opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 10-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Negaitve Energy, Vulnerable State

OK... ive thought this for as long as this CD has been out. Ive always felt wierd about this song and always felt like its a repetitive chant of some sort....

Last nite I was listening to this CD in my bed and this song paralized me and I had very bad emotions. I felt an over whelming guilty and scard feeling. sorta like a bad trip on shrooms. As soon as the song ended I was released or whatever and was able to move and think a bit clearer. The feeling slowly wore off. I felt like something was on my back in a way (I cant put the feeling into words)and there for I think that this song arouses negative energy or somthing like that. The bad feelings slowly wore off. Gone in about 30 minutes.
It wasnt like a bad dream feeling really, tho i wasnt fully awake. IDK what happened!

I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT THAT KINDA STUFF
but i do belive in spirits and I know Danny Carey summons them or whatever its called when they record or play. Well. At least thats what BLAIR has said a few times. Prolly bull. Prolly not.

All I KNOW is that this song is WIERD and very powerful. I LOVE TOOL and I think this CD is the most spirtually hopeful and beautiful CD out by them. Its like medicine to me and my mom, who loves TOOL also.

Let me hear what you guys think about this song.

I am not full of shit about this. Honestly if i read this I would think this person is just a TOOL nerd being a dork but i only posted this so that maybe I could learn somthing from somone and hear what youy think ablout it. Go ahead make me feel dumb. I just wanna hear from somone about this because i dont have any fans of TOOL as friends...

THANKS
-Jack Muhhogov
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 189
Re: Negaitve Energy, Vulnerable State

I haven't listened to the lateralus album beyond Lateralus, the song always kind of breaks my concentration, don't like it. However, i will try to get past it again tonight, Did you listen to the whole album first, or did you skip straight this song?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

This song is AMAZING.

Danny Carey has an Enochian board used to invoke spirits. When asked in an interview if they took the board with them when recording, he replied "Sure, we like to use every tool available to us."

In no way does that make the song evil. I listen to this song all the fucking time, it's probably my favourite. Never does it invoke within me any negative emotions, nothing but positive.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
njm
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Rather than the song placing negative emotions in you, I would say the song may have released you from the illusion of your ego.
That is, the part that you identify as your true self, but is actually an illusion. It is hard to describe.
Anyway, when this happened, you may have experienced extreme fear because it is as if you are dying! The part of you that you were so sure is the REAL you was gone, yet YOU were still aware... Essentially dead, but not really. Of course, if you weren't expecting this, or didn't ever consider it as a possiblity, then it would be very frightening.

Does this sound right to you?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by insectpinsNR View Post
It wasnt like a bad dream feeling really, tho i wasnt fully awake. IDK what happened!
It's called Hypnogogia. If you were falling asleep then that's almost certainly what it was. Your body falls asleep but your mind remains active. You feel paralysed, unable to speak (or scream if it scares you that much) and, more often than not, if you're not used to this altered state (which many people are, it's not an uncommon thing) it can be absoloutely terrifying. It usually lasts for just a few seconds, sometimes minutes, but the feeling stays with you for a little while afterwards. It's quite a fascinating experience once you get used to it, and even more interesting is the fact that no one knows why it occurs, so it's quite mysterious.

As for Triad, that might have had an effect on the experience but it's not what caused it. There is no trigger for the Hypnogogic state, it simply occurs naturally. Then again, if it wasn't Hypnogogia then maybe it was the song, but if it was then you'll have to see if it ever happens again when you're listening to the track.
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriah jones View Post
dude are you on mescal?
No. Why?
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: