.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

They've held lotteries for tickets thus far. I have a friend living there that put our names in for tickets the day they went on sale. He was notified a week or so ago that our names were pulled in the third lottery. I was under the impression that it was all general admission but he said there are assigned blocks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Do not Panic guys, you can get a ticket once you arrive to Japan. Last year I bought mine 3 days before the festival in a ATM kind of machine at a convenience store in Tokyo. Regarding the assigned blocks, there are two different kind of tickets, left side and right side, it only affect the events taking place at CHIBA MARINE STADIUM. TooL is playing at the MAKUHARI MESSE so it is general admission. I guess there will be no problem about being able to see Tool. Almost the 85% of the people will be at the stadium checking Linkin Park.

By the way, my first TooL show ever was in Tokyo, during the preseminal tour, the day they premiered Parabol/parabola video. It was amazing.

If anyone wants any infot about Japan or the show, let me know. See you at Summer Sonic 06.

SALUD!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 AM   #8

I too am thinking of paying a visit to Japan in order to see Tool.

I wanted to get to both the Osaka and Tokyo shows.

Does anyone with experience have any advice or info that I should know.

Should I buy tickets online now or get them in person just prior to the shows?

Also the festivals website says 2 day tickets are sold out with only one day tickets left. Have i missed out? To me it seems I'd only want one day tickets to each event in order to see Tool only on the days they are playing in the respective cities.

I hope I made sense, I'm a little tired.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #9

You can buy tickets for saturday, OSAKA, and sunday, TOKYO.
If you are going to Osaka you can not buy tickets online. Well, If you are not in Japan i mean.
The two days ticket thing is a little weird. Anyway you can still buy one day tickets for the four days ( 2 days Osaka / 2 days Tokyo)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #10

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if tickets are likely to sell out?

If I can get tickets to the Tokyo show online that's fine, but if I have to wait until I get to Japan to buy tickets to the Osaka show and they're sold out I would be pretty dissappointed.

If they're not sold out, obviously I can buy them from the their ticket office.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

if you know where you're going to be staying you can have the tickets delivered to the hotel. i'm having to do that for summer sonic as well as another show the week before in Kobe and have had no problems. i just used the hotel address on the purchase page, and my home address here in the states for the billing address. granted, that's only do-able for the tokyo show, but i hope it helps.

and i really hope they get the full timetable up soon.

anyone planning on meeting up? i'm most likely making the trip by myself and it'd be nice to see other english-speaking fans there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

The deftones sites still dont list the summer sonic dates on their tour calendar. I'm almost as excited about seeing them saturday as I am about seeing tool play sunday. Hopefullly they wont be pulled off the list at the last minute.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

tabris from alabama, look for me. I'll be the only guy in tokyo wearing a green john deere cap.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

I am from England and I saw tool in London last month. I think I am going to Japan and might try the festival. It would be ace to see TooL again!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Deftones are playing at a place in shinjuku called the liquid room thursday before summer sonic.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

just checked the summer sonic site to see if the timetable was up yet (because i would really like to see both tool and linkin park, but if i have to pick, tool wins without even thinking about it) and saw some bad news for anyone that was planning to go but didn't already order tickets. two day passes sold out a while ago, but now single day passes for the 13th in tokyo are SOLD OUT. tickets for the 12th and 13th is osaka are still available, and it's only a couple hours away by shinkansen, so at least there's that.

i had planned on getting two day passes, but missed out. couldn't justify getting two one-day passes for the bands that are there. too bad deftones and tool aren't playing the same day. i'd have loved to see them do passenger.

@ thesmellofiron
i'll be the short, dark-blonde haired girl in rather large khaki pants. yell at me, i'll answer to 'tabris'. :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

This time next week I'll be drunk in Japan.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2006, 03:16 AM   #18
raj
Level 2 - Poster

Got my ticket... Been here a couple weeks and I can't wait 'til next Sunday. The Summer Sonic website says Tool is on at 7:20. What time is everyone planning to arrive? Going to be f-ing hot, so I may come a bit later in the day - not a lot of bands worth seeing anyway, in my opinion. I guess we'll all be easy to spot... Sayonara!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:06 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

i'll be getting there at open, there's a few other bands that i've been told are worth seeing (ellegarden, 10years), and i'm happy to get to see fort minor, since linkin park is playing att he same time as tool. [insert long rant about planning here] at least that means there won't be many just casual fans there, since i'm sure 90% of the place is going to be crammed in to watch lp.

and you're right about the heat. x.x i'm in kobe now (managed to snag tickets for w-inds.), and being from alabama i'm pretty much used to high heat and humidity. but damn. at least there's lost of people handing out pamphlets and stuff you can use as fans.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #20
SAR DeathCheater (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 3

http://www.summersonic.com/06/report/

PIcking the sunday shows, they will have pictures of from Tool near the end of their performance. Can see all the bands from today as well.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolzer
http://www.summersonic.com/06/report/

PIcking the sunday shows, they will have pictures of from Tool near the end of their performance. Can see all the bands from today as well.

Thanks for the link, man. There are some pretty sweet close-up pics of the band members (great quality).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: