opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye
That is correct....I did not get the circle of friends membership because I need 6 tickets for me and my friends. They will only let you buy 2 tickets. We would have to get 3 circle of friends memberships which would cost $180 before we even buy the tickets. And then when we do buy them on Wednesday there would be three sets of 2 tickets in different rows/sections. It just won't work.

I heard that there might be a 2 ticket limit for friday's public sale too. If anyone has any more information about this situation please post. Thanks.
only 2? really? that sucks then!! i guess i'll just wait till friday and try! i REALLY hope i can get some....
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Maken - you should have gotten some kind of password/code over the phone, that's what you'll need to put in to get the presale access.
I got a member number, it's 7 digits and a hyphen. Is that what you're talking about?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

Maken - that's what I have, too. That is the presale access key (your account number)

Sobot - as discussed in lots of threads, and to the general pissed-offedness of TA members, there are no pre-sales for these shows for TA members.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #44

I think you can only get pre sale through circle of friends because it's the humming bird centre thats doing this. I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great. Im interested in teaming up for the circle of friends if the presale isn't limited to two tickets. I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone has tickets from presale I will gladly take two of them off your hands. Im still undecided if Im going to register for circle of friends. I hope I can get tickets.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Remember, it's not like they'll sell out the place during presale. They have to reserve [lots] of tickets for the public sale. It's just the paranoid/crazies who want the presale (myself included)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbackagain2
I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great.
I was at that show too, amazing acoustics. We actually made a small standing area at the very front, maybe 6 or 7 people deep, it was wicked.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #47

yea i would really love to get tickets tommorrow.. but if it's limited to 2 tickets, then that sucks..

so does anyone know if the limit is 2 on friday also?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
o.k here - 3,200 seats in the venue - that's all folks

3200 tickets, minus the number-(x) is reserved for radio station contests (?), alotment for Saturday's Ticketmaster regular sale (?) Etc. (No idea what (x) would be)

3200 tickets, Let's say all Pre-Salers are lookin' at 8 tickets, divide = 400 people

half 1600, divide = 200

the math is simple (Goodluck!)

I don't understand what your saying here could you explain it for me

I emailed humming bird centre re: ticket limit ill let you know as soon as I found out
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I think you can only get pre sale through circle of friends because it's the humming bird centre thats doing this. I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great. Im interested in teaming up for the circle of friends if the presale isn't limited to two tickets. I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone has tickets from presale I will gladly take two of them off your hands. Im still undecided if Im going to register for circle of friends. I hope I can get tickets.
The presale IS limited to two tickets, I recieved this information directly from the circle of friends co-ordinator Jennifer @ the Hummingbird Centre. She said that all tickets will be available for the presale and the 2 ticket limit should ensure that it does not sell out. I cannot see 1600 circle of friends members by tomorrow to buy them all. I hope I can get some on Friday, and if I can't i hope there are nice tool fans out there to sell me a couple @ face value.....please, lol.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #50

So is the limit 2 tickets on friday? I hope I can get some to. What do you think is the best way internet or phone?

How many circle of friends are tool fans anyways? They normally have plays like the nutcracker and shit at this venue
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #51

Bincount™: 9

Like sianspheric said, buy more tickets (if you can) and sell the extra ones here because there are lots of very interested Tool fans here who would buy them off you (and who would be eternally grateful to you for helping them out).

If any of you guys get two extra tickets, GIVE ME A PM - I'd be more than happy to buy them off you (face value + part of the COF membership).
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
So is the limit 2 tickets on friday? I hope I can get some to. What do you think is the best way internet or phone?

How many circle of friends are tool fans anyways? They normally have plays like the nutcracker and shit at this venue
The only circle of friends members buying tickets tomorrow are hardcore fans (like myself but I cannot buy them tomorrow because I need 6 tickets together) and scalpers who will be selling their tickets in the front row for $200+ each.

The limit for Friday has not been confirmed yet, the Hummingbird Centre people think that it 'might' be 2 again. No one knows for sure yet, if anyone hears more about this then let me know, thanks! I think i am going to try and call ticketmaster.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #53

Good idea calling ticketmaster. We need to know

I will be willing to buy 2 preorder tickets if anyone has them tommorow. If not im chancing it friday
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nith Sahor
Like sianspheric said, buy more tickets (if you can) and sell the extra ones here because there are lots of very interested Tool fans here who would buy them off you (and who would be eternally grateful to you for helping them out).

If any of you guys get two extra tickets, GIVE ME A PM - I'd be more than happy to buy them off you (face value + part of the COF membership).
yea i agree.. i'm trying on friday, so anyone that has any extras PLEASE PM ME!!

thanks!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #55
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Good idea calling ticketmaster. We need to know

I will be willing to buy 2 preorder tickets if anyone has them tommorow. If not im chancing it friday
Just talked to ticketmaster, friday's public sale has a ticket limit of 2 tickets as well. So much for me getting 6 tickets together. That helps my chances of getting some on friday though!

Please pm me too if anyone has tickets!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #56

ok cool! thanks for letting us know! i just really hope i can get some then!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwijibo
ok cool! thanks for letting us know! i just really hope i can get some then!
We just need to get into the building.....every seat will be amazing...i saw tool @ the ACC 5 years ago and i was at the back of the stadium and it felt like i was in the front row....this venue will be so intimate that it won't matter where we sit. I have been right up front in a mosh pit for 2 other tool shows and the best way to experience tool is to sit back and soak it all in not to get right up front and freak out. Please just let me in the building!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nith Sahor

If anyone tries to buy more than 2 tickets with their circle of friends any duplicate orders will be cancelled according to Jennifer @ the hummingbird centre. Jennifer is REALLY nice and sounds super hot btw!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye
We just need to get into the building.....every seat will be amazing...i saw tool @ the ACC 5 years ago and i was at the back of the stadium and it felt like i was in the front row....this venue will be so intimate that it won't matter where we sit. I have been right up front in a mosh pit for 2 other tool shows and the best way to experience tool is to sit back and soak it all in not to get right up front and freak out. Please just let me in the building!
yea i dont really care where the seats are because the place isnt that big. I'm just worried about getting tickets..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #60
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

2 ticket limit is wicked
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #61
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Exactly Hodge - it prevents people from getting 2 tickets for themselves and 6 more to hack on Ebay later.

edit - it also screws people like the dude above who needs 6 tickets, but you can always get 3x2. further extortion for presale though, since you'd need $180 for 3 presale accounts.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Fuck, I just tried calling to get an account, but alas. No answer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #63
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Good luck everyone.

All we can hope is that all the people that try tomorrow, and everyone that tries on Friday....can somehow get tickets.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #64
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just signed up for Circle of Friends, heedless of the 2 ticket limit. As much as I dislike the fact that I'll be seated away from my friends, I'm happy that they're doing what they can to discourage people from exploiting the tickets.

Last edited by troutmask; 04-18-2006 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: grammar
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmask
Just signed up for Circle of Friends, heedless of the 2 ticket limit. As much as I dislike the fact that I'll be seated away from my friends, I'm happy that they're doing what they can to discourage people from exploiting the tickets.
did you jsut call?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #66

This is some insane shit happening. I also spoke to someone at COF today. She said the whole marketing department is helping to answer the phones. They've been inundated by us crazy Tool fans. The 2 ticket limit was changed by the show's producers - her words. In other words, Tool is enforcing this limit, not the venue. It was originally 8 tickets, as per COF membership policy.

To everyone I was going to get tickets for - sorry guys, it looks like it's out of my hands now.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #67

thats good its a 2 ticket limit.. hopefully we can all get tickets and not those freakin scalpers!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by *see*you*auntie*
This is some insane shit happening. I also spoke to someone at COF today. She said the whole marketing department is helping to answer the phones. They've been inundated by us crazy Tool fans. The 2 ticket limit was changed by the show's producers - her words. In other words, Tool is enforcing this limit, not the venue. It was originally 8 tickets, as per COF membership policy.

To everyone I was going to get tickets for - sorry guys, it looks like it's out of my hands now.
Thanks anyways ! I'm still gratefull that you were willing to try !
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwijibo
thats good its a 2 ticket limit.. hopefully we can all get tickets and not those freakin scalpers!!
There are always going to be scalpers, unfortunately. There is no way around that. There is nothing to stop any non-Tool fan COF member from buying their two tickets and selling them for an exorbitant sum. In fact, for $60/yr. a scalper would do well to buy a membership in order to have access to presales. If one scalper is doing it you can bet your ass there is gonna be a flood of them online tomorrow morning.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #70
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

dont you just want to murder scalpers.

because in reality....im sure 3200 tickets could feed the us completely crazy excited fans, the ones who have been waiting for this show for ages and will sit by a pc or on the phone like mad to get tickets. 3200 could be enough for us.

but its certainly not enough for the fairweather Tool fans, the ones not paying attention, the fratboys who will go a show to hear sober and stinkfist and mosh, and the rich kids who wont pay attention and then use mommy and daddy's visa to get tickets from scalpers off ebay for $400. fuck those people up their ass. I know its a tired arguement. but fuck scalpers up their ass over and over and over. If I get tickets, I get tickets....I'll try and if I dont and can find them for a remotely reasonable price, I'll buy them.

If not......fuck it, Mogwai is an amazing band playing at the Phoenix that night, and I'm sure we will see Tool in the Toronto area another couple of times during the touring for this album.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles The Clown
did you jsut call?
Right before I posted, yes. I dialed the Circle of Friends number and selected the Ticketmaster option.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by *see*you*auntie*
There are always going to be scalpers, unfortunately. There is no way around that. There is nothing to stop any non-Tool fan COF member from buying their two tickets and selling them for an exorbitant sum. In fact, for $60/yr. a scalper would do well to buy a membership in order to have access to presales. If one scalper is doing it you can bet your ass there is gonna be a flood of them online tomorrow morning.
i know they'll get them anyway... i just hope most of the fans can get them too before they're all taken by them! i fuckin HATE scalpers!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #73
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Well you can at least think that presale access will put you slightly ahead of the game. Like I said before, I'm a hardcore fan, I'll be driving 5 hours to get to Toronto, I'm not missing this show, and I'll pay for a slight advantage if I can.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #74

Bincount™: 9

dont buy tickets..please :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #75
Smokes poutine every day

anyone who is buying tickets tomororw
wait until 10:05 to call
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #76
Level 9 - Obstreperous

there's a typo on ticketmaster, the presale starts thursday.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #77
Smokes poutine every day

damnit
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Well you can at least think that presale access will put you slightly ahead of the game. Like I said before, I'm a hardcore fan, I'll be driving 5 hours to get to Toronto, I'm not missing this show, and I'll pay for a slight advantage if I can.
I totally agree. $60 extra is nothing for the opportunity to see Tool in such an intimate environment. This doesn't even come close to the absolutely crazy lengths I've gone to see Tool. I flew to LA with my sister and a friend to see Tool at Coachella in '99.
Is anyone else as excited as I am that there will be NO opportunity to mosh at this venue?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #79
Smokes poutine every day

yea
there's a lot of idiot tool fans

*jams to disposition* wooooo im rocking out here
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #80
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

if anyone would be willing to hook me up with tickets, i will love you for life. i live in hamilton, have a car and will be willing to pick people up (i'd be willing to drive a fair distance to pick people up too). if i end up with spare tickets, i'll definitely post again on this thread and give other people the opportunity
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: