opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #161
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightshadow
Well, if you find yourself too ill to make it to the show, let me help you with one of those tickets... *cough* ;)

Guess it looks like I'm stuck actually going to work tomorrow! Sigh.
[edited to remove ticket ad, as I have now found a buyer, thank-you-craigslist!]

Last edited by brightshadow; 05-01-2006 at 09:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #162
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempathy
anyone help me out..i've snuck cameras in in the past through metal detectors but they were plastic disposables that didn't cause the beepers to go apeshit...however my pictures never turned out good and i'd like to bring along a digital camera, problem is..the thing is metal. all around. any ideas guys? i'm assuming they'll do metal detectors like they did during the pre-seminal lateralus tour, in which event they turned away people with simple metal jewelry. 'leave it or don't come in'....i hope it won't be that harsh this time around but i'd like a safe sure-fire way to get this camera in. any help would be appreciated, and all pictures will be hosted and shared!
I saw two shows on the Tool/KC west coast tour; Silva Auditorium in Eugene, where the security was fairly relaxed and I expect I could have smuggled a camera in if I was clever about it, and the Portland show at, i think, the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (maybe it was Keller Auditorium.. both are about the same size, though) -- that show, apparently there was a death threat made, and they had tripled security, and were taking everything that was not a wallet or car keys. They took my little tiny mag-lite, even after I offered to take the batteries out of it, they took it anyway. Grrrrr.

Could go either way, but it's probable that they specifically do NOT want flash photography there, because it's very annoying.. especially when this is the second show they've actually played in almost 4 years.

My only suggestion is to befriend a roadie or a security guard, if they're being really draconian about things, you will probably have to stow EVERYTHING in your car (I'm glad I'm meeting the guy buying my extra ticket before the show for a beer, I would be pretty ticked if they confiscated my cell phone because it's got a camera in it with no flash :P)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #163
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
I saw two shows on the Tool/KC west coast tour; Silva Auditorium in Eugene, where the security was fairly relaxed and I expect I could have smuggled a camera in if I was clever about it, and the Portland show at, i think, the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (maybe it was Keller Auditorium.. both are about the same size, though) -- that show, apparently there was a death threat made, and they had tripled security, and were taking everything that was not a wallet or car keys. They took my little tiny mag-lite, even after I offered to take the batteries out of it, they took it anyway. Grrrrr.

Could go either way, but it's probable that they specifically do NOT want flash photography there, because it's very annoying.. especially when this is the second show they've actually played in almost 4 years.

My only suggestion is to befriend a roadie or a security guard, if they're being really draconian about things, you will probably have to stow EVERYTHING in your car (I'm glad I'm meeting the guy buying my extra ticket before the show for a beer, I would be pretty ticked if they confiscated my cell phone because it's got a camera in it with no flash :P)

it was hult center, in eugene. i was at that one, that was tight security too. at the coliseum in november though they weren't as bad, no metal detectors at least.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #164
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempathy
it was hult center, in eugene. i was at that one, that was tight security too. at the coliseum in november though they weren't as bad, no metal detectors at least.
Yeah -- Silva is one of the 'wings' of the Hult Center, isn't it? They weren't too mean to me at that one, I got a quickie patdown and let through with the same stuff that they confiscated the very next night in Portland. I had second row (well, row B, there is that 'VIP' section in front of the normal people seating) seats to that show, it was -awesome-. Bought crummy seats to the Portland show the next night, and Portland was good, but nothing in comparison to Eugene that time around. I have pretty good seats for the Seattle one tomorrow; front-center section of mezzanine. I can't wait I can't wait! :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #165
Level 1 - Lurker

Is there an opening act or will Tool go on at 8pm? I get off work at 8 and need to know whether to slip out a bit early.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #166
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just arrived at the hotel in Seattle... those Coachella reviews were fucking AWESOME. same with the setlist. I can't wait. I will definately post my best review as soon as I can too...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #167
Level 1 - Lurker

First time posting here... just wanted to say hi to all the people I was going to the concert with!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #168
Level 2 - Poster

hey, any seattlers willing to sell me a bit of ganj at the show? i don't wanna risk carrying the border.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #169

just got back from the record store with my copy of 10k days..now it is time to rest and wake up for my trip up to ctown in the afternoon... see you all at the show!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #170
Level 3 - Talker

i have to try and hope the mail shows up early, tower.com is mailing my copy of the album. would like to be able to listen to the genuine article on the way up to the show today. y'know, as opposed to the one with the two second gaps. because i'm a fucker. but damnit, i paid for the thing. just couldn't wait when it was staring me in the face. :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 07:13 AM   #171
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
i have to try and hope the mail shows up early, tower.com is mailing my copy of the album. would like to be able to listen to the genuine article on the way up to the show today. y'know, as opposed to the one with the two second gaps. because i'm a fucker. but damnit, i paid for the thing. just couldn't wait when it was staring me in the face. :P
Yeah... well apparently it sounds much better than the leak anyways... that is if you're like me and have the really shitty first leak. Maynard sounds like a warbly mess on my leak. (Off to buy the record... after my free continental breakfast of course [lame])
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #172
Level 3 - Talker

Oh man. This is it. I've waited over three years for this day to come. I'm bringing binoculars just in case. Does anyone know what time the doors open?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #173
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64

For you peeps that will be in Seattle tonight for Tool's 1st mini-tour show @ the Paramount, shoot me a line here or on yahoo. snowmayne at yah00 dot com.

I'll be up there around 1pm prior to the show and will find a wireless spot as soon as I get settled in. Other than that I'll just be trompin about the town until showtime.

Gotta love the this good weather *grins*

~mEeP!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #174
tdn $upporter

Bincount™: 9

people still planning on going to the Six Arms for beer and whatnot?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #175
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston
people still planning on going to the Six Arms for beer and whatnot?
I was just gonna meet the guy that's picking up my extra ticket for a beer. Is that place near the venue? I don't know the area at all. Not that I know any of you necessarily, but I'll be in blue jeans and a Decepticon t-shirt with a lovely leather trenchcoat and a pair of nicely riveted Fluevog boots. Ooh yeah. Say hi to brightshadow if you pass him so he can look at you like you're insane and then show no signs of recognition at all at the mention of your name! :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #176
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 362

Tonight!
Six Arms: Yes
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #177
Level 3 - Talker

Yes... tonight is the night, the first time I see TOOL live. This is going to be a day of great contrasts... here I am at work, bored out of my mind... and in a little over 8 hours from now I will be in Seattle seeing TOOL... I'm sure this will be the best tuesday i've ever had, tuesdays usually suck ass
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #178
tdn $upporter

Bincount™: 9

Six Arms is @ 300 E Pike St., about 3 blocks from the venue. Paramount is on Pine, which runs parallel with Pike. you'll probably be walking uphill 3 blocks and over one block (my best guess). ask someone for directions if needs be.

Last edited by GernBlanston; 05-02-2006 at 11:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #179
Level 3 - Talker

words can't describe how jealous I am of all of you who scored tickets to this show.

You bastards better post audio and video recordings ASAP!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #180
hookers and peanuts

Bincount™: 5403
Seattle show tonight

Should this be considered the first FULL show, since Coachella was an abbreviated festival appearance?

I'm hoping for an extended, fuller setlist than the one posted for Coachella.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #181
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Re: Seattle show tonight

Yes.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #182
hookers and peanuts

Bincount™: 5403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidar
Yes.
Thank you for elaborating.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #183

Bincount™: 1

i would think so. i'm imagining that the set will be similar to the one they played @ coachella but extended. i'm going to the oakland show in 2 days and i imagine that the set in seattle will be similar so i'm going to avoid looking at the reviews until after i've gone to the show. i want my surprise/excitement level to remain at a maximum.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #184

Bincount™: 28

I'm goin to the 2nd NY show, there's no damn way I'll wait to see the setlist. Hopefully they'll play for a longass time, and all the standards will be included, and tracks 1,2,5,8,10 off 10,000 days. Shit, half the people there paid at least 250 a ticket. And when they came to Richmond they weren't thrilled with our shitty audience so they played a kind of short set. They owe my ass.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #185
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Im sure it will be relatively the same, maybe with a a few more tunes off the new album-like Rosetta Stoned.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: