Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Black Rabbit's Avatar Black Rabbit
05-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dharma Bum
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
hallelujah that sounds like a very civil balance.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Quote:
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
hallelujah that sounds like a very civil balance.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
aperfectnineinchtool's Avatar aperfectnineinchtool
05-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Dogma is a human invention.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Black Rabbit's Avatar Black Rabbit
05-12-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperfectnineinchtool
If it is that obvious, then why don't people realize that all the schemes of man are nefarious in nature
Old 05-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #43

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
If it is that obvious, then why don't people realize that all the schemes of man are nefarious in nature
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
05-12-2006, 05:14 PM

I think Maynard has become a more spiritual person than he was on their previous work. People change.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #44
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

I think Maynard has become a more spiritual person than he was on their previous work. People change.
05-12-2006, 05:16 PM

"True dat" Black Rabbit... that includes all the attempts at governing!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"True dat" Black Rabbit... that includes all the attempts at governing!
The Useful Idiot
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM

"Didn't have a life
Didn't have a life
But surely saved one"

This line sticks out to me as if Maynard is saying his mothers death made him rethink his view on religion. I think this line is about his mothers death setting him on a new religious path
Old 05-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

"Didn't have a life
Didn't have a life
But surely saved one"

This line sticks out to me as if Maynard is saying his mothers death made him rethink his view on religion. I think this line is about his mothers death setting him on a new religious path
05-12-2006, 05:20 PM

And ThirdEye13, where the hell did you find time for 1,276 post?
Old 05-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

And ThirdEye13, where the hell did you find time for 1,276 post?
mrhubof's Avatar mrhubof
05-12-2006, 05:25 PM

Everyone chill out, take your religion talk elsewhere. I don't care if TOOL was a christian or mormon band, if they make music this good it doesn't matter. Just listen to the music and believe what you believe. Think for yourselves idiots.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Everyone chill out, take your religion talk elsewhere. I don't care if TOOL was a christian or mormon band, if they make music this good it doesn't matter. Just listen to the music and believe what you believe. Think for yourselves idiots.
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM

This is a discusion board is it not? Anything can be said... holyrolling and satan worshiping alike... whatever flavor it happens to be. And its not like anyone is trying to murder another, so there is no need for "chilling out".
Old 05-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This is a discusion board is it not? Anything can be said... holyrolling and satan worshiping alike... whatever flavor it happens to be. And its not like anyone is trying to murder another, so there is no need for "chilling out".
HeavenLost's Avatar HeavenLost
05-12-2006, 05:38 PM

aperfectnineinchtool, wow what a name.
I think you nailed it there, judge Christianity by Christ. Beautifull. Forget this St. Whoever junk. Hail Mary, buy this million dollar indulgance and you've got a 'right to sin' card, pay men to bless you, your familly and set you up in your dream job. Hallelujah, I love Hallmark holiday's. Now here we are back this dirty word, religion. Neuromancer, what can you tell us about religion?

Now about Christ not being real. 'In the begging there was the Word.' Now the Hebrew word for 'word' means communication, communion, love, light, and life. 'And the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.'
Since Christ is the mediator between us and God he is communication and communion for God, and for us he is the representation of love, light and life. Osiris is the copy of Christ, not the other way around.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #50
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

aperfectnineinchtool, wow what a name.
I think you nailed it there, judge Christianity by Christ. Beautifull. Forget this St. Whoever junk. Hail Mary, buy this million dollar indulgance and you've got a 'right to sin' card, pay men to bless you, your familly and set you up in your dream job. Hallelujah, I love Hallmark holiday's. Now here we are back this dirty word, religion. Neuromancer, what can you tell us about religion?

Now about Christ not being real. 'In the begging there was the Word.' Now the Hebrew word for 'word' means communication, communion, love, light, and life. 'And the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.'
Since Christ is the mediator between us and God he is communication and communion for God, and for us he is the representation of love, light and life. Osiris is the copy of Christ, not the other way around.
2and46's Avatar 2and46
05-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye13
I don't know about that. Maynard was pretty damn spiritual on Lateralus. In fact, lateralus was one of the most spiritual records I can think of. Maynard hasn't turned into some Christ freak. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. You can be spiritual without being a christian. He lives near Sedona, that should say it all. The new-age capital of the U.S.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #51
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye13
I don't know about that. Maynard was pretty damn spiritual on Lateralus. In fact, lateralus was one of the most spiritual records I can think of. Maynard hasn't turned into some Christ freak. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. You can be spiritual without being a christian. He lives near Sedona, that should say it all. The new-age capital of the U.S.
05-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Heaven Lost, my name isn't very good for a Christian... he he he; but it sounded cool. But I totally agree. Awesome!

That is I agree with everything you said.

Last edited by aperfectnineinchtool; 05-12-2006 at 05:46 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Heaven Lost, my name isn't very good for a Christian... he he he; but it sounded cool. But I totally agree. Awesome!

That is I agree with everything you said.

Last edited by aperfectnineinchtool; 05-12-2006 at 05:46 PM..
05-12-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.
tainednarf1014
05-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Who gives a shit. Tool fucking ownz. The music they create is amazing and unlike anything I've ever heard in my life.

Cheers to who or whatever they draw their inspiration from. Just listen and enjoy and don't worry about what religion anyone in the band is or who's got a freckle on their left testicle.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Who gives a shit. Tool fucking ownz. The music they create is amazing and unlike anything I've ever heard in my life.

Cheers to who or whatever they draw their inspiration from. Just listen and enjoy and don't worry about what religion anyone in the band is or who's got a freckle on their left testicle.
05-12-2006, 05:56 PM

Dude, HeavenLost give me your email... you are too cool a person to never have a private discussion. Wow, I love what you wrote there!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #55
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Dude, HeavenLost give me your email... you are too cool a person to never have a private discussion. Wow, I love what you wrote there!
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM

Thank you aperfectnineinchtool, i was starting to feel quite alone.

Now we must stop this rant.
I meant this tread to become a list of the little faithfull jewels we find in Tools songs. Bring your opinions about the lyrics

'The Devil and his had me down
In love the dark side I'd found
Dabbling all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown'

'But you change that all for me
Lifted me up turned me round'

'So I....would....wish this all away'

Please take these lyrics all at once.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Thank you aperfectnineinchtool, i was starting to feel quite alone.

Now we must stop this rant.
I meant this tread to become a list of the little faithfull jewels we find in Tools songs. Bring your opinions about the lyrics

'The Devil and his had me down
In love the dark side I'd found
Dabbling all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown'

'But you change that all for me
Lifted me up turned me round'

'So I....would....wish this all away'

Please take these lyrics all at once.
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Somehow I am gradually realizing that I hope and pray I never become a Deep Thinker (or anything past that) on this thing because I might lose a bit of my common sense and buy into this need to feel smarter and more on the level than most. Geez!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #57
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Somehow I am gradually realizing that I hope and pray I never become a Deep Thinker (or anything past that) on this thing because I might lose a bit of my common sense and buy into this need to feel smarter and more on the level than most. Geez!
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00gar_ph00gar
maybe maynard is really a god boy and has spent the last 15 years gathering followers, only to soon reveal his true self as a bible thumper and leaving all his admirers no choice but to conform to his word or be lost forever without guidance.

scary thought.
Hm... I thought maybe he was Jesus. Their next album should be coming out around 2012, which is when Jesus makes his public appearance...

But no. Not really.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #58
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00gar_ph00gar
maybe maynard is really a god boy and has spent the last 15 years gathering followers, only to soon reveal his true self as a bible thumper and leaving all his admirers no choice but to conform to his word or be lost forever without guidance.

scary thought.
Hm... I thought maybe he was Jesus. Their next album should be coming out around 2012, which is when Jesus makes his public appearance...

But no. Not really.
05-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Agreed HeavenLost, we must vacate the premises. But I will make my email available or you can give me yours or something. Too cool!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Agreed HeavenLost, we must vacate the premises. But I will make my email available or you can give me yours or something. Too cool!
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLost
Through all the years I've been listening to Tool I never thought I would hear what I'm hearing on 10,000 Days. Completely out of the question, but here is it from Maynards own mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is preaching the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me wet your appetite and set you on your way.

We all know that Judith Marie was a devout Christian, and if here life wasn't a lie ('she never lived a lie') then her life must haven been true.

There are many more of there little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.
.....may god have mercy on your [no]
Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #60
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

Quote:
Through all the years I've been listening to Tool I never thought I would hear what I'm hearing on 10,000 Days. Completely out of the question, but here is it from Maynards own mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is preaching the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me wet your appetite and set you on your way.

We all know that Judith Marie was a devout Christian, and if here life wasn't a lie ('she never lived a lie') then her life must haven been true.

There are many more of there little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.
.....may god have mercy on your [no]
The Dharma Bum
05-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I won't find God in the Bible either. It was written by the hand of man, and man voted on what was to be gospel, silencing the voices of other Christians. If I want to find God, I'll look within my own heart. If you have found God in the bible, have at it, but don't try to tell me who, or what God is. Are you God's spokesman? Do you claim to be privy to some divine message that the rest of us are to ignorant to comprehend?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #61

Quote:
I won't find God in the Bible either. It was written by the hand of man, and man voted on what was to be gospel, silencing the voices of other Christians. If I want to find God, I'll look within my own heart. If you have found God in the bible, have at it, but don't try to tell me who, or what God is. Are you God's spokesman? Do you claim to be privy to some divine message that the rest of us are to ignorant to comprehend?
TheEulogyOfMe's Avatar TheEulogyOfMe
05-12-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Amen big guy.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #62

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Amen big guy.
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM

I'm sorry i can't resist.
Your heart is a good place to look for God. He did say, after all, that He has written His law on every man's heart. The meaning of the word inspiration is etymologicaly traced to 'immediate influence of God'. To say that the Bible was writen by God using men as His quill would be quite accurate. Privy to some divine message? No, just inspired.

I hope very much, Dharma, that the god you find loves you beyond any human comprehension.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #63
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Your heart is a good place to look for God. He did say, after all, that He has written His law on every man's heart. The meaning of the word inspiration is etymologicaly traced to 'immediate influence of God'. To say that the Bible was writen by God using men as His quill would be quite accurate. Privy to some divine message? No, just inspired.

I hope very much, Dharma, that the god you find loves you beyond any human comprehension.
The Dharma Bum
05-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:

and you as well. If you would like to know more about some of my thoughts on god, check out my poetry in the poetry section (shameless plug) I'm sure you'll be surprised. particularly "writing always writing" and "...in Heaven" they are both in the same thread "Untitled"

Last edited by The Dharma Bum; 05-12-2006 at 07:09 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #64

Quote:

and you as well. If you would like to know more about some of my thoughts on god, check out my poetry in the poetry section (shameless plug) I'm sure you'll be surprised. particularly "writing always writing" and "...in Heaven" they are both in the same thread "Untitled"

Last edited by The Dharma Bum; 05-12-2006 at 07:09 PM..
05-12-2006, 07:25 PM

Yes the Bible was written by man, but inspired by God... Moses wrote the first five books in the Bible, which includes the account of creation and everything after. Although Moses was a decendant of Abraham, he was raised an Egyptian... so he didn't have the priviledge of having the stories of his fathers to help him write Genesis, he was moved by God's spirit (The Holy Spirit, not an entity unto itself, but God's active force) to write that book. Those who put the Bible together didn't take votes and didn't "silence the voices of other Christians". Many men who studied all these scrolls very carefully sat in a room discussing the matter of "continuity". They had God's spirit guiding them and they all agreed that if this was to be THE word of God there would have to be a perfect union of scripture; that there would be no contradiction. The books including the Jewish Apocrypha has been left out of the Bible because it either contradicts where other books agree or has little substance or importance such as the Macabees. Every word in the Bible has importance and there is unfettered harmony within its text. We are born of sin, because of Adam's fall, and our "human hearts" currently only desire for something we can attain separate from our creator. We don't have the answers within us, and that is the issue that you are all missing. Can we as humans do it better than our creator? What have we become in 6000 + years? Think about it. And don't be a douche.

Last edited by aperfectnineinchtool; 05-12-2006 at 08:23 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yes the Bible was written by man, but inspired by God... Moses wrote the first five books in the Bible, which includes the account of creation and everything after. Although Moses was a decendant of Abraham, he was raised an Egyptian... so he didn't have the priviledge of having the stories of his fathers to help him write Genesis, he was moved by God's spirit (The Holy Spirit, not an entity unto itself, but God's active force) to write that book. Those who put the Bible together didn't take votes and didn't "silence the voices of other Christians". Many men who studied all these scrolls very carefully sat in a room discussing the matter of "continuity". They had God's spirit guiding them and they all agreed that if this was to be THE word of God there would have to be a perfect union of scripture; that there would be no contradiction. The books including the Jewish Apocrypha has been left out of the Bible because it either contradicts where other books agree or has little substance or importance such as the Macabees. Every word in the Bible has importance and there is unfettered harmony within its text. We are born of sin, because of Adam's fall, and our "human hearts" currently only desire for something we can attain separate from our creator. We don't have the answers within us, and that is the issue that you are all missing. Can we as humans do it better than our creator? What have we become in 6000 + years? Think about it. And don't be a douche.

Last edited by aperfectnineinchtool; 05-12-2006 at 08:23 PM..
Dross
05-12-2006, 08:10 PM

To the original post... and no I'm not going to pointlessly quote the whole thing.

Zealot much? Ever hear of an objective viewpoint? No didn't think so. Maynard has a lot of ideas and viewpoints in his music. Just because he refers to one sliver of culture called Christianity doesn't mean he's a Christian.

Last edited by Dross; 05-12-2006 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #66

Bincount™: 6

To the original post... and no I'm not going to pointlessly quote the whole thing.

Zealot much? Ever hear of an objective viewpoint? No didn't think so. Maynard has a lot of ideas and viewpoints in his music. Just because he refers to one sliver of culture called Christianity doesn't mean he's a Christian.

Last edited by Dross; 05-12-2006 at 08:15 PM..
identitat soldat
05-12-2006, 08:13 PM

Wow. He speaks through the views of his mother, he MUST be Christian. He said "angels" and "saved;" he must have converted.

You guys are dopes.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Wow. He speaks through the views of his mother, he MUST be Christian. He said "angels" and "saved;" he must have converted.

You guys are dopes.
05-12-2006, 08:25 PM

Well, first of all I wanna say it's kinda interestin that somebody pretty much stole my username (intentionally or not)...but hey...good sense of humor...

But yeah, to the threadstarter, I think maynard makes his own personal relgious views apparent through the line:

"Should you see your Maker's face tonight...."(look Him in the eye, etc etc)

Notice he says "SHOULD you see YOUR maker's face tonight", as opposed to maybe, "WHEN you see OUR maker's face tonight", or something to that effect. He basically eliminates any connection with his mother in terms of having the same beliefs. If maynard was in fact preaching/supporting Christianity, he wouldn't use such ambiguous terms.....

While he may sound more spiritual on his record, by no means has he suddenly had a total change of heart in regards to religion. I don't see how someone could go from that april fools day joke last year to suddenly "preaching' the religion....think about it
Old 05-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

Well, first of all I wanna say it's kinda interestin that somebody pretty much stole my username (intentionally or not)...but hey...good sense of humor...

But yeah, to the threadstarter, I think maynard makes his own personal relgious views apparent through the line:

"Should you see your Maker's face tonight...."(look Him in the eye, etc etc)

Notice he says "SHOULD you see YOUR maker's face tonight", as opposed to maybe, "WHEN you see OUR maker's face tonight", or something to that effect. He basically eliminates any connection with his mother in terms of having the same beliefs. If maynard was in fact preaching/supporting Christianity, he wouldn't use such ambiguous terms.....

While he may sound more spiritual on his record, by no means has he suddenly had a total change of heart in regards to religion. I don't see how someone could go from that april fools day joke last year to suddenly "preaching' the religion....think about it
05-12-2006, 08:25 PM

Look closer then just words. Find the meaning. Don't hide behind sarcasm, again, that is weakness.

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent son (not sun)
Shine down on the broken
Shine on until the two become one
Thats about Chirst, he's the only benevolent son that shines forever and ever, Amen.

Damn my eyes if they should compromise a fulcrom. In other words 'If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out', right from the Bible.

Keep looking you'll find many many more.

Last edited by HeavenLost; 05-13-2006 at 05:41 AM..
Old 05-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #69
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Look closer then just words. Find the meaning. Don't hide behind sarcasm, again, that is weakness.

Shine on forever
Shine down on the broken
Thats about Chirst, he's the only benevolent son that shines forever and ever, Amen.

Damn my eyes if they should compromise a fulcrom. In other words 'If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out', right from the Bible.

Last edited by HeavenLost; 05-13-2006 at 05:41 AM..
05-12-2006, 08:32 PM

I think the "should you see your maker..." just indicates that he was in the process of writing this in the assumption that she would soon be dead. Also this was a good post because we got some real spectulation but of course got little douchey heads too, but Jesus loves the little children... "foot in mouth and head up ass, so whatcha talkin bout?"
Old 05-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think the "should you see your maker..." just indicates that he was in the process of writing this in the assumption that she would soon be dead. Also this was a good post because we got some real spectulation but of course got little douchey heads too, but Jesus loves the little children... "foot in mouth and head up ass, so whatcha talkin bout?"
The Dharma Bum
05-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Moses did not write the first 5 books of the bible, they were written down long after he died. Continuity? Have you read the bible? Tell me where the continuity of the 4 Gospels is. Each of them give four different accounts of the Life, Death, and Ressurection of Christ, with plenty of contradiction. If every word of the bible is gospel, then why do christians pick and choose which passages to follow? Should they not follow every word? Shall I start quoting scripture?

Last edited by The Dharma Bum; 05-12-2006 at 08:45 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #71

Quote:
Moses did not write the first 5 books of the bible, they were written down long after he died. Continuity? Have you read the bible? Tell me where the continuity of the 4 Gospels is. Each of them give four different accounts of the Life, Death, and Ressurection of Christ, with plenty of contradiction. If every word of the bible is gospel, then why do christians pick and choose which passages to follow? Should they not follow every word? Shall I start quoting scripture?

Last edited by The Dharma Bum; 05-12-2006 at 08:45 PM..
macfreak's Avatar macfreak
05-12-2006, 08:49 PM

She was true to her believes, that is not a lie, doesnt matter if u believe the same or not
Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

She was true to her believes, that is not a lie, doesnt matter if u believe the same or not
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
05-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Also on that note the laws of physics will tell you... Energy is neither created nor destroyed, only transferred. That being said we should all fathom the concept of what call God to be within us all. I think we all have the ability to become what we created. I cant quote it verbatim but Bill Hicks even stated before he died that this universe is much too weird not to have a creator.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #73
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

Quote:
Also on that note the laws of physics will tell you... Energy is neither created nor destroyed, only transferred. That being said we should all fathom the concept of what call God to be within us all. I think we all have the ability to become what we created. I cant quote it verbatim but Bill Hicks even stated before he died that this universe is much too weird not to have a creator.
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
05-12-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:

Shine on forever
Shine down on the broken

Damn my eyes is they should compromise a fulcrom. In other words 'If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out'

What does it matter what a man called Maynard believes or doesn't believe? I'm not saying you're right or you're wrong. I could, if I wanted to, find "evidence" in his lyrics that shows he is not a Christian. I could even explain passages to show that he believes he is an alien. That does not mean I am right does it? And even if I am right, what does it matter? If it turns out that Maynard is a Christian, does that mean that I should become one too? If it turns out that he is not, does that mean that you should drop your beliefs in favour of his?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #74
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Quote:

Shine on forever
Shine down on the broken

Damn my eyes is they should compromise a fulcrom. In other words 'If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out'

What does it matter what a man called Maynard believes or doesn't believe? I'm not saying you're right or you're wrong. I could, if I wanted to, find "evidence" in his lyrics that shows he is not a Christian. I could even explain passages to show that he believes he is an alien. That does not mean I am right does it? And even if I am right, what does it matter? If it turns out that Maynard is a Christian, does that mean that I should become one too? If it turns out that he is not, does that mean that you should drop your beliefs in favour of his?
kubrick
05-12-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:

All I've gotta say is, remember last year's April Fools joke.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #75
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

All I've gotta say is, remember last year's April Fools joke.
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
05-12-2006, 09:18 PM

Who else's mouth would he use?

....then God is not dead.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #76
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

Who else's mouth would he use?

....then God is not dead.
05-12-2006, 09:24 PM

A Christian who does not follow EVERY SINGLE utterance of The Most High, or at least try to and pray for that kind of resolve, is no Christian. The true Christian loves Christ and God and hates every sinfull act they commit.

I find tons of continuity in the Bible. From what Christ said to the serpent in Eden to the end of Revelation. The continuous character of God thoughout, the constant prophecies of Christ, the promise to Abraham from God which is something we can see today, the unadulterated line from David to Christ just as scripture fortold.

Now the Gospels, they all tell the same story. Maybe Mark got some choronology mixed up or John didn't quite hear that well but the discontinuity you speak of Dharma is something we Christians look past to get at the meat of the story.

Christ died as the only possible offering for sin in the world. To purchase mankind for God back from sin. Thats the heart of it and thats all I and aperfectnineinchtool need to know.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #77
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

A Christian who does not follow EVERY SINGLE utterance of The Most High, or at least try to and pray for that kind of resolve, is no Christian. The true Christian loves Christ and God and hates every sinfull act they commit.

I find tons of continuity in the Bible. From what Christ said to the serpent in Eden to the end of Revelation. The continuous character of God thoughout, the constant prophecies of Christ, the promise to Abraham from God which is something we can see today, the unadulterated line from David to Christ just as scripture fortold.

Now the Gospels, they all tell the same story. Maybe Mark got some choronology mixed up or John didn't quite hear that well but the discontinuity you speak of Dharma is something we Christians look past to get at the meat of the story.

Christ died as the only possible offering for sin in the world. To purchase mankind for God back from sin. Thats the heart of it and thats all I and aperfectnineinchtool need to know.
HiPp_1's Avatar HiPp_1
05-12-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEulogyOfMe
Blah blah blah! Who fuckin' cares! Listen to the music, take what you want and be happy! Religion, God it's all what you make of it.

I will not be scared into loving an imaginary person. "There's no Love in Fear."

thank you....YOU GOT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #78

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEulogyOfMe
Blah blah blah! Who fuckin' cares! Listen to the music, take what you want and be happy! Religion, God it's all what you make of it.

I will not be scared into loving an imaginary person. "There's no Love in Fear."

thank you....YOU GOT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD.
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-12-2006, 09:30 PM

Maynard is not Christian.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Maynard is not Christian.
paraflux
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM

This is gonna be weird if we get a bunch of christians in here now thinking that Tool is a christian band. I can see it now.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #80
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

This is gonna be weird if we get a bunch of christians in here now thinking that Tool is a christian band. I can see it now.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply