Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Petroze
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM

I know the vocal intro to this song has copped a bit of stick, but for mine it serves as a purpose to get people's attention. On about three different occasions i've seen people cock their head around to look at the CD player as the song began. Each time they were just randoms at parties i was at, so i'm not sure what they were thinking, but it still drew their attention!

Plus it's a good little line to sing along with, aside from how it exposes my vocal inabilities hehe
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Call to attention

I know the vocal intro to this song has copped a bit of stick, but for mine it serves as a purpose to get people's attention. On about three different occasions i've seen people cock their head around to look at the CD player as the song began. Each time they were just randoms at parties i was at, so i'm not sure what they were thinking, but it still drew their attention!

Plus it's a good little line to sing along with, aside from how it exposes my vocal inabilities hehe
08-02-2010, 05:39 AM

I had to look up "copped a bit of stick" so I could respond to this XDD I think it really gets people's attention because it's an accusation, and something that we can all be called out on at some points--there are times when everybody is going to suggest something ridiculous and sometimes it's to the point that it offends or upsets. So I think it's one of those lines that is said that gets people's attention.

It's okay, I can't sing it very well either, man XD -- I know this is a different song, but I have had the same reaction of heads turning when playing Vicarious. Maybe it's the way it sounds like the intro is going away and coming back, like waves, but it's interesting how people tend to pull out certain things they hear and take notice.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89
Re: Call to attention

I had to look up "copped a bit of stick" so I could respond to this XDD I think it really gets people's attention because it's an accusation, and something that we can all be called out on at some points--there are times when everybody is going to suggest something ridiculous and sometimes it's to the point that it offends or upsets. So I think it's one of those lines that is said that gets people's attention.

It's okay, I can't sing it very well either, man XD -- I know this is a different song, but I have had the same reaction of heads turning when playing Vicarious. Maybe it's the way it sounds like the intro is going away and coming back, like waves, but it's interesting how people tend to pull out certain things they hear and take notice.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply