opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 12-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Thursday Jan 28th - Orlando, FL

Old 02-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Thursday Jan 28th - Orlando, FL

It's been a few years, but let's see if I remember how to do this...

Started off the night driving into a rainstorm, typical sub-tropic moisture event which makes every motorist in the world slow their vehicle to a crawl. The wife and I wine and dine at a Spanish Tapas bar on Church Street, thinking it will be a leisurely walk to the Amway Center moments before Primus hit the stage.

Cut to, "Enjoy the game."
"What game? We are here for the concert."
"Oh, no, let me see those tickets...Def Leppard is NEXT week"
"Wha...?"

Tires screeching, more rain, swerving and multiple toll stops, 30 minutes later and overflow parking shuttle bring us to CFE Arena, right when Prumus is closing with My Name is Mud and Jerry was a Racecar Driver. How fitting.

Vigenti Tres got the blood pumping, hair on end, closed my eyes and felt the massive sounds rumble hiss squeal and we ascended into a perfect rendition of NoQuarter. I have wanting to hear this live for so long, immediate flood of memories pre-Lateralus so many years ago.

The visual and lighting work throughout the entire show was spectacular. The images of the band shadow splitting into infinity with the crimson streaked sunset during their Ascending/Descending jam was so cool, subtle, blink and you miss it special. Danny Carey's synth jam-drum solo was incredible, with all shades of flair and different sounds, crazy rainbow swirls and pulses. I am really enjoying the new art direction.

I got to hear Opiate and Sweat for the first time live, and it did not disappoint. This show was easily in the top tier of Tool performances. The setlist varied, the sound was magnificent, the second hand smoke was everywhere, the lazer show was immersive. Thank you Tool.

"FLORIDA, apparently." "You could be a little more Florida."

Last edited by imaduh; 02-03-2016 at 04:08 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Thursday Jan 28th - Orlando, FL

Also, met a few people on the crowded shuttle to E4, which almost hit multiple things, and though I am terrible with names, I am very happy to have shared the night with y'all and am pleased nobody was murdered. Hail Satan.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: