Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
doraymi
07-02-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomisatool View Post
Aha, I'm sixteen and was raised on Tool.

My brothers loved them from 92 on, and I was born in 91 so my whole life was Tool.

(My first christmas present was a Tool shirt, mini sized)

That's great.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: Why does Maynard no longer speak to the fans?

Quote:

My brothers loved them from 92 on, and I was born in 91 so my whole life was Tool.

That's great.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-02-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:

I'm a Junior in highschool and I too was raised on Tool. I have been down with them since Aenima and my Dad has been "down since 91".
Old 07-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:

I'm a Junior in highschool and I too was raised on Tool. I have been down with them since Aenima and my Dad has been "down since 91".
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
Whatever, I JUST F#CKING LOVE TOOL!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Whatever, I JUST F#CKING LOVE TOOL!
theprosperone
07-04-2007, 12:09 AM

I'm not hating on him or Tool at all. I think they are all as genuine and into their music as they have always been. I think they just do what they want to do, have fun with it and continue to evolve and grow as people, musicians and a band. I think that Maynard is just taking a different approach now and hes more interested in letting the songs speak for themselves and himself in the scope of the whole band. If he was giving speeches and talking people through everything it would put him as the center of attention while really its just the music they want to be the center of attention.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I'm not hating on him or Tool at all. I think they are all as genuine and into their music as they have always been. I think they just do what they want to do, have fun with it and continue to evolve and grow as people, musicians and a band. I think that Maynard is just taking a different approach now and hes more interested in letting the songs speak for themselves and himself in the scope of the whole band. If he was giving speeches and talking people through everything it would put him as the center of attention while really its just the music they want to be the center of attention.
Cheesegreater
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone View Post
This is the best explanation I've seen posted. However, I would like to see him talk a little more. I think he will with this last tour, for some reason.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #45
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone View Post
This is the best explanation I've seen posted. However, I would like to see him talk a little more. I think he will with this last tour, for some reason.
bonch
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkz View Post
Give the guy a break. One of the few people he's ever loved died, and he has to pour his heart out in the form of a song over her death. That has to be a fucking emotional roller coaster ride, night after night, for the next few years. I couldn't do that. Few people probably can. We should be grateful that he's willing to sing to us, night after night, ever if it damn near kills him to do so.
His fault for putting out the song, his fault for performing it. Why is he the victim if he's the cause?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #46

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Give the guy a break. One of the few people he's ever loved died, and he has to pour his heart out in the form of a song over her death. That has to be a fucking emotional roller coaster ride, night after night, for the next few years. I couldn't do that. Few people probably can. We should be grateful that he's willing to sing to us, night after night, ever if it damn near kills him to do so.
His fault for putting out the song, his fault for performing it. Why is he the victim if he's the cause?
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-10-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch View Post
You think this is all Maynard's fault?? Christ....
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch View Post
You think this is all Maynard's fault?? Christ....
07-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
It is upsetting though that he views most of his fans the way he does.
what do you expect
there are a lot a morons out there jumping on the band wagon saying "yeah man TOOOOOOL! are so great and they changed my life in so many ways" cause they listened to 10,000 days got an erection and realized that all that fall out boy and Kaiser Chiefs they used to listen to does actually suck balls!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #48
TJP

Quote:
It is upsetting though that he views most of his fans the way he does.
what do you expect
there are a lot a morons out there jumping on the band wagon saying "yeah man TOOOOOOL! are so great and they changed my life in so many ways" cause they listened to 10,000 days got an erection and realized that all that fall out boy and Kaiser Chiefs they used to listen to does actually suck balls!
Cheesegreater
07-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP View Post
what do you expect
I agree with you here, but I don't mind those people "jumping on the band wagon" because at least they're finally learning to develop their taste in music. Some of the old Tool fans seem to not like the new ones for some reason or another. I don't see why old Tool fans can't appreciate the fact that Tool can still draw in new fans after all these years.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
what do you expect
I agree with you here, but I don't mind those people "jumping on the band wagon" because at least they're finally learning to develop their taste in music. Some of the old Tool fans seem to not like the new ones for some reason or another. I don't see why old Tool fans can't appreciate the fact that Tool can still draw in new fans after all these years.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Being one of the "new fans," old Tool fans would probably look down on me, saying I don't really like Tool but just hopped on the bandwagon.

False. Tool changed the way I look at music. They taught me to look deeper into music, into the lyrics, the patterns of notes, so on and so forth, to try to -understand- the music instead of just listen to it as is.

Someone posted earlier that Maynard is probably trying to just put more of the fans' focus on the songs, instead of worrying about whether or not he's going to say something funny and witty. I agree with this completely. He wants people to leave the concert and think of him in terms of how he just sang, instead of what he said in between songs.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Being one of the "new fans," old Tool fans would probably look down on me, saying I don't really like Tool but just hopped on the bandwagon.

False. Tool changed the way I look at music. They taught me to look deeper into music, into the lyrics, the patterns of notes, so on and so forth, to try to -understand- the music instead of just listen to it as is.

Someone posted earlier that Maynard is probably trying to just put more of the fans' focus on the songs, instead of worrying about whether or not he's going to say something funny and witty. I agree with this completely. He wants people to leave the concert and think of him in terms of how he just sang, instead of what he said in between songs.
07-16-2007, 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=dirkz;2054216]Being one of the "new fans," old Tool fans would probably look down on me, saying I don't really like Tool but just hopped on the bandwagon.

False. Tool changed the way I look at music. They taught me to look deeper into music, into the lyrics, the patterns of notes, so on and so forth, to try to -understand- the music instead of just listen to it as is. [QUOTE]

yeah but you obviously have a brain
im talking about those idiots that think its cool saying they understand when they really dont have a clue
Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #51
TJP

[QUOTE=dirkz;2054216]Being one of the "new fans," old Tool fans would probably look down on me, saying I don't really like Tool but just hopped on the bandwagon.

False. Tool changed the way I look at music. They taught me to look deeper into music, into the lyrics, the patterns of notes, so on and so forth, to try to -understand- the music instead of just listen to it as is. [QUOTE]

im talking about those idiots that think its cool saying they understand when they really dont have a clue
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
heh, thanks for that.

And for those idiots, when they say they understand Tool's music, it's fun to ask them to explain [insert Tool song here]. Try it sometime. ;)
Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
heh, thanks for that.

And for those idiots, when they say they understand Tool's music, it's fun to ask them to explain [insert Tool song here]. Try it sometime. ;)
07-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
heh, thanks for that.

I have a friend who borrows all my Tool Cd's and tried to convince me for about 2 hours that "Prison Sex" was about Prison Sex. I got upset pretty fast.

I don't have any problem with new Tool fans. The more the merrier. The problem is the people that like the band, but don't respect them.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
heh, thanks for that.

I have a friend who borrows all my Tool Cd's and tried to convince me for about 2 hours that "Prison Sex" was about Prison Sex. I got upset pretty fast.

I don't have any problem with new Tool fans. The more the merrier. The problem is the people that like the band, but don't respect them.
07-17-2007, 07:27 AM

Exactly, those kind of fans don't understand the deeper meaning, because there is so much lyrical bullshit out there these days. Tool is the only band I listen to that has deep, intricate lyrics. Most others songs just sing blatantly about the same old stuff.

And if I see a Tool fan who doesn't respect the band, be it by being an ass at a concert or something, I'm liable to freak out on him, as would (hopefully) all my fellow Tool fans around me.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Exactly, those kind of fans don't understand the deeper meaning, because there is so much lyrical bullshit out there these days. Tool is the only band I listen to that has deep, intricate lyrics. Most others songs just sing blatantly about the same old stuff.

And if I see a Tool fan who doesn't respect the band, be it by being an ass at a concert or something, I'm liable to freak out on him, as would (hopefully) all my fellow Tool fans around me.
07-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:

I hear what you're saying about Prison Sex. My step-father listened to Ticks and Leeches maybe just a few times and started saying, "You know what this song's about right? Suck me dry!" He said and laughed like it was sexual innuendo. I tried to tell him that it's not really about that, but there was no convincing him. Some people are just immature about Tool like that. They think of them as this shock-metal band or something, and everything they sing about has to be perverted and fucked up for them to like it.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I hear what you're saying about Prison Sex. My step-father listened to Ticks and Leeches maybe just a few times and started saying, "You know what this song's about right? Suck me dry!" He said and laughed like it was sexual innuendo. I tried to tell him that it's not really about that, but there was no convincing him. Some people are just immature about Tool like that. They think of them as this shock-metal band or something, and everything they sing about has to be perverted and fucked up for them to like it.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwaters987 View Post
Wow. You are so stupid.

I'm not even going to explain myself
By all means, go ahead...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Wow. You are so stupid.

I'm not even going to explain myself
07-18-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
This is a guy that think 12 oz. Mouse is a good show. Do you really want his explanation?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #57
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
This is a guy that think 12 oz. Mouse is a good show. Do you really want his explanation?
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Ahaha, +1 for that post.

I really do want to hear it. Nothing like someone trying to convince me that I'm stupid. I know I'm not stupid, so go ahead, give it to me straight.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Ahaha, +1 for that post.

I really do want to hear it. Nothing like someone trying to convince me that I'm stupid. I know I'm not stupid, so go ahead, give it to me straight.
07-18-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Ahaha, +1 for that post.

There are just way too many people like RogerWaters on this damn site. Guys like you, Dirkz, are the reason I come here. It always seems you run into some bitchy person ridden with insecurities on these forums.

Here's what 90% of these threads on this site end up being about: "Wow you're stupid!"

"No I'm not."

"Then prove it to me."

"Just because I don't see things like you do doesn't mean... yada yada."

"I can't talk to you! Come back after you learn to think and have read a little of (insert author)."

They're called the 'one-uppers'. You've seen the commercial. "Hey, do you like that salsa?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you've obviously never been Equador."
Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #59
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Ahaha, +1 for that post.

There are just way too many people like RogerWaters on this damn site. Guys like you, Dirkz, are the reason I come here. It always seems you run into some bitchy person ridden with insecurities on these forums.

Here's what 90% of these threads on this site end up being about: "Wow you're stupid!"

"No I'm not."

"Then prove it to me."

"Just because I don't see things like you do doesn't mean... yada yada."

"I can't talk to you! Come back after you learn to think and have read a little of (insert author)."

They're called the 'one-uppers'. You've seen the commercial. "Hey, do you like that salsa?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you've obviously never been Equador."
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Well thanks for that, Cheesegreater, I'm glad I can make this forum that much better.

But seriously, rogerwaters987, tell me why I'm stupid. I want to know. What was wrong with my post? You just call me stupid and leave it at that? Back up your statement with some substance, or don't try and insult me in the first place.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Well thanks for that, Cheesegreater, I'm glad I can make this forum that much better.

But seriously, rogerwaters987, tell me why I'm stupid. I want to know. What was wrong with my post? You just call me stupid and leave it at that? Back up your statement with some substance, or don't try and insult me in the first place.
07-18-2007, 06:55 PM

i dont see why older tool fans get so bitter about new tool fans. theres always going to be people who really appreciate the music, and the guys who know the bigger hits and go to the concerts and act like dumbasses, sure. im sure it was like that back in the day with guys at concerts screaming for sober but not knowing that much about the rest of their music, just like now at concerts you see that drunk douchebag trying to mosh during the heavy songs and making an ass of himself during the slow songs.
my point is, you dont win points for liking tool for ten years, acting like you "understand" what theyre about then bitching at younger fans for not understanding what tool is all about. its not like tool comes out and enlightens you for being an ass about their music, or for being an OG. theyre a band that is constantly attracting new fans, whether they be the fully devoted toolhead or the casual radio listener. if you feel like tool has enriched your existence somehow, congratulations, you really havent accomplished anything so stop acting like youre somehow smarter than people who are new to tool.
and no, im not a new tool fan, i just get sick of seeing the guys bitch about how tool was so different back in 94 and the younger fans just dont get it.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #61

i dont see why older tool fans get so bitter about new tool fans. theres always going to be people who really appreciate the music, and the guys who know the bigger hits and go to the concerts and act like dumbasses, sure. im sure it was like that back in the day with guys at concerts screaming for sober but not knowing that much about the rest of their music, just like now at concerts you see that drunk douchebag trying to mosh during the heavy songs and making an ass of himself during the slow songs.
my point is, you dont win points for liking tool for ten years, acting like you "understand" what theyre about then bitching at younger fans for not understanding what tool is all about. its not like tool comes out and enlightens you for being an ass about their music, or for being an OG. theyre a band that is constantly attracting new fans, whether they be the fully devoted toolhead or the casual radio listener. if you feel like tool has enriched your existence somehow, congratulations, you really havent accomplished anything so stop acting like youre somehow smarter than people who are new to tool.
and no, im not a new tool fan, i just get sick of seeing the guys bitch about how tool was so different back in 94 and the younger fans just dont get it.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Thanks, at least now I know why I angered you.

I never said he was a bad frontman. He's the best that I know of. I'm sorry that I led you in the wrong direction with my post.

So I'm a fanboy for *not* dissing Tool? That's fucked up. I'd resent it if I didn't know it was wrong. But like you said, we won't see eye to eye, so it's cool.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Thanks, at least now I know why I angered you.

I never said he was a bad frontman. He's the best that I know of. I'm sorry that I led you in the wrong direction with my post.

So I'm a fanboy for *not* dissing Tool? That's fucked up. I'd resent it if I didn't know it was wrong. But like you said, we won't see eye to eye, so it's cool.
07-19-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't care if they use the same setlist, they're filling every venue every night. Are you saying that every single person at every show is a fanboy?

I'm not even going to talk about supposed "half-assed themes." I'll leave it at I disagree.

The videos are in the works, Adam Jones has said that on multiple occasions. Just like the albums, they take longer to ensure that they are good. I'll take the long wait if it means the material will be better.

When you say Tool has failed to deliver itself, that's your opinion. I don't agree, it's an opinion question, so stop telling me I'm wrong. As much as I enjoy debate, you telling me I'm wrong on an opinion forum won't achieve much.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't care if they use the same setlist, they're filling every venue every night. Are you saying that every single person at every show is a fanboy?

I'm not even going to talk about supposed "half-assed themes." I'll leave it at I disagree.

The videos are in the works, Adam Jones has said that on multiple occasions. Just like the albums, they take longer to ensure that they are good. I'll take the long wait if it means the material will be better.

When you say Tool has failed to deliver itself, that's your opinion. I don't agree, it's an opinion question, so stop telling me I'm wrong. As much as I enjoy debate, you telling me I'm wrong on an opinion forum won't achieve much.
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM

one of my favorites was when he talked about elvis and morrissey having an ass baby. i forget who the baby was, been a while since i heard it.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #64
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

one of my favorites was when he talked about elvis and morrissey having an ass baby. i forget who the baby was, been a while since i heard it.
insaner's Avatar insaner
07-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You are a fan boy for not seeing how Tool have ripped you off by repeating the same setlist for over a year and a half, using half assed themes in his new album, and as of yet STILL not released a video. Or the live video that was supposed to be released how many years ago?

If you want me to explain it in Tool form, it's like the APC song Judith (not Tool, but pretty much the same thing). Why continue to believe in something that fails to deliver itself? I guess our concepts of hard working musicians and entertainers are different.

roger waters does the same set every night.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #65
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
You are a fan boy for not seeing how Tool have ripped you off by repeating the same setlist for over a year and a half, using half assed themes in his new album, and as of yet STILL not released a video. Or the live video that was supposed to be released how many years ago?

If you want me to explain it in Tool form, it's like the APC song Judith (not Tool, but pretty much the same thing). Why continue to believe in something that fails to deliver itself? I guess our concepts of hard working musicians and entertainers are different.

dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
hahahahahahaha

That totally just made my night.

+1
Old 07-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
hahahahahahaha

That totally just made my night.

+1
07-20-2007, 08:18 AM

I gave up talking to Rogerwaters a while back. See, I think this site is designed for the fans for some crazy reason. But there's another breed of people here. They're called "forum-goers". They're only here because this is a forum. They never really discuss Tool lyrics or anything, and they bullshit with people on pointless threads.

I've met a lot of people who fit this criteria. I've met quite a few folks here that are about the most smug people I have ever had the honor of meeting. I know you guys know plenty of people like this. You can just see them sitting back in their computer chair with their arms crossed laughing about how smart they are compared to everyone else they talk to on the planet. If they find it hard to breathe they should consider pulling their head out of their ass.

You would think this is a Tool-fan site, but on the contrary, there seems to be just as many haters here. It seems the only reason they come on here is to piss in people's Wheaties.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

I gave up talking to Rogerwaters a while back. See, I think this site is designed for the fans for some crazy reason. But there's another breed of people here. They're called "forum-goers". They're only here because this is a forum. They never really discuss Tool lyrics or anything, and they bullshit with people on pointless threads.

I've met a lot of people who fit this criteria. I've met quite a few folks here that are about the most smug people I have ever had the honor of meeting. I know you guys know plenty of people like this. You can just see them sitting back in their computer chair with their arms crossed laughing about how smart they are compared to everyone else they talk to on the planet. If they find it hard to breathe they should consider pulling their head out of their ass.

You would think this is a Tool-fan site, but on the contrary, there seems to be just as many haters here. It seems the only reason they come on here is to piss in people's Wheaties.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Will do, good sir.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Will do, good sir.
07-20-2007, 02:19 PM

I think Maynard is just getting tired of being emotional. Maybe that's the reason he doesn't speak too much anymore. If you read what he's planning on doing with Puscifer, you can tell that he's going tongue and cheek with his next project, or at least that's what he's leading interviewers to believe. I'm pretty lukewarm about Puscifer. If the lyrics change up too much, I think he'll look like a hypocrite compared to his other material. Hard to explain, but compare Puscifer's Undertaker to Wings 1 and 2, and you may see what I mean.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous

I think Maynard is just getting tired of being emotional. Maybe that's the reason he doesn't speak too much anymore. If you read what he's planning on doing with Puscifer, you can tell that he's going tongue and cheek with his next project, or at least that's what he's leading interviewers to believe. I'm pretty lukewarm about Puscifer. If the lyrics change up too much, I think he'll look like a hypocrite compared to his other material. Hard to explain, but compare Puscifer's Undertaker to Wings 1 and 2, and you may see what I mean.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM

I've never listened to Puscifer, despite my apparent fanboy-ism with Maynard. ;)

What is he planning on doing with Puscifer? I haven't read any interviews that talk about it at all.

No doubt he's getting tired of being emotional. He isn't the youthful energetic Maynard any more, but I guess that's inevitable.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

I've never listened to Puscifer, despite my apparent fanboy-ism with Maynard. ;)

What is he planning on doing with Puscifer? I haven't read any interviews that talk about it at all.

No doubt he's getting tired of being emotional. He isn't the youthful energetic Maynard any more, but I guess that's inevitable.
07-21-2007, 07:17 AM

I Too am lukewarm with Puscifer...As the live shows go, I was happy with both I had a chance to see this tour. Shit Man Maynard doesnt owe me anything . I just like hearing the music.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I Too am lukewarm with Puscifer...As the live shows go, I was happy with both I had a chance to see this tour. Shit Man Maynard doesnt owe me anything . I just like hearing the music.
07-21-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
Shit Man Maynard doesnt owe me anything . I just like hearing the music.
Hell yes.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
Shit Man Maynard doesnt owe me anything . I just like hearing the music.
Hell yes.
07-21-2007, 11:07 AM

Dirkz, there's a thread with two Puscifer interviews in the 10k Days section. Can't miss it. Also, look up the Puscifer website and listen to The Undertaker. I'll put some of the lyrics down here for you digest. Remember to compare them to his latest work (Wings 1 and 2) to see the possible hypocrisy I speak of.

"Christ is coming, and so am I.
And he would murder his own mother
To ride to hell between those thighs
She'll suck you dry."

"If I have to sin to see her again
Well, I'm gonna lie and lie and lie"

Those are just some snip-its that I can remember. The whole song has a hell theme with Jesus fucking some whore or something to that effect. Of course, I'm probably cheapening the lyrics, but still.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #73
Level 8 - Vociferous

Dirkz, there's a thread with two Puscifer interviews in the 10k Days section. Can't miss it. Also, look up the Puscifer website and listen to The Undertaker. I'll put some of the lyrics down here for you digest. Remember to compare them to his latest work (Wings 1 and 2) to see the possible hypocrisy I speak of.

"Christ is coming, and so am I.
And he would murder his own mother
To ride to hell between those thighs
She'll suck you dry."

"If I have to sin to see her again
Well, I'm gonna lie and lie and lie"

Those are just some snip-its that I can remember. The whole song has a hell theme with Jesus fucking some whore or something to that effect. Of course, I'm probably cheapening the lyrics, but still.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM

A couple good interviews there, sure helped me out.

You're right about the hypocrisy, Cheese, but I want to point out one small thing. MJK basically said that these songs don't have the emotional attachment of Tool and APC songs. So maybe the lyrics aren't meant to be taken as seriously as Tool fans usually take lyrics. Just a thought.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #74
Level 7 - Loquacious

You're right about the hypocrisy, Cheese, but I want to point out one small thing. MJK basically said that these songs don't have the emotional attachment of Tool and APC songs. So maybe the lyrics aren't meant to be taken as seriously as Tool fans usually take lyrics. Just a thought.
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I feel that it's good ol' cynical fun.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #75
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Agreed. I feel that it's good ol' cynical fun.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Mmmm....cynicism......
Old 07-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

Mmmm....cynicism......
07-25-2007, 06:45 AM

I always traced it back to 9/11. Even during the first stages of the Lateralus tour he was fairly talkative. Then when I saw them a week later it was as if a switch went off in him. He's been a much more somber person on stage ever since. Just my observation.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #77
Level 3 - Talker

I always traced it back to 9/11. Even during the first stages of the Lateralus tour he was fairly talkative. Then when I saw them a week later it was as if a switch went off in him. He's been a much more somber person on stage ever since. Just my observation.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Hmm, never thought of that, good point.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #78
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hmm, never thought of that, good point.
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahz View Post
This makes a lot of sense actually. Who knows what made it happen, but I still love the guy even if all he tells us is to go fuck ourselves. :)
Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #79
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahz View Post
This makes a lot of sense actually. Who knows what made it happen, but I still love the guy even if all he tells us is to go fuck ourselves. :)
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM

He's not blabbing on between songs because there's nothing left to say that hasn't been said already. There's a reason why 10,000 Days is Tool's "blues album".

And as for 9/11, it's a possibility, but if THAT'S valid then so is his mother's death in 2003. Wouldn't explain the Lateralus tour though.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 07-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #80
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

He's not blabbing on between songs because there's nothing left to say that hasn't been said already. There's a reason why 10,000 Days is Tool's "blues album".

And as for 9/11, it's a possibility, but if THAT'S valid then so is his mother's death in 2003. Wouldn't explain the Lateralus tour though.

DTA = don't trust anyone

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply