Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

people will drink and smoke whenever they want to regardless of what the law says...
Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #121
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: This song DOES have something to do with marijuana

people will drink and smoke whenever they want to regardless of what the law says...
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomino
Heh, Rush Limbaugh.

"Who are you to point your fatty finger at me?"

I never thought of that until reading this post. It does make sense that those fatass fingers could be Rush's. Haha. Fat f*cker pops pills and shames the rest of the country. I love it. I think the word America translates to Hypocrite. Or atleast it should.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #122
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomino
Heh, Rush Limbaugh.

"Who are you to point your fatty finger at me?"

I never thought of that until reading this post. It does make sense that those fatass fingers could be Rush's. Haha. Fat f*cker pops pills and shames the rest of the country. I love it. I think the word America translates to Hypocrite. Or atleast it should.
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM

Who cares if rush pops pills. Don't get sucked into the media's big news! I don't care who's popping pills, smokin' dope, shooting up, getting their mud-packed....its none of my business, and I think others including the papparrazzi-media should follow suite
Old 07-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #123
Level 7 - Loquacious

Who cares if rush pops pills. Don't get sucked into the media's big news! I don't care who's popping pills, smokin' dope, shooting up, getting their mud-packed....its none of my business, and I think others including the papparrazzi-media should follow suite
07-15-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11
You're my hero...
Old 07-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #124
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
You're my hero...
07-16-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dglver
You're my hero...

Thanx.....but maybe you're just being sarcastic....thanx either way tho....

you're MY hero....
Old 07-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #125
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dglver
You're my hero...

Thanx.....but maybe you're just being sarcastic....thanx either way tho....

you're MY hero....
07-16-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
yeah i don't care either. BUT my piont is that he DOES.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #126

Quote:
yeah i don't care either. BUT my piont is that he DOES.
07-17-2006, 09:40 AM

so>? who cares>? I think its irrelavent....we can join a rush message board for that topic.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #127
Level 7 - Loquacious

so>? who cares>? I think its irrelavent....we can join a rush message board for that topic.
07-17-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman
Idiots, Idiots, Idiots.....and not even Useful ones....

It is called The Pot because that's what calls the Kettle Black.....

How many f*cking times does this need to be explained to people????

So far the only reference to weed seems to be the lyric Ganja Police.....and my interpretation of this lyric is:

"Ganja Police!" (shouted, as if he's narking somebody out. In other words, he's saying "You must have been high on pot when you said / did whatever, you are a f*cking hypocrite....and then he's saying "Ganja Police!" as if he's shouting out to the cops and pointing at the subject of the hypocrisy. You know, like, "Hey! He's over here! The dude, who's high...on drugs. Arrest him!"

And if anybody even says something stupid like "But MJK wouldn't nark somebody out. He's too cool...." I am just going to f*cking lose it......or at leasy shake my head in pity.
do you really think maynard would rat someone out for smoking pot? gosh.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #128
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

So far the only reference to weed seems to be the lyric Ganja Police.....and my interpretation of this lyric is:

"Ganja Police!" (shouted, as if he's narking somebody out. In other words, he's saying "You must have been high on pot when you said / did whatever, you are a f*cking hypocrite....and then he's saying "Ganja Police!" as if he's shouting out to the cops and pointing at the subject of the hypocrisy. You know, like, "Hey! He's over here! The dude, who's high...on drugs. Arrest him!"

And if anybody even says something stupid like "But MJK wouldn't nark somebody out. He's too cool...." I am just going to f*cking lose it......or at leasy shake my head in pity.
do you really think maynard would rat someone out for smoking pot? gosh.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
tyxlc
07-17-2006, 11:48 AM

just kidding. the best thing about this song is the pun, i think. it is about a pot head calling the kettle head black. yes, it's about a hypocrite. he is a pot head. he talks shit about or to jk. and then he pissed on his pot. i mean kettle. no, no. i mean...

by the way, my impression was that the song was about rush limbaugh as well, though i doubt it based on the specific allusions to marrijane in the song. maybe inspired by...

ps. to the ganja police- he may not be talking to you. what if he says ganja? P-lease! as is suggested as an option on the unofficial lyrics page on this site. makes more sense to me, as if he is saying "give me a fucking break and don't fucking blame the fucking weed and just take responsifuckingbility for your own fucking shit-talking, you fucking pot", but without all the fucking.

Last edited by tyxlc; 07-17-2006 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #129
Level 3 - Talker

just kidding. the best thing about this song is the pun, i think. it is about a pot head calling the kettle head black. yes, it's about a hypocrite. he is a pot head. he talks shit about or to jk. and then he pissed on his pot. i mean kettle. no, no. i mean...

by the way, my impression was that the song was about rush limbaugh as well, though i doubt it based on the specific allusions to marrijane in the song. maybe inspired by...

ps. to the ganja police- he may not be talking to you. what if he says ganja? P-lease! as is suggested as an option on the unofficial lyrics page on this site. makes more sense to me, as if he is saying "give me a fucking break and don't fucking blame the fucking weed and just take responsifuckingbility for your own fucking shit-talking, you fucking pot", but without all the fucking.

Last edited by tyxlc; 07-17-2006 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
band_888
07-18-2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubof
It has POT in the title. Maybe they named it "The Pot" because radio and tv might not play a song if it was named POT. Or they would rename it like they did when Stinkfist came out. "The Pot" sounds better than just "Pot", but who knows we can only make assumptions.

The song is titled "The Pot" because it refers to the old saying "The pot called the kettle black" which of course is about Hypocrisy. Ref: Wikepidia
Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #130
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubof
It has POT in the title. Maybe they named it "The Pot" because radio and tv might not play a song if it was named POT. Or they would rename it like they did when Stinkfist came out. "The Pot" sounds better than just "Pot", but who knows we can only make assumptions.

The song is titled "The Pot" because it refers to the old saying "The pot called the kettle black" which of course is about Hypocrisy. Ref: Wikepidia
Sleeper
07-20-2006, 08:27 PM

I think this song is about the war on drugs. What i get from this song is people make up there mind about something when they dont understand it, make lables, spin public opinion, and then make rules that worssen the problem(eye hole deep in muddy water). Calling it The Pot makes for nifty word play, on a very popular almost harmless drug, and that kettle thing.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-20-2006 at 08:33 PM..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #131
Level 2 - Poster

I think this song is about the war on drugs. What i get from this song is people make up there mind about something when they dont understand it, make lables, spin public opinion, and then make rules that worssen the problem(eye hole deep in muddy water). Calling it The Pot makes for nifty word play, on a very popular almost harmless drug, and that kettle thing.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-20-2006 at 08:33 PM..
Sleeper
07-20-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesper
It remains to be seen whether condoning soft drugs for personal use would decriminalize its production and distribution; what would however have a bigger impact in terms of allowing people to make informed choices would be to lift the age bar on drinking and smoking in the US. In effect this would provide for everyone to have a first go at this in the relative safety of adolescence without having to worry about driving home, getting up on time for work or a kid in the other room.

No worries, thanx for the advice.
Um it already has been seen, the reversal of the prohibition act proved that. When alcohol whas made legal again, Gang related, and public related crime involving the sale of said product, diassapeared. You make somehting illegal when its popular then you create a blackmarket, and blackmarkets involve violent crimes.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-20-2006 at 08:40 PM..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #132
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
It remains to be seen whether condoning soft drugs for personal use would decriminalize its production and distribution; what would however have a bigger impact in terms of allowing people to make informed choices would be to lift the age bar on drinking and smoking in the US. In effect this would provide for everyone to have a first go at this in the relative safety of adolescence without having to worry about driving home, getting up on time for work or a kid in the other room.

No worries, thanx for the advice.
Um it already has been seen, the reversal of the prohibition act proved that. When alcohol whas made legal again, Gang related, and public related crime involving the sale of said product, diassapeared. You make somehting illegal when its popular then you create a blackmarket, and blackmarkets involve violent crimes.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-20-2006 at 08:40 PM..
weesper's Avatar weesper
07-21-2006, 12:01 AM

I checked the dictionary and yes it still says condoning is not the same as 'made legal again'.... Soft drugs will, within our lifetime, never be 'made legal' because of international jurisdictional constraints; by the same token the prohibition act is an absolutely worthless analogy.

As an alternative to legalization, the dutch sytem of condoning soft drug trade for personal use shows that in fact yes it does stimulate criminal activity. As such it remains to be seen whether a wider implication of this system could in fact reduce criminal activity (although I doubt it).
Old 07-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #133

I checked the dictionary and yes it still says condoning is not the same as 'made legal again'.... Soft drugs will, within our lifetime, never be 'made legal' because of international jurisdictional constraints; by the same token the prohibition act is an absolutely worthless analogy.

As an alternative to legalization, the dutch sytem of condoning soft drug trade for personal use shows that in fact yes it does stimulate criminal activity. As such it remains to be seen whether a wider implication of this system could in fact reduce criminal activity (although I doubt it).
ApostlesCreed's Avatar ApostlesCreed
07-23-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Anyway the whole point of which drug is worse is a moot one.

Alcohol is legal and it causes MAJOR problems in our society.
Tobacco is legal and it causes MAJOR health problems and burdens the health system (but with all the revenue from tax FUCK 'EM, the smoker pays his dues and his healthcare).
Pot is illegal (in the U.S, ha, ha....in Aussie it is decriminalised...woo hoo!). Anyway, it has the potential to create MAJOR problems in society. Like schizophrenia, health problems, paranoid, fucked up, unmotivated, individuals who can't remember what they were talking about.....where was I? Ha, I remember now (only just).

Etc, etc....short term memory is just appalling.

The government will decide what is okay for you and what drugs aren't. It's their job to control us, make us conform, keep us down, etc. Most of all the government likes it's citizens to have plenty of debt so they keep turning up for work every day. They also like them to have alcohol and tobacco and gasoline (or fuel or whatever) so they can drive to work and drive places where they can consume and spend money.

If they keep you buried in enough debt and give you enough toys and consumer goods then you will spend your most productive (taxable) years NOT asking questions and NOT causing trouble. And hopefully you will also produce offspring who will also consume and will one day replace you and provide tax revenue. Which will make you somewhat redundant (because you have been replaced by a newer, younger, model), and at this point you better hope you have enough money to survive until you die, because if you don't the government won't FUCKING help you!!

Which is all very heavy, anti political type stuff. I'd love to talk more, but I have to work and help pay off my debts. And there's an even bigger TV that I need to buy, to watch people die, from a good, safe distance.....

Wow, I am awesome.
Ha ha!! I love that... can I use it to make up flyers and hand out at work?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #134
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Anyway the whole point of which drug is worse is a moot one.

Alcohol is legal and it causes MAJOR problems in our society.
Tobacco is legal and it causes MAJOR health problems and burdens the health system (but with all the revenue from tax FUCK 'EM, the smoker pays his dues and his healthcare).
Pot is illegal (in the U.S, ha, ha....in Aussie it is decriminalised...woo hoo!). Anyway, it has the potential to create MAJOR problems in society. Like schizophrenia, health problems, paranoid, fucked up, unmotivated, individuals who can't remember what they were talking about.....where was I? Ha, I remember now (only just).

The government will decide what is okay for you and what drugs aren't. It's their job to control us, make us conform, keep us down, etc. Most of all the government likes it's citizens to have plenty of debt so they keep turning up for work every day. They also like them to have alcohol and tobacco and gasoline (or fuel or whatever) so they can drive to work and drive places where they can consume and spend money.

If they keep you buried in enough debt and give you enough toys and consumer goods then you will spend your most productive (taxable) years NOT asking questions and NOT causing trouble. And hopefully you will also produce offspring who will also consume and will one day replace you and provide tax revenue. Which will make you somewhat redundant (because you have been replaced by a newer, younger, model), and at this point you better hope you have enough money to survive until you die, because if you don't the government won't FUCKING help you!!

Which is all very heavy, anti political type stuff. I'd love to talk more, but I have to work and help pay off my debts. And there's an even bigger TV that I need to buy, to watch people die, from a good, safe distance.....

Wow, I am awesome.
Ha ha!! I love that... can I use it to make up flyers and hand out at work?
chonus's Avatar chonus
07-30-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Wow, I am awesome.

No you're not, doucheman.

Let me get this right. Marijuana causes schizophrenia?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #135
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

Wow, I am awesome.

No you're not, doucheman.

Let me get this right. Marijuana causes schizophrenia?
molehill's Avatar molehill
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM

Studies show that marijuana increases the incidence of schizophrenia in those already predisposed or holding the condition. It does not, or has not been shown, to cause it.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #136
On Probation

Bincount™: 715

Studies show that marijuana increases the incidence of schizophrenia in those already predisposed or holding the condition. It does not, or has not been shown, to cause it.
weesper's Avatar weesper
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molehill

WE have a beautiful study population/environment around these areas and yes in long-term prospective studies it has been shown to be a causative factor. Schizophrenia is an inborn developmental disorder but marijuana lowers the threshold for those at risk to develop the condition and therefore it does count as a causative factor.; because schizophrenia is multifactorial there's no easy way of saying whether you've got the predisposition. I'll post references later, havent got the time now
Old 07-31-2006, 12:33 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by molehill

WE have a beautiful study population/environment around these areas and yes in long-term prospective studies it has been shown to be a causative factor. Schizophrenia is an inborn developmental disorder but marijuana lowers the threshold for those at risk to develop the condition and therefore it does count as a causative factor.; because schizophrenia is multifactorial there's no easy way of saying whether you've got the predisposition. I'll post references later, havent got the time now
ragextool
08-08-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai
*ganja police, you must have been out ur minnnndddddd!!!!!!*

*kangarroo be STONED, he's as guilty as the government*

and your telling me this song isnt about marijuana, i believe this song is in reference to the ganja and the pot calling the kettle black.
i was thinking it was ask for so long.. thank you.... i'm surprised no one has mentioned indigo .. though i'm only on page two right now.. anyone hear of indigo children?... i think that may be part of the reason for the choice of the indigo adjective .. i like the got me playing tool constantly!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #138
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai
*ganja police, you must have been out ur minnnndddddd!!!!!!*

*kangarroo be STONED, he's as guilty as the government*

and your telling me this song isnt about marijuana, i believe this song is in reference to the ganja and the pot calling the kettle black.
i was thinking it was ask for so long.. thank you.... i'm surprised no one has mentioned indigo .. though i'm only on page two right now.. anyone hear of indigo children?... i think that may be part of the reason for the choice of the indigo adjective .. i like the got me playing tool constantly!
ragextool
08-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterclevernamehere
ummmm..beg to differ, Maynard is a recovered alcoholic/addict...but I bet ur right about the band not being pro-drug use. There are many songs that I believe are about certain steps w/i the program of AA/NA, u just got to know the program to catch it. : )

where does this informatin that he is a recovering alcoholic addict come from?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #139
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterclevernamehere
ummmm..beg to differ, Maynard is a recovered alcoholic/addict...but I bet ur right about the band not being pro-drug use. There are many songs that I believe are about certain steps w/i the program of AA/NA, u just got to know the program to catch it. : )

where does this informatin that he is a recovering alcoholic addict come from?
Rosenbarger13's Avatar Rosenbarger13
08-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:

Well all the anger aside, I believe he has a point with the tone of that particular lyric...

it sounds almost as if he is speaking with the person and, calling for the police, and then back to the person.

"Ganja!?"
"POLICE!"
"you must have been out your mind"

It would make sence, but I don't know..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #140
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Well all the anger aside, I believe he has a point with the tone of that particular lyric...

it sounds almost as if he is speaking with the person and, calling for the police, and then back to the person.

"Ganja!?"
"POLICE!"
"you must have been out your mind"

It would make sence, but I don't know..
figgy2967
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM

How can MJK be a recovering alcoholic if he's a big wine connoisseur? He grows his own Shiraz/Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes...... over 2000 bottles of wine in his cellar..

And I still don't hear Ganja Police...

Very typical of Maynard, I believe this song has multiple meanings. I don't think its main purpose or intent or whatever you want to call it, is about pot. Pot calling the Kettle Black.. but there are refernces like "you must have been high"... Very like maynard to have double meanings in all of his songs

Pot is for highschoolers. stick to booze or at least hard drugs :)
Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #141
Level 4 - Thinker

How can MJK be a recovering alcoholic if he's a big wine connoisseur? He grows his own Shiraz/Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes...... over 2000 bottles of wine in his cellar..

And I still don't hear Ganja Police...

Very typical of Maynard, I believe this song has multiple meanings. I don't think its main purpose or intent or whatever you want to call it, is about pot. Pot calling the Kettle Black.. but there are refernces like "you must have been high"... Very like maynard to have double meanings in all of his songs

Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
08-14-2006, 10:43 PM

Ganja? PLEASE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy2967
Booze is for closet conservatives, and people who like 9-5, 70 degree thermostat order. Have fun turning in to your father.

Last edited by Aunt Acid; 08-14-2006 at 10:45 PM..
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 PM   #142
Level 7 - Loquacious

Ganja? PLEASE!!

Quote:
Booze is for closet conservatives, and people who like 9-5, 70 degree thermostat order. Have fun turning in to your father.

Last edited by Aunt Acid; 08-14-2006 at 10:45 PM..
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM

Yep. Drinking is officially not cool anymore. If you get drunk off your ass, you are a sad excuse for a person. Weed is the new social drug. Drunk people are just depressing.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #143
Level 4 - Thinker

Yep. Drinking is officially not cool anymore. If you get drunk off your ass, you are a sad excuse for a person. Weed is the new social drug. Drunk people are just depressing.
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
08-15-2006, 08:30 AM

"Kangaroo be stoned - he's guilty as the government"

Reference to the judicial system being just as much to blame for the fucked up situation the drug war has Americans in as the legislative branch? Seems logical/obvious given the rest of the song.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 AM   #144
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

"Kangaroo be stoned - he's guilty as the government"

Reference to the judicial system being just as much to blame for the fucked up situation the drug war has Americans in as the legislative branch? Seems logical/obvious given the rest of the song.

08-15-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenbarger13
Good. Get drunk if you want to have an 'ignorant' trip. Smoke pot if you want to have a creative trip. I know these are generalizations but fuck it. It's my post, I'll generalize if I want to.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #145
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Good. Get drunk if you want to have an 'ignorant' trip. Smoke pot if you want to have a creative trip. I know these are generalizations but fuck it. It's my post, I'll generalize if I want to.

08-15-2006, 06:41 PM

You know, while we're on the whole drug encouragment binge, if you REALLY want to get creative, you could do acid...

but as for the judical system comment, I very much agree. Even if that's not what he means, it is very true. If drugs were legal, people would have a much harder time getting a hold of them. Which I find to be causticly hilarious.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #146
Level 4 - Thinker

You know, while we're on the whole drug encouragment binge, if you REALLY want to get creative, you could do acid...

but as for the judical system comment, I very much agree. Even if that's not what he means, it is very true. If drugs were legal, people would have a much harder time getting a hold of them. Which I find to be causticly hilarious.
08-15-2006, 10:02 PM

Did acid a few times, never many blotters and good stuf only once. It was good... not like Ayahuasca, but it was certainly entertaining. I found it very recreational, whereas with DMT I tend to not want to move or talk much.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #147
Level 8 - Vociferous

Did acid a few times, never many blotters and good stuf only once. It was good... not like Ayahuasca, but it was certainly entertaining. I found it very recreational, whereas with DMT I tend to not want to move or talk much.

figgy2967
08-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Acid
Ganja? PLEASE!!

Umm.. Well I'm not in the closet about being conservative but ok.... and I DO work a "9-5".... Is there something wrong with that? but fuck 70 degree thermostat. And i'm nothing like my dad, apart from the fact that we're both booze hounds lol
Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #148
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Acid
Ganja? PLEASE!!

Umm.. Well I'm not in the closet about being conservative but ok.... and I DO work a "9-5".... Is there something wrong with that? but fuck 70 degree thermostat. And i'm nothing like my dad, apart from the fact that we're both booze hounds lol
figgy2967
08-16-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I don't know what type of people you hang around with and I'm surprised your a tool Fan... "Weed is the new social drug"???? lol do you crave other people's acceptance? Must be in high school
Old 08-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #149
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I don't know what type of people you hang around with and I'm surprised your a tool Fan... "Weed is the new social drug"???? lol do you crave other people's acceptance? Must be in high school
figgy2967
08-16-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Ever heard of Amsterdam? Ever been there? I have, and its not hard to get drugs. Also, Amsterdam’s economy is so fucked up because they have to pay for millions of people that go into rehab each year, not to mention it doesn't produce enough "suits" to run any business’s or the government for that matter, so most of its income in from tourism... not enough to pay for all the methadone clinic. I sure as shit don't want that to happen to my country.

Yeah DMT was a bad experience, but I've done acid plenty. :)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #150
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Ever heard of Amsterdam? Ever been there? I have, and its not hard to get drugs. Also, Amsterdam’s economy is so fucked up because they have to pay for millions of people that go into rehab each year, not to mention it doesn't produce enough "suits" to run any business’s or the government for that matter, so most of its income in from tourism... not enough to pay for all the methadone clinic. I sure as shit don't want that to happen to my country.

Yeah DMT was a bad experience, but I've done acid plenty. :)
weesper's Avatar weesper
08-17-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Also, Amsterdam’s economy is so fucked up because they have to pay for millions of people that go into rehab each year
right 'millions' of people... (there's less than one million of us living here)

Fact: it costs on average 6% less to have a heroin addict on a free heroin distribution program than it would in not treating them ie the extra cost is made in all the crime that you're treating, not the drug addiction itself. Fact: rates for HIV and hepatitis transmission here are lower due to combined heroin/methadone programs Fact: the number of people entering rehab programs has been decreasing for years but mostly this has been due to a shift towards cocaine addictions for which there's no methadone supplement at this point, this is a global trend.

No need getting into the checks and balances on a fucked up economy relating to the US' astronomical gross national deficit

Last edited by weesper; 08-17-2006 at 01:34 AM..
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #151

Quote:
Also, Amsterdam’s economy is so fucked up because they have to pay for millions of people that go into rehab each year

Fact: it costs on average 6% less to have a heroin addict on a free heroin distribution program than it would in not treating them ie the extra cost is made in all the crime that you're treating, not the drug addiction itself. Fact: rates for HIV and hepatitis transmission here are lower due to combined heroin/methadone programs Fact: the number of people entering rehab programs has been decreasing for years but mostly this has been due to a shift towards cocaine addictions for which there's no methadone supplement at this point, this is a global trend.

No need getting into the checks and balances on a fucked up economy relating to the US' astronomical gross national deficit

Last edited by weesper; 08-17-2006 at 01:34 AM..
figgy2967
08-17-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:

Less then one million huh?
FACT! from the CIA world Factbook: "Population: 16,491,461 (July 2006 est.) "
Here's the link if you don't believe me.... See, I can prove what I say is fact. I don't buy what you say unless you can show me a legitimate site that proves it.
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/nl.html
How can you not even know your own countries population?!?!?

Your HIV rate is about 1/3 of ours, true but I highly doubt the fact that its because of a combined heroin/methadone program..... I believe it would have more to do with unsafe sex. But neither of us can prove it, so this is both off topic and pointless

The United States' economic deficit is due to the fact that we export such a large majority of our manufacturing to third world countries and because we have such a large military budget. Out debt is 8.8 trillion USD, but we also have a GDP of over 12 trillion USD. So our deficit really isn't that big of a deal.
Not to mention that your Kingdom has a higher unemployment rate (maybe due to the rampant drug use)

My point being, and standing proven, is that the legalization of drugs is a BAD idea, because it fucks up your economy in more ways then 1.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #152
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Less then one million huh?
FACT! from the CIA world Factbook: "Population: 16,491,461 (July 2006 est.) "
Here's the link if you don't believe me.... See, I can prove what I say is fact. I don't buy what you say unless you can show me a legitimate site that proves it.
How can you not even know your own countries population?!?!?

Your HIV rate is about 1/3 of ours, true but I highly doubt the fact that its because of a combined heroin/methadone program..... I believe it would have more to do with unsafe sex. But neither of us can prove it, so this is both off topic and pointless

The United States' economic deficit is due to the fact that we export such a large majority of our manufacturing to third world countries and because we have such a large military budget. Out debt is 8.8 trillion USD, but we also have a GDP of over 12 trillion USD. So our deficit really isn't that big of a deal.
Not to mention that your Kingdom has a higher unemployment rate (maybe due to the rampant drug use)

My point being, and standing proven, is that the legalization of drugs is a BAD idea, because it fucks up your economy in more ways then 1.
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
08-17-2006, 06:04 AM

now they think AIDS is more commonly transmitted from needles then sex.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:04 AM   #153
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

now they think AIDS is more commonly transmitted from needles then sex.
weesper's Avatar weesper
08-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Okay I'll cite my references

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

This a link to the cost analysis of heroin/methadone program vs a methadone only program and the link where the 6% figure comes from (combined heroin/methadone exist only in the Netherlands and Switzerland most other countries that run rehab programs run methadone programs which is way more expensive cuz your treating neither the addiction nor the crime involved)

You're idea on the US' national deficit is flawed as you confuse cause and effect. The national deficit is actually less because of the military budget as it creates an enormous economic potential. In fact, its skyhigh because a lot of the manufacturing you claim as 'exported' occurs in China where the majority of the US' import comes from where there is an enormous gap in trade balance which creates the national deficit. I doubt whether you'd find this on a CIA website but reading a foreign newspaper would help.

As the former poster has already pointed out most new cases of HIV in the Western world are due to drug use not diminished safe sex practices; clean needle programs reduce this transmission rate.

and finally a link to the number of people living in Amsterdam, less than a million ( 742,951 as of 2005 to be exact) I didnt think you'd be speaking of the whole of the netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam

I'd like to see where you get your employment figures from.

And lastly yes, legalization is a BAD idea. Both hard and soft drugs; I've given my reasons for soft drugs in this thread, on this same page as a matter of fact. However, dealing with it also requires a solution born out of pragmatism not idealism and condoning personal use to allow people to find out for themselves its really plain boring most of the time and combined heroin/methadone programs are part of that solution. I do think the crime rate has gone down exactly because of this approach (and it turns out to be cheaper as well, which started this whole argument I think).
Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #154

Okay I'll cite my references

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

This a link to the cost analysis of heroin/methadone program vs a methadone only program and the link where the 6% figure comes from (combined heroin/methadone exist only in the Netherlands and Switzerland most other countries that run rehab programs run methadone programs which is way more expensive cuz your treating neither the addiction nor the crime involved)

You're idea on the US' national deficit is flawed as you confuse cause and effect. The national deficit is actually less because of the military budget as it creates an enormous economic potential. In fact, its skyhigh because a lot of the manufacturing you claim as 'exported' occurs in China where the majority of the US' import comes from where there is an enormous gap in trade balance which creates the national deficit. I doubt whether you'd find this on a CIA website but reading a foreign newspaper would help.

As the former poster has already pointed out most new cases of HIV in the Western world are due to drug use not diminished safe sex practices; clean needle programs reduce this transmission rate.

and finally a link to the number of people living in Amsterdam, less than a million ( 742,951 as of 2005 to be exact) I didnt think you'd be speaking of the whole of the netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam

I'd like to see where you get your employment figures from.

And lastly yes, legalization is a BAD idea. Both hard and soft drugs; I've given my reasons for soft drugs in this thread, on this same page as a matter of fact. However, dealing with it also requires a solution born out of pragmatism not idealism and condoning personal use to allow people to find out for themselves its really plain boring most of the time and combined heroin/methadone programs are part of that solution. I do think the crime rate has gone down exactly because of this approach (and it turns out to be cheaper as well, which started this whole argument I think).
figgy2967
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM

I got the employment data from the same website:
(then click on the list to find the US to compare them, you'll see the Netherlands has a greater unemployment percentage)

As for the heroine/methadone programs being cheaper doesn't change the fact that comparatively, there are still more of them in the Netherlands then there are in the US percentage wise. Hence, the government still having to spend more money on the programs despite the minimal cost difference. Treating the Crime? Didn’t understand what you meant by that.

And in response to the needles issue, the US does have a clean needle program:
http://hab.hrsa.gov/tools/primarycareguide/PCGchap13.htm
They give out clean needles to heroine addicts to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS in almost every major city in America. This is what leads me to believe that it is more commonly spread via unsafe sex, since the problem of unsafe needles is becoming void. And if you read M.Luthers post carefully he said "now they THINK AIDS is more commonly transmitted from needles then sex" implying that HIV is transmitted via sex rather then needles. Not sure if that’s what he meant, but that’s what it says.

And yeah, I talking about the Netherlands as a whole, sorry for clarifying.
Your right about the economic deficit. That’s what I was getting at when I was saying that they export their manufacturing to other countries, meaning that we buy the finished product and end up loosing out. But the fact remains that we our external deficit is smaller then our GDP, and as far as the military operations go... as you said yourself.. its just a potential
Old 08-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #155
Level 4 - Thinker

I got the employment data from the same website:
(then click on the list to find the US to compare them, you'll see the Netherlands has a greater unemployment percentage)

As for the heroine/methadone programs being cheaper doesn't change the fact that comparatively, there are still more of them in the Netherlands then there are in the US percentage wise. Hence, the government still having to spend more money on the programs despite the minimal cost difference. Treating the Crime? Didn’t understand what you meant by that.

And in response to the needles issue, the US does have a clean needle program:
http://hab.hrsa.gov/tools/primarycareguide/PCGchap13.htm
They give out clean needles to heroine addicts to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS in almost every major city in America. This is what leads me to believe that it is more commonly spread via unsafe sex, since the problem of unsafe needles is becoming void. And if you read M.Luthers post carefully he said "now they THINK AIDS is more commonly transmitted from needles then sex" implying that HIV is transmitted via sex rather then needles. Not sure if that’s what he meant, but that’s what it says.

And yeah, I talking about the Netherlands as a whole, sorry for clarifying.
Your right about the economic deficit. That’s what I was getting at when I was saying that they export their manufacturing to other countries, meaning that we buy the finished product and end up loosing out. But the fact remains that we our external deficit is smaller then our GDP, and as far as the military operations go... as you said yourself.. its just a potential
apc_kid's Avatar apc_kid
08-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Everyone knows this song is about Tupac, duh. lol

http://thaspot.thuglifearmy.com/blog...5/02/4066.aspx
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #156

Bincount™: 32

weesper's Avatar weesper
08-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Let's all do the math together (taking heroin as an example)

Netherlands: inhabitants/currents users = 16 299 000 / 32 000 = 1 in 509

http://www.jellinek.nl/drugsvoorlich...&t=136&r=1&s=9 (trust me this is authoritative)

US: inhabitants/current users = 299 102 661 / 600 000 = 1 in 498

http://www.ncjrs.gov/htm/chapter2.htm

Yeah you win (or lose by 11 addicts); point is there's not much of a difference in these numbers, I bet doing the UK vs canada you'd get about the same rate.

By treating crime I meant treating street crime related to drug seeking behaviour.

What this does prove is that a lot of the people coming over to A'dam get the wrong idea about all the coffeeshops that appear to be everywhere you look in the city center. I get so sick of going to gigs where every other night you get served up this speech how we are so liberal etc when the band is just too friggin stoned too play a decent show; all those coffeeshops you've seen are by and large servicing tourists.

Last edited by weesper; 08-17-2006 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #157

Let's all do the math together (taking heroin as an example)

Netherlands: inhabitants/currents users = 16 299 000 / 32 000 = 1 in 509

http://www.jellinek.nl/drugsvoorlich...&t=136&r=1&s=9 (trust me this is authoritative)

US: inhabitants/current users = 299 102 661 / 600 000 = 1 in 498

http://www.ncjrs.gov/htm/chapter2.htm

Yeah you win (or lose by 11 addicts); point is there's not much of a difference in these numbers, I bet doing the UK vs canada you'd get about the same rate.

By treating crime I meant treating street crime related to drug seeking behaviour.

What this does prove is that a lot of the people coming over to A'dam get the wrong idea about all the coffeeshops that appear to be everywhere you look in the city center. I get so sick of going to gigs where every other night you get served up this speech how we are so liberal etc when the band is just too friggin stoned too play a decent show; all those coffeeshops you've seen are by and large servicing tourists.

Last edited by weesper; 08-17-2006 at 03:08 PM..
figgy2967
08-18-2006, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apc_kid

I've read that before.. Guy's a fucking wack job. Its probably someone like Ali G just fucking around seeing if he can get a reaction out of people for shits a giggles.... the guy CAN'T be serious!
Old 08-18-2006, 06:34 AM   #158
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apc_kid

I've read that before.. Guy's a fucking wack job. Its probably someone like Ali G just fucking around seeing if he can get a reaction out of people for shits a giggles.... the guy CAN'T be serious!
philipg's Avatar philipg
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM

its about how america is a great big melting pot and how saddam waves his finger at it....
yeah nevermind that sucks.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #159

its about how america is a great big melting pot and how saddam waves his finger at it....
yeah nevermind that sucks.
Mr. Electric Ocean
10-02-2006, 10:41 AM

Maybe its an argument about how pot is neither good nor bad but used incorrectly... as in we are not ready to experience the affects of these miracles becasue we are a piece of shit society that cant tell right from wrong or when to stop. How can it be enlightening when you really gain nothing from it but a good time. The affects should be used to get somewhere and reach a higher conscience instead of calm enjoyment.

Has anyone else ever thought that we really need to work out other stuff before we do something that pushes ourselves to another vision?

Dont skip steps to enlightenment.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #160
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maybe its an argument about how pot is neither good nor bad but used incorrectly... as in we are not ready to experience the affects of these miracles becasue we are a piece of shit society that cant tell right from wrong or when to stop. How can it be enlightening when you really gain nothing from it but a good time. The affects should be used to get somewhere and reach a higher conscience instead of calm enjoyment.

Has anyone else ever thought that we really need to work out other stuff before we do something that pushes ourselves to another vision?

Dont skip steps to enlightenment.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply