Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.
Well, just like me...you have your opinion. And for once I will use a quote "the only thing you know about me is what I've sold ya', dumbfuck". I have much love for all mankind and I'm also a very sweet and caring person, but I also have a perpensity towards idiots and those lacking what I think of as common sense. I don't care what you think of me, nor anyone else for that matter. The few people that have gotten to know me on this site well know my heart, but that's for you to find or ignore. I'll be anybody's best friend but I'm also not the one to cross. As I've said somewhere before..I'm a perfectly balanced contradiction
Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #121
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Cozened Indigo

Quote:
lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.
Well, just like me...you have your opinion. And for once I will use a quote "the only thing you know about me is what I've sold ya', dumbfuck". I have much love for all mankind and I'm also a very sweet and caring person, but I also have a perpensity towards idiots and those lacking what I think of as common sense. I don't care what you think of me, nor anyone else for that matter. The few people that have gotten to know me on this site well know my heart, but that's for you to find or ignore. I'll be anybody's best friend but I'm also not the one to cross. As I've said somewhere before..I'm a perfectly balanced contradiction
09-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Dude, I am going to be honest with you. I am just as you. I feel EXACTLY the way you feel toward the world and everyone in it. The reason why i am this way is because i have excountered many idiots in my life time, and they have drove me mad. I am only 22 and i am sure i will encounter many more. I just get tired of living in a world were everyone is so serious. The orginal post toward you was simply a joke but obviously you took it the wrong way and i apoligize. I just wish everyone in this world would joke around but also know when to be serious. But its either your (not you, I mean in general) a dumbass (The Joker) or your serious (The Asshole) Very rarely do you find someone in between but there is a time and a place for everything. People, in my opinion, should merge the two traits. But thats just me. And I would honestly like to get to know your (heart side) because i feel your a smart individual with a little aggression but its cool because like i said I am the same way. Also i want you to maybe eventually help me to understand TOOL better because these guys are insanely difficult to understand at times. Peace dude.

P.S. I dont wanna do drugs with you to understand them.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #122
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Dude, I am going to be honest with you. I am just as you. I feel EXACTLY the way you feel toward the world and everyone in it. The reason why i am this way is because i have excountered many idiots in my life time, and they have drove me mad. I am only 22 and i am sure i will encounter many more. I just get tired of living in a world were everyone is so serious. The orginal post toward you was simply a joke but obviously you took it the wrong way and i apoligize. I just wish everyone in this world would joke around but also know when to be serious. But its either your (not you, I mean in general) a dumbass (The Joker) or your serious (The Asshole) Very rarely do you find someone in between but there is a time and a place for everything. People, in my opinion, should merge the two traits. But thats just me. And I would honestly like to get to know your (heart side) because i feel your a smart individual with a little aggression but its cool because like i said I am the same way. Also i want you to maybe eventually help me to understand TOOL better because these guys are insanely difficult to understand at times. Peace dude.

09-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Well thank you for sharing that. If you really want to see the softer side of me, you should read the whole thread in Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels. And as I said before, I don't know everything but I've got a pretty damn good idea and any opinions I have on any of the songs I'd be happy to share with you.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #123
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Well thank you for sharing that. If you really want to see the softer side of me, you should read the whole thread in Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels. And as I said before, I don't know everything but I've got a pretty damn good idea and any opinions I have on any of the songs I'd be happy to share with you.
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I guess i have some reading to do bro. I'll keep you posted if I have any question that need answering.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #124
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
I guess i have some reading to do bro. I'll keep you posted if I have any question that need answering.
sicness
11-18-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryptosaur View Post
Indigo also has traditionally been used to make blue jeans blue. Now if jeans really mean genes, then blue genes would mean some type of hhhhhhypergenetic sorrow!? Hence the weeping and this could refer to the bloodline(genetic ancestory) of the corrupt reptilian-rulers who have continued to rape and pillage throughout history(David Icke ref.) and cozened since the majority of Americans do wear blue jeans therefore unwittingly reaffirming the deeper, nastier truth that these corrupted bloodlines(oh yeah--they're BLUE[=INDIGO] bloodlines!) want us to promote their evil ways on a massive subconscious level, making it seem as though these human-reptile hybrids actually have the capability to feel emotion at all (ie: weeping; feeling the blues) when in actuality they have simply gotten simple, everyday lemon juice up in their eye (notice how on the dollar bill at the top of the pyramid there's just one supposedly all-seeing eye?)
Any weeping that these spoiled inheritors of world domination might seem to display is really just a failiure to wear the proper eye-protection when doing strange things with lemon juice. And when it comes down to it, lemon juice on one level is in fact a yellow liquid---hmmm, what other liquid just happens to be yellow, that Maynard mentions in this song?
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem.
And the kangaroo could've stepped through a wormhole that the Austalian doctor was working on the other end of---and the keys are still missing!

this is the most on to it post ive read in this forum so far. and has anyone wondered about maynard referring to the "indigo children" as the "innocent ones" on V is for Vagina.

also, seeing as you mentioned ayahuasca, has anyone considered the possibility that maynard is referring to pot smokers as eyeball deep in muddy waters, saying that pot offeres a cloudy, muddy spiritual vision and that if you think you get high off pot, try a healthy dose of DMT ...... this album is riddled with DMT references
Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #125
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Indigo also has traditionally been used to make blue jeans blue. Now if jeans really mean genes, then blue genes would mean some type of hhhhhhypergenetic sorrow!? Hence the weeping and this could refer to the bloodline(genetic ancestory) of the corrupt reptilian-rulers who have continued to rape and pillage throughout history(David Icke ref.) and cozened since the majority of Americans do wear blue jeans therefore unwittingly reaffirming the deeper, nastier truth that these corrupted bloodlines(oh yeah--they're BLUE[=INDIGO] bloodlines!) want us to promote their evil ways on a massive subconscious level, making it seem as though these human-reptile hybrids actually have the capability to feel emotion at all (ie: weeping; feeling the blues) when in actuality they have simply gotten simple, everyday lemon juice up in their eye (notice how on the dollar bill at the top of the pyramid there's just one supposedly all-seeing eye?)
Any weeping that these spoiled inheritors of world domination might seem to display is really just a failiure to wear the proper eye-protection when doing strange things with lemon juice. And when it comes down to it, lemon juice on one level is in fact a yellow liquid---hmmm, what other liquid just happens to be yellow, that Maynard mentions in this song?
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem.
And the kangaroo could've stepped through a wormhole that the Austalian doctor was working on the other end of---and the keys are still missing!

this is the most on to it post ive read in this forum so far. and has anyone wondered about maynard referring to the "indigo children" as the "innocent ones" on V is for Vagina.

also, seeing as you mentioned ayahuasca, has anyone considered the possibility that maynard is referring to pot smokers as eyeball deep in muddy waters, saying that pot offeres a cloudy, muddy spiritual vision and that if you think you get high off pot, try a healthy dose of DMT ...... this album is riddled with DMT references
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
11-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicness View Post

I don't think I buy it but, I can be reasonable enough not to rule this idea out.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #126
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicness View Post

I don't think I buy it but, I can be reasonable enough not to rule this idea out.
12-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Rockefeller's have fatty fingers, do drugs and call 'us' reprehensible. The references are broad and it's up to us to decide how the future of this world is played out. Indigo's relation to the third eye is evident through consumption of various plants, mostly sage. Naturally, indigo can be seen to represent that chakra, through spiritualistic means. Reflections of ourselves we are. Coincidences are opportunities to seek and to learn and grow.

As for cozened indigo, maybe elites, power brokers, royalty, world leaders, serpentines, are manipulating through extra-dimensions to distort 'our' reality because they perceive this to be the only means to achieve a misguided plot to maintain their dystopia. In reality we fear and hate, which becomes us; instead of loving and changing the world into only the most awesome of experiences. But .... it's all up to interpretations.. Knowledge is the creator. Think about it, for yourself.

Last edited by Trillion33; 12-21-2007 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: insufficient data
Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 AM   #127
Level 1 - Lurker

Rockefeller's have fatty fingers, do drugs and call 'us' reprehensible. The references are broad and it's up to us to decide how the future of this world is played out. Indigo's relation to the third eye is evident through consumption of various plants, mostly sage. Naturally, indigo can be seen to represent that chakra, through spiritualistic means. Reflections of ourselves we are. Coincidences are opportunities to seek and to learn and grow.

As for cozened indigo, maybe elites, power brokers, royalty, world leaders, serpentines, are manipulating through extra-dimensions to distort 'our' reality because they perceive this to be the only means to achieve a misguided plot to maintain their dystopia. In reality we fear and hate, which becomes us; instead of loving and changing the world into only the most awesome of experiences. But .... it's all up to interpretations.. Knowledge is the creator. Think about it, for yourself.

Last edited by Trillion33; 12-21-2007 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: insufficient data
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillion33 View Post

LMAO, I think you've one too many a hallucinogen
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #128
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillion33 View Post

LMAO, I think you've one too many a hallucinogen
12-29-2007, 06:04 PM

If you look at the visuals on a live set, cozened indigo becomes very clear. You would be suprised at what knowledge their shows have to offer. Later.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #129
Level 4 - Thinker

If you look at the visuals on a live set, cozened indigo becomes very clear. You would be suprised at what knowledge their shows have to offer. Later.
01-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_JC_MJ-K_DC View Post
Thanks for sharing great master of knowledge
Old 01-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #130
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Thanks for sharing great master of knowledge
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
LoL wut a mysterious post that will leave me thinking for a decade....

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #131
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
LoL wut a mysterious post that will leave me thinking for a decade....

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
-Right In Two-
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralysis View Post
I'm sure everyone knows what cozened means by now but I haven't seen much discussion on what this particular part is about. I have a theory; wanna tell ya bout it; here it goes:

Cozened as we all know means to act deceitfully. With that said, no one is deceiving the color indigo.

Modern Psychics who claim to be able to observe the aura with their third eye generally regard someone with an indigo aura as being someone who is religious.

This song is about people like Pat Robertson, L Ron Hubbard, President Bush, etc. who criticize all day long and get away with it because they hide behind the curtain of "religion".
Thats pretty much on track considering the title is The Pot, a reference to the saying "pot calling the kettle black"... the whole point the finger at others...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #132
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralysis View Post
I'm sure everyone knows what cozened means by now but I haven't seen much discussion on what this particular part is about. I have a theory; wanna tell ya bout it; here it goes:

Cozened as we all know means to act deceitfully. With that said, no one is deceiving the color indigo.

Modern Psychics who claim to be able to observe the aura with their third eye generally regard someone with an indigo aura as being someone who is religious.

This song is about people like Pat Robertson, L Ron Hubbard, President Bush, etc. who criticize all day long and get away with it because they hide behind the curtain of "religion".
Thats pretty much on track considering the title is The Pot, a reference to the saying "pot calling the kettle black"... the whole point the finger at others...
paramātmā's Avatar paramātmā
07-03-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidetheRedshift View Post
perhaps.

are you female?

what's your cup size?

do you like doggie?

3 yes's gets my heart forever.

Yes.

B.

too much.

deal?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #133
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidetheRedshift View Post
perhaps.

are you female?

what's your cup size?

do you like doggie?

3 yes's gets my heart forever.

Yes.

B.

too much.

deal?
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM

it means faulty or synthesized reaction to the metaphysical body, by means of entheogens.
or awareness of Self, through trying to escape the Self, then facing the Ego, and realizing your foundations aren't from a place of truth or feeling, but trying to not feel, and excess. a transcendental, cannot lleave his house because he no longer relates to the world, the drug has coped for him, and only sees through his unclear peep hole. a hypocrite, saying the world is excessive, but could not wake up without being high to soothe his own conflict.
lemon juice is the ego, we squint at the bitterness, cannot take our true selves, and form ideals against the things that try to limit or regulate the coping methods. the pot (or ourselves as the drug), calling the kettle black. claiming to see through everything, while looking through muddy water. I also think that raising the dead, and robbign the grave, refers to stealing ideals or paradigms from deceased minds, famous archetypes and quotes and predisposed ideas, calling it your own to avoid forming original thoughts. then burning the evidence, is smoking more drugs, and forgetting all of these amazing borrowed revelations, and possible seeds for original ones.
"kangaroo court" is used to describe judicial proceedings that deny due process rights in the name of expediency. Such rights include the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate" -this suggests, your ideas are formed prematurely because you think you now know everything. that youur eye is open and you have room to judge, without truly examining yourself, sober, and connected.
"steal, borrow, refer, shady inference", everyone gets high and bullshits stories and ideas and experiences that they have not actually experienced for being too damn numb.
it's about the hierarchy of pretending we see through eachother, while sitting in a cloud of smoke. like. "here's an original idea" *pisses on* "let me give you a quote buddha once said, referring to what trying to say" "but no, this is my idea" "but, no, it was his" "well.. where's your's, then? asshole".

in my opinion. and experience around entheogen-users and self-proclaimed philosophers and psychologists.

...in my hypocritical opinion...
Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #134
Level 1 - Lurker

it means faulty or synthesized reaction to the metaphysical body, by means of entheogens.
or awareness of Self, through trying to escape the Self, then facing the Ego, and realizing your foundations aren't from a place of truth or feeling, but trying to not feel, and excess. a transcendental, cannot lleave his house because he no longer relates to the world, the drug has coped for him, and only sees through his unclear peep hole. a hypocrite, saying the world is excessive, but could not wake up without being high to soothe his own conflict.
lemon juice is the ego, we squint at the bitterness, cannot take our true selves, and form ideals against the things that try to limit or regulate the coping methods. the pot (or ourselves as the drug), calling the kettle black. claiming to see through everything, while looking through muddy water. I also think that raising the dead, and robbign the grave, refers to stealing ideals or paradigms from deceased minds, famous archetypes and quotes and predisposed ideas, calling it your own to avoid forming original thoughts. then burning the evidence, is smoking more drugs, and forgetting all of these amazing borrowed revelations, and possible seeds for original ones.
"kangaroo court" is used to describe judicial proceedings that deny due process rights in the name of expediency. Such rights include the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate" -this suggests, your ideas are formed prematurely because you think you now know everything. that youur eye is open and you have room to judge, without truly examining yourself, sober, and connected.
"steal, borrow, refer, shady inference", everyone gets high and bullshits stories and ideas and experiences that they have not actually experienced for being too damn numb.
it's about the hierarchy of pretending we see through eachother, while sitting in a cloud of smoke. like. "here's an original idea" *pisses on* "let me give you a quote buddha once said, referring to what trying to say" "but no, this is my idea" "but, no, it was his" "well.. where's your's, then? asshole".

in my opinion. and experience around entheogen-users and self-proclaimed philosophers and psychologists.

...in my hypocritical opinion...
07-03-2010, 06:51 AM

indigo also refers to the deep purple (lol) Royal colour,
and the crown chakra.
as in, assuming we have power over our perception or other people because we have the most things to refer to, but no original ideas from the True Self.
never crying out of empathy, only disdain for not being able to truly see through that eye you got your ego all up in.
you're choosing (yes, distinctly, chosen) indigo as your paradigm, forceful aura, trying to use your divinity as a personality. but your ego shows through yellow like a lemon, sour, and shallow, that you're selective, and bitter that you cannot see, also, calling others down... as it seems alot of people do, about eachther's understanding of this line.

Last edited by paramātmā; 07-03-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #135
Level 1 - Lurker

indigo also refers to the deep purple (lol) Royal colour,
and the crown chakra.
as in, assuming we have power over our perception or other people because we have the most things to refer to, but no original ideas from the True Self.
never crying out of empathy, only disdain for not being able to truly see through that eye you got your ego all up in.
you're choosing (yes, distinctly, chosen) indigo as your paradigm, forceful aura, trying to use your divinity as a personality. but your ego shows through yellow like a lemon, sour, and shallow, that you're selective, and bitter that you cannot see, also, calling others down... as it seems alot of people do, about eachther's understanding of this line.

Last edited by paramātmā; 07-03-2010 at 07:26 AM..
tryptosaur
07-07-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
First Blood.
Sorry, I lost my psychic powers and still haven't found them. I'm offering a giant $40 reward to whoever can return them to me and promise to not use any.
Since I owe you the Trautman award already we can just call it even as long as you bring me my powers back (AND it's OK to use them. If you find any dead bodies for the police or deliver any messages from someone's dead relative be sure to mention me at no additional cost.)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #136
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
First Blood.
Sorry, I lost my psychic powers and still haven't found them. I'm offering a giant $40 reward to whoever can return them to me and promise to not use any.
Since I owe you the Trautman award already we can just call it even as long as you bring me my powers back (AND it's OK to use them. If you find any dead bodies for the police or deliver any messages from someone's dead relative be sure to mention me at no additional cost.)
Greenrent
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM

Hi, njm
Yes I think it is true
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #137
Banned.

Hi, njm
Yes I think it is true
oxpocket
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM

I think you're all nuts...

Indigo... Rare and not used much at all anymore... Cozened indigo = synthetic blue dye. One of the most popular eye make up colors = Blue which is made using synthetic indigo colored dye.

When a woman crys with too much eye make up on it runs... One may use lemon juice to aid in the act of fake crying. lemon juice looks like piss. Pot/Black kettle... Fake tears aren't fooling anyone and if you think so you must be high.

It can't be that easy can it?

If everything has a hidden meaning to figure out then explain Hooker With A Penis... And please continue to use wikipedia as your main point of referance adding a word in here and there to make it look as if it came from your own thoughts.

Yours truly,
Tammy Faye Baker
Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #138
Level 1 - Lurker

I think you're all nuts...

Indigo... Rare and not used much at all anymore... Cozened indigo = synthetic blue dye. One of the most popular eye make up colors = Blue which is made using synthetic indigo colored dye.

When a woman crys with too much eye make up on it runs... One may use lemon juice to aid in the act of fake crying. lemon juice looks like piss. Pot/Black kettle... Fake tears aren't fooling anyone and if you think so you must be high.

It can't be that easy can it?

If everything has a hidden meaning to figure out then explain Hooker With A Penis... And please continue to use wikipedia as your main point of referance adding a word in here and there to make it look as if it came from your own thoughts.

Yours truly,
Tammy Faye Baker
frater H's Avatar frater H
05-02-2012, 06:48 AM

v. coz·ened, coz·en·ing, coz·ens
v.tr.
1. To mislead by means of a petty trick or fraud; deceive.
2. To persuade or induce to do something by cajoling or wheedling.
3. To obtain by deceit or persuasion.
v.intr.
To act deceitfully.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #139
Level 8 - Vociferous

v. coz·ened, coz·en·ing, coz·ens
v.tr.
1. To mislead by means of a petty trick or fraud; deceive.
2. To persuade or induce to do something by cajoling or wheedling.
3. To obtain by deceit or persuasion.
v.intr.
To act deceitfully.
kobecoomans
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem
I think i freakin love u man :D
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #140
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem
I think i freakin love u man :D
durgadas
09-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny View Post
From the 'Official Lyrics Release' Thread
Jimmeny, your post made me think of Soma. In Hinduism, it is said that Soma drips down from the pineal gland each day which gives us another day of life.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #141
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny View Post
From the 'Official Lyrics Release' Thread
Jimmeny, your post made me think of Soma. In Hinduism, it is said that Soma drips down from the pineal gland each day which gives us another day of life.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply