User Name
Password
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjuxie
nice math there.
ROFL

Methinks Devi didn't think that through, or the "Justin's been a friend to the band for 26 years" comment he made either :D
Old 05-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #161
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Re: puzzle?

Quote:
nice math there.
ROFL

Methinks Devi didn't think that through, or the "Justin's been a friend to the band for 26 years" comment he made either :D
05-09-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviever
Here's a thought too.

When did TOOL form?

1990?

1990-2007 = 27 years = 10,000 days

Might be the end of the band, or so to Justin.

devi-

yeah cause that's so 17 not 27
Old 05-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #162
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Here's a thought too.

When did TOOL form?

1990?

1990-2007 = 27 years = 10,000 days

Might be the end of the band, or so to Justin.

devi-

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Sodemizer's Avatar Sodemizer
05-09-2006, 05:15 PM

Oh I see it now. OHH dur it's not that hard to solve once u figure out what the puzzle is Pfffff HAhahhaha Ok Ok I digress

The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross
Stanislav Szukaslsi's Struggle
Alex Grey
Orchids
Magpies
Adam then Maynard then Justin then danny
Skull with massive ten-head
Mohawks
Suits
The Band is becoming businessmen
1990 to 2007 = 27 years Wow! Your embarrassed huh Dildo?
Fetal Brain Syndrome
Woman in the mirror with the broken yoke ass
Whats the easiest way to blind a TOOL fan
Old 05-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #163
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Oh I see it now. OHH dur it's not that hard to solve once u figure out what the puzzle is Pfffff HAhahhaha Ok Ok I digress

The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross
Stanislav Szukaslsi's Struggle
Alex Grey
Orchids
Magpies
Adam then Maynard then Justin then danny
Skull with massive ten-head
Mohawks
Suits
The Band is becoming businessmen
1990 to 2007 = 27 years Wow! Your embarrassed huh Dildo?
Fetal Brain Syndrome
Woman in the mirror with the broken yoke ass
Whats the easiest way to blind a TOOL fan
apathetic goat's Avatar apathetic goat
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM

Reflection is 11:07.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #164
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Reflection is 11:07.
question93
05-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xul
i was thinking each member was a certain person,.. aleister crowley, anton lavey, adam seems to be an alchemist too though
LeVay was an idiot and sullied Crowley's name and work.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #165
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xul
i was thinking each member was a certain person,.. aleister crowley, anton lavey, adam seems to be an alchemist too though
LeVay was an idiot and sullied Crowley's name and work.
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus0
BMB replying to an email:
" If I remember correctly, the books include Danny's first edition of Crowley's "THE BOOK OF THOTH" (1944)..."
He's got a Thoth deck on his table.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus0
BMB replying to an email:
" If I remember correctly, the books include Danny's first edition of Crowley's "THE BOOK OF THOTH" (1944)..."
He's got a Thoth deck on his table.
05-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
the second picture behind danny is "The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross symbol"..

im 99.9% sure its the symbol on danny's deck of cards.

http://www.kheper.net/topics/Hermeticism/index.html
There is a Qabalistic Tree of Life along with it. He also has a dagger and a Thoth tarot deck on his table.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #167

Quote:
the second picture behind danny is "The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross symbol"..

im 99.9% sure its the symbol on danny's deck of cards.

http://www.kheper.net/topics/Hermeticism/index.html
There is a Qabalistic Tree of Life along with it. He also has a dagger and a Thoth tarot deck on his table.
05-09-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi9
I personally think the most important things to consider are the numbers 2 and 11. There's all sorts of references to 2 coming together, and then not just that the time and track numbers are 11, but the last real song, right in two, is entirely in 11/8. So there you have 2 and 11 joined. I have no clue what that means, though.
11=1+1=2

11 is also the number of Nuit

There's lots of silly things that can be done with the numbers.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi9
I personally think the most important things to consider are the numbers 2 and 11. There's all sorts of references to 2 coming together, and then not just that the time and track numbers are 11, but the last real song, right in two, is entirely in 11/8. So there you have 2 and 11 joined. I have no clue what that means, though.
11=1+1=2

11 is also the number of Nuit

There's lots of silly things that can be done with the numbers.
05-09-2006, 06:19 PM

my friends and i thought maybe it had to do w/ the steroscopic lenses so we used to cds and two seperate pictures and tried to merge them...we really only tried it w/ danny and adam but danny and adams pictures overlap and its kinda cool. they also have alot of similar object placement. Adams lights and and dannys artwork..danny goes were the skeleton is in adams picture..I dunno but it seemed like using the steroscopic imagary would be a good way to make a puzzle..any ideas?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #169
Level 2 - Poster

my friends and i thought maybe it had to do w/ the steroscopic lenses so we used to cds and two seperate pictures and tried to merge them...we really only tried it w/ danny and adam but danny and adams pictures overlap and its kinda cool. they also have alot of similar object placement. Adams lights and and dannys artwork..danny goes were the skeleton is in adams picture..I dunno but it seemed like using the steroscopic imagary would be a good way to make a puzzle..any ideas?
XReflectionXTriad
05-09-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadesoulx
It is kind of creepy the way they overlap it almost looks like they are aware of each others presence in the picture.. They do look like they are supposed to be sitting beside each other..but I don't know if it is significant but it is cool all the same :-)
Old 05-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #170
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
It is kind of creepy the way they overlap it almost looks like they are aware of each others presence in the picture.. They do look like they are supposed to be sitting beside each other..but I don't know if it is significant but it is cool all the same :-)
Dr. Apendecto
05-09-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Try to overlap two differetn pictures. One original and a different one where the second picture would be. What's that look like?

Yo.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #171
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Yeah. Try to overlap two differetn pictures. One original and a different one where the second picture would be. What's that look like?

Yo.
deviever
05-09-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.bender1
I was tired... :'(

Will edit...

devi-
Old 05-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #172
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I was tired... :'(

Will edit...

devi-
deviever
05-09-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrumthegnome
for those who would like to comment on this thought, please view my thread entitled "how does this sound?" :

here's my interpretaion of the artwork:
danny is releasing a 'new' or 'prehuman' spirit into the world, it 'lands' in a body and begins its next stage;
justin is holding an eagle, both he and the eagle are live bodies, so this represents the 'life' stage for the spirit; this spirit, while on earth, has a purpose;
maynard's picture represents the purpose - 'unifying' two spirits; becoming one. This is apparent in all the 'twos' in the picture, the fact that he is 'sharing' his wine, he is communicating with another (represented by the phones, one for him, one for someone else), and most importantly the female bodies, representing love and sex. Once two spirits have connected, and if they remain connected, they are able to proceed together to the next stage;
behind adam is a spirit, one resembling a decaying human body (therefore one that has lived a life on earth, and has approached death), and if you look closely the spirit has its hands folded together, almost as though it's "holding its own hand" in a loving manner. This represents the fact that the two spirits have successfully merged to become one.

Based on your idea of what would consitute an answer to the "puzzle", you could just as easily and plainly say the solution is "life and death" because there is imagery peppered through out invovling.... well... life and death.

devi-
Old 05-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #173
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrumthegnome
for those who would like to comment on this thought, please view my thread entitled "how does this sound?" :

here's my interpretaion of the artwork:
danny is releasing a 'new' or 'prehuman' spirit into the world, it 'lands' in a body and begins its next stage;
justin is holding an eagle, both he and the eagle are live bodies, so this represents the 'life' stage for the spirit; this spirit, while on earth, has a purpose;
maynard's picture represents the purpose - 'unifying' two spirits; becoming one. This is apparent in all the 'twos' in the picture, the fact that he is 'sharing' his wine, he is communicating with another (represented by the phones, one for him, one for someone else), and most importantly the female bodies, representing love and sex. Once two spirits have connected, and if they remain connected, they are able to proceed together to the next stage;
behind adam is a spirit, one resembling a decaying human body (therefore one that has lived a life on earth, and has approached death), and if you look closely the spirit has its hands folded together, almost as though it's "holding its own hand" in a loving manner. This represents the fact that the two spirits have successfully merged to become one.

Based on your idea of what would consitute an answer to the "puzzle", you could just as easily and plainly say the solution is "life and death" because there is imagery peppered through out invovling.... well... life and death.

devi-
Hi9
05-10-2006, 01:18 AM

So far the best idea I've heard that's not just random philosphical speculation is that they're trying to say there's something more to come, that we only have half of something. This is really only shown in Maynard's picture, though... 2 boxes, one open and one closed, 2 glasses of wine, one offered one kept, 2 phones, one facing towards one away, two images of maynard, one facing towards one away, and 2 women, one facing towards and clothed and one facing away and nude (whether the clothed/nude part makes a difference, I don't know). In any case, this all shows an idea of half being withheld

Now, I know a lot of the leak hoax people would love to say that means there's another half of the album to be released soon. And I personally think that'd be awesome... but honestly, not likely. Perhaps they're actually going to release a live dvd soon? A book about all of their favorite interests? Maybe it doesn't even mean they're going to release something else, but that the songs each have a second layer of meaning that isn't immediately apparent, as has already been figured out by a lot of people here. I can't be sure, but if anyone else has any ideas, do mention it... even if it's stupid. 'Cause maybe it's not.

Actually, I know it... if you play just ever 6th second of every song in a row, it tells you the secret to enlightenment... but you have to get to the last second before it makes sense. I tried it, and I'm so totally floating right now.

www.hi9ordie.com
Old 05-10-2006, 01:18 AM   #174
Hi9
Level 3 - Talker

So far the best idea I've heard that's not just random philosphical speculation is that they're trying to say there's something more to come, that we only have half of something. This is really only shown in Maynard's picture, though... 2 boxes, one open and one closed, 2 glasses of wine, one offered one kept, 2 phones, one facing towards one away, two images of maynard, one facing towards one away, and 2 women, one facing towards and clothed and one facing away and nude (whether the clothed/nude part makes a difference, I don't know). In any case, this all shows an idea of half being withheld

Now, I know a lot of the leak hoax people would love to say that means there's another half of the album to be released soon. And I personally think that'd be awesome... but honestly, not likely. Perhaps they're actually going to release a live dvd soon? A book about all of their favorite interests? Maybe it doesn't even mean they're going to release something else, but that the songs each have a second layer of meaning that isn't immediately apparent, as has already been figured out by a lot of people here. I can't be sure, but if anyone else has any ideas, do mention it... even if it's stupid. 'Cause maybe it's not.

Actually, I know it... if you play just ever 6th second of every song in a row, it tells you the secret to enlightenment... but you have to get to the last second before it makes sense. I tried it, and I'm so totally floating right now.

www.hi9ordie.com
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
05-10-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi9

can you elaborate on what you mean here?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #175
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi9

can you elaborate on what you mean here?
05-10-2006, 02:26 AM

He means "Duuuuuuude, I'm like, so totally fucked right now."
Old 05-10-2006, 02:26 AM   #176
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 150

He means "Duuuuuuude, I'm like, so totally fucked right now."
Hi9
05-10-2006, 02:39 AM

I mean what I say, man.

www.hi9ordie.com
Old 05-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #177
Hi9
Level 3 - Talker

I mean what I say, man.

www.hi9ordie.com
Shaz's Avatar Shaz
05-10-2006, 02:50 AM

look at the lenses backwards thru a mirror, and at the picture of danny.

now that should show u exactly where to cut the middle part of the case in half.

and boom, out slides the second disc,

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
bunnies and kittens and more leeches
wings for mitch hedberg
seriously (wheres my pen)
die krispy kreme von satan
spork (blair goes to the dentist)
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #178
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

now that should show u exactly where to cut the middle part of the case in half.

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
wings for mitch hedberg
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
05-10-2006, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
wings for mitch hedberg
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
HI-fucking-LARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 05:12 AM   #179
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
wings for mitch hedberg
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
HI-fucking-LARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
05-10-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
TRAVIS SHINN = Not found on google.

Anagram that one: VARNISH is the main word....
try using google images buddy.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #180
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
TRAVIS SHINN = Not found on google.

Anagram that one: VARNISH is the main word....
try using google images buddy.
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
05-10-2006, 07:48 AM

someone should try dismantling the case to see if theres any hidden messages under the folded paper and card.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #181
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

someone should try dismantling the case to see if theres any hidden messages under the folded paper and card.
05-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitter_enigma
I thought it was obvious too, by the thinning trail in the background, that Danny seems to be capturing it rather than releasing it.

AGREED
Old 05-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitter_enigma
I thought it was obvious too, by the thinning trail in the background, that Danny seems to be capturing it rather than releasing it.

AGREED
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
wings for mitch hedberg
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
LMAO, now that's funny shit right there
Old 05-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #183
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

Bliboraenimus

Featuring hits like

firefly
blibo
bliboran
thirdeye pt 2
wings for mitch hedberg
...--..-.-.. --.-. --.
Sahashara

and the hidden track...
"buy my wine biatch"
LMAO, now that's funny shit right there
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM

The problem with any of Blair's riddles is that he provides no foundation for them (unless the key is buried somewhere in his superfluous news entries, in which case, good luck). He might as well hand you a page full of numbers and say "Solve the riddle."

Before we can even begin to work out this 'puzzle of sorts', we first need direction regarding what needs to be solved -- without knowing what we're supposed to be looking for (or why we're even looking) there is no point in looking at all.

I do remember the newsletter where Blair talked about going to Axl Rose's house for xmas, and the Turkey had 2 hearts (a detail which was quickly removed), but the purpose behind this 'puzzle' is still a mystery.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #184
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

The problem with any of Blair's riddles is that he provides no foundation for them (unless the key is buried somewhere in his superfluous news entries, in which case, good luck). He might as well hand you a page full of numbers and say "Solve the riddle."

Before we can even begin to work out this 'puzzle of sorts', we first need direction regarding what needs to be solved -- without knowing what we're supposed to be looking for (or why we're even looking) there is no point in looking at all.

I do remember the newsletter where Blair talked about going to Axl Rose's house for xmas, and the Turkey had 2 hearts (a detail which was quickly removed), but the purpose behind this 'puzzle' is still a mystery.
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM

I don't think there should be duplicated content on the Internet. =o)

I posted a couple of my observations at alt.music.tool (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.tool/browse_thread/thread/54366f48cd977904/e3281c2a2b31b9ff#e3281c2a2b31b9ff)

I'm starting simple and then working to a more complex state, I suppose.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #185
Level 2 - Poster

I don't think there should be duplicated content on the Internet. =o)

I posted a couple of my observations at alt.music.tool (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.tool/browse_thread/thread/54366f48cd977904/e3281c2a2b31b9ff#e3281c2a2b31b9ff)

I'm starting simple and then working to a more complex state, I suppose.
willybean69
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM

I think we are over anaylizing the artwork. It not a puzzle, maybe a puzzle piece to the bands life, inspirations, and goals.

read the revolver article

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digital...7594120513725/

we can zoom pictures up, hard to find, but figure it out
Old 05-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #186
Level 1 - Lurker

I think we are over anaylizing the artwork. It not a puzzle, maybe a puzzle piece to the bands life, inspirations, and goals.

read the revolver article

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digital...7594120513725/

we can zoom pictures up, hard to find, but figure it out
mark.bender1
05-10-2006, 05:35 PM

has anyone noticed that the light/energy is not actually comeing from danny but from behind him? or am i just completly lost
Old 05-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #187
Level 2 - Poster

has anyone noticed that the light/energy is not actually comeing from danny but from behind him? or am i just completly lost
awaking's Avatar awaking
05-10-2006, 09:22 PM

dont know if its been said but in maynards pic in the backround is the Empire State Building.. empire state is new york. the white woman looks like shes hugging it kinda.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #188
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

dont know if its been said but in maynards pic in the backround is the Empire State Building.. empire state is new york. the white woman looks like shes hugging it kinda.
05-11-2006, 09:22 AM

Regardless of the band member-puzzle- I think the concept of the art, while simple (stereoscopic technique), is a commentary on how the music should be pulled together and also on unity and the way that is presented in the music. Tersely, the depth and dimension only come together when the two become one. Also, the music is only understood when the ideas from them all are all incorporated into one. Also, IF the bandmember puzzle idea comes through/is real/ is solved, that would, in a way and ONLY conceptually, be a four dimensional solution-- each picture when viewed appropriately comes out three-dimensional, and if a linear solution through all four of them is found, that is a four dimensional model, being transcendent over the previous three-dimensions and signifying one more step, a higher connection, etc. Perhaps the music, when unified, presents the same...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #189
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Regardless of the band member-puzzle- I think the concept of the art, while simple (stereoscopic technique), is a commentary on how the music should be pulled together and also on unity and the way that is presented in the music. Tersely, the depth and dimension only come together when the two become one. Also, the music is only understood when the ideas from them all are all incorporated into one. Also, IF the bandmember puzzle idea comes through/is real/ is solved, that would, in a way and ONLY conceptually, be a four dimensional solution-- each picture when viewed appropriately comes out three-dimensional, and if a linear solution through all four of them is found, that is a four dimensional model, being transcendent over the previous three-dimensions and signifying one more step, a higher connection, etc. Perhaps the music, when unified, presents the same...
paraflux
05-11-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, it has been noticed, most people think that the energy is being captured/harnessed/summoned by Danny, and not the opposite, which would be him releasing whatever it is.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #190
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
Yes, it has been noticed, most people think that the energy is being captured/harnessed/summoned by Danny, and not the opposite, which would be him releasing whatever it is.
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP
if you look close enough he does have a mohawk in the mirror reflection
no he doesn't
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #191
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP
if you look close enough he does have a mohawk in the mirror reflection
no he doesn't
deviever
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
no he doesn't
Yes he does.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

devi-
Old 05-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #192
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
no he doesn't
Yes he does.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

devi-
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-11-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yes he does.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

devi-
no. he doesn't.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #193
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Yes he does.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

devi-
no. he doesn't.
deviever
05-11-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
no. he doesn't.
Together, anything is probable.

devi-
Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #194
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
no. he doesn't.
Together, anything is probable.

devi-
Hi9
05-11-2006, 12:00 PM

It's hard to see the mohawk 'cause of the dark background, but you can faintly see the sheen on it's top edges if you look at it in good light.

www.hi9ordie.com
Old 05-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #195
Hi9
Level 3 - Talker

It's hard to see the mohawk 'cause of the dark background, but you can faintly see the sheen on it's top edges if you look at it in good light.

www.hi9ordie.com
imbackagain2's Avatar imbackagain2
05-11-2006, 12:19 PM

This puzzle is amazing. I wish you cut it open and get another cd. That would be killer. Im lost. It's been a week and worldwide we can't figure it out. I wonder if there even is one.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #196

This puzzle is amazing. I wish you cut it open and get another cd. That would be killer. Im lost. It's been a week and worldwide we can't figure it out. I wonder if there even is one.
05-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleincision
NO! i see it, weird..... definately an eye....
am i also seeing things..?
Tell me if I am seeing things, but on the other side there is another closed eye. Between the curtains and flame arc.
Could work in with the closed box/open box etc.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #197
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleincision
NO! i see it, weird..... definately an eye....
am i also seeing things..?
Tell me if I am seeing things, but on the other side there is another closed eye. Between the curtains and flame arc.
Could work in with the closed box/open box etc.
acuringdream
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM

i'm new here, and what better way to be mocked at than by being made fun of. anyways, post #88 gives us the magical numbers of the petals. out of sheer stupidity, doing very simple math, we can quite clearly see that all the numbers provided are divisible by four. this magical number, four, could represent many things: one of the four musicians of tool, a quarter of life, fourths (music, all relevant), natural law, etc etc.

or, we could just simply be looking at the whole thing the wrong way. what if we were to, say, not paying attention to the correlation between the "flowers" and the images themselves? what if, say, the stereoscopic images could be found elsewhere on the album (yeah, i know that won't happen)? has anyone scanned every image at high resolutions to thoroughly scan through the images, or has it not been done? we could be missing things because we haven't seen things in an extreme blow up. there could also be the fact that we can't see a correlation between this album and the older albums. maybe, just maybe, we just can't accept that what we have been given is what tool (the band, obviously) wants to see us waste our time with.

yes, i AM aware that a "n00b" shouldn't be posting in a place like this for now, and that this post is rather meaningless, and that yes, many of you probably have scanned the booklet up (not sure about the high res, though), and will most likely ignore this. that's all i really have to say on this. g'night.

-rob g
Old 05-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #198
Level 1 - Lurker

i'm new here, and what better way to be mocked at than by being made fun of. anyways, post #88 gives us the magical numbers of the petals. out of sheer stupidity, doing very simple math, we can quite clearly see that all the numbers provided are divisible by four. this magical number, four, could represent many things: one of the four musicians of tool, a quarter of life, fourths (music, all relevant), natural law, etc etc.

or, we could just simply be looking at the whole thing the wrong way. what if we were to, say, not paying attention to the correlation between the "flowers" and the images themselves? what if, say, the stereoscopic images could be found elsewhere on the album (yeah, i know that won't happen)? has anyone scanned every image at high resolutions to thoroughly scan through the images, or has it not been done? we could be missing things because we haven't seen things in an extreme blow up. there could also be the fact that we can't see a correlation between this album and the older albums. maybe, just maybe, we just can't accept that what we have been given is what tool (the band, obviously) wants to see us waste our time with.

yes, i AM aware that a "n00b" shouldn't be posting in a place like this for now, and that this post is rather meaningless, and that yes, many of you probably have scanned the booklet up (not sure about the high res, though), and will most likely ignore this. that's all i really have to say on this. g'night.

-rob g
fiftyfive
05-11-2006, 07:43 PM

If a second cd emerges from solving this puzzle i will drool.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #199
Level 3 - Talker

If a second cd emerges from solving this puzzle i will drool.
chaos_one666
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM

i think blair's probably having the time of his life watching this unfold.

just an opinion, though.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #200
Level 4 - Thinker

i think blair's probably having the time of his life watching this unfold.

just an opinion, though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply