opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermt
I feel like a group this large is going to be extemely difficult to manage. As much as I want us all to get tickets, I know some people are going to get screwed. I think it would almost be better if we would fragment into smaller groups and then if those smaller groups have extras, share them with the other small groups.

For instance, I only want 1 ticket. I feel like I probably have about a 25% chance of getting tickets. If I commit to try for 4 tix, and am in a group with 3 others in my same position, all four of us are practically guaranteed to get tix. We may even luck out and have 4 extra to contribute to another small group.

What do others think of this concept? I just think it's easier to manage small groups. And easier to trust members of your own small group.
That could be an option. We'll include everybody in the e-mail and get total number of tickets needed. This way we can put singles or double w/ those asking for 4 etc..

Like I said - I can't be on much tomorrow but if you guys work out something that makes sense here I'm willing to go w/ that plan. Get your idea ready for a "reply all" pitch on Wednesday into Thursday - we all vote and that is how we'll handle it.

I hope Florida Mike and the others who I haven't heard from since this afternoon can chime in with ideas. Thanks for taking part. Lets just make sure we all get tickets- we're all just doing each other a favor - no biggie.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Good night, fellas. I have faith that we can come up with a system and please everybody to a degree.

Like I said, the ideal would be to have everybody on the list claiming 2. Also, if each person taking a ticket made an attempt to get tickets it would increase our chances significantly.

Good night, all.
pk badshirt
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

yea, I can usually get tickets for shows before they happen. When Tool comes back around for the Arena shows, I will have blocks of 20, probably. Don't worry, it'll happen for us all.. if not, I highly advise Ebay. Can't say it enough.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #84
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

I propose that we have badshirt as the co-op manager, and then have captains that organize the small groups underneath him. Ideally members of groups will be in the same situatuion. For example a group of 4 where each person is trying to buy 4 but only needs 1 for themself. Another group may be where each person needs 2 tix and each is trying to buy 4 tix. The number of people in each group can be determined by the team captain, but 4 people per group seems like a good idea. What do you guys think?
12-Aug-02 Trenton, NJ | 13-Aug-02 NYC | 29-Oct-02 PHL | 17-May-06 PHL | 19-May-06 NYC | 20-May-06 NYC | 28-Sep-06 Camden, NJ | 02-Oct-06 Wilkes-Barre, PA | 05-Oct-06 Hartford, CT | 06-Oct-06 East Rutherford, NJ | 07-Oct-06 Long Island, NY | 09-Jun-07 Atlantic City, NJ | 23-Jun-07 Fort Wayne, IN | 29-Jun-07 Cincinnati, OH | 07-Aug-09 Cincinnati, OH | 16-Jul-10 Las Vegas, NV | 15-Mar-14 Las Vegas, NV | 22-Jan-16 STL | 23-Jan-16 Nashville, TN | 29-Oct-16 NOLA | 08-Jun-17 Rosemont, IL | 20-May-18 Columbus, OH | 08-May-19 Louisville, KY | 13-May-19 STL | 04-Jun-19 Prague | 05-Jun-19 Vienna | 15-Oct-19 DEN | 16-Oct-19 DEN | 31-Oct-19 MKE | 11-Nov-19 Toronto | 12-Nov-19 Toronto | 24-Nov-19 Raleigh, NC | 18-Jan-20 Glendale, AZ | 21-Jan-20 ATX | 29-Jan-20 Nashville, TN
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #85
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

Small groups.. hmm, not a bad idea.

I'm going to bed.. we'll see what's going on tomorrow.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #86
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I propose that we have badshirt as the co-op manager, and then have captains that organize the small groups underneath him. Ideally members of groups will be in the same situatuion. For example a group of 4 where each person is trying to buy 4 but only needs 1 for themself. Another group may be where each person needs 2 tix and each is trying to buy 4 tix. The number of people in each group can be determined by the team captain, but 4 people per group seems like a good idea. What do you guys think?
I would be cool with something like that - at least it would make it more manageable and not scare everybody off as much.

This way once a group has all of their tickets we pass the remaining on.
More manageable...less scary for participants ... probably a good idea.

I'll catch up w/ you guys. Miller & MikeTyson - I'll be back around some time later tonight or on Wednesday. Try to figure out w/ everybody else what the deal is.

Everybody have fun. Lets be cool to each other & make this happen.

Late.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #87
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

should i see Tool here, or wait til they come back around on a full tour? what about the fact that this is a fucking wednesday?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Sweet. This can definitely happen in a way where everyone contributes and isn't afraid of getting screwed over.

I'm going to bed, but let the discussion continue, and I'll join back in tomorrow.
12-Aug-02 Trenton, NJ | 13-Aug-02 NYC | 29-Oct-02 PHL | 17-May-06 PHL | 19-May-06 NYC | 20-May-06 NYC | 28-Sep-06 Camden, NJ | 02-Oct-06 Wilkes-Barre, PA | 05-Oct-06 Hartford, CT | 06-Oct-06 East Rutherford, NJ | 07-Oct-06 Long Island, NY | 09-Jun-07 Atlantic City, NJ | 23-Jun-07 Fort Wayne, IN | 29-Jun-07 Cincinnati, OH | 07-Aug-09 Cincinnati, OH | 16-Jul-10 Las Vegas, NV | 15-Mar-14 Las Vegas, NV | 22-Jan-16 STL | 23-Jan-16 Nashville, TN | 29-Oct-16 NOLA | 08-Jun-17 Rosemont, IL | 20-May-18 Columbus, OH | 08-May-19 Louisville, KY | 13-May-19 STL | 04-Jun-19 Prague | 05-Jun-19 Vienna | 15-Oct-19 DEN | 16-Oct-19 DEN | 31-Oct-19 MKE | 11-Nov-19 Toronto | 12-Nov-19 Toronto | 24-Nov-19 Raleigh, NC | 18-Jan-20 Glendale, AZ | 21-Jan-20 ATX | 29-Jan-20 Nashville, TN
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #89
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
should i see Tool here, or wait til they come back around on a full tour? what about the fact that this is a fucking wednesday?
Tool at the Tower is gonna be a once in a lifetime thing, you should NOT miss this if possible.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #90
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&numb
Tool at the Tower is gonna be a once in a lifetime thing, you should NOT miss this if possible.
I agree with bored&dumb
Personally, its a far bigger deal to me than the Stones at the Tower. If you've ever seen a Tool performance you'll know why. If you can get tickets, do it bro.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #91
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

I definitely agree with the limit of how many you can buy from the ticket pool - 2 max.

Someone suggested (in the other thread, I think) that the people who require the lowest # of tickets get to buy them from the pot first. I think this is fair because if you're on here planning and sweating this out, you're more deserving of a ticket than a friend who isn't on this board planning and sweating it out and won't be on a computer at 10AM clicking "refresh" over and over.

I personally will only need ONE ticket. *Possibly* two, my friend is a Tool fan but he's a med student and probably won't be able to go at all. So, yeah; just one, but I'll be trying to buy 4.

As far the ticket exchange goes, it needs to be kept simple. I like this idea: we'll start a new thread after the tickets are all sold. Everyone on the list post up how many tickets you were able to buy, and how many you have extra. Then, the people with extra tickets can simply sell their tickets to other people on the list, via random selection.

For example: I score 4 tix, I only need 1. So, I pick a number from 1 to 100, and have everybody on the list PM me with their guess. The 3 guys (/girls) with the closest guesses get the tickets. Whoever didn't win can contact someone else on the list with extras, and they can sell their tickets the same way.

At any rate, we should ALL try to get 4 a piece, by any means possible. It's not like you'll end up with tickets you won't be able to sell later...
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #92
Banned.

If anything, it's not going to be a matter of having too many tickets... trust that. It'll be more like... 3-4 people on this whole board get tickets... thats how scarce it will be.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think this...

Quote:
For example: I score 4 tix, I only need 1. So, I pick a number from 1 to 100, and have everybody on the list PM me with their guess. The 3 guys (/girls) with the closest guesses get the tickets. Whoever didn't win can contact someone else on the list with extras, and they can sell their tickets the same way.
...is a good method though.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #94
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Hey guys, I was talking on all of the other threads that got deleted about the tower I live very close to the tower and would liek to contribute as well, or be helped, however luck may have it. Apparently mmr said today though that the tickets are only online and by phone. kind of odd. Anyway I have a group of about 15 and at least 4 of us are going to order as many as possible which I believe mmr also said that there is a 4 ticket limit. Anyway any left overs will definitly be posted.

By the way...... Are they serious? The Tower?! Its an absolute dream come true. Ive only seen george carlin there but I cant even imagine what this show is going to be like. I could understand choosing the factory for a smaller venue but the tower is so random, yet so perfect. Caught me totally off guard.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #95
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one and one = one eleven
Ive only seen george carlin there but I cant even imagine what this show is going to be like. I could understand choosing the factory for a smaller venue but the tower is so random, yet so perfect. Caught me totally off guard.
If you have a group of 14, and 4 people with you get 4 tickets each, that is only 1 extra, which is highly cool of course, but it would be stellar if 15 people got 4 tickets and sold the remaining ones....

And George Carlin is THE SHIT!

I'm pretty amped that we are actually even considering doing this for each other and considering our fellow man. I mean, none of us know each other at all, but it appears that we are all willing to try and step up for complete strangers if possible...

Maybe we aren't all like is suggested by Vicarious?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 03:26 AM   #96
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

do we have a confirmation on the # of Philly tix available via Ticketmaster? I saw 4 being thrown around, just wondering...

FacelessDrone, I see you're down in the 7 cities, I'm from Newport News. Get over to the NorVa much? Now wouldn't that be a sick Tool show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessDrone
I definitely agree with the limit of how many you can buy from the ticket pool - 2 max.

Someone suggested (in the other thread, I think) that the people who require the lowest # of tickets get to buy them from the pot first. I think this is fair because if you're on here planning and sweating this out, you're more deserving of a ticket than a friend who isn't on this board planning and sweating it out and won't be on a computer at 10AM clicking "refresh" over and over.

I personally will only need ONE ticket. *Possibly* two, my friend is a Tool fan but he's a med student and probably won't be able to go at all. So, yeah; just one, but I'll be trying to buy 4.

As far the ticket exchange goes, it needs to be kept simple. I like this idea: we'll start a new thread after the tickets are all sold. Everyone on the list post up how many tickets you were able to buy, and how many you have extra. Then, the people with extra tickets can simply sell their tickets to other people on the list, via random selection.

At any rate, we should ALL try to get 4 a piece, by any means possible. It's not like you'll end up with tickets you won't be able to sell later...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:50 AM   #97
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
For instance, I only want 1 ticket. I feel like I probably have about a 25% chance of getting tickets. If I commit to try for 4 tix, and am in a group with 3 others in my same position, all four of us are practically guaranteed to get tix. We may even luck out and have 4 extra to contribute to another small group..
I think this is the best idea anyone's come up and probably the only way to do this whole thing. For a time last night I was getting concerned that by trying to buy 4 tickets when I only need 1 for myself there would be a good chance of fucking myself over. But if we use this small group method I'll be much more encouraged.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #98
Level 8 - Vociferous

Let's make this small group thing happen. It will, of course, be under the umbrella of badshirt's co-op, so any extras from the small group will be optioned to the co-op at the price the buyer paid.

I only need 1 ticket, and I will try to buy 4 on Saturday. I'm looking for 3 people in the co-op willing to do the same (buy 4, even though you only need 1) to join my small group. This is probably your best bet if you only need 1 ticket.

Before you respond that you want in this small group, please make sure that you are truly willing to part with 3 extra tickets at face value. If you are wishy-washy about it, don't join. This will only work if the 4 of us in the small group are honest with each other. And let me warn that I won't necessarily team up with the first 3 people who respond. I want to feel confident that the members of this small group are as committed and trustworthy as I am.

I encourage those of you with different situations (need 2 tix, etc.) to start other small groups within the co-op.

Alright, so who wants in my "Buy 4, Share 3" small group?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:04 AM   #99
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Let's make this small group thing happen. It will, of course, be under the umbrella of badshirt's co-op, so any extras from the small group will be optioned to the co-op at the price the buyer paid.

I only need 1 ticket, and I will try to buy 4 on Saturday. I'm looking for 3 people in the co-op willing to do the same (buy 4, even though you only need 1) to join my small group. This is probably your best bet if you only need 1 ticket.

Before you respond that you want in this small group, please make sure that you are truly willing to part with 3 extra tickets at face value. If you are wishy-washy about it, don't join. This will only work if the 4 of us in the small group are honest with each other. And let me warn that I won't necessarily team up with the first 3 people who respond. I want to feel confident that the members of this small group are as committed and trustworthy as I am.

I encourage those of you with different situations (need 2 tix, etc.) to start other small groups within the co-op.

I am in and will try to get as many as possible for the philly and or NYC shows.

[email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 AM   #100
$2 + a potato = $2

Quote:

Count me in on your Share group. Cyberslave would have to be in on it with me as well. We are going together.. we're both attempting to buy 4, and I need one ticket, he needs one ticket, and we need 2 for our friends, so we'll be trying for 4, for tdn also. Hopefully we can get lucky and both get 4, that way we'd cover the people we need, as well as have like 4 extras for everyone else in the small group, or other groups.

I think this group should be:

millermt
mike tyson
cyberslave
auralassassin (he's got 5 other people buying 4 each, he only needs 1)

if we need another one, whoever wants in?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #101
$2 + a potato = $2

ALSO, I'd really only like to work with people that seem really dedicated in this. I don't want to have to buy a ticket off someone on here, send them the money, and not get my ticket. Should we devise some sort of PayPal plan, or just be trustworthy? Because honestly, if I were sending someone a ticket, I'd want the money first before I sent the ticket, no hard feelings or offense to anyone personally.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 AM   #102
Level 2 - Poster

I'd like to get in on that group.

As for the payment thing, I think we just have to be trustworthy. If I get the three extra tickets I'm planning to buy, I'd rather make an exchange IN PERSON. I don't think I'll be mailing the tickets and getting in a "you go first", "no, you send first" situation.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #103
Level 4 - Thinker

I'd like to get in one this groupshare. My buddy and I need one each, we're each going to try and get 4 though and give the spares up
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #104
$2 + a potato = $2

Yeah, but I'm a controlling fuck and I'd be nervous about meeting up with conflicting times, people not answering cell phones, and being unprepared without a ticket to a show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #105
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
Count me in on your Share group. Cyberslave would have to be in on it with me as well. We are going together.. we're both attempting to buy 4, and I need one ticket, he needs one ticket, and we need 2 for our friends, so we'll be trying for 4, for tdn also. Hopefully we can get lucky and both get 4, that way we'd cover the people we need, as well as have like 4 extras for everyone else in the small group, or other groups.

I think this group should be:

millermt
mike tyson
cyberslave
auralassassin (he's got 5 other people buying 4 each, he only needs 1)

if we need another one, whoever wants in?
Mike,

Since you and cyberslave are in a different situation (buying 4 each, but actually need 2 each), I think you guys should be in a different small group than me and mosvar (who will be trying to buy 4, but only need 1 each).

I'm looking for 2 more people who will try to buy 4, and if they get them, they will be able to share 3 of the 4 with the other members of the small group.

I do love your commitment though Mike, and I would propose that my small group give yours first priority if our 4 members get more than 4 tickets.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 AM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree with mike tyson, I don't think I'd feel comfortable making the trip without having my tickets in hand and secure. I'd like to think everyone here would be honest enough to pay/send. Paypal would be really quick and we could ship tickets with whatever method the buyer is willing to pay for.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 AM   #107
Level 2 - Poster

You're nervous? I have to fly in for this. If I don't have ticket in hand, I'm gonna flip out. Whatever, I'm confident that we can figure out a situation that works for everyone. I've never used paypal. How would it work with that? Is there an escrow option?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #108
Level 4 - Thinker

quick search of paypal site:
Are you an escrow service?

No. We do not provide escrow-related services. We are a person-to-person payment service that enables instant and secure electronic payments.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #109
Level 4 - Thinker

When you buy tickets off Ticketmaster and you try to get more than the maximum allowed per person, will it just give you the highest limit or will some error come up and make you re enter you quantity.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #110
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalchime
When you buy tickets off Ticketmaster and you try to get more than the maximum allowed per person, will it just give you the highest limit or will some error come up and make you re enter you quantity.
It tells you the maximum number you can order.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #111
$2 + a potato = $2

Maybe we should do the paypal thing so it doesn't end up that someone sends money.. taking like 5 days, then another 5 to ship the tix..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:51 AM   #112
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Maybe we should do the paypal thing so it doesn't end up that someone sends money.. taking like 5 days, then another 5 to ship the tix..
Yeah, paypal would speed things up if people can't meet in person or aren't comfortable waiting to make the exchange right before the show.

Of course each small group can figure out what works best for them. Then the only question is how to distribute the extras to the rest of the co-op.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:54 AM   #113
$2 + a potato = $2

I just did a little reading over at PayPal's website. There's a fee to make a transaction? Lame.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:56 AM   #114
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I just did a little reading over at PayPal's website. There's a fee to make a transaction? Lame.
Yeah, paypal isn't as good as it used to be. But paying a small fee may be worth it to ensure you have tickets in hand.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:58 AM   #115
$2 + a potato = $2

That's a good point.. if I were buying tix off someone here they'd get cash in a greeting card.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:59 AM   #116
Level 3 - Talker

Where are people located at, for a person-to-person ticket exchange,
i work in quakertown, but have no problem driving down to philly some evening if it would come to that
Thurs, Sept 28, 2006 08:00 PM
PIT/GA

Tool: Wachovia Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Monday, Oct 2, 2006 08:00 PM
FL5 Row P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #117
$2 + a potato = $2

I'm going to be living in Philly until May 10th. So I'll do hand-to-hands if we can do it before then.

Also... tomorrow I'm going to call the Tower and see what's going on, get a final word about the whole thing, as well as ask if the bottom is going to be seats or what, since someone said they take them out sometimes. The box office at the tower is only open on days of concerts and first-day ticket sale days.. and there's a show there tomorrow, so hopefully I get some final answers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #118
$2 + a potato = $2

Typeoserv made a good point that since we all live around the philly area, we can do hand-to-hand transactions. But then again, we'd have to pay for speedy shipping so they don't come really late and we get screwed.

Maybe we should all say where we're from and if we can do that or not,,,
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #119
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'd love to be a part of someone's small group; I will be trying to buy 4 but will only need 1 (my friend can't go). If there's still room to add me into that little group you guys are forming, count me in.

I live in VA, so person-to-person exchange wouldn't work for me personally. I'd be fine with Paypal, and sending the ticket by certified mail (the assurance of it getting there is worth the extra ~$4).

Last edited by facelessDrone; 04-18-2006 at 08:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #120
Level 4 - Thinker

I live in VA, so couldn't make any hand-hand exchanges. I would be willing to send quick paypal payments or use speedy shipping to send cash to anyone.

Also, my friend and I will try to get 8 total if we can indeed get 4 each, however we will only be using 2 of these.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: