opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #41
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310
Re: Maynard and the fan - Am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
I've thought that too about it happening during pushit. Its almost as tho the mood of the song demanded that maynard tackle the guy and do what he did. Its as though maynard simply never broke character.
Yes. I think that everything happened perfectly as it should have, and it makes no since to argue against Maynard's character based on his actions here. I think it's more a testament to his focus, intuition, and skill.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #42
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
Yes. I think that everything happened perfectly as it should have, and it makes no since to argue against Maynard's character based on his actions here. I think it's more a testament to his focus, intuition, and skill.
Actually, it makes perfect since
Old 09-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #43
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Sense when?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #44
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Sense when?
*smirk* heh heh
Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #45

Bincount™:

The guy wanted attention, and jumped on the stage. And Maynard put him on the ground and sang while on top of him. I don't think you can get a much better seat to hear Tool than that. At least security didn't get hold of him. Ever jump on stage at a show like that?
Coach outlet
Coach outlet stores
Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake me up View Post
First of all, hello to all. This is my first post, i didn't think to write about this when i signed in but i saw the link to Maynard and the fan on youtube and thought to share what i felt about it.

I really love Tool. I'm addicted to their music and love what their songs mean to me and what i understand from them, about life, people, what we can be and the message of thinking for yourself at all times.

This is why it was so hard for me to see Maynard's action's on stage in this video. It contradicts to me a lot of what he says and writes about [and Tool's in general].

I really hope this was staged. it would be much more reasonable to me. I love Tool and really respect Maynard for his ideas, point of view and action, that's why it's really hard for me to see him in this video. didn't expect from someone who sings "we are all one", "Crucify the ego" and becoming better human beings to give some dush a trauma for his life, how wrong and stupid the fan was.

Humiliating someone like that in front of a crowd.

and if the fan was trippin' and needed to be "calmed and taken care of" [like some said] i'm sure there are much better more "caring" ways than this [i would want to die if i'd be in a situation like that].

To me it just showed an ugly side of Maynard i'm sad to see. if this was actually not staged, and i really hope it was. I know we are all humans and have good and bad but this to me just contradicts a lot of what seemed to be Tool's principals and view of how to act, Especially when this clearly seems to be a fan wasted and not some evil example that need's to be taught a lesson. It seemd to me to be "part of the show" not caring what it does to someone else.

btw as those of you who read the comments see i copyed my comment from youtube [as Filthyjuden] and pasted it as a part of this message.

I just wish to see what other Tool fans think of this, not just the "blood sucking croewd" on youtube cheering "yay i'd do that too if someone came like that at me ha ha".
wow... sympathy for some asshole who jumped on stage. fuck that guy he got what he deserved... i hope it WASNT staged
Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #47
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

good bump, I had a nice light-hearted chuckle over posts 44-47 again.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #48
Level 12 - Scurrilous

I find it funny how some people here are mad at Maynard thinking he took it too far...fuck that stupid fan for being a jackass and interrupting the show that they put so much time, effort, and soul into this culmination of their art and some drunk asshole with no respect or regards jumps on stage? Fuck him! He's lucky Maynard was even that lenient.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake me up View Post
First of all, hello to all. This is my first post, i didn't think to write about this when i signed in but i saw the link to Maynard and the fan on youtube and thought to share what i felt about it.

I really love Tool. I'm addicted to their music and love what their songs mean to me and what i understand from them, about life, people, what we can be and the message of thinking for yourself at all times.

This is why it was so hard for me to see Maynard's action's on stage in this video. It contradicts to me a lot of what he says and writes about [and Tool's in general].

I really hope this was staged. it would be much more reasonable to me. I love Tool and really respect Maynard for his ideas, point of view and action, that's why it's really hard for me to see him in this video. didn't expect from someone who sings "we are all one", "Crucify the ego" and becoming better human beings to give some dush a trauma for his life, how wrong and stupid the fan was.

Humiliating someone like that in front of a crowd.

and if the fan was trippin' and needed to be "calmed and taken care of" [like some said] i'm sure there are much better more "caring" ways than this [i would want to die if i'd be in a situation like that].

To me it just showed an ugly side of Maynard i'm sad to see. if this was actually not staged, and i really hope it was. I know we are all humans and have good and bad but this to me just contradicts a lot of what seemed to be Tool's principals and view of how to act, Especially when this clearly seems to be a fan wasted and not some evil example that need's to be taught a lesson. It seemd to me to be "part of the show" not caring what it does to someone else.

btw as those of you who read the comments see i copyed my comment from youtube [as Filthyjuden] and pasted it as a part of this message.

I just wish to see what other Tool fans think of this, not just the "blood sucking croewd" on youtube cheering "yay i'd do that too if someone came like that at me ha ha".
Someone is taking this a tad too seriously. It was the fan who asked for the humiliation, not Maynard.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

to wake me up- thanks for bringing up this topic. you seem to base your posting on your view of TOOL, and MJK's lyrics as being very influenced by eastern philosophy. I see the same thing in it, too. Although, I feel you have missed a few things in eastern philosophies, based up your reaction to the incident. You claimed you did not like seeing Maynard act in this manner because it contradicts what you see in the lyrics and music. I respectfully disagree, there has always been a violent aspect to thier music, and a dark sense of humor. Most likely you have attached yourself to an image you have of Maynard, and when the desire to see that image was not met, you pushed it away. The path to enlightenment involves achieving inner peace, and harmony. Doing away with inner conflict in all of it's forms. Getting all the aspects of the self to work in concert with each other. Not just the happy, lovey aspects of the self.

I saw a very peaceful Maynard handle a situation, and in my opinion he made the choice to use that fan as a symbol for what he feels about Pushit. We could all talk at length about the exact source of inspiration for Pushit's lyrics, but, we should all agree that each "take" on the meanings share the same concept. Having something forced on you, you don't want. "you still love me, but, you didn't need to pushit on me" So, the fan put Maynard somewhere he didn't want to be, and Maynard returned the favor. Notice how he screams into the back of the fans head at the end, specifically the line "remember I always love you, as I claw your fucking throat away, it will end no other way". I see him telling the fan: what did you expect would happen?

SO, you say it makes you look at Maynard differently. I say GOOD, because you have taken a narrow view of the man thus far. He is a human, with many aspects to his being. They aren't all "We are all one mind" "crucify the ego", there's also a man that used anal fisting as an analogy, and a band that made a song about a guy on blotter acid in a hospital raving about being "The One". IF you accept this band and the lyrics, then accept all of it, not just the parts you want to see.
Peace
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: