Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM

My votes are on yes for Best Metal Performance or something. They'll probably lose to some new shitty band or something though.

Last edited by Metalgod666; 11-13-2006 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: correctness
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Tool Nominated for 2 Grammy Awards (WON Best Recording Package)

My votes are on yes for Best Metal Performance or something. They'll probably lose to some new shitty band or something though.

Last edited by Metalgod666; 11-13-2006 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: correctness
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Confield's Avatar Confield
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM

They'll probably win for Vicarious, just because with the kids it's a cool thing to like and respect Tool, whether you really know much about their work, because they're a "dark" and "creepy" band and whatnot, which is what they're attracted to. Besides, if you just think like a typical radio listener for a second you might think Vicarious is the best song of the year, because it's a good song and it was written by that "dark, legendary" group to boot, just like with Schism in 01 and Aenema in 97. I think they're a shoo-in. They'll probably also get Best Packaging again. Of course Song of the Year will be "Looking through the Glass" so getting a grammy for best metal performance is once again almost an insult.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 35
Re: Will Tool be nominated for any Grammys this year?

They'll probably win for Vicarious, just because with the kids it's a cool thing to like and respect Tool, whether you really know much about their work, because they're a "dark" and "creepy" band and whatnot, which is what they're attracted to. Besides, if you just think like a typical radio listener for a second you might think Vicarious is the best song of the year, because it's a good song and it was written by that "dark, legendary" group to boot, just like with Schism in 01 and Aenema in 97. I think they're a shoo-in. They'll probably also get Best Packaging again. Of course Song of the Year will be "Looking through the Glass" so getting a grammy for best metal performance is once again almost an insult.
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
11-13-2006, 07:04 PM

I bet they'll win something at the MTV video music awards... something under the "Best Video That Still Isn't Released" category
Old 11-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

I bet they'll win something at the MTV video music awards... something under the "Best Video That Still Isn't Released" category
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Grammy definitely. Though I'm not sure for which one....The Pot has climbed nicely on the charts. Though not as high as Vicarious, but there's still time.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Grammy definitely. Though I'm not sure for which one....The Pot has climbed nicely on the charts. Though not as high as Vicarious, but there's still time.
11-14-2006, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance. View Post
hah!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
hah!
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
11-14-2006, 11:05 AM

hope for a grammy. if they don't get one, well...
Old 11-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

hope for a grammy. if they don't get one, well...
R.F.'s Avatar R.F.
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM

My feeling is "Yes," but only about 80% possibility. Most non-mainstream bands, like TOOL, usually are left behind. I bet someone like A7X or Stone Sour may get nominated and win.

-R.F.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

My feeling is "Yes," but only about 80% possibility. Most non-mainstream bands, like TOOL, usually are left behind. I bet someone like A7X or Stone Sour may get nominated and win.

-R.F.
Confield's Avatar Confield
11-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post

-R.F.
Tool won a few grammies already, and they are very mainstream, meaning they are very well-known and liked by the masses.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #8
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post

-R.F.
Tool won a few grammies already, and they are very mainstream, meaning they are very well-known and liked by the masses.
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
11-15-2006, 04:36 AM

Quote:
LOL
Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #9
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
LOL
11-15-2006, 10:22 AM

If Schism won a grammy, then so can Vicarious...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

11-15-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
I'm still waiting for the video.. if there will be any...I hate them !
Old 11-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the video.. if there will be any...I hate them !
11-15-2006, 12:31 PM

They'll definitely win a grammy for the CD packaging. If they don't then thats just fucked up. As for music, I dont know if they will be overlooked or not. Lets not forget they did fucking thank satan in front of thousands of people last time around. I think they deserve a grammy especially after i hear some of the contemporary crap that is out there now. But whether or not the organization goes through with it is to be determined. Again, remember what happened with the Academy Awards, that woman got nominated for like 50 seconds on screen, many critics saw this as proof that award shows like these are mere popularity contests.

Last edited by justfar1086; 11-15-2006 at 12:50 PM..
Old 11-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 61

They'll definitely win a grammy for the CD packaging. If they don't then thats just fucked up. As for music, I dont know if they will be overlooked or not. Lets not forget they did fucking thank satan in front of thousands of people last time around. I think they deserve a grammy especially after i hear some of the contemporary crap that is out there now. But whether or not the organization goes through with it is to be determined. Again, remember what happened with the Academy Awards, that woman got nominated for like 50 seconds on screen, many critics saw this as proof that award shows like these are mere popularity contests.

Last edited by justfar1086; 11-15-2006 at 12:50 PM..
jonboy's Avatar jonboy
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM

They should thank jesus this time.That would just confuse everyone.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 129

They should thank jesus this time.That would just confuse everyone.
Omar Rodriguez-Mopez's Avatar Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM

Tool have won Grammys for each album since Undertow. If anything they'll win more this time considering they are more mainstream-friendly.

"JESUS CHRIST, this suit is hot!" -- Maynard
Old 11-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5127

Tool have won Grammys for each album since Undertow. If anything they'll win more this time considering they are more mainstream-friendly.

"JESUS CHRIST, this suit is hot!" -- Maynard
justfar1086
11-16-2006, 08:39 PM

Actually though, i think Wings for Marie/ 10,000 days is much more deserving of a grammy then Vicarious. but i know they like to put tool in the best metal category, WFM/10K Days isnt exactly metal
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Actually though, i think Wings for Marie/ 10,000 days is much more deserving of a grammy then Vicarious. but i know they like to put tool in the best metal category, WFM/10K Days isnt exactly metal
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM

I think Tool in general isn't exactly metal.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #16
Level 11 - Clamorous

11-17-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
but thats how the grammy company groups them, i cant believe they havent won best rock album yet
Old 11-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
but thats how the grammy company groups them, i cant believe they havent won best rock album yet
11-18-2006, 01:00 AM

Yeah, I know. But it's weird to say that the whole Wings thing isn't metal when...Tool isn't really metal. I think that Wings is metal enough to be considered for a metal award. I mean if Schism was, then Wings would be, eh?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:00 AM   #18
Level 11 - Clamorous

Yeah, I know. But it's weird to say that the whole Wings thing isn't metal when...Tool isn't really metal. I think that Wings is metal enough to be considered for a metal award. I mean if Schism was, then Wings would be, eh?
11-18-2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
alternative art/progressive with a touch of metal, i would say

Last edited by mr. nikki jensen; 11-18-2006 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: alternative
Old 11-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #19
Banned.

Quote:

Last edited by mr. nikki jensen; 11-18-2006 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: alternative
joeburo
11-19-2006, 05:58 AM

quintesential alt-metal, though with this album, they've drifted more into the prog-metal category than ever before.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:58 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

quintesential alt-metal, though with this album, they've drifted more into the prog-metal category than ever before.
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
11-19-2006, 11:20 AM

I'm curious if the song has to be a single/hit for it to be considered for a Grammy. I've never been educated in how the process works, but I know that the Deftones won in 2000 for "Elite" which wasn't a single off of White Pony, but only Tool's singles have been winners - Aenema and Schism. I mean, if I was going to give a Grammy to Tool for anying off of those two records it wouldn't have been those songs.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

I'm curious if the song has to be a single/hit for it to be considered for a Grammy. I've never been educated in how the process works, but I know that the Deftones won in 2000 for "Elite" which wasn't a single off of White Pony, but only Tool's singles have been winners - Aenema and Schism. I mean, if I was going to give a Grammy to Tool for anying off of those two records it wouldn't have been those songs.
11-19-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't know about you, but anyone I try to discuss Tool with (who obviously must first point out that they are a Tool fan) is only familiar with Schism, Aenema, Stinkfist, and Sober, or as they sometimes tend to name them, "The Pieces Fit", "Fuck You", "Nothing Seems to Satisfy", and "Why Can't We Not Be Sober", respectively. Those songs are huge because they strike a chord in people who aren't really paying attention at first, usually because they have odd lyrics or a catchy riff. 46 and 2 is familiar to people when I sing a part of it or play the bass line, and it's the same with H. and Prison but not as much, while Parabola just doesn't get any love, and what's sad about it is that most of these people own at least 2 Tool albums. People dig the "creepy videos" (creepy?), enigmatic image, and angsty hits. Tool are radically popular but for all the wrong reasons.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
On Probation

Quote:
I don't know about you, but anyone I try to discuss Tool with (who obviously must first point out that they are a Tool fan) is only familiar with Schism, Aenema, Stinkfist, and Sober, or as they sometimes tend to name them, "The Pieces Fit", "Fuck You", "Nothing Seems to Satisfy", and "Why Can't We Not Be Sober", respectively. Those songs are huge because they strike a chord in people who aren't really paying attention at first, usually because they have odd lyrics or a catchy riff. 46 and 2 is familiar to people when I sing a part of it or play the bass line, and it's the same with H. and Prison but not as much, while Parabola just doesn't get any love, and what's sad about it is that most of these people own at least 2 Tool albums. People dig the "creepy videos" (creepy?), enigmatic image, and angsty hits. Tool are radically popular but for all the wrong reasons.
justfar1086
11-19-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Ive wondered that too about Elite, deftones never really released that song, i dont know man, is best metal performance even televised?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Ive wondered that too about Elite, deftones never really released that song, i dont know man, is best metal performance even televised?
11-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. nikki jensen est 1986 View Post
Stoner rock had sex with progressive metal in the future and sent their child back to grow up in the 1990s under the name "Tool," I would say.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #24
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. nikki jensen est 1986 View Post
Stoner rock had sex with progressive metal in the future and sent their child back to grow up in the 1990s under the name "Tool," I would say.
11-19-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfar1086 View Post
Nope. When rappers bitch about not being televised, the media is all over it and the Grammys give in. Metal and Hard Rock are always handed out before. Don't get me wrong, I own a lot of rap albums, but it's messed up they televise a lot of rap, hip-hop, and R&B awards when they don't show metal or hard rock any TV love. In a perfect world Vicarious wins Best Metal and The Pot takes Best Hard Rock

Tool seems to be thrown in the metal category rather than Hard Rock (the category the more mainstream bands get).
Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfar1086 View Post
Nope. When rappers bitch about not being televised, the media is all over it and the Grammys give in. Metal and Hard Rock are always handed out before. Don't get me wrong, I own a lot of rap albums, but it's messed up they televise a lot of rap, hip-hop, and R&B awards when they don't show metal or hard rock any TV love. In a perfect world Vicarious wins Best Metal and The Pot takes Best Hard Rock

Tool seems to be thrown in the metal category rather than Hard Rock (the category the more mainstream bands get).
martyrinexile86
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Who cares if they do or not really? I'm sure they don't.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

Who cares if they do or not really? I'm sure they don't.
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
So something like a combination of the plots of Junior and The Terminator? I knew there was a reason Arnold was a governor.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #27
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1725

Quote:
So something like a combination of the plots of Junior and The Terminator? I knew there was a reason Arnold was a governor.
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
11-23-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
well put
Old 11-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

Quote:
well put
11-23-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Shaggy View Post
More like Total Recall and The Terminator. Because we all know that the only movies that we can consider are Arnold movies, because they kick ass.

(Seriously, Total Recall is the shit, I love Verhoeven)
Old 11-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Shaggy View Post
More like Total Recall and The Terminator. Because we all know that the only movies that we can consider are Arnold movies, because they kick ass.

(Seriously, Total Recall is the shit, I love Verhoeven)
11-24-2006, 12:41 PM

if tool decide to make intension their 3rd single. it will win an award.

i can feel it...
Old 11-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #30
Banned.

if tool decide to make intension their 3rd single. it will win an award.

i can feel it...
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
11-25-2006, 10:36 PM

nah the third single (if they have one) will probably be Jambi
Old 11-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

11-26-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
yea, it sounds like whats happened, or will happen.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 AM   #32
Banned.

Quote:
yea, it sounds like whats happened, or will happen.
11-26-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgod666 View Post
intension is more radiofriendly than jambi IMO
Old 11-26-2006, 06:24 AM   #33
Banned.

Quote:
intension is more radiofriendly than jambi IMO
SpiralReflection
11-29-2006, 10:13 PM

FWIW, Sirius Satellite Radio has played 3 songs from XMDays since the day it was released: Vicarious, The Pot, and Jambi. Intension is a little too left field for radio IMHO
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

FWIW, Sirius Satellite Radio has played 3 songs from XMDays since the day it was released: Vicarious, The Pot, and Jambi. Intension is a little too left field for radio IMHO
swaps's Avatar swaps
12-07-2006, 09:47 AM

Best Hard Rock Performance - Vicarious
Best Recording Package - 10,000 Days

Nominee list

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #35
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37

Nominee list

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
Nikolechic
12-07-2006, 10:39 AM

Well, I am quite surprised to see that they were nominated for "Best Hard Rock Performance (Single)"... I guess it's a more fitting cat since the Metal cat's hosting bands like Mastadon, Ministry & Slayer... So, they're Progressive. I'll take it! Nonetheless, Vicarious will so whomp "Crazy Bitch"!!!! Congrats to Adam on scoring the nomination on the Pkging/Art. I loved the stereoscopic glasses & the overall design; pretty damn creative (as USUAL, coming from Adam... cutting edge artsy). Tschuss!! Nik
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, I am quite surprised to see that they were nominated for "Best Hard Rock Performance (Single)"... I guess it's a more fitting cat since the Metal cat's hosting bands like Mastadon, Ministry & Slayer... So, they're Progressive. I'll take it! Nonetheless, Vicarious will so whomp "Crazy Bitch"!!!! Congrats to Adam on scoring the nomination on the Pkging/Art. I loved the stereoscopic glasses & the overall design; pretty damn creative (as USUAL, coming from Adam... cutting edge artsy). Tschuss!! Nik
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
losing is winning, imo.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #37
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
losing is winning, imo.
awaking's Avatar awaking
12-07-2006, 11:29 AM

wow i never thought id be nominated for a grammy..

nice
Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

wow i never thought id be nominated for a grammy..

nice
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps View Post

Nominee list
That list is very offensive. Vicarious gets a nomination but not Jambi, Wings For Marie or 10,000 Days? Don't get me wrong Vicarious is a very good song but shit it's probably one of the last songs off that CD I'd nominate.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #39
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps View Post

Nominee list
That list is very offensive. Vicarious gets a nomination but not Jambi, Wings For Marie or 10,000 Days? Don't get me wrong Vicarious is a very good song but shit it's probably one of the last songs off that CD I'd nominate.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
base metal's Avatar base metal
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM

It's nice to see that they've been nominated for Vicarious, but I don't think Tool needs a grammy to prove anything. These award shows are kinda silly if you ask me. Everyone is just waiting to hear their favorite artist's name so they can clap and cheer, but rarely is anyone "turned on to something new or different" because of an award show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confield View Post
These were my exact thoughts when I saw Tool over the summer, Confield. The place was beyond sold out, but as you mention; Schism, Aenima, Stinkfist and Sober were the only songs that got a big reaction out of the crowd while so many people stood lifeless and baffled during songs like Jambi and Rosetta Stoned. I lost faith in so many "Tool fans" that evening......I know there are those of us who look deeper into the music, but you are exactly right about Tool being radically popular for all the wrong reasons.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #40
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

It's nice to see that they've been nominated for Vicarious, but I don't think Tool needs a grammy to prove anything. These award shows are kinda silly if you ask me. Everyone is just waiting to hear their favorite artist's name so they can clap and cheer, but rarely is anyone "turned on to something new or different" because of an award show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confield View Post
These were my exact thoughts when I saw Tool over the summer, Confield. The place was beyond sold out, but as you mention; Schism, Aenima, Stinkfist and Sober were the only songs that got a big reaction out of the crowd while so many people stood lifeless and baffled during songs like Jambi and Rosetta Stoned. I lost faith in so many "Tool fans" that evening......I know there are those of us who look deeper into the music, but you are exactly right about Tool being radically popular for all the wrong reasons.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply