opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 08. Intermission
User Name
Password
Old 01-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
a quick opinion

i remember i heard this song "jimmy" once and thought, hey this is cool.

but then i heard the track prior to it, "intermission" and quickly realized it was almost the same thing! since i hate long songs (ones over 2 minutes or so), now i only have to listen to intermission so i can save time.

(ps - thanks, tool, for giving me even less original stuff on Aenima than i had bargained for!)
Old 01-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

that makes no sense then why do you like tool if you hate long songs....
Old 02-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: a quick opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by halo99
i remember i heard this song "jimmy" once and thought, hey this is cool.

but then i heard the track prior to it, "intermission" and quickly realized it was almost the same thing! since i hate long songs (ones over 2 minutes or so), now i only have to listen to intermission so i can save time.

(ps - thanks, tool, for giving me even less original stuff on Aenima than i had bargained for!)
I don't even know where to start. This is one of the most retarded comments I have heard.

its not the same song, its just an intermission, preparing the listener for 'Jimmy". Its actually supposed to be heard with Jimmy, like Parabol and Parabola and the D/R/T on Lateralus. They are similar, but they are in no way the same - for one, Intermission has no lyrics, Jimmy does.

Aenima is one of the most original albums there is. By that final sentence you showed you proved just how completely ignorant you are.

-Andy
Old 02-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Re: a quick opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Aenima is one of the most original albums there is. By that final sentence you showed you proved just how completely ignorant you are.
not only is Ænima one of the most original albums, but i think its safe to say its one of the BEST albums of the 90's.
i cant really begin to understand why you would want to listen to intermission without jimmy. i mean, its hard for me to understand skipping ANY songs on Ænima, but if you have to skip around, at least play the song with its into. god.

halo, please do everyone a favor and dont post anymore completely retarded "quick opinions" here...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:57 AM   #5

Bincount™: 4
You stupid bitch ass fuck! what are you trying to do with this thread? make us mad??? well, you succeeded! GRRRR
Old 02-21-2003, 07:34 PM   #6

Bincount™: 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Windowlicker
You stupid bitch ass fuck! what are you trying to do with this thread? make us mad??? well, you succeeded! GRRRR

I Second that motion. It's almost as bad as a " Tool lyrics have no meaning. " post. What do these people do all day? I imagine eat Mcdonalds and Smoke large quatities or crack, pretend they are Marry Poppins, and jump from an airplane with an umbrella. (Atleast I plead with them to on the latter half of those activities.)

They need a "Pit Of Massive Flames" forum to move posts like this to so we can all just know where to find people to make fun of.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:49 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruitbar11
I Second that motion. It's almost as bad as a " Tool lyrics have no meaning. " post. What do these people do all day? I imagine eat Mcdonalds and Smoke large quatities or crack, pretend they are Marry Poppins, and jump from an airplane with an umbrella. (Atleast I plead with them to on the latter half of those activities.)

They need a "Pit Of Massive Flames" forum to move posts like this to so we can all just know where to find people to make fun of.
You are not only ignorant, but an imbecile too.

Skene Pas Ho Bios
Old 02-25-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129
the only real filler of aenima to me are a message to harry manback and caesoreo summability (can't spell it) the rest serve a very good purpose, intermission being a humorous intro to jimmy, (-)iosn being a great intro to third eye, usefful idiot being a decent fade into 46 and 2, and so on.... oh and i find die eeir von satan quite humorous and i like the bass

my point is even without the above mentioned songs that could be deemed "filler" and "boring", the actual songs on there are worth buying the album alone, with or without filller
Old 03-05-2003, 05:53 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

I like "Message To Harry Manback" it is really funny
Old 03-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

haha

wut a fucking retard!! he shoulda kept hes mouth shut...now he has alota angry tool fans on his ass lol
Old 03-15-2003, 12:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Phosphoros

You are not only ignorant, but an imbecile too.

Skene Pas Ho Bios
What an interesting bit of info you have contributed. I implore you to continue making simple posts without the backing of reasoning and logical thought. I have a million levels that I could and most likely should insult you on, but I won't.

Oh, and I suggest you get off your stage. You're making a mockery of yourself, and I don't believe that is the effect you are striving for. Your post was meaningless, and neither contributed to the topic nor moved it along. Although this topic was dead on the unwelcome opinion of the original poster, your meandering thoughts are nearly as unwelcome by me.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #12
TDN Grandad

Bincount™: 472
it is the same song as jimmy just played on the organ, i think it was meant to be funny, a take off of the intermission in monty python and the holy grail
Old 04-23-2003, 09:08 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

yeah, it is the riff to jimmy sped up a lot and played on an organ, as for monty P., i never thought of that one... but i did just watch that movie yesterday so i see what you mean. Intermission always seemed a kind of twisted track to me, it sounds light and humoruos but being stuck between hooker and jimmy it somehow retains a darkness about it. Well, the darkness comes more from jimmy, which is one of the more powerful tool songs for me personally.

I once heard someone venture a theory that it was about sex... that it had an "in-out" rhythm to it, and then the bridge where there's the loud chords are the orgasms, and the little melodies in between the crashing chords are trickling juices. No i'm not making this up, i swear i read this somewhere a long time ago.

I personally would not have it playing during sex, i consider it a darkly humorous intro to jimmy and an integral part of jimmy. But the sex thing is funny to tell to other people.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: