opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 11-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Embroidery

Hi! :D This is my first post on this forum, and i'm a little giddy about it. Also a little high, so forgive my enthusiasm. ^_^

Here is something i've been looking forward to sharing:

This is an embroidery i did over the summer, of a perhaps vaguely familiar image. A friend of mine had it tattooed on his arm, so when i decided to try embroidering, i tried for this. (i like to start out simple, you know.) Woo, pretty colors.

It's this beautiful silk yarn that i dyed with different colors and embroidered along with thin thread onto black fabric. i went a lil' bit manic for a while and did it in 16 hours. fun times! :)

i sent one of the picture to the cosm.com newsletter, and the Alex's displayed it in one of their past newsletters, hooray. they liked it~

wwwhhhooooooooooooossshhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhh.

and here is a cannabis leaf. yar.

i lost the pictures of the fabric still on the hoop; in this picture, it's been cut out, ready to be made into an iron-on patch, which i gave to a friend who had appropriately gotten out of jail for possession before then. o ho ho.

Please let me know what you think. I'm looking forward to exchanging a lot of thoughts with you all. :)

~andrea
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Embroidery

hi. is what i am right now. and i wanted to share a thing or two that i've stitched for fun.

i tried my hand at embroidering over the summer.. a friend of mine has it tattooed on his arm, so i tried for it. (i like to start out simple, you know.)

it's this beautiful silk yarn that i dyed with different colors and embroidered along with thin thread onto black fabric. i went a lil' bit manic for a while and did it in 16 hours. it's nice to look at and touch :]

i sent one of the picture to the cosm.com newsletter, and they displayed it in one of their past newsletters.

wwwhhhooooooooooooossshhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhh.

and here is a cannabis leaf. yar.

i lost the pictures of the fabric still on the hoop; in this picture, it's been cut out, ready to be made into an iron-on patch, which i gave to a friend who had appropriately gotten out of jail for possession before then. o ho ho.

lemme know whatcha think.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: