Fighter of the Night Man

Bincount™: 8520
Re: think you can sing the intro?

bump....comon people make an attempt
And I become the Night Man...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Tooltb420
05-05-2006, 07:04 PM

here is me and my roomie doing a duet fucking wasted i have been drinking for 10 hours http://media.putfile.com/me-and-room...g-for-10-hours
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #162
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

here is me and my roomie doing a duet fucking wasted i have been drinking for 10 hours http://media.putfile.com/me-and-room...g-for-10-hours
swedishpizza
05-05-2006, 08:39 PM

Here's one I did. I spent my voice in Oakland last night so bear with the struggle in the range. I'm also not a singer so don't expect too much. Enjoy and have a good night all!

http://media.putfile.com/The-Pot-intro-cover
Old 05-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #163
Level 3 - Talker

Here's one I did. I spent my voice in Oakland last night so bear with the struggle in the range. I'm also not a singer so don't expect too much. Enjoy and have a good night all!

tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishpizza

WOW thats cool :) you have a great voice :)

im thinking about doing the whole song, then posting for a laugh
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 05-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #164
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishpizza

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy
http://www.myskatespot.com/files/potfoamy.wav

I think Ive set the benchmark.

quality!- u from birmingham?
Old 05-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy
http://www.myskatespot.com/files/potfoamy.wav

I think Ive set the benchmark.

quality!- u from birmingham?
Get_Ya_Wicked_On
05-06-2006, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiryth

... do that.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:26 AM   #166
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

... do that.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_Ya_Wicked_On
... do that.
Working on it - keep getting interrupted by my daughter - maybe i should get her to sing too hehehehe

its sounds crap so far - with no music behind me i sound very VERY stupid, but i'm always up for a laff so i'll keep at it :)
Old 05-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #167

Quote:
... do that.
Working on it - keep getting interrupted by my daughter - maybe i should get her to sing too hehehehe

its sounds crap so far - with no music behind me i sound very VERY stupid, but i'm always up for a laff so i'll keep at it :)
arcane
05-06-2006, 07:19 AM

Quote:
... do that.
Seconded. You've got the right kinda voice for it. Mine will always be too 'folky'.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:19 AM   #168
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
... do that.
Seconded. You've got the right kinda voice for it. Mine will always be too 'folky'.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane
thank you! - after i've put the little-un to bed i'll give it another go, altho to fill it out the music MAY be playing in the background....................otherwise it would just be increadibly lame hehe

i wanted to show my band doing our cover of sober but i dunno where i can host it as its obviously someone elses song???
Old 05-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #169

Quote:
thank you! - after i've put the little-un to bed i'll give it another go, altho to fill it out the music MAY be playing in the background....................otherwise it would just be increadibly lame hehe

i wanted to show my band doing our cover of sober but i dunno where i can host it as its obviously someone elses song???
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-06-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:

www.filespace.org if its less than 5 megs.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #170
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:

www.filespace.org if its less than 5 megs.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 09:41 AM

http://media.putfile.com/tiryth_Sober

chloe isnt spot on with her melody and there are timing errors etc but it was her 1st gig with us - and outdoor one that i organised in 2004.

the ending clips out cuz we topped the monitors (oops)

Last edited by tiryth; 05-06-2006 at 09:44 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #171

http://media.putfile.com/tiryth_Sober

chloe isnt spot on with her melody and there are timing errors etc but it was her 1st gig with us - and outdoor one that i organised in 2004.

the ending clips out cuz we topped the monitors (oops)

Last edited by tiryth; 05-06-2006 at 09:44 AM..
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
05-06-2006, 10:10 AM

negative
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #172
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

negative
05-06-2006, 10:27 AM

the whole song then - bit dodgy in places but its pretty much the best i could do - its all good for a laff anyway :) of course i had to use the 'guessed' lyrics and you can vaguely here the track playing in the background etc............(oh yeah, there are a few words missing on the intro cuz i'm a lame ass and couldnt keep in time with it) i noticed my english accent adds a weird twist to it too hehe and to pic my fave bit of my OWN work hehehe its at about 5.18 i think.

http://media.putfile.com/whole_Pot

i really hope no one who actually associates with the band ever comes on here because, well - i butchered a masterpiece really!

Last edited by tiryth; 05-06-2006 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #173

the whole song then - bit dodgy in places but its pretty much the best i could do - its all good for a laff anyway :) of course i had to use the 'guessed' lyrics and you can vaguely here the track playing in the background etc............(oh yeah, there are a few words missing on the intro cuz i'm a lame ass and couldnt keep in time with it) i noticed my english accent adds a weird twist to it too hehe and to pic my fave bit of my OWN work hehehe its at about 5.18 i think.

http://media.putfile.com/whole_Pot

i really hope no one who actually associates with the band ever comes on here because, well - i butchered a masterpiece really!

Last edited by tiryth; 05-06-2006 at 10:31 AM..
arcane
05-06-2006, 10:56 AM

Re. the sober cover - good effort, but to be honest, I don't like it. Sober is one of my favourites and unless the key is changed, I don't think a female voice can pull it off (unless they have a solid low-end range). (Edit - btw, I know it wasn't you singing)

Re. your whole pot - nice work. Your voice is consistent and the English twist is great. I'm gonna re-do my attempt at the intro sometime and sing it without the US twist.

Last edited by arcane; 05-06-2006 at 11:01 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #174
Level 4 - Thinker

Re. the sober cover - good effort, but to be honest, I don't like it. Sober is one of my favourites and unless the key is changed, I don't think a female voice can pull it off (unless they have a solid low-end range). (Edit - btw, I know it wasn't you singing)

Re. your whole pot - nice work. Your voice is consistent and the English twist is great. I'm gonna re-do my attempt at the intro sometime and sing it without the US twist.

Last edited by arcane; 05-06-2006 at 11:01 AM..
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:

ah thanks for the feedback - re: sober the reason we did it was BECAUSE it was one of our faves but we only played it the once live..................chloe was never happy singing it poor lamb.

re the pot: thanks it was fun to do. will look forward to hearing yours. I liked your other attempt tho, you also were consistant with the key and i liked the country sounding lilt to it :) nice
Old 05-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #175

Quote:

ah thanks for the feedback - re: sober the reason we did it was BECAUSE it was one of our faves but we only played it the once live..................chloe was never happy singing it poor lamb.

re the pot: thanks it was fun to do. will look forward to hearing yours. I liked your other attempt tho, you also were consistant with the key and i liked the country sounding lilt to it :) nice
arcane
05-06-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
i liked the country sounding lilt to it :) nice
Country music sounding? :/ unintended.

Heh, it only took me 5 bands to realise my voice wasn't right for real rock. Ska works on occasion...
Old 05-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #176
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
i liked the country sounding lilt to it :) nice

Heh, it only took me 5 bands to realise my voice wasn't right for real rock. Ska works on occasion...
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:

aw sorry - i'm no good with american accents etc as i'm from england but it sounded kinda southern :)
Old 05-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #177

Quote:

aw sorry - i'm no good with american accents etc as i'm from england but it sounded kinda southern :)
triad636's Avatar triad636
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:

Would you consider doing the whole song like tyrith did?

You have a great voice, really awesome :)
Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #178
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 276

Quote:

arcane
05-06-2006, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Hehe - no worries! I have no idea what kind of American accent I sport when I try to sing songs by Americans, so you're probably right! My first visit to the US will be this summer actually. Shows how listening to American media can influence. (I'm English as well btw. Hence, next time I'm gonna try to sing it in my 'real' voice.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad636

Thanks for the compliment! Hmm... I don't know if I can do it the same kind of justice tiryth did. However, someone's already asked me to do Vicarious, so I'm gonna work on that soon. :)
Old 05-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #179
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Hehe - no worries! I have no idea what kind of American accent I sport when I try to sing songs by Americans, so you're probably right! My first visit to the US will be this summer actually. Shows how listening to American media can influence. (I'm English as well btw. Hence, next time I'm gonna try to sing it in my 'real' voice.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad636

Thanks for the compliment! Hmm... I don't know if I can do it the same kind of justice tiryth did. However, someone's already asked me to do Vicarious, so I'm gonna work on that soon. :)
swedishpizza
05-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch! Not sure if I could pull off the whole song. I may try though. I guess all of us English are taking a stab at this one.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #180
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Thanks a bunch! Not sure if I could pull off the whole song. I may try though. I guess all of us English are taking a stab at this one.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
well this is my <attempt>.

my voice is very low pitched so you can imagine how hard it was.

enjoy...

http://media.putfile.com/The-Pot---Intro-horrible
OH.
MY.
FUCKING.
GOD.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #181
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
well this is my <attempt>.

my voice is very low pitched so you can imagine how hard it was.

enjoy...

http://media.putfile.com/The-Pot---Intro-horrible
OH.
MY.
FUCKING.
GOD.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-06-2006, 03:21 PM

Dude, this thread is awesome.

Gotta get a mic first.

Be right back.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #182
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Dude, this thread is awesome.

Gotta get a mic first.

Be right back.
tool25's Avatar tool25
05-06-2006, 03:29 PM

one of the funniest things ive ever heard
Old 05-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #183

Bincount™: 20

one of the funniest things ive ever heard
05-06-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
those are their two worst albums. Yeah, they've got good songs... but those albums are like... 10,000 Days vs. Ænima.
Talk about a contradiction. You're saying that it's bad but it's like 10,000 Days. Now, if you said eMotive then I might agree... but 10,000 days might be their best album so far.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #184

Quote:
those are their two worst albums. Yeah, they've got good songs... but those albums are like... 10,000 Days vs. Ænima.
Talk about a contradiction. You're saying that it's bad but it's like 10,000 Days. Now, if you said eMotive then I might agree... but 10,000 days might be their best album so far.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-07-2006, 12:40 AM

Doin this has been such a laff im tempted to try another of my faves like 46 and 2 or Aenima!!!! :)
Old 05-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #185

Doin this has been such a laff im tempted to try another of my faves like 46 and 2 or Aenima!!!! :)
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-07-2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:

Now if we're gonna start doing old-school-tool, i'll bust out my bass and do a self-accompanied vocal performance.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #186
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Now if we're gonna start doing old-school-tool, i'll bust out my bass and do a self-accompanied vocal performance.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-07-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar

Matter of opinion. A lot of people think Good Apollo is their best album. I think its a pile compared to SSTB, just like i think 10,000 days is a pile compared to Ænima

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:09 AM   #187
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar

Matter of opinion. A lot of people think Good Apollo is their best album. I think its a pile compared to SSTB, just like i think 10,000 days is a pile compared to Ænima

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-07-2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
hehe do it! - could get a good ole jam thread going here - never know, could provide the band (if they come here) with endless amusement
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #188

Quote:
hehe do it! - could get a good ole jam thread going here - never know, could provide the band (if they come here) with endless amusement
swedishpizza
05-07-2006, 09:01 AM

On the White Stripes board there used to be an entire thread dedicated to White Stripes covers.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #189
Level 3 - Talker

On the White Stripes board there used to be an entire thread dedicated to White Stripes covers.
TheResidentEvil
05-07-2006, 09:42 AM

There are some really bad ones posted in here but neo's was near perfect. Im amazed really.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #190
Level 4 - Thinker

There are some really bad ones posted in here but neo's was near perfect. Im amazed really.
Jerk off's Avatar Jerk off
05-07-2006, 11:28 AM

Damn it I need a mic!!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #191
The Burninator

Bincount™: 483

Damn it I need a mic!!
triad636's Avatar triad636
05-07-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Awesome, I look forward to it.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #192
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 276

Quote:

Awesome, I look forward to it.
bozziodrummer000's Avatar bozziodrummer000
05-07-2006, 03:10 PM

Old 05-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #193
Fighter of the Night Man

Bincount™: 8520

Systolic
05-07-2006, 07:18 PM

I know mine wasn't great at all - but I would like some of your opinions on it. If you think it was trash, then by all means tell me... I'm not a rock singer, nor do I sound like Maynard, so yeah please tell me what you thought.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #194
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

I know mine wasn't great at all - but I would like some of your opinions on it. If you think it was trash, then by all means tell me... I'm not a rock singer, nor do I sound like Maynard, so yeah please tell me what you thought.
05-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
To me, it sounds like you're pushing. There seems to be a lack of top end resonance which suggests an unblended voice (I.E. You're belting up with your chest and not rotating your head register into the sound).

Belting might be your thing, and if it is, go for it. But to my ears it sounds "whiney", and in some parts, flat.

(Please don't take that to heart if that's not the sound you're looking for. I'm taking voice training and I'm still trying to find that sound that I can truly love.)

Thank you for sharing your voice with us! :)

I'm hoping I can post my attempt as well.

- AHB
Old 05-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #195
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
To me, it sounds like you're pushing. There seems to be a lack of top end resonance which suggests an unblended voice (I.E. You're belting up with your chest and not rotating your head register into the sound).

Belting might be your thing, and if it is, go for it. But to my ears it sounds "whiney", and in some parts, flat.

(Please don't take that to heart if that's not the sound you're looking for. I'm taking voice training and I'm still trying to find that sound that I can truly love.)

- AHB
Systolic
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie

- AHB

Yeah I'm a vocal major... I sing high Baritone, and my voice teacher tells me the same thing.. I have trouble maintaing good breath support in my upper range towards the mid treble clef... put me on the high end of the bass clef and the immediate low end of the treble clef and I can really let some notes soar though...

I also do a lot better on closed vowel,s like "ee" or "ay"... Wider, darker vowels dont suit my voice all too well yet. My falsetto range is REALLY expansive though, it just doesn't fit the song.. including my falsetto register I can go above the treble clef... Seriously. My teacher and I have worked on that because he feels that its one of the stronger parts of my high end. but anyway, thanks for the honest synopsis. People tend to be their own worst critics, but maybe I I'll pos something on here that I *can* sing well, so you can hear me do myself justice.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #196
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie

- AHB

Yeah I'm a vocal major... I sing high Baritone, and my voice teacher tells me the same thing.. I have trouble maintaing good breath support in my upper range towards the mid treble clef... put me on the high end of the bass clef and the immediate low end of the treble clef and I can really let some notes soar though...

I also do a lot better on closed vowel,s like "ee" or "ay"... Wider, darker vowels dont suit my voice all too well yet. My falsetto range is REALLY expansive though, it just doesn't fit the song.. including my falsetto register I can go above the treble clef... Seriously. My teacher and I have worked on that because he feels that its one of the stronger parts of my high end. but anyway, thanks for the honest synopsis. People tend to be their own worst critics, but maybe I I'll pos something on here that I *can* sing well, so you can hear me do myself justice.
05-08-2006, 12:56 AM

So, what's your official range? I sing, but I've never been trained, so I don't understand all of the terminology.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #197
Level 4 - Thinker

So, what's your official range? I sing, but I've never been trained, so I don't understand all of the terminology.
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-08-2006, 03:31 AM

Quote:
I've done the grudge scream before.

when my band plays eulogy i hold the scream out to well beyond when the music stops
Do you find the screams are actually easier than the singing?

I do.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:31 AM   #198
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I've done the grudge scream before.

when my band plays eulogy i hold the scream out to well beyond when the music stops

I do.
05-08-2006, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara

I do.
Not I.

I even think about screaming and my throat closes shut.

I can do a little growl/throaty effect, but not a full on scream.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:44 AM   #199
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara

I do.
Not I.

I even think about screaming and my throat closes shut.

I can do a little growl/throaty effect, but not a full on scream.
Systolic
05-08-2006, 06:03 AM

Quote:

My comfort zone is from D on Bass clef to about an E above middle C... typical Baritone range, but with falsetto, I can get to about an A above the treble clef, so ifyou include my falsetto register I have about Two Octaves + a fourth....

I CAN go lower than D's on the bass clef, it just tends to get a little pushy down there. My rangeused to be much lower, and I could go down to G's and whatnot, but at the same time, I had trouble breaking a middle C... so my voice has expanded and gone upwards. My voice teacher thinks I'm going to end up being a tenor eventually.

By the way - The Pot's intro goes up to an A on the treble clef, which is about a fifth above what my range can stay comfortable in... so that describes why it sounds "pushed"... it is :)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #200
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

My comfort zone is from D on Bass clef to about an E above middle C... typical Baritone range, but with falsetto, I can get to about an A above the treble clef, so ifyou include my falsetto register I have about Two Octaves + a fourth....

I CAN go lower than D's on the bass clef, it just tends to get a little pushy down there. My rangeused to be much lower, and I could go down to G's and whatnot, but at the same time, I had trouble breaking a middle C... so my voice has expanded and gone upwards. My voice teacher thinks I'm going to end up being a tenor eventually.

By the way - The Pot's intro goes up to an A on the treble clef, which is about a fifth above what my range can stay comfortable in... so that describes why it sounds "pushed"... it is :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply