Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 02. Jambi
User Name
Password
Malaclypse
05-19-2016, 01:32 AM

on the episode where Fry makes a deal with the devil for musical talent (S5 E16), hedonism-bot asks his servent "Jambi" to lather him in something (not really important to this post). i just thought the character name mixed with the theme of the episode was oddly similar to the theme of this song.

"But I, I would wish it all away.
If I thought I'd lose you just one day."

- Fry took back his deal with the devil in exchange for leela (who had made a deal for hearing, after she was deafened, in exchange for "her hand in marriage")

though, i know that Maynard is most likely talking about how he would sacrifice his career and success for his mother's health if he could.

i'm also aware that Adam said in an interview that they came up with the name after one of them said the rhythm sounded similar to Jambi's phrase in Pee-Wee's Playhouse, "Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho." but i thought this minor detail in this episode that was released three years before this album was released was weird. almost like synchronicity or something. idk. this might be a dumb post.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
a minor detail in Futurama

on the episode where Fry makes a deal with the devil for musical talent (S5 E16), hedonism-bot asks his servent "Jambi" to lather him in something (not really important to this post). i just thought the character name mixed with the theme of the episode was oddly similar to the theme of this song.

"But I, I would wish it all away.
If I thought I'd lose you just one day."

- Fry took back his deal with the devil in exchange for leela (who had made a deal for hearing, after she was deafened, in exchange for "her hand in marriage")

though, i know that Maynard is most likely talking about how he would sacrifice his career and success for his mother's health if he could.

i'm also aware that Adam said in an interview that they came up with the name after one of them said the rhythm sounded similar to Jambi's phrase in Pee-Wee's Playhouse, "Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho." but i thought this minor detail in this episode that was released three years before this album was released was weird. almost like synchronicity or something. idk. this might be a dumb post.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
joegiles
02-23-2018, 05:16 AM

can you please explain?
Old 02-23-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: a minor detail in Futurama

can you please explain?
Malaclypse
02-23-2018, 06:24 AM

Man this is quite old, i havent seen this episode since netflix took it off. I was also probably a bit stoned when i wrote this, but i'll try.

From what i gather, the similarity is the theme of selling your soul for a desire. The character in the episode named Jambi just threw me for a loop.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #3
Banned.

Re: a minor detail in Futurama

Man this is quite old, i havent seen this episode since netflix took it off. I was also probably a bit stoned when i wrote this, but i'll try.

From what i gather, the similarity is the theme of selling your soul for a desire. The character in the episode named Jambi just threw me for a loop.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply