opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
2nd guitar during the solo

Does anyone who's musically inclined have any suggestions about what's going on with the second guitar during the first guitar solo? I've been trying to learn it but it's obviously difficult to decipher much.

Tried to experiment with panning and some effects in Audacity to make it more audible but the results were less than useful.

It's probably all improvised but maybe there's a certain scale or motif that Adam uses during this solo?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Ski Free

Bincount™: 1219
Re: 2nd guitar during the solo

It's the same notes and scales used as the first guitar played with a bunch of effects layered to cut out the low end and add a ring modulation.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:11 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2nd guitar during the solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
It's the same notes and scales used as the first guitar played with a bunch of effects layered to cut out the low end and add a ring modulation.
Interesting, that's definitely seems to be true about the parts 4:49-4:58 and 5:34-5:45 of the solo atleast. In some of the crazier parts that's buried in the mix, improvised shredding in D locrian sounds pretty good to me. Or maybe he's just playing some atonal or chromatic nonsense, it's hard to tell.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: