Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 12:58 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Dec 07 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
rgardjr
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Last edited by marcus; 12-07-2007 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: changed link to stashbox
Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 07 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena

Last edited by marcus; 12-07-2007 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: changed link to stashbox
OFFLINE |  
Big Fuzzy's Avatar Big Fuzzy
12-08-2007, 06:26 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ions intro & Extended Bridge)
Forty Six & Two
Schism (Extended intro & Bridge)
Rostetta Stoned
Noise & Lights Intermission
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralis (w/ Sebastian of Trans Am)
Vicarious

"What's up you Drunk Bitches of Spotuckey?!"

"It's good to see you again...Oh, I was talking to Sebastian...It's good to see you too."

I had the tickets to this show since October. Was worried about Maynard being sick earlier in the week, what a trooper. Drove two and a half hours from my hometown of Omak to the Arena. Was offered Mushrooms in the parking lot, but didn't buy any. I haven't tripped at a concert since White Zombie/Pantera at the Gorge back in 1996. But nice people though. It was cold outside standing in line. Once inside, I purchased a shirt ($43 xxl, luckily it was payday week for me), and the exclusive Spokane show poster. Then went into the GA area and within minutes Trans Am took the stage. They are different, but totally tight. I especially liked it when the guitar player played bass as well. A total "Spinal Tap Big Bottom with distortion" sound. They played mostly instrumentals, but they had two songs one with Vocoder vocals and another with Clean vocals. It was also funny when the bass player on the drummers' right was munching on something as they were playing. Then Tool took the stage. Massive crowd roar. Excellent Projections (the spiral of bodies was eerie), Lasers (more than last years Gorge show), Smoke (from them and the crowd), Sound (pretty clear from where I was standing, Adam and Maynards' side, behind the pit), and Lights. Plus really good musicianship. I still can't pick a favorite Tool show out of the 5 I've seen. The extended intros and extended bridges were great to hear. As well as the noise in between songs (lots of low end). Whatever they have to make those sounds I want it. It's an awsome experience to hear what they do with those parts. Excellent improvosations. I really like that riff Adam plays before Schism. Felt like I was getting abducted during the intermission. They also showed stills from the new video at that point. Been waiting for a long time to hear Flood! They nailed it! They also switched the order of the setlist for that song (compared to previous performances). Because they went into Wings 1&2 after Flood. Wings for Marie got the Bics out for a few minutes. The stereo panning rotary guitars during Wing for Marie were another highlight for me. The drum trade offs with Danny and Sebastian during Lateralis were awsome (it reminded me of the Melvins/Tool song "Divorced" off the Melvins' "The Crybaby" LP, only sans the Feedback). To me, it was wierd that they setup the drumset for Sebastian as they were starting the song (it must cut showtime). My only complaint is for those Ladies who get on their boyfriends' shoulders. THIS IS NOT BON FUCKING JOVI!!!! I know it's all in fun, but I don't think Tool are looking for women on the shoulders of their boyfriends or friends. So, DONT' BLOCK PEOPLES' VIEW OF THE BAND FOR YOUR OWN ATTENTION GETTING EGOMANIA!

"See you all soon, peace the Fuck out."

Oh yeah, seen Maynard do some Napoleon Dynamite moves, Fuckin' funny.

Thanks to Phil B. who ordered my tickets online.
And thanks to Tool, and the Tool road crew for making it a superb Friday night.

Last edited by Big Fuzzy; 12-09-2007 at 05:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Forty Six & Two
Rostetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

"It's good to see you again...Oh, I was talking to Sebastian...It's good to see you too."

I had the tickets to this show since October. Was worried about Maynard being sick earlier in the week, what a trooper. Drove two and a half hours from my hometown of Omak to the Arena. Was offered Mushrooms in the parking lot, but didn't buy any. I haven't tripped at a concert since White Zombie/Pantera at the Gorge back in 1996. But nice people though. It was cold outside standing in line. Once inside, I purchased a shirt ($43 xxl, luckily it was payday week for me), and the exclusive Spokane show poster. Then went into the GA area and within minutes Trans Am took the stage. They are different, but totally tight. I especially liked it when the guitar player played bass as well. A total "Spinal Tap Big Bottom with distortion" sound. They played mostly instrumentals, but they had two songs one with Vocoder vocals and another with Clean vocals. It was also funny when the bass player on the drummers' right was munching on something as they were playing. Then Tool took the stage. Massive crowd roar. Excellent Projections (the spiral of bodies was eerie), Lasers (more than last years Gorge show), Smoke (from them and the crowd), Sound (pretty clear from where I was standing, Adam and Maynards' side, behind the pit), and Lights. Plus really good musicianship. I still can't pick a favorite Tool show out of the 5 I've seen. The extended intros and extended bridges were great to hear. As well as the noise in between songs (lots of low end). Whatever they have to make those sounds I want it. It's an awsome experience to hear what they do with those parts. Excellent improvosations. I really like that riff Adam plays before Schism. Felt like I was getting abducted during the intermission. They also showed stills from the new video at that point. Been waiting for a long time to hear Flood! They nailed it! They also switched the order of the setlist for that song (compared to previous performances). Because they went into Wings 1&2 after Flood. Wings for Marie got the Bics out for a few minutes. The stereo panning rotary guitars during Wing for Marie were another highlight for me. The drum trade offs with Danny and Sebastian during Lateralis were awsome (it reminded me of the Melvins/Tool song "Divorced" off the Melvins' "The Crybaby" LP, only sans the Feedback). To me, it was wierd that they setup the drumset for Sebastian as they were starting the song (it must cut showtime). My only complaint is for those Ladies who get on their boyfriends' shoulders. THIS IS NOT BON FUCKING JOVI!!!! I know it's all in fun, but I don't think Tool are looking for women on the shoulders of their boyfriends or friends. So, DONT' BLOCK PEOPLES' VIEW OF THE BAND FOR YOUR OWN ATTENTION GETTING EGOMANIA!

Last edited by Big Fuzzy; 12-09-2007 at 05:31 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Hippo
12-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Great show. I had GA (aka lawn seating) at the Gorge last year, and that was pretty great.. but being down on the floor last night was definitely a unique experience. Tool was tight as hell.. the lighting on Justin at the beginning of Flood was picturesque, the lasers were mesmorizing.. yeah. Better than the Gorge show as far as sound/video go, although the setlist left me yearning for something. I love them dearly, but I really wish they'd replace 46&2/Schism with Pushit, Third Eye, etc. Blah blah whining about the setlist blah blah.

Oh, and this is the first time I've worn earplugs during a show. I noticed that they really balanced things out - I could hear Maynard *way* better with them in. And you know I loves my MJK. :>

Mmmhmm. Tasty.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Great show. I had GA (aka lawn seating) at the Gorge last year, and that was pretty great.. but being down on the floor last night was definitely a unique experience. Tool was tight as hell.. the lighting on Justin at the beginning of Flood was picturesque, the lasers were mesmorizing.. yeah. Better than the Gorge show as far as sound/video go, although the setlist left me yearning for something. I love them dearly, but I really wish they'd replace 46&2/Schism with Pushit, Third Eye, etc. Blah blah whining about the setlist blah blah.

Oh, and this is the first time I've worn earplugs during a show. I noticed that they really balanced things out - I could hear Maynard *way* better with them in. And you know I loves my MJK. :>

Mmmhmm. Tasty.
OFFLINE |  
the OMJ's Avatar the OMJ
12-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Wow, fucking awesome show. I saw them at the Gorge last year and I didn't really get to appreciate the laser lights because I was in front row. I was glad I was back farther cause the lights were incredible, especially during Wings for Marie. Flood was totally unexpected and definitely one of my favorites they played last night. I was in a trance all night long, Tool just proves you don't need drugs to alter your state of mind. All together I'm really impressed, and Tool seems to get more like Pink Floyd the older they get. The only thing that pissed me off was some drunk, belligerent fuck that kept trying to start shit with everyone. He kept running into me and getting in my face trying to start a fight with me ( regardless of the fact that I'm a little chick) and saying "I'm Danny Careys brother, bitch". I just don't understand why people act like that at a Tool concert, when MOST people go there to enjoy the music, not behave like a immature idiot. Other then that I can't complain. I have more respect for Tool everytime I see them.

Last edited by the OMJ; 12-08-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Old 12-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Wow, fucking awesome show. I saw them at the Gorge last year and I didn't really get to appreciate the laser lights because I was in front row. I was glad I was back farther cause the lights were incredible, especially during Wings for Marie. Flood was totally unexpected and definitely one of my favorites they played last night. I was in a trance all night long, Tool just proves you don't need drugs to alter your state of mind. All together I'm really impressed, and Tool seems to get more like Pink Floyd the older they get. The only thing that pissed me off was some drunk, belligerent fuck that kept trying to start shit with everyone. He kept running into me and getting in my face trying to start a fight with me ( regardless of the fact that I'm a little chick) and saying "I'm Danny Careys brother, bitch". I just don't understand why people act like that at a Tool concert, when MOST people go there to enjoy the music, not behave like a immature idiot. Other then that I can't complain. I have more respect for Tool everytime I see them.

Last edited by the OMJ; 12-08-2007 at 01:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
merkabaman's Avatar merkabaman
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM

This was my first Tool show from the floor, and let me just say that I didn't stay up front for long. My girlfriend and I showed up to the arena at around four, after a two hour drive. I had heard that the front of the floor is shit, and at least for Jambi, that seemed to be the case. My girlfriend had to be launched out after about a minute, I joined her at the end of the song. I've been a part of some crazy pits, but that shit was ridiculous.

So we watched the rest of the show from right by the sound boards. My girl is such a trooper, when she was launched from the pit, she lost a shoe, and watched the rest of the show without it, happy as pie.

The show itself was awe inspiring. And I'll have to agree, the lights back from the stage are much better. Sound was excellent, which was good considering how other people have reviewed sound on here for this tour.

As far as the reefer maniacs, I don't understand why you would want to be messed up for Tool anyway. In my opinion, if you can't take something meaningful away from a performance like that, you don't deserve to be there. But enough bitching...

The highlight of the show for me was either 46&2 or Lateralis. Wings 1&2 were amazing as well, I don't see how people could deny how moving those songs are. I was moved nearly to tears, weird I know, but that's Tool! All in all there is nothing better than the Tool live experience, thanks for being cool Spokane!!

Live, Love, and Learn
Old 12-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool show from the floor, and let me just say that I didn't stay up front for long. My girlfriend and I showed up to the arena at around four, after a two hour drive. I had heard that the front of the floor is shit, and at least for Jambi, that seemed to be the case. My girlfriend had to be launched out after about a minute, I joined her at the end of the song. I've been a part of some crazy pits, but that shit was ridiculous.

So we watched the rest of the show from right by the sound boards. My girl is such a trooper, when she was launched from the pit, she lost a shoe, and watched the rest of the show without it, happy as pie.

The show itself was awe inspiring. And I'll have to agree, the lights back from the stage are much better. Sound was excellent, which was good considering how other people have reviewed sound on here for this tour.

As far as the reefer maniacs, I don't understand why you would want to be messed up for Tool anyway. In my opinion, if you can't take something meaningful away from a performance like that, you don't deserve to be there. But enough bitching...

The highlight of the show for me was either 46&2 or Lateralis. Wings 1&2 were amazing as well, I don't see how people could deny how moving those songs are. I was moved nearly to tears, weird I know, but that's Tool! All in all there is nothing better than the Tool live experience, thanks for being cool Spokane!!

Live, Love, and Learn
12-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Another kickass show, I didn't think it sounded as good as the Portland show though, but it still kicked ass. Sebastian playing drums with Danny was awesome, they both tore it up, that was definitely the highlight of the show for me. It didn't seem like many people were smoking at this show compared to the previous two shows, and the lasers didn't show up as well, Im not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it seemed noticeable. Also I noticed there was a video camera watching the performance with all the soundboards, is there always one filming the shows? Ive noticed before. The show was a 10/10 nonetheless, you cant go wrong with Tool. Peace out.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Another kickass show, I didn't think it sounded as good as the Portland show though, but it still kicked ass. Sebastian playing drums with Danny was awesome, they both tore it up, that was definitely the highlight of the show for me. It didn't seem like many people were smoking at this show compared to the previous two shows, and the lasers didn't show up as well, Im not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it seemed noticeable. Also I noticed there was a video camera watching the performance with all the soundboards, is there always one filming the shows? Ive noticed before. The show was a 10/10 nonetheless, you cant go wrong with Tool. Peace out.
12-08-2007, 03:22 PM

Yeah, they record most shows I believe, both audio and visual. Either for a supposed live dvd (doubtful), or for integrity, kind of like a football team watching film on monday. And true there wasn't nearly as much smoking as I expected.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah, they record most shows I believe, both audio and visual. Either for a supposed live dvd (doubtful), or for integrity, kind of like a football team watching film on monday. And true there wasn't nearly as much smoking as I expected.
12-08-2007, 04:01 PM

I feel purged.

Thank you TOOL.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

I feel purged.

Thank you TOOL.
OFFLINE |  
soreal
12-08-2007, 06:00 PM

couldnt ask for any better for my 20th TOOL show. in my hometown no dought. rosetta stoned was a great song last night, more energy than the other shows i have seen this tour. sound was great, think they finally raised maynards levels a bit as i could hear him better than in everett and billings.

too many drunk belligerant* assholes on the floor. dont get me wrong i was drinking but i wasnt running around bashing into to people for no reason and yelling out requests for songs.

thanks tool for all the great inspiration over these 20 shows, im going to use what you have givin me to further my art and person. hopefully i get 20 more in the coming years,

thank you.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

couldnt ask for any better for my 20th TOOL show. in my hometown no dought. rosetta stoned was a great song last night, more energy than the other shows i have seen this tour. sound was great, think they finally raised maynards levels a bit as i could hear him better than in everett and billings.

too many drunk belligerant* assholes on the floor. dont get me wrong i was drinking but i wasnt running around bashing into to people for no reason and yelling out requests for songs.

thanks tool for all the great inspiration over these 20 shows, im going to use what you have givin me to further my art and person. hopefully i get 20 more in the coming years,

thank you.
OFFLINE |  
knate
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Great show. Third Tool show for me, second at the Spokane arena.

Loved the "Spotucky" comment. Pretty fitting, some days around here.

Last time I saw the band it was at Coachella a few days before the release of 10,000 Days. This time around the newer songs had much more of a polished live feel to them, which was awesome.

I was on the floor near the soundboards, and the immediate crowd around me was really cool.

Anyway, huge thanks to the band for a great show. Wings 1&2 was the highlight for me, as well as Lateralus.

Another thanks to the security guy that let me sneak upstairs to hit the (apparently only) ATM to buy a signed show poster (awesome) at the end of the night. One other comment about the merch booth. 43 dollar tshirts? Are you fucking kidding me?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Great show. Third Tool show for me, second at the Spokane arena.

Loved the "Spotucky" comment. Pretty fitting, some days around here.

Last time I saw the band it was at Coachella a few days before the release of 10,000 Days. This time around the newer songs had much more of a polished live feel to them, which was awesome.

I was on the floor near the soundboards, and the immediate crowd around me was really cool.

Anyway, huge thanks to the band for a great show. Wings 1&2 was the highlight for me, as well as Lateralus.

Another thanks to the security guy that let me sneak upstairs to hit the (apparently only) ATM to buy a signed show poster (awesome) at the end of the night. One other comment about the merch booth. 43 dollar tshirts? Are you fucking kidding me?
OFFLINE |  
sharky01
12-08-2007, 11:50 PM

What a great show last night! This was my first tool concert and it was amazing. I have been a huge fan for years, and it was by far the greatest concert I have ever experienced. Great crowd from where I was standing, there was a couple of burn boys next to us that kept smoking us out, but other than that it was great. The lights and sounds were impecable and would envelope you, coming at you in waves of light and sound. I have done a lot of research this year on "immersion" and the "surreal" for my senior thesis and now I can finally say that I fully understand thanks to last night.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

What a great show last night! This was my first tool concert and it was amazing. I have been a huge fan for years, and it was by far the greatest concert I have ever experienced. Great crowd from where I was standing, there was a couple of burn boys next to us that kept smoking us out, but other than that it was great. The lights and sounds were impecable and would envelope you, coming at you in waves of light and sound. I have done a lot of research this year on "immersion" and the "surreal" for my senior thesis and now I can finally say that I fully understand thanks to last night.
OFFLINE |  
tcM_Emperor
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM

This was my second Tool show, first one being at The Gorge last year.

We got there about four hours early, there were only a dozen or so people waiting there before us. Holy shit was it cold, and the four hours seemed to take forever. But once that door opened we charged into the arena and got right in front and to our left a bit basically right in front of where Adam was.

TransAM was ok, not enough vocals and too much repetition in the music but they had some interesting moments. There was like a 30 minute break before Tool came on, and once the lights went out the mob pushed forward like it was the end of the world. It does not feel good to have the force of hundreds of people pressing you into a railing. A girl to my left was getting hurt so bad she was crying her eyes out when finally we got a security guy to pull her out.

Anyways, the show was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure how some people say they could hear Maynard clearly because from where me and my friends were standing we could barely hear him at all. Although, it could have something to do with the fact that there was a speaker like right in our faces.

Highlights were definitely the drum battle between Danny and the drummer from TransAM (forget his name), Lateralus, Jambi, Stinkfist, Schism and Flood were fuckin amazing. I honestly didn't enjoy Wings/10K days that much because to me what makes those songs(or song) so great is mainly the vocals, and as I said we could barely even hear Maynard. I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.

Yes, I ended up buying two of the $43 shirts. That show was so fucking amazing that any physical memorabilia I oould get my hands on I was going to get.

A tip for anyone thinking about being in the very front on the floor: just get behind someone short in the 2nd row of people on the floor and let them suffer the pains of the railing... I'm seriously bruised right below my pecs from this show.... but the scars are well worth it.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

This was my second Tool show, first one being at The Gorge last year.

We got there about four hours early, there were only a dozen or so people waiting there before us. Holy shit was it cold, and the four hours seemed to take forever. But once that door opened we charged into the arena and got right in front and to our left a bit basically right in front of where Adam was.

TransAM was ok, not enough vocals and too much repetition in the music but they had some interesting moments. There was like a 30 minute break before Tool came on, and once the lights went out the mob pushed forward like it was the end of the world. It does not feel good to have the force of hundreds of people pressing you into a railing. A girl to my left was getting hurt so bad she was crying her eyes out when finally we got a security guy to pull her out.

Anyways, the show was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure how some people say they could hear Maynard clearly because from where me and my friends were standing we could barely hear him at all. Although, it could have something to do with the fact that there was a speaker like right in our faces.

Highlights were definitely the drum battle between Danny and the drummer from TransAM (forget his name), Lateralus, Jambi, Stinkfist, Schism and Flood were fuckin amazing. I honestly didn't enjoy Wings/10K days that much because to me what makes those songs(or song) so great is mainly the vocals, and as I said we could barely even hear Maynard. I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.

Yes, I ended up buying two of the $43 shirts. That show was so fucking amazing that any physical memorabilia I oould get my hands on I was going to get.

A tip for anyone thinking about being in the very front on the floor: just get behind someone short in the 2nd row of people on the floor and let them suffer the pains of the railing... I'm seriously bruised right below my pecs from this show.... but the scars are well worth it.
soreal
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM

Old 12-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
junior
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor View Post
I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.
The "douchebag" in question has done Adams guitars for over 6 years.
Guitar rigs occasionally have problems; that's one of the reasons he's there.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Re: Dec 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor View Post
I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
OFFLINE |  
tcM_Emperor
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
But it was, I could see who he was looking at and he was looking at the guy who was working on Adam's guitar. And if you were right in front of Adam like I was, you could see the gestures of pain on his face during part of Rosetta Stoned where the notes were pretty off. Then right after that song he handed the guitar to the guy...

Any way you slice it it was pretty obvious there were some problems. I'm not saying it hampered the show in any way, but it was sort of annoying how often that guy was coming on stage.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: Dec 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
But it was, I could see who he was looking at and he was looking at the guy who was working on Adam's guitar. And if you were right in front of Adam like I was, you could see the gestures of pain on his face during part of Rosetta Stoned where the notes were pretty off. Then right after that song he handed the guitar to the guy...

Any way you slice it it was pretty obvious there were some problems. I'm not saying it hampered the show in any way, but it was sort of annoying how often that guy was coming on stage.
mrhubof's Avatar mrhubof
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Great great great show.... I want Maynards shirt(of himself) and the orange Puscifer sweater that he was wearing. I checked the Puscifer site and it neither were on sale. Damn it.
This was my fifth time seeing these guys. They never dissapoint! The lasers were fucking amazing, felt like I was in a thunderstorm!
Makes me wonder if they are ever going to make a live DVD or finish the videos. Can't wait to see them again!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Great great great show.... I want Maynards shirt(of himself) and the orange Puscifer sweater that he was wearing. I checked the Puscifer site and it neither were on sale. Damn it.
This was my fifth time seeing these guys. They never dissapoint! The lasers were fucking amazing, felt like I was in a thunderstorm!
Makes me wonder if they are ever going to make a live DVD or finish the videos. Can't wait to see them again!
OFFLINE |  
pry3i
12-10-2007, 12:10 AM

Section 215, Nice view, Good visual show. Still not the 96 masquerade show... (can any live up to that ONE show?) Maybe Missoula will get rescheduled and we can give it another crack.

Always enjoy Rosetta... Thanks for Flood.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Section 215, Nice view, Good visual show. Still not the 96 masquerade show... (can any live up to that ONE show?) Maybe Missoula will get rescheduled and we can give it another crack.

Always enjoy Rosetta... Thanks for Flood.
OFFLINE |  
J. Foss
12-10-2007, 06:39 PM

I saw the Everett show on Tuesday and the Spokane show on Friday and I thought that the Spokane show was the better of the two. That was mainly because of the crowd, which was louder and more into it, although that may have just been the impression due to seating. I was in Sec. 106 ( Above the stage on Justin's side) so I had a great view of Danny working, but couldn't really see (or hear) Maynard very well. I took friends to both shows who had never seen Tool before and they were amazed. I loved it too, but I can't help comparing every show to the Paramount in Seattle last year. I want MORE! More songs, more volume, more bass drum blowing through my chest! But, like a fan I met at our hotel said, "It's a Tool show. It doesn't get better than that." I can't wait for Vegas on Friday. I hope they change up the setlist a little, but since I'm GA at the Pearl, it doesn't really matter.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

I saw the Everett show on Tuesday and the Spokane show on Friday and I thought that the Spokane show was the better of the two. That was mainly because of the crowd, which was louder and more into it, although that may have just been the impression due to seating. I was in Sec. 106 ( Above the stage on Justin's side) so I had a great view of Danny working, but couldn't really see (or hear) Maynard very well. I took friends to both shows who had never seen Tool before and they were amazed. I loved it too, but I can't help comparing every show to the Paramount in Seattle last year. I want MORE! More songs, more volume, more bass drum blowing through my chest! But, like a fan I met at our hotel said, "It's a Tool show. It doesn't get better than that." I can't wait for Vegas on Friday. I hope they change up the setlist a little, but since I'm GA at the Pearl, it doesn't really matter.
OFFLINE |  
Galebt
12-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fuzzy View Post
Jambi
Forty Six & Two
Rostetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

flood was before intermission not after!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fuzzy View Post
Jambi
Forty Six & Two
Rostetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

OFFLINE |  
JOHNBLAZE
12-11-2007, 11:26 AM

THANK YOU TOOL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!! THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!! I CANT COMPETE WITH SOREAL BUT AT LEAST I AM IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS NOW!! THIS WAS MY 10th SHOW AND I HOPE 4 AT LEAST ONE MORE BEFORE THEY STOP TOURING! ROSETTA WAS AMAZING AND THANKS 4 THE VIDEO SOREAL! GOT ANYMORE FROM SPOTUKEY!!! I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL SO INSPIRED TO DO POSITIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU TOOL!!!!

SPIRAL OUT

Last edited by JOHNBLAZE; 12-11-2007 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: YOU KNOW
Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

THANK YOU TOOL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!! THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!! I CANT COMPETE WITH SOREAL BUT AT LEAST I AM IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS NOW!! THIS WAS MY 10th SHOW AND I HOPE 4 AT LEAST ONE MORE BEFORE THEY STOP TOURING! ROSETTA WAS AMAZING AND THANKS 4 THE VIDEO SOREAL! GOT ANYMORE FROM SPOTUKEY!!! I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL SO INSPIRED TO DO POSITIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU TOOL!!!!

SPIRAL OUT

Last edited by JOHNBLAZE; 12-11-2007 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: YOU KNOW
OFFLINE |  
Big Fuzzy's Avatar Big Fuzzy
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galebt View Post
Thanks, It all just blended inside my brain. I should have edited my post more better. Also, like two days later I heard a raspy bootleg of the show and realized. Bad Big Fuzz.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galebt View Post
Thanks, It all just blended inside my brain. I should have edited my post more better. Also, like two days later I heard a raspy bootleg of the show and realized. Bad Big Fuzz.
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM

This was my 7th show on 12/07/07 my birthday, the last day of being 27. I was born around 7:25pm. (And now have a aleister crowley poster with my b-day on it). I saw the portland show the wed. before. My girlfriend and I were on the floor for both shows. And even though we were in row 14 on the floor in portland, I have to say the music seemed better for whatever reasons in spo-tucky. Flood, RS and most of the set sounded better to me. The energy was pretty mellow. Got to smoke during 46&2, which was nearly impossible from where we were sitting on the floor in portland. I met some dude named Steel from Toolarmy. He seemed to have the special vip pass, or at least to the skybox area. I didn't get the whole rundown from him and wondered who he actually was. Enjoyed the show and spokane for the night. We had dinner across the street and were there around 4. As my girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner for my b-day we watched the people line up in the freezing cold. Stinkfist OTRM and the jam during lateralus were better imo than portland. Jambi sounded a bit slower. And hey the changed the order of the last two songs, not bad.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28

This was my 7th show on 12/07/07 my birthday, the last day of being 27. I was born around 7:25pm. (And now have a aleister crowley poster with my b-day on it). I saw the portland show the wed. before. My girlfriend and I were on the floor for both shows. And even though we were in row 14 on the floor in portland, I have to say the music seemed better for whatever reasons in spo-tucky. Flood, RS and most of the set sounded better to me. The energy was pretty mellow. Got to smoke during 46&2, which was nearly impossible from where we were sitting on the floor in portland. I met some dude named Steel from Toolarmy. He seemed to have the special vip pass, or at least to the skybox area. I didn't get the whole rundown from him and wondered who he actually was. Enjoyed the show and spokane for the night. We had dinner across the street and were there around 4. As my girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner for my b-day we watched the people line up in the freezing cold. Stinkfist OTRM and the jam during lateralus were better imo than portland. Jambi sounded a bit slower. And hey the changed the order of the last two songs, not bad.
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM

And I appreciated the opposable thumb check to grabbing the ass. 'Let's ride' or what did MJK say right after he said this? After Jambi and into Stinkfist I think.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28

And I appreciated the opposable thumb check to grabbing the ass. 'Let's ride' or what did MJK say right after he said this? After Jambi and into Stinkfist I think.
12-14-2007, 06:57 AM

Spokane, WA, Dec 7th, 2007 "A date which will live in infamy."

Maynard got it right, in this average of average most american city (sampled demographically as such by large corporations) most of the people here are drunk bastards, accurately likened to midwesterners from Kentucky. HEE HAW!

Anyway, Spokane was blessed by the religious experince which was a large arena show performed by Tool. Fuck the drunk idiots who make up the largest portion of a Spotucky audience. Tool has obviously opened up their 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th level neuro-circuits as indicated by the Eight Circuits of Conciousness - as opposed to most of this average American Spokane audience which have not evolved past their own 2nd level emotional circuitry, evidenced by the territorial and emotional responses stimulated by consumption of alcoholic beverages.

The show itself was a good trip. Thanks be to Tool for being a visonary rock band.

Peace the fuck out.

Kevin Oliver
"Join N.O.R.M.L."
Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Spokane, WA, Dec 7th, 2007 "A date which will live in infamy."

Maynard got it right, in this average of average most american city (sampled demographically as such by large corporations) most of the people here are drunk bastards, accurately likened to midwesterners from Kentucky. HEE HAW!

Anyway, Spokane was blessed by the religious experince which was a large arena show performed by Tool. Fuck the drunk idiots who make up the largest portion of a Spotucky audience. Tool has obviously opened up their 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th level neuro-circuits as indicated by the Eight Circuits of Conciousness - as opposed to most of this average American Spokane audience which have not evolved past their own 2nd level emotional circuitry, evidenced by the territorial and emotional responses stimulated by consumption of alcoholic beverages.

The show itself was a good trip. Thanks be to Tool for being a visonary rock band.

Peace the fuck out.

Kevin Oliver
"Join N.O.R.M.L."
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply