opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8
Re: Glasgow Gig on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexingtongue
Will be my first Tool show and im shitting myself with excitement. Anyone else going? And to the American people out there who have already had the good fortune to see the band this year what kind of set list should I expect? Long, short, old, new?
Congrats my friend. I just saw Tool for the first (and second time, 2 nights apart!) on this tour, after being a pretty intense fan since oh, about novemember of 2002, just too late to see them on their last tour. Anyways I was completely blown away seeing them, despite the fact that it was a relatively short show... no longer than an hour and a half. Don't look up the setlist for any recent gigs (if you haven't already), they will probably play the same songs the have been. That said, the concert totally blew all previous concerts out of the water for me. The band is fucking tight. They sound exactly like their cd, just way louder so the vibrations take over your whole body. I'm sure the crowd will be great too, nothing like Tool fans. Everyone will be rocking out in their own little world, glued to every note, and screaming their heads off at every appropriate junction.

A lot of people have been dissing the tour though, mostly for the shorter set list, and lack of any surprising picks for the setlist. These people all have already been initiated into the tool live show cult, having seen, by all accounts, the incredible Lateralus tour. Don't worry about what they say. You are about to see the best concert of your life up to this point.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/06/11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Academy

still looking for weed.......flying in on saturday morning.....anyone? anyone?
Ben Affleck was really good in that movie.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

hello.I saw tool in 2001 in the barras, was a treat! me and my missus are heading through to see them on sunday. any news on the support act? my mate just called me from download whilst they were on.. mmmm tool.

so are we geeks meeting up or sumin? just the 2 of us going so that could be cool
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #44
wraithin' it with da ancients

Bincount™: 16535

i dont think there is a meet but ill be wearing my tool shirt with a silver wrench logo on the back, i have a beard and shoulder length hair. just shout at me and maybe we can organise a pub visit after the show
Old 06-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

i'm still up for a meet! only just got back from new york!!!! lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

mArtyr ill be wearing the same t-shirt - dno how to describe my self hair is near my shoulders. Theres me an my friend going so just the two of us. - so is no one interested in a meet-up
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2006, 02:51 AM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Me and a bunch of friends are going.....

ITS GONAN BE AWESOME!

waited 5 years, so it had better be.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2006, 05:02 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

well me and my missus would gladly meet up with anyone for a pre gig smoke/drink. gigs are more fun with more ppl but none of our friends were interested, huh! Anyone interested, email me at [email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #49
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

If any of you are in the cathouse in glasgow tonight, we'll be the mad drunk irish people!
Ben Affleck was really good in that movie.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: