opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #81
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusense View Post
TO THE PEOPLE WITH THE 'TOOL SIGN': maynard said "you spelled it wrong". ;)
Haha!! fucking great!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #82
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabola7001 View Post
as i reflect as to what i said. I will still hold strong that this wasn't the best tool show i had seen. I was let down. It weird. I knew every song at this show and every word. And when i went to my first show i didn't know a single song! maybe 46&2 if i can recall. My friend who lived down the street wanted me to listen. I don't recall what age i was but he was around 19 or so. So i listen to a few songs but didn't really get to me that much. A few days go by. He asks if i want to go see them live. My first tool show was my first concert. wow...i have to say it was the best show ever. didn't know any song nor lyric. this show a few days ago didn't even compare.
thats the same thing that happened to me, didnt really know tool that well except for stinkfist and aenima and 46 and 2 and then first concert ever is tool cause my buddy wanted me to go with him, best decision ever, this was my 4th time seeing tool and id have to say the best, i had great people around me, the setlist was awesome the only thing i wanted that i didnt get was Right in Two but thiers supposed to be another leg so hopefully then. lasers were awesome, using the stage as a screen was amazing too, not sure if i liked that or the curtains with the alex grey projections on the lateralus tour more but either way definetly amazing, maynard dancing around was great, totally great show that all i can say
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #83
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by minus View Post
Haha!! fucking great!
What did the sign say? I missed it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

well, there's a difference in critiqueing, or saying "i wish they would've done..." (which you may have been doing) and flat out WHINING with a sense of entitlement to go along with it.

i've seen ALOT of bands i love stop touring/writing music. my point is, appreciate what you can get while you can.

and while that was my first tool show in person, i've seen the different incarnations of tours on bootleg dvds that friends have shown me. i've also, been to TONS of shows big and small. i can equate what i see on a dvd to a live experience fairly well...and it's CLEAR from my point of view at least, that tool has gotten tighter and better with each tour. this one is no exception.

and yes, Devo42, i TOO wish i could've been seeing them since '94.i i truly envy you in that regard. unfortunately, despite the fact i've been LISTENING to them since then...i've (for various reasons) missed them since i've been old enough to travel (they haven't come to pensacola much). i'm STILL kicking myself for missing the lateralus tour (with the alex grey backdrop).

the only thing i can compare it too is 311, because they're my other "top live band" that i go out of the way to see. i've been to 15 or so 311 shows since '95. they were WAY different back then. better? hard to say. certainly not musically, but there WAS a different crowd/vibe/energy to those show's back in those days. do i MISS them? sure. i'd KILL to go back to one of those. that said...i saw them in atlanta three weeks ago. and musically, (like tool) they just keep getting better, and better, and better. the word "professional" comes to mind alot to me when i see 311, or tool, or any other really tight, great band play. they continue to evolve, and while each subsequent tour is a little different, i always APPRECIATE them for what they are. 311 used to do way longer shows on a regular basis (they do however now do 311 day which is 5 hours long....i'd KILL for tool to do such a thing, but i'm not holding my breath..haha). but i don't care, because it is a TREAT each and every time they go out on the road. because it may or may not be the last...so i appreciate it.

i only PRAY that tool continues to tour for awhile so i can catch as many shows as i can, since i can now afford to travel.

and call me a ROOKIE if you want, or whatother snide nickname you want. i drove from FLORIDA for this show...and now i'm in chicago for another one. i've busted my ASS to get to these (drove over 24 hours so far).

sorry you feel the way you do...truly. hope your next experience is better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #85
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusense View Post
little to no moshing,
Were we at the same concert?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #86
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow the show was amazing i saw them in Wichita Kansas and it doesnt even compare to the show at Kemper. The lasers were awesome and the visuals on the stage were out of this world the whole arena was into the concert great people and a even better atmosphere and can anybody tell me how many lighters there were props to the band and i cant wait to see them again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #87
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo42 View Post
I thought the KC was ok... I wish Maynard would've talked to us more. I wanted him to follow up saying 'Kansas Fucking City"... We're Back!"

But all we got was that he wasn't suppose to sing this song...C'mon Maynard... talk to us man!! Give us something that makes our KC concert unique from all the others.

The laserlights were cool, but the half screens SUCKED!!! I LOVE THE VIDEOS! don't hide them behind the band!!!

This was my 7th Tool Concert and it ranks last at number 7.
Absolutely correct regarding MJK--he could try to act like he has been in the area/region before maybe. Or say something halfway intelligent or thoughtful.
Even the proverbial KC barbecue citation would have been brighter relative to his comments...Even "gotta piss" during "Aenema" would have been rewarding...
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #88
Level 2 - Poster

yea was a little disapointed about maynards lack of speaking, of the 4 times id have to say coachella was the most he'd spoken to us although i do have agree with what someone said, is that you never know when tools gonna be done doing their thing, i fear that 10,000 days was their last album and i fear that this tour is their last so despite what you wanted at this concert or what you would have improved, remember to appreciate
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #89
Level 1 - Lurker

TOOL > ALL

Well, this was my first Tool concert, and I was amazed. When they came out and started right into stinkfist, it gave me the chills. I had tingles running through my whole body for like 2 minutes straight.(I think this is the only band that does that to me) I wish they recorded their own shows and sold dvds, I'd LOVE to have one. Even another live cd like Salival. (which Im still trying to get ahold of)

There was only 1 song I wasnt happy with in the line up(but was still great). Instead of Rosetta Stoned, I was really hoping to hear Third Eye or Reflection. Any of the songs from the Undertow or Opiate cds would have been cool to hear as well. But oh well, I'll definitely be going to the next Tool concert that comes around, if this wasnt their last in Kansas City. (I sure in hell hope not)

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Errorist; 09-18-2006 at 05:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #90
Level 1 - Lurker

i have to say that the best part of the show was about an hour and 15 min after it was over. which i know that the majority of you missed. Adam Jones came to the gate over by the buses, I got to meet him, shake his hand, and got a pic of him and my friend Paul. Adam came out to see this guy that snuck into the back of the building...was running & jumping around inside the dressing room (this guy happen to be trippin on acid) and was brought out by Tool's security...than ran off. The security guy went & told Adam about it and Adam came out to meet the guy..he said "he felt sorry him"...so anyways Bravo!! to the guy freakin out trippin on acid...for i would not be able to say i was one of the very very few that were there to experience and photograph this FUCKING AWESOME OCCASION!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #91
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrak attack View Post
What did the sign say? I missed it.
"T O O L"

one letter on each sign.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #92
Level 1 - Lurker

ah geez. tool fans. can't handle a negative concert review of a concert they enjoyed.

from my perspective, lots of fans screaming really loud does not make the show better. i'm kind of a weirdo i guess...i like hearing the band. I don't think thousands of people screaming = more energy. to me, people screaming = less suspense. drunk obnoxiousness bad, respectful enthusiasm good!

Quote:
Wow the show was amazing i saw them in Wichita Kansas and it doesnt even compare to the show at Kemper.
see i thought that show was FAR better. the crowd was nice and quiet, and the band played a ridiculously awesome setlist and had the great alex grey backgrops. tomahawk rocked, and nobody booed them. but hey, i'm a lateralus kinda guy more than a 10,000 days kinda guy (although i still think its a decent album), so my perspective is probably a little different.

But to be fair, I might've been writing a rave review if I hadn't been to the show at Memorial 4 months earlier, where as ParisClitoris said:

Quote:
The band's intimate show in May (actually in KS) was superior in sound and set list quality.
that show was a lot better than this one...but still i think i liked the wichita show more than that one.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #93
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This show was fucking amazing. I had great seats, I would not trade them for anything. I ate quarter of some really good shrooms, and the visuals that were on the stage were fucking amazing. Best show ever....
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 AM   #94
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW.. all i can say is wow.. first time posting here.. thought i'd toss in my 2 cents..

i was in sec 116 about half way up. . had a great view of the whole show..

Tool is such an amazing band.. on album and whatever bootlegs i can dig up they have blown me away for years.. this was my first time seeing them live.. and i was in some kind of hypnotized state of mind for 95% of the show.. Blew me the fuck away..

i personally hoped for a couple tracks from Undertow.. the album that set my love for tool in motion.. but the tracks from Aenima made up for that.. just hearing Aenima played live was badass enough.. I FUCKING love that song..

i've been to a pretty decent number of concerts in quite a few different venues.. and i have put tool at the very top of the list for live bands.. right up with NIN (saw them 4 times last tour)

Last edited by hctiwT; 09-19-2006 at 01:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #95
Level 1 - Lurker

First off this was my first TOOL concert. I was taken by my brother who has seen them 4 times in KC and Tulsa Oklahoma, and other than my bro being sick with food poisening during the show (a damned shame) Great show all around.

While Taking a Piss before the show they had posters of the concert up on the walls and the two opening bands on there were Tomahawk and Meshugga.. which have both opened for TOOL in KC in the past, and would've been a better choice.

I for one am Hoping that they book the sandstone or some larger venue that Kemper next time around.. I mean Kemper is great and all (I had Dead Center seats ROW H on the Balcony) Because the accoustics there suck higher up and ruin some of the fun of it. That and they could turn those Screens upright like they should've been instead of laying down so some $25 fucks could view it from the back.

Last thing... that laser show if it was put outside would be fucking amazing

Last edited by Krakaan; 09-19-2006 at 04:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #96
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnx View Post
Hey, wow. You're the closest to where I was that I've found here. I was in 111 as well. Row E, seat 14 (aisle seat on the end away from the stage)

How well did you like your seats? I was thrilled with mine (Especially when I realized it was on the aisle). My only hesitant thought was that if I was a few rows back I would been able to see the stage projections better. What'd your angle look like?
I couldn't have been happier with our seats. We were right in the middle of 111 and had an incredible view of the stage.

I was nervous before the show when they took the drapes off the screens...thinking they would have been lifted a bit...which would have sucked for those behind the stage. From our seats, we had a clear line of sight of the screens and the whole band. Adam was a little far but he doesn't like us to stare at him anyway.

If you were on the aisle...did you see the guy charge through security on to the floor right before Tool came on. Both security guards had no clue...that guy breezed by them both before they could process what happened. While that's not my show M.O., it was priceless.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #97
Level 1 - Lurker

3rd time seeing TOOL and OMG! I can't get enough! We were in section 114 Row T and the view was perfect...I'm short (5'1") so I dont go into the pit/floor cuz I can't see shit and it sounded rough from reading what you guyz wrote! The show was mindblowing! The music, visuals, the crowd!! SUCH A TREAT!!! Hell of a performance for MJK not feeling well. To the people with the TOOL letters MAD PROPS for holding them up the entire show!!! AND the lighters were etherial! I've seen a LOT of concerts and NONE with a showing like that!!!!! I would never have guessed they could look that way! The crowd being as into it as they were made me proud to be from Missouri! I think next time around I'll get tickets to see 2 shows (follow them across state, Greatful Dead Style lol) ....like once in KC and once in St. Louis (if they are there) or Tulsa or Litte Rock or whereever!! It was a great day in KC! When we got into town earlier that afternoon we saw the Blue Angels flying their jets right above downtown KC. After the concert was over FIREWORKS were popping off just outside the venue! I guess sometimes the stars align just perfect!

Spiral Out! (KEEP GOING!!!)
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #98
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

7th tool show, and it was the best one. Its amazing on the bickering people are doing based on opinion. So you been a fan since 94, what the hell does that mean? So it was your first Tool show, and it was your best? yadda, yadda. Take it easy guys, the show was great, in my opinion, and just because maynard didn't talk much, doesn't mean it wasn't a good show. I was there for the music, not holding my breath to wait for maynard to say something funny. To the Tool fan who has been a fan since 1994, I award you a shiny medal, and for the other fan whos first show it was....well you have a lot of time before you are awarded anything like the 94 jackass.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

The show was fucking amazing blew memorial hall plum out of the water. I didn't feel that maynard talked any less at this show then he did at memorial hall but i could be wrong. the vocals sounded better at kemper than memorial even though maynard was sick a cut a couple songs short. I thought it was cool that there were alot of new fans there but they still need to show more respect for the old shit. did anyone catch the alteration to stinkfist with the drum solo which reminds me danny is fucking god i think he really turns it on for the kansas shows. Isis was horrible i cant believe a band like with as little talent as they have is touring with tool and bartender bryan i thougt the drummer sucked i think shity punk rock drummers are better than he wasmaybe thats just me and to all people bithcing about someone being off or playing a wrong chord need to go to hell yeah u must be a good fan and really know the music but fuck who needs to disect it that much if you were u obviously wasnt having as good at time as possible worry to much and shit and besides lets see u get up there and do it every night of the week for as long as they have well im done im out cant wait until they come back around
Old 09-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #100
Level 1 - Lurker

One of the best shows I've ever seen. Maynard didn't dissapoint, even though he wasn't at 100%.

Danny, Justin, and Adam prove there are none better at doing it live. The songs are still swirling in my head, and I wish I could fly off to The Netherlands to see them again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #101
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

I missed the fireworks. I waited till crowd control chased me outta my seat. Then I sat in traffic for an hour and a half. Actually I sat in traffic for 15 minutes, then I pulled over to the side and waited till I had room to drive. Then I discovered that if they had just let me turn left, instead of forcing me to go right.

Any word on if they were Official Tool-works? I doubt it, but it would be a pretty nifty addition to the light show we already got.

"Spark becomes a flame.
Flame becomes a fire."
if it was what was going on outside after the show i think what was going on was their was an air show at the downtown airport(also a fun time) and they had some A-10s that were gonna do a tactical demonstration (i.e. explosives on the ground, planes fly over and make it seem like they were doing a bombing run when the shit blows up on the ground) and i think they were testing the lines, unfortunatly it didnt happen on saturday but yea i think thats what it was
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

section 107 here - but what do you expect for last minute? this was my sixth show and while it was not the masquerade... it was still damn fine. nice to hear wings 1 & 2. what more can i say? you all were there...
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

OK, here it is. First of all if you dont get off your ass and go to a TOOL concert you might as well sit at home for the rest of you life watching reruns of the MTV music awards and old episodes of American Gladiators. I have now seen TOOL three times in my life. Once on the lateralus tour in KEMPER, on May 11th of this year at memorial, and recently again at KEMPER. I have seen some reviews that say they (TOOL) are getting better and better, and this is absolutely true!! THis year at memorial hall in KCK they literally destroyed all of us in that building, it was an amazing thing to witness both by the eye, and the ear, and the third eye if we really want to get technical about it. I didn't think Tool could put on a show with that much power in an arena, but with the great fans of the midwest and Tools musical genius they destroyed us once again. Thank you tool and thank you everybody there for the amazing energy. Lets all realize we are one and break the walls down of this mindfuck we live in called freedom. Keep going.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #104
Level 1 - Lurker

HEY!! section 107 I bought a late ticket for my friend over in that section $25 but luckily there were two open seats over in 229 row H (that was us) so I called him back over after ISIS ended. Was a great spot save for the heavy ganja smoke coming from 3 peopl sitting all around us.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #105
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

When maynard said you spelled tool wrong anyone else think he meant you should have spelled it FOOL? Because thats what the people with the sign are?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #106
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorofNecropolis View Post
When maynard said you spelled tool wrong anyone else think he meant you should have spelled it FOOL? Because thats what the people with the sign are?

........No - it was a joke
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #107
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

This was the first time I've seen Tool, and I thought it was incredible! I was in college when "Undertow" was released and have been a fan since then, but never had the opportunity to see them in concert. I am so glad I finally went to a show.......it blew me away!! I've been to quite a few concerts and this one would have to be my favorite so far! I'm hoping they add more dates in early 2007 and come to Omaha, or back to K.C., because I'll definitely go see them again! My 9 year old son wants to go with me this next time, he was mad I didn't take him this time!

Anyways, great show and great crowd! I don't care what some of you guys think, I thought the energy and intensity was awesome, especially during the last 3 songs! I can still picture in my head the crowd during AEnema, jumping and throwing their fists in the air, screaming, "Learn to Swim"!

OTF
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #108
Level 3 - Talker

this is my third tool show.
saw 'em after undertow was released w/ the flaming lips and on the lateralus tour w/ tomahawk.

i'm a big isis fan (as well as all of the forementioned opening bands) and really really enjoyed their set.
the sound was fucking great, really really showed off the drummer well.
would have loved to have seen more.
i would hope these guys get some exposure from this tour, they deserve it.

had good lower level seats, section 115 row p.
that's directly dead center on the lower level across from the stage, dead center of the tier and center of the row.
directly behind the mix and in the optimal position for the lasers and rest of the visuals.

the constant crapping out of the overhead visual monitors was an irritant...
it constantly looked like someone needed to jiggle a fucking cord somewhere or something.
but the performance was the best i've seen from them so far.

highlights from the show: rosetta stoned (unless you hate the song), and lateralus

i was very glad to hear wings 1,2 - but was kind of displeased by the omission of right in two and opiate from the earlier set lists i saw.
personally i would have been fine w/ losing stinkfist, 46&2 or aenima for anything off of undertow or opiate.

that's just me, though.
i'd followed the reviews enough to know what to expect.

...i was wearing an 'ichi the killer' shirt, and the first person to ever recognize it i ran into in the hall while rushing off to sit in my seat the second that the vocals entered in the first isis song.

great show.
a couple hundred miles from home.
laid out a chunk of change, but it was well worth it.

peace, yo.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #109
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo42 View Post
I thought the KC was ok... I wish Maynard would've talked to us more. I wanted him to follow up saying 'Kansas Fucking City"... We're Back!"

But all we got was that he wasn't suppose to sing this song...C'mon Maynard... talk to us man!! Give us something that makes our KC concert unique from all the others.

The laserlights were cool, but the half screens SUCKED!!! I LOVE THE VIDEOS! don't hide them behind the band!!!

This was my 7th Tool Concert and it ranks last at number 7.

Oh, you again....

well. Since you've been seeing them live since `94. You should know better than the rest of us, that's how Maynard is. And we did get something to make ours unique, he just waited until the following night to say it. Check the Minnesota thread, he said something to the effect of "Kansas was louder."

And I personally liked the screen setup. Depending on where you were it gave a great effect. Coupled with the floor of the stage it made it seem like they were in the middle of the screen.

You're probably pissed `cause you were on the floor and didn't get to see just how well the setup really was.

How can you talk shit about it? Tool still beats the shit outta any other bands stage show. Not to mention that at least we got a show- unlike San Antonio and Wisconsion.

-erased-over-out-
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #110
Level 2 - Poster

Well Colt4540, I didn't say he was a great or kick ass drummer, but technically he was sound. Far superior over the rest of the shitty band (ISIS). I have been playing drums since I was 3, so I guess I see the possibility of potential in him. He did move around the set pretty well. I had seats high enough to see that. As far as the band as a whole, if they are on an elevator to hell, it must be for raping old ladies or something like that. So I will repent now, so I don't have to see them ever again. From my seats noone on the floor looked into them. They were talking to their buddies or lighting up. :) Everyone in my section (221) were looking around at each other with amazement that Tool would pick such a band to open for them. Hell over half of the arena was empty! Everyone only cheered after their songs in anticipation for the real band Tool.

As far as being impatient (hym), that has absolutely nothing to do with being a Tool fan! Just because you have to wait 4 or 5 years for an album or tour doesn't make you any more of a fan than the rest of us. But let me get this strait. Isis is "ambient", which means I am impatient because I don't like them, and because of my "impatients" I shouldn't listen to Tool. I did pay $65 for a ticket to see Tool, so if I don't like the opening band I am free to complain about it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #111
Level 2 - Poster

Colt4540, don't get me wrong. I agree with you totally. The band stunk! I'm on your side on this one.

The Tool set was absolutely AMAZING! I do think the could have dropped a couple of songs (Schism, 10,000 days, and Rosetta Stoned), and added some older stuff from Opiate and Undertow to make a stronger set list. Over all it was a great show by Tool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #112
Level 1 - Lurker

I saw the lateralus tour in Wichita, KS. I must say I love this band.

I am a pretty hardcore fan so I planned on being right in front,
right under Justin C. His bass never dissapoints.

Being literally in the front was so FUN I will and have never experienced a better
concert atmosphere. I can say that having to been to 40+ concerts around KS.

TOOL delivers and reacted accordingly to the wonderful crowd.

I was literally leaning on the railing under Justin and could move freely??
That is not supposed to happen.

The lighters, the fun, the atmosphere was amazing...Thank you KC

Danny is my favorite drummer next to Neil from Rush and is perfectly spot on
with whatever he decides to do. Adam and MJK played like expected.

Maynard was hilarious with his bullriding dance. He threw a couple imaginary lassos around too during the pot.

I wish they would've played a lot more from Lateralus (The patient, The grudge, Parabol/a) and Eulogy were missing :(!! I honestly don't think rock music in general gets better than Lateralus.

The band Tool has given me this great music and I can only hope they continue on with whatever musical endeavors because I will certainly wait and anticipate it.

As for every person who bitched, appreciate them still touring because
they have been at it forever. I am not the biggest fan of 10,000 days but hope they painfully make another album.

Learn to be f**king patient. Relax. Chill.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #113
Level 7 - Loquacious

man, this crowd was SO awesome. i saw them in chicago on monday...and the energy in kemper that night (granted, it was WAAAY bigger than the allstate arena) was phenomenal.

when the lights went OUT, and everyone's lighters came out during that long bass pulse......WOW. you knew it was going to get nuts after that.

also, don't know if anyone mentioned it yet or not...but during wings/10000days, they ARE doing the lightning/thunder. and it's AWESOME when they do it too. :)

was anyone else floored by the way that DRUM danny hits during the end of wings and through 10000 days (you know the one) just kept resonating the whole time? fucking breathtaking that was. not to mention the rest of the song. ha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #114
Level 3 - Talker

I thought the setlist was awesome, it played out perfectly! The highlight for me was the last 3 songs - Lateralus, Vicarious & Aenema! Incredible! I do wish they could've added a couple extra songs to make the setlist longer, maybe throw in "Right in Two" and "Undertow".

Personally, I'm a "10,000 Days" fan. One of the best rock albums of all time! I would put the first 5 songs on "10,000 Days" (Vicarious, Jambi, Wings for Marie, 10,000 Days & The Pot) up against any 5 consecutive songs, on any rock album, of all time - they can't be beat! Just my opinion!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #115
Level 1 - Lurker

How lucky were we that the show wasn't cancelled or postponed!! Second time seeing the best band ever live!! Can't wait til they come around again, hopefully more dates and closer. I drove 250 miles. The crowd was great, i saw on youtube someone had some footage but only 57 and 51 seconds each. Did anyone else sneak a camera in!! MORE TOUR DATES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #116
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Oh, you again....

well. Since you've been seeing them live since `94. You should know better than the rest of us, that's how Maynard is. And we did get something to make ours unique, he just waited until the following night to say it. Check the Minnesota thread, he said something to the effect of "Kansas was louder."

And I personally liked the screen setup. Depending on where you were it gave a great effect. Coupled with the floor of the stage it made it seem like they were in the middle of the screen.

You're probably pissed `cause you were on the floor and didn't get to see just how well the setup really was.

How can you talk shit about it? Tool still beats the shit outta any other bands stage show. Not to mention that at least we got a show- unlike San Antonio and Wisconsion.

-erased-over-out-
though it is probably true that the seats had an overall better view, those of us on the floor were treated with an awesome view of the light show, with smoke right over our heads and shit. great show, i don't care what they played. it was all excellent. 10000 days is an excellent album, and i am glad they played so much of it. especially wings and 10000 days.
i agree wth phnx about all the whiny bitching people. you, by the way, are the very whining, bitching babies maynard mentioned before the pot. fucking arrogant pricks. write something and join an awesome band and play whatever the fuck you want, and enjoy life if you can't, and respect the people who can. tool is awesome, as we all know, but your awesomeness, babies, is in question.

Last edited by tyxlc; 09-21-2006 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: insert quotees name in my post
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #117
Level 3 - Talker

i think maynard has a very active sense of humor, and, while he may not admit it for fear of hurting isis' feelings, he might have chosen them because they would make the casual fans uneasy, and because he probably thinks it's funny to have a band that sucks open for them. he knows tool can not be fucked with. tool was enough. by the way, i am only going by the majority opinion on isis. i missed them by a couple of minutes.
just a possibility.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #118
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my seventh rock concert and my first TOOL concert it was definitly the best concert of my life period. Even though Maynard was coming out of being sick i could not even tell if he hadn't of said it before The Pot. September 15, 2006 made my life worth living thanks to TOOL

Setlist (AGAIN)
1. Stinkfist
2. The Pot
3. Forty Six & Two
4. Jambi
5. Schism
6. Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
7. Rosetta Stoned
8. Wings for Marie (Pt. 1)
9. 10,000 Days (Pt. 2)
Encore
1. Lateralus
2. Vicarious
3. Aenema
Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #119
Level 3 - Talker

Was that Mantra they played before Schism, or just some made-up Intro?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #120
Level 7 - Loquacious

man, that thing they played before schism wasn't mantra, but it was WICKED. it really floored me for a second...thought it was going to be some crazy new song no one had heard. i guess, it kinda is.

same with that bad ass spacey intro to vicarious. they've gotten much much better at that.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: